CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Russian pricing block really puts a damper on things. Pretty soon we're going to have to pay normal Steam sale pricing instead of Russian pricing on top of the Steam sale pricing...

...Like casuals

Bundle Stars The Reboot Bundle 1.0 - 6 Steam games for $2 (first 48 hours)

1. Dark Sector
  2. Space Pirates and Zombies
  3. GTR Evolution (includes Race 07)
  4. Dream Pinball 3D
  5. Dino D-Day
  6. SpaceChem
  7. BONUS: SpaceChem - 63 Corvi DLC

This bundle is a mixture of some games from the previous Atomic Indie Bundle and Quickfire Indie Bundle.

Bundle Stars The Reboot Bundle 1.0 - 6 Steam games for $2 (first 48 hours)

1. Dark Sector
  4. Dream Pinball 3D
  5. Dino D-Day
  6. SpaceChem

This is a mixture of some games from the previous Atomic Indie Bundle and Quickfire Indie Bundle.
If anyone is interested on splitting it I can give 50 cents for Dark Sector.

1. Dark Sector
  4. Dream Pinball 3D
  5. Dino D-Day
  6. SpaceChem

This is a mixture of some games from the previous Atomic Indie Bundle and Quickfire Indie Bundle.
An ok bundle for anyone that missed Dark Sector and GTR Evolution, but the others are either garbage or repeats that everyone should own by now.

Dunno if it was posted already but Steam added a new flag that allows them to block the gifting/trading of games outside of their region of purchase. Days of Russian pricing are over, friends.
To teach Mooby a lesson! The following apps were updated to block cross region trades and gifts in the past 24 hours:

- The Banner Saga
- Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar
- Payday 2
- Divinity: Original Sin
- South Park
- Thief
- Banished
- Rust
- Hawken
- 7 Days to Die
- Deadfall Adventures
- Injustice
- Assetto Corsa
- Kerbal Space Program

Many more to come, I'm sure.
Sigh...no more delaying the inevitable. And I still hadn't picked up Injustice, too...

The Russian pricing block really puts a damper on things. Pretty soon we're going to have to pay normal Steam sale pricing instead of Russian pricing on top of the Steam sale pricing...

...Like casuals
Well, there's still Steam cards, at least...

1. Dark Sector
  4. Dream Pinball 3D
  5. Dino D-Day
  6. SpaceChem

This bundle is a mixture of some games from the previous Atomic Indie Bundle and Quickfire Indie Bundle.
They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Why don't think throw in Magicka while they're at it...

You're not from round these parts, are you?

*hops on combine harvester*
<has sweet memories of driving a combine in Carmageddon>

I don't think it has been posted, but in regards to the Blink Bundle 2, a little spoder told me Legends of Aethereus and Blue Toad Murder Files are two more of the games that will be in it (S & O).

EDIT: so there's apparently a Blink Bundle thread I didn't know about. I guess that's what I get for not venturing outside this thread...
y u no link it?

I don't feel like wading through to console peasant wasteland that exists beyond my subscribed threads.

1. Dark Sector
  4. Dream Pinball 3D
  5. Dino D-Day
  6. SpaceChem

This bundle is a mixture of some games from the previous Atomic Indie Bundle and Quickfire Indie Bundle.
Dream Pinball 3D sucks.

mmm… I've yet to own that Spacechem dlc, apparently. I hope they don't start a "reboot" line of bundles. The last thing we need is a theme of only repeats.

To teach Mooby a lesson! The following apps were updated to block cross region trades and gifts in the past 24 hours:

- The Banner Saga
- Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar
- Payday 2
- Divinity: Original Sin
- South Park
- Thief
- Banished
- Rust
- Hawken
- 7 Days to Die
- Deadfall Adventures
- Injustice
- Assetto Corsa
- Kerbal Space Program

fuck 3 of my 4 games i have to buy with no nomey or russian guy fuck u vavle go lick ur ego fuck u konaami fuck ur family onami

Hmmm, I don't have Dark Sector, GTR Evolution, or Dream Pinball. And I could always use an extra copy of Dino D-Day...decisions..
Dark Sector and GTR Evolution are probably the two main draws of that bundle, perhaps making it worth it. The only thing I need from it is the Spacechem DLC, which does not at all make it worth it.

Dark Sector and GTR Evolution are probably the two main draws of that bundle, perhaps making it worth it. The only thing I need from it is the Spacechem DLC, which does not at all make it worth it.
Yeah, I'm still thinking about it. If I pull a you and forget to buy it in the first 48 then I guess the decision will have been made for me.

If you need a second opinion: Dream Pinball 3D sucks.
I think this of all pinball games.

y u skip quickfire indie bundle?/?
Probably was doing the whole being selective with bundles thing. I should probably get back to that and skip this one too, but the $2 price is tempting.

Yeah, I'm still thinking about it. If I pull a you and forget to buy it in the first 48 then I guess the decision will have been made for me.

I think this of all pinball games.

Probably was doing the whole being selective with bundles thing. I should probably get back to that and skip this one too, but the $2 price is tempting.
ithink that was my first bundlestars bundle i start hh ubisfot publisher weeken how fun

Well, that's really sad news if it spreads as far as we fear it will... I guess I'll try to look on the bright side. I doubt the Russians were really saving me money... I was just getting more games. Aka the same amount of money was being spent.

Maybe now I'll get more played and less backlogged.

Naw... This just sucks.

Dunno if it was posted already but Steam added a new flag that allows them to block the gifting/trading of games outside of their region of purchase. Days of Russian pricing are over, friends.
That flag was originally added when Metal Gear Rising was added to the store.

It sucks, but more publishers jumping on using it was bound to happen sometime. Buying gift copies from russian sellers has become a lot more popular than it was originally, not only on CAG, and I'm sure Valve took notice of it.

dail dealsl ar anno 2070 complete and dlc and might and magic frnachise 75% off rellly 35% off everything else what is wrong with u ubisoft go lick actiivosn dick and btw ea origin sale 50% off on their site
Well, as long as Petz 2 Horzez gets a 75% off sale this week, I'll be happy. Prince of Persia as well, I suppose.

also did anyone buy it when it 75% from nom in wintr sale do u remeber what hte price for trial evolution gold?

The way the "weekend" sales work is that the dev will rotate 50-75% titles each day. Just wait.
Oh, nice. I figured the games themselves would rotate in and out of the sale, but I couldn't figure out what the hell else they could fit into the sale, since every Ubisoft game I can think of is already listed.

spoderman said around 4bucks is that true if yes me buy from my russian guy . only trackmania is not on sale loooooooooll

Honestly the news that Steam is stopping the trading of Russian-bought games to other regions is a game-changer for me.  Yes, it was probably inevitable.

But in going this route, Valve and publishers....

[1] Kill the thrill of the hunt.  Finding the best price on a game I will never actually play is part of the appeal of Steam for me.  Its not just about a backlog, its about having an enormous collection in my Inventory.  I accomplish nothing by having a large Inventory - literally no one cares - but I take a weird joy in knowing how many options I could potentially choose from at any moment.  Or find enjoyment in giving some fun games away, etc.

[2] Make me buy less games.  That's a given.

[3] Start to act like the console makers.  I love the openness of Steam.  The more you curtail how I acquire games, the more you resemble Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo.  And that is not a good thing for PC gamers.

We'll see where this leads.  But I am not amused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back