CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im confused as to what exactly the collecting cards do, none of my items are marketable, and im confused about crafting items, anyone have a recommendation link to read?

I would argue that for the most part the games with winter sale item drops are generally well made. I think your F2P hatred is misguided.
I don't disagree. The only recent F2P I've played is PoE, so I'm not up to date on the current stuff. And well with the size and quality of my backlog I'm content to stick with fixed-upfront cost games, unless something really catches my eye, like PoE. Also year and years of WoW subs shapes my perception.

The last time it was a daily, the DLC wasn't discounted.
This. Who among us doesn't have Waking Mars? Alice on Origin comes with the original Alice (and there are texture mods), so I can't recommend the steam version. Mafia II stands a chance of netting some of us some DLC. (I'm still on the fence about Mafia II dlc.)

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/238960/Azure%20Imp%20Mask ... sucks to be the guy who sold for $7.90 when the other 3 sold for $150+ =0
That's just crazy.

If games have taught me anything, it's that edutainment works!

Typing of the Dead made me a better typer, Oregon Trail made me a better decision maker, and Nintendogs made me a better pet owner.
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego improved both my criminal heist planning skills and my taste in raincoats.

I actually must have overlooked pasports secret Santa group. I'm only in the BGCQ one. Would have been interested in joining that one, but I guess it's my own fault for missing his posts. Oh well.

Off topic (oh noes), but I'm wondering if any of you have bought or sold any games on eBay lately. I used to sell games now and then a year or so ago, and back then you could search a game, and there would be a full entry for THAT game and that game alone. You'd search something like "Final Fantasy X PS2" and find the search category for the game, click it, and there would be a page that showed all listings for that game and that game alone, along with tabs for "Acceptable, Good, Very Good, Like New, and Brand New" conditions that you could easily sort between. And then you could sort by the obvious things, like "auction, buy it now, lowest price" etc.

I have some games that I've been meaning to sell for ages, and when I go back and search games now, that system is totally gone. Now it's all just random matching entries all over the place in the typical search format. You also can't even sort by condition. The only sorting categories are "New" and "Used". You can only see the true condition once you click on each individual listing and look.

It really sucks and not only is it a pain in the ass to see what condition is worth what, it's hard to find what you're looking for and the search order is all over the place. Did it change recently? I don't get it...

Also, is there any advantage to selling games on Amazon instead of eBay? At first glance, Amazon's fees look crazy high. 15% fee (which I think is the same as eBay), and then something like $1+ closing fee on top of that? That really sucks for items like... a $10 game or something. I heard about Amazon giving some kind of a shipping credit too though, so what's up with that? And can you get paid via PayPal easily or do you have to use Amazon payments? How long does it take to receive your payment? Just looking for some info from someone who's been down that road.

I don't mean to clog the thread with off topic shit, so feel free to hit me up on Steam if you've got any info. You know my name.
eBay used to vary their rate depending on the price of the item. But now it's just a flat 10%. Amazon's fees will always be higher...even when factoring in Paypal. eBay takes 10%, Paypal takes 2.9% + $0.39. So, yeah...you're looking at 12.9% + $0.39 going the eBay route vs 15% + $1 (or whatever the closing fee is) on Amazon. Some people will say there are more douches on eBay...but I think it's about equal.

Just make sure you use all of the buyer requirements and set it for the lowest amount of infractions over the longest period of months (ie. 2 non-paying bidder strikes in the past 12 months). I actually had somebody message me one time to let me know how I "lost out" on a sale because of my restrictions...and that since he had "one" non-paying bidder strike recently, it wouldn't let him bid. I was very thankful for the restrictions that day, lol.

Im confused as to what exactly the collecting cards do, none of my items are marketable, and im confused about crafting items, anyone have a recommendation link to read?
They don't do much. Here's the Official FAQ.

