CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the midweek madness deals suck
But lost planet 3 is included!

Edit: And the fallout collection is 75% off? Blerrgh. I picked up the collection for 3 bucks in the summer....that was a sweet deal. Gaben must be throwing and craptastic/repeated deals in preparation for salez saison

For those who don't want GFWL with Lost Planet, the original version here uses steamworks. I think the only difference is the Colonies Edition has some more multiplayer stuff and some new modes for the campaign.

dungenland goes f2p
Except not really. Paradox has done this before, in that they're taking the demo of the game and making that the "Free to Play" version. Unlike other F2P games, you simply hit a paywall at the end of a level or two and they ask you to buy the full version "All Access Pack". This would be like ID calling the shareware version of Doom free to play. And adding a micro-transaction store. Did I mention Dungeonland has one of those?

Don't expect any more updates to the game as the studio announced its closure last month. This is just Paradox repackaging the product.

Bundlestars has a who's-who list bundle of terrible FPS Steam games for cheap:

The Ship: Complete Pack

Legendary

Shattered Horizon

Section 8

Dino D-Day

Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold

$2.99
Argh, I keep trying to get away from Legendary and it keeps popping up. I won't buy this. Nope, not gonna happen...

So, Wadjet Eye fans: A remade version of The Shivah, the company's first adventure game, is now up for preorder at their site. It costs $4 and you get a Steam key.

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/the-shivah/

The original version of the game was released in an Indie Royale several years ago. So far there's no information on whether or not original game owners will get a key.

So, Wadjet Eye fans: A remade version of The Shivah, the company's first adventure game, is now up for preorder at their site. It costs $4 and you get a Steam key.

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/the-shivah/

The original version of the game was released in an Indie Royale several years ago. So far there's no information on whether or not original game owners will get a key.
The Shivah was also in the Groupees Wadjet Eye bundle.

Previously bundled games and what bundle they were in. Mostly less popular bundles this time - I think I "only" have three of these.

Bollywood Wannabe (Indie Royale Debut 4)
Freedom Fall  (Groupees BAB6)
Grimind (Groupees KISS 2)
Gunman Clive  (Indie Royale Debut Bundle, Green Light Bundle 1)
Little Racers STREET (Indie Royale Gamer Chick bundle)
Smooth Operators (Indie Gala 9, Retro Groupee, and the current IndieFort)
The Tale of ALLTYNEX (Reflex: Indie Gala October; Kamui: Groupees Doujin 2)

Huh.  I'm glad this was on the Greenlight list. FYI--Lords of Xulima currently has a Kickstarter running to add more features. It looks pretty good already; I've been following it since the Indiegogo campaign was running.

Midweek Madness:

Defiance (-50%) $9.99 $4.99

+ Deluxe Edition (-50%) $29.99 $14.99

+ Deluxe Edition Upgrade (-50%) $19.99 $9.99

Lost Planet 3 (-50%) $49.99 $24.99

⤷ Survival Pack (-50%) $4.99 $2.49
⤷ Assault Pack (-50%) $2.99 $1.49
⤷ Freedom Fighter Pack (-50%) $2.99 $1.49
⤷ Punisher Pack (-50%) $2.99 $1.49
⤷ Map Pack 1 (-50%) $4.99 $2.49
⤷ Map Pack 2 (-50%) $4.99 $2.49
⤷ Map Pack 3(-50%) $4.99 $2.49
survivl pack includes assualt fighter punhiser pack

But lost planet 3 is included!

Edit: And the fallout collection is 75% off? Blerrgh. I picked up the collection for 3 bucks in the summer....that was a sweet deal. Gaben must be throwing and craptastic/repeated deals in preparation for salez saison
during their glitch sale damn u steam u made me waste money cause i hav to collect fo3 and 4 afterwards jackasss

So, I heard we were talking about over-sized nipples.
Were you lurking, or is the NSA sending you a daily keyword list?

YAY! New Steam thread! So when do I get the Junior Deputy badge for surviving v9?
Real cheapasses make their own badges out of burger wrappers and half-used ketchup packets scavenged from a dumpster behind the nearest fast-food restaurant. That will save you at least 30 cents' worth of materials, which can then buy you thirty percent of the next indie bundle.

(It should go without mentioning that real bandits don' need no steenking badges.)

