CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
They postponed the last two batches until March. They only sent it out if you follow them on Snapchat. Anyways, all you CAGs just stop checking until March 1st.
tumblr_lme9thQoEb1qdkdfdo1_500.gif

Because people are confusing artistic license with technical prowess. Hardware preventing >24fps is different than a videographer (or other field equivalents) choosing to shoot/render at that frame rate. Fluid movement can cause a loss of dramatic effect by having to cheat motion blur. Which is why in some games it's in the options menu.
I think there is plenty of things that can cause a loss of dramatic effect way more than fluid movement, for exemple: poor writing, bad voiceacting, graphical bugs, tearing caused by bad optimalisation/fps losses. Fluid movement has never given me any problems.

So why games like L.A. Noire which potentially should gain more immersive gameplay with 'cinematic' feel caused a big uproar by being 30fps locked?

Games can't run too 'fluid', otherwise capping them to 30fps would have been a standard several years ago.
30fps for the console version made sense (hardware limitations), but for the PC port, it was probably just a lazy/dumb decision.

Newegg has Civ 5 Complete for 12.50. (Base game + 2 Expansions + all DLC)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832351098

Add it to your cart, at checkout, put in your email, then add promo code EMCPHHP87

It is the Mac version, but Civ5 is Steamworks, so you get the PC version as well.

*waits for incoming "I just bought the Humble Bundle . . . fuck you Sid!"
How long does this deal last ?

Also, can anyone explain steamworks? My boyfriend bought this, but he doesn't show up in my list of friends as having own this game. He did a few days ago when he had just the base game from the humble bundle.

I'm actually pretty happy with the CoD: Ghosts free weekend.  It will give me more than enough time to play through the "campaign" & then I never have to think about the game again!  Whoo hooO!

I think there is plenty of things that can cause a loss of dramatic effect way more than fluid movement, for exemple: poor writing, bad voiceacting, graphical bugs, tearing caused by bad optimalisation/fps losses. Fluid movement has never given me any problems.
So, for arguments sake, what's the difference between 30fps with visually perceived motion blur and 60fps with graphically added motion blur? Personally, I think it depends on the medium in question. To say that 60fps is better than 30fps while from a technical standpoint may be true, it doesn't necessarily equate to a better experience.

I got the "You're in the queue" message when the page showed there were still 175 keys left. Here's to hoping. :pray:

Edit: And...there's the email! Awesome.

So, for arguments sake, what's the difference between 30fps with visually perceived motion blur and 60fps with graphically added motion blur? Personally, I think it depends on the medium in question. To say that 60fps is better than 30fps while from a technical standpoint may be true, it doesn't necessarily equate to a better experience.
The difference can be important, if someone has motion blur sickness or simply just don't like motion blur. 30fps with visually perceived motion blur you don't have an option to turn it off and have worse experience, while at 60fps the motion blur can be disabled in options/modded out. Otherwise, in that case I don't think there is noticeable difference.

I tried to make an alienware account for this but it said my email had already been used. Then I remembered I already had an account so I tried to choose "forgot my password" but none of the links on the sign in page were clickable. So I went back to the new account page but I couldn't read the freaking captchas. Needless to say I didn't win anything. :wall:

I stayed up all night thinking that it would be within the 24 hour timeframe of the Facebook post. Sure enough once I gave up they do the giveaway.

So was Thief an option of the titles to choose?

They did say there would be one more right?

Dangled these on my Steam activity feed:

Humble gift links (FREE):

+ And Yet It Moves

PM me.

Dangled these on my Steam activity feed:

Humble gift links (FREE):

+ Giana Sisters
+ And Yet It Moves
+ The Bard's Tale
+ Gemini Rue

Also FREE: Aerena & Takedown Steam gifts

PM me.
I think I'm too late. He's offline, it's been a few minutes since this post, he could have at least updated saying it's gone. I pmed already anyway. I don't really expect anything. Although I would've liked Bard's Tale. Nice of the guy.