Abridged version: When you play certain games, you will get Trading Cards added to your inventory. You can either collect an entire set of cards and craft them into a Steam Badge, or sell them on the Steam Market.

eBay used to vary their rate depending on the price of the item. But now it's just a flat 10%. Amazon's fees will always be higher...even when factoring in Paypal. eBay takes 10%, Paypal takes 2.9% + $0.39. So, yeah...you're looking at 12.9% + $0.39 going the eBay route vs 15% + $1 (or whatever the closing fee is) on Amazon. Some people will say there are more douches on eBay...but I think it's about equal.

Just make sure you use all of the buyer requirements and set it for the lowest amount of infractions over the longest period of months (ie. 2 non-paying bidder strikes in the past 12 months). I actually had somebody message me one time to let me know how I "lost out" on a sale because of my restrictions...and that since he had "one" non-paying bidder strike recently, it wouldn't let him bid. I was very thankful for the restrictions that day, lol.
Alright, that sounds familiar. Thanks for the info.

Was Carpe Fulgur collection 75% off during the summer sale as well?

I don't have any of these games, but I've been told I'd enjoy Recettear at the very least.
Carpe Fulgur collection has been 75% off a few times this year including the summer sale and if you purchase the 3 games seperately, they are actually 1 cent cheaper than the bundle.

If you don't have electronic superjoy and are even moderately interested...just get it

I haven't played it yet, but I've heard good things (got it in a bundle) and 80 cents for that is sum gud valu
There is a new DLC (Electronic Super Joy DLC: Bonus Content) for it and it is also going for 90% off.

Does Two Tribes Bundle still give gift copies of games you already own? I think it did during the last sale.
It did for me during the autumn sale, it should still give you the gift copies of the games you already own since the bundle has the same sub id as the one sold during the autumn sale.

I knew I should have bought all of the snow globe cards when they were 30 cents apiece. But I had a job interview today and wasn't home for the turn. Damn you, the concept of work! I could've been as Steam rich as spoder! :(

This marketplace is truly fascinating.  It blows my mind what people spend money on.  I guess people think they're lucky enough that if they craft enough Holiday Badges, they'll eventually get lucky with an item like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/238960/Azure%20Imp%20Mask

Or this:
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine%20Scythe%20of%20Ice

The alternative is that people just want to increase their Steam Level, but I don't know why other having the highest Steam Level after this madness is over and gloating about it.  I'm content to just craft badges for free right now considering any money I spend on cards is given right back to me by the globe sale.

Edit: The Scythe is gone now but they were selling for $350+.

Errybody vote fo alice madness returns...has it ever been 5 bucks before?

Plus mafia 2 was free not too long ago

And who cares about mars u can't even breathe on dat place
I didn't care for Madness Returns and wouldn't vote for it for any reason.

So I voted for Waking Mars, since I have no stake in the current round and really liked that game. Yes it's been bundled, but there are at least a few people that don't own it and may pick it up for $2, which it is well worth.

I missed IG X (too darn busy)... and I've been eyeing Electronic Super Joy... <decisions,decisions>
ESJ is awesome, and worth the current price for the amazing soundtrack alone! I've played a lot of crappy platformers lately, but this was an very pleasant surprise. The levels are varied, the art is surprisingly original and has a lot of style, and the controls are very sharp. Oh, and did I mention the soundtrack is awesome

Bundles be damned, you'd be crazy not to pick it up for less than a buck (or two, if you wisely opt for the soundtrack edition) ^_^

I don't mean to clog the thread with off topic shit
Well look who decided to poke their head in.

And we didn't even half to talk about pancake nipples...

So how's the secret santa group coming along? Has anyone gifted or been gifted anything yet?
iMac sent me a code for Brothers earlier today (many, many thanks to you kind sir), but I'm still waiting for the gifts I want to send to drop a bit lower since they haven't been featured yet.

I'm jealous of how she can be a ginger and pull off wearing red.
Some people just have a gift.

I'm jealous I can't pull off a tophat like Layton. Some people have all the luck.