I don't think anyone really believes this. Hopefully Microsoft has a genuine understanding of what a hard sell this will be to gun-shy PC gamers who have heard these stories before. Maybe the next big thing in Windows gaming will be what we were promised GfWL would be when it was first discussed, but at this point I'm not sure what they could really do other than to partner with Valve in some way. As a platform, Windows is just fine but the Windows 8 Store looks like a step in the wrong direction and is filled with XBLA and phone crap that I wouldn't waste my time on if I were on a desert island and all I had were that and some charcoal and scraps of parchment. Disappointingly, even though the start button has returned in 8.1 (and IMO it makes a big difference), Microsoft shows every sign of doubling-down on its Windows Everywhere nonsense so I don't feel this bodes well for any future "gamer-friendly" initiatives on its part.
The biggest problem with the PC market, in Microsoft's eyes, is that it's total anarchy. Nobody controls the hardware, nobody controls the software, it's a totally disorganized cluster- fuck where pretty much anything goes.

The biggest strength of the PC market, in gamers' eyes, is that it's total anarchy. Nobody controls the hardware, nobody controls the software, it's a totally decentralized platform where pretty much anything goes.

The problem, and the solution, can be found in studying these two paragraphs. Can Microsoft (finally) see it? Mark me down as "hopeful but not optimistic".

[customspoiler=This]
ss_fcea526302c583d0897f11d4a7bcc304904691c7.1920x1080.jpg
[/customspoiler] seems like something Motoki would enjoy. I wonder where he is?

Long Live The Queen

I heard that thread gained sentience and was finalizing its plans for total control by continually reverting from wiki status. Then robots fought dinosaurs with laserbeams on Mars and out of the rubble the Steam Deals Thread v10 was formed.
History will remember the burgers

Now I know this is the wrong place by BGCQ has been a bit dead lately and I wanted to alert everyone of an event on Saturday the 16th of Nov. Just check it out.
Damn you, I was going to host an event this weekend and continue each weekend after...now it'll just look like I was copying you!

That said, I posted a topic on my events in BGCQ, please everyone go read and give feedback. Was going to start this weekend, but might prolong till next, so as not to conflict with Kaltic's.

I think Dino D-Day is fun. There, I said it.
I agree, I really enjoyed the one gaming session I had with it!

And for those Lost Planet aficionados we have here on this forum, may I point out that Lost Planet and Lost Planet 2 are both 75% off.

Catch them all!
Hmmm - I wanna know who the biggest Lost Planet aficionado actually is...

EDIT:

Wait - Lost Planet aficionados?

As in...plural?

You mean, there's more than ONE Lost Planet aficionado?

[eyebrow raised]

Hmmm - I wanna know who the biggest Lost Planet aficionado actually is...

EDIT:

Wait - Lost Planet aficionados?

As in...plural?

You mean, there's more than ONE Lost Planet aficionado?

[eyebrow raised]
i thouht that mooby drabelincoln and spoderman . mytsterd the drm aficiondo

warreni said:
No, that's a random internet dude; I'm still in my training bra.

It's interesting that Humble has started pushing the store this week, but I always felt that having a store undermined the concept behind HB. Why pay $5-10 for one indie game as opposed to getting it in a bundle with 5-10 other games for $1? As an example, I've kinda expected Gunpoint to turn up in an HIB in the near future, but HB wants me to pay $5 for it now.

I don't think anyone really believes this. Hopefully Microsoft has a genuine understanding of what a hard sell this will be to gun-shy PC gamers who have heard these stories before. Maybe the next big thing in Windows gaming will be what we were promised GfWL would be when it was first discussed, but at this point I'm not sure what they could really do other than to partner with Valve in some way. As a platform, Windows is just fine but the Windows 8 Store looks like a step in the wrong direction and is filled with XBLA and phone crap that I wouldn't waste my time on if I were on a desert island and all I had were that and some charcoal and scraps of parchment. Disappointingly, even though the start button has returned in 8.1 (and IMO it makes a big difference), Microsoft shows every sign of doubling-down on its Windows Everywhere nonsense so I don't feel this bodes well for any future "gamer-friendly" initiatives on its part.
future generations will wonder what the fuck was wrong with us. ;)

warreni said:
I think Dino D-Day is fun. There, I said it.

I have all of these (except maybe SH) and I've only played Triple D.
why limit yourself to the DDD's? There's also F's EE's ......
Also, Dino D Day is fun, nothing beats eating your opponents face.

Cheaplikeafox 3.0 said:
New idea:

Instead of voting games into Steam via Greenlight, all games get added to Steam and we vote them out via Redlight.
buh-bye.gif
bad-rats.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back