EDIT: I'm a dick! EDIT EDIT: Aw I missed the Alienware giveaway. :wall:

Last edited:
Going to give away some games to celebrate my amazing milestone:

DEE40NA.png

First up is IK6E0-QCDZE-3WAB5 Toy Soldiers, yeahhhhhhhh! Also, first person to tell me what game should be my 1500th gets a code for a game you don't have yet (if I can from my list of about 200 keys)!

G

DEE40NA.png

First up is IK6E0-QCDZE-3WAB5 Toy Soldiers, yeahhhhhhhh! Also, first person to tell me what game should be my 1500th gets a code for a game you don't have yet (if I can from my list of about 200 keys)!
Get The Banner Saga, Great game!

Barbie Dreamhouse Party. Do it :D

DEE40NA.png

Cart Life

Cart Life is a retail simulation for Windows which showcases the lives of street vendors in a small city which is located in the Western United States.

Each of the playable characters has specific goals and special traits, but also unique addictions which the player must accomodate* in order to succeed within the game.

*Dev has a freaking spelling error in their description, accomodate should be accommodate.

I like to pretend I live in a world where that game doesn't exist, but I think I can find a game for you anyway.
Very generous offer, but completely unnecessary as seeing you purchase acquire (CAGs don't let CAGs purchase full price crap) RtH:R would be enjoyment in and of itself. :twisted:

Nice choice, link me your Steam profile, and I will find a game that you NEED!

Very nice, Commandos 3 key coming your way!

I like to pretend I live in a world where that game doesn't exist, but I think I can find a game for you anyway.
oh really u know it ur dream u want it hehe u want it just like nuero loves his gf queen aj heh and rct3 hehe

Cart Life

Cart Life is a retail simulation for Windows which showcases the lives of street vendors in a small city which is located in the Western United States.

Each of the playable characters has specific goals and special traits, but also unique addictions which the player must accomodate* in order to succeed within the game.

*Dev has a freaking spelling error in their description, accomodate should be accommodate.
That one looks like my kind of game. Beast Boxing Turbo is your prize. I have no idea if it is any good.

Very generous offer, but completely unnecessary as seeing you purchase acquire (CAGs don't let CAGs purchase full price crap) RtH:R would be enjoyment in and of itself. :twisted:
It will not happen, and you are sick. A code for Jolly Rover is on its way. This game is actually pretty good and funny. I beat it for last year's Four in February (or maybe the March one).

That one looks like my kind of game. Beast Boxing Turbo is your prize. I have no idea if it is any good.

It will not happen, and you are sick. A code for Jolly Rover is on its way. This game is actually pretty good and funny. I beat it for last year's Four in February (or maybe the March one).
If you still need a 1500th game I recommend OMG Zombies. I've put in like 8 hours since I bought it (real time, not card idling time) and I still haven't finished my first play through.

DEE40NA.png

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, it may be the next game to be inducted into your featured games. On top of that, the new season for Walking Dead is awesome because we finally get to see Sergeant Abraham Ford. :twoguns:

I figured you would most likely not have a recently released game in your backlog, so I typed in "fun" in the Steam Store and sorted by date. After going through the list and much deliberation, my final suggestion was Starwhal: Just the Tip. My apologies.

If you still need a 1500th game I recommend OMG Zombies. I've put in like 8 hours since I bought it (real time, not card idling time) and I still haven't finished my first play through.
That looks kind of awesome, and I see you are playing it now! If you like that, you will LOVE Waking Mars (actually, I have no idea)!

'squatch, did you try to put a voodoo hex on me a while back?
That depends. Did it work?

:whee: Thanks!

29 GB download for MP - oh my!
What?!? You're going to play with others???

DEE40NA.png

Since you seemed to like Faerie Solitaire so much, how about Gridiron Solitaire?

Or something more serious, Banished looks pretty nifty.

What?!? You're going to play with others???
I always jump in on these FREE weekends for the MP on these CoD games.

Also, I should note that I do like the MP for these games:

Quake series; UT series; L4D series; BF series; & CoD series.

I'm sure there's others - just can't think of 'em all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back