This marketplace is truly fascinating. It blows my mind what people spend money on. I guess people think they're lucky enough that if they craft enough Holiday Badges, they'll eventually get lucky with an item like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/238960/Azure%20Imp%20Mask

Or this:
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine%20Scythe%20of%20Ice

The alternative is that people just want to increase their Steam Level, but I don't know why other having the highest Steam Level after this madness is over and gloating about it. I'm content to just craft badges for free right now considering any money I spend on cards is given right back to me by the globe sale.

Edit: The Scythe is gone now but they were selling for $350+.
oh my god thats freaking insane. I wish I could win one of those things that way I could sell it. that would be my steam budget for like 3-4 sales.(the scythe one, the other would last me a good 2 sales) :3

I knew I should have bought all of the snow globe cards when they were 30 cents apiece. But I had a job interview today and wasn't home for the turn. Damn you, the concept of work! I could've been as Steam rich as spoder! :(
ESJ is awesome, and worth the current price for the amazing soundtrack alone! I've played a lot of crappy platformers lately, but this was an very pleasant surprise. The levels are varied, the art is surprisingly original and has a lot of style, and the controls are very sharp. Oh, and did I mention the soundtrack is awesome

Bundles be damned, you'd be crazy not to pick it up for less than a buck (or two, if you wisely opt for the soundtrack edition) ^_^

Some people just have a gift.

I'm jealous I can't pull off a tophat like Layton. Some people have all the luck.
indef kindly gifted me an ESJ key =) I'm glad to hear the controls are tight...

speaking of tight controlls, Gurglewocky must die! I'd like to find the right time/mental state to get back to beating him. (Giana Sisters... I'm hoping for at least 66% off the DLC)

Ugh, I think I might be turning into a Steam game collector junkie. I'm thinking of grabbing Electronic Super Joy and Recettear. Anyone care to weigh on for me? I have no idea if I'll ever play any of these games but for a couple bucks, what's the harm?

Ugh, I think I might be turning into a Steam game collector junkie. I'm thinking of grabbing Electronic Super Joy and Recettear. Anyone care to weigh on for me? I have no idea if I'll ever play any of these games but for a couple bucks, what's the harm?
One of us, one of us, gooble gobble. (I liked Recettear a lot.)

Recettear is worth trying. No idea if you'll personally like it but most people seem to dig its charm.

Anyway, you're not a junkie until you've bought a game from Amazon, go to activate the key on Steam and get the "You already have this game in your library" error.

One of us, one of us, gooble gobble. (I liked Recettear a lot.)
I've literally never played anything on Steam (for more than a few minutes anyway-maybe even an hour or two on Torchlight II), but I've picked up a couple games over the years but have never gotten around to playing them either. I'm looking at you Civ IV and V!...

Recettear is worth trying. No idea if you'll personally like it but most people seem to dig its charm.

Anyway, you're not a junkie until you've bought a game from Amazon, go to activate the key on Steam and get the "You already have this game in your library" error.
Ahahahaha. Does buying a game after getting it in a Humble Bundle that I haven't redeemed yet count? :p

This. /like

I've literally never played anything on Steam (for more than a few minutes anyway-maybe even an hour or two on Torchlight II), but I've picked up a couple games over the years but have never gotten around to playing them either. I'm looking at you Civ IV and V!...
You're a long way from being as far gone as those of us with terminal CAGtosis.

Edit: For Gnomeregan!

how many fedoras should i wear to get the best experience from gone home?
[customspoiler="This many:"]
beerhat-772303.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Bully is already on PC, so no worries.
Hell yeah.

Sold all my Snowglobes. in game items for F2P. Please. Couldnt they have thought of something a tad better???
Yeah, but either way, you get ₲ with which to buy real games. How can you complain?

If games have taught me anything, it's that edutainment works!

Typing of the Dead made me a better typer, Oregon Trail made me a better decision maker, and Nintendogs made me a better pet owner.

Let's all improve our math skills together with Air Forte!
Humbling to play that and realize you haven't needed to know your 12 and 13 times tables twitch-speed in a long time.

We are a sample of the most out of touch steam users in existence. Millions of users vote on these things, many of whom rarely use Steam but are more active now because there's a big sale. FTL is a well-regarded game that a lot of people who don't spend their spare time posting here and watching for the next indie bundle likely don't have. It makes a lot of sense that FTL would win. We just have a wildly skewed perspective on what the average user wants.
But we got 2 of the 300 Steamboxes out of millions too. It boggle the mind. BOGGLES.

So I bought the Two Tribes pack and I actually got two extra copies of Toki Tori and Edge. Weird. So the Two Tribes pack gave me Toki Tori 2, Rush, and two copies of both Edge and Toki Tori.

indef kindly gifted me an ESJ key =) I'm glad to hear the controls are tight...

speaking of tight controlls, Gurglewocky must die! I'd like to find the right time/mental state to get back to beating him. (Giana Sisters... I'm hoping for at least 66% off the DLC)
I am waiting for the DLC of Giana Sisters to have a lower discount too, too bad I already had the base game when the bundle went for 80% off with the huge seal coupon.

I am waiting for the DLC of Giana Sisters to have a lower discount too, too bad I already had the base game when the bundle went for 80% off with the huge seal coupon.
^_^ Nod, that was a sweet deal, if I didn't already own Giana since.. January (which I totally don't regret).

... oh come on. That came out YESTERDAY, and it was full price then! I think this might be a glitch.

Still, bought and put on the inventory for later.
^_^ same... mostly I wanted Assetto Corsa to shine in my activity thread... but then I accepted a steam gift >.<

^_^ Nod, that was a sweet deal, if I didn't already own Giana since.. January (which I totally don't regret).

^_^ same... mostly I wanted Assetto Corsica to shine in my activity thread... but then I accepted a steam gift >.<
A friend of mine bought Electronic Super Joy today. He had no idea it was in a Groupees bundle earlier. His reaction:

"GODDAMNIT"

So I gifted him a copy of the DLC. Which he didn't buy for some reason. Aheh.

Errybody vote fo alice madness returns...has it ever been 5 bucks before?

Plus mafia 2 was free not too long ago

And who cares about mars u can't even breathe on dat place
it was $5 as part of a daily deal a little bit before the Halloween sale, but like others have said you should get the complete collection for Origin (but you can only buy it on Amazon?) it's the only way to get the original game and both of the DLC packs since they haven't been released individually on PC.

EDIT: whoa, i thought i was only two pages behind............

So.. Should I sell Snow Globe cards, or craft them? I only have 1 card, but it helps to plan for later.
Crafting Snow Globe cards to get one of those crazy $300+ items is kind of like playing the lottery.

Seeing as you just won a Steambox, the law of averages says your luck has run out, Spoder! Sell! :bomb:

... oh come on. That came out YESTERDAY, and it was full price then! I think this might be a glitch.

Still, bought and put on the inventory for later.
I wish I didn't buy it. It's just the soundtrack and a poster. The description is stupid and makes it seem like there's added levels/bosses, but that's in the base game.

Both are worth your time, I weighed in on ESJ but a few posts above yours. Recettear you will like if you ever wondered what it would be like to work in an RPG's item shop with a scatterbrained anime girl who likes to go dungeon crawling ^_^

Crafting Snow Globe cards to get one of those crazy $300+ items is kind of like playing the lottery.

Seeing as you just won a Steambox, the law of averages says your luck has run out, Spoder! Sell!
Maybe every item will be valuable some day, just like summer sale cards :p

Sell. Get free from votes & buy missing ones when everyone tries sell their last cards before they expire.
There's the big open question with the expiry date cards... will they spike or tank just before they go poof? (Really comes down to just what the supply/demand will be for them then.)

I wish I didn't buy it. It's just the soundtrack and a poster. The description is stupid and makes it seem like there's added levels/bosses, but that's in the base game.
Wait - so this blurb in the DLC is actually an update for the main ESJ game? You don't need the DLC for it?

"Includes the new Holiday's update, with BONUS LEVELS & a NEW BOSS FIGHT!
PLUS (+) a massive Infinite Love update, with every tiny part of it lovingly tweaked, spit-polished & balanced. Now the levels ADAPT the more you play. Evil? Yes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back