CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good grief... I haven't actually caught up to here yet. I'm back at page 307. So I'm going back there, so I can catch up to here (eventually). Just thought I'd just say "hi" and who the hell voted for FTL!?! Maybe I'll find that info out as I catch up between back there and here. If not I'll just assume Valve is fuck ing with us and it's rigged.

I know this thread moves fast but I always underestimate how fast once GabeN flips the "HO-HO-Hand over your money" switch.

Report on my gaming for the night:

Finding Teddy is a short, cute point and click that reminded me a lot of Superbrothers' Sword & Sworcery. It's only about 90 minutes long, but I enjoyed it.

Gravi sort of sucks. It's a precision platformer where you're a ball and the movement is heavily physics/gravity based. Movement feels imprecise. The difficulty curve is all over the place. It's ugly. The physics rarely seem consistent. I played through 30 of the 40 levels and found it to be a mostly unfortunate experience. 

For a Groupees bonus the cards are selling decently high, though. That's a plus.

I'm glad I didn't get suckered into the EJS DLC.

This lame sale made me go to the darkside. Just bought Guacamelee from PSN, had fun for the few minutes/tutorial.  The music is great.  

Gravi sort of sucks. It's a precision platformer where you're a ball and the movement is heavily physics/gravity based. Movement feels imprecise. The difficulty curve is all over the place. It's ugly. The physics rarely seem consistent. I played through 30 of the 40 levels and found it to be a mostly unfortunate experience.
Exact same issue I had with it. The controls and physics suck.

Both are worth your time, I weighed in on ESJ but a few posts above yours. Recettear you will like if you ever wondered what it would be like to work in an RPG's item shop with a scatterbrained anime girl who likes to go dungeon crawling ^_^
Um... SOLD!

Last question for now, is there any advantage to buying the ESJ bundle over buying the game and DLC separately? I can save a penny by buying them separate so I'm inclined to do so. I don't see any added content in the bundle so I'm going the split way. Always hoping for soundtracks when I can get them but I don't see it listed in the bundle.

Um... SOLD!

Last question for now, is there any advantage to buying the ESJ bundle over buying the game and DLC separately? I can save a penny by buying them separate so I'm inclined to do so. I don't see any added content in the bundle so I'm going the split way. Always hoping for soundtracks when I can get them but I don't see it listed in the bundle.
Hardcore CAGs buy separately and save the penny. (No disadvantage to buying piecemeal, many steam bundles for a game cost a penny or three more.)

Um... SOLD!

The Bonus Content IS the soundtrack. Just that. And a stupid poster. Blargh.

On one account, I get three votes per day. The sale runs for 14 days. That's 42 (3 x 14) cards.

Now multiply that by four, because I'm doing this on my main and three others. 42 x 4 = 168.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Detruire is trying to inform you that you get 1 card per 3 votes; i.e. for a single account you will get 3 votes / day, thus 1 card / day... 14 days = 14 cards.

Multiply that by your 4 accounts, and you get 56 cards.
:)

And now you know why I was never any good at math.

I'm gonna go and I dunno, work at a factory sewing buttons or something now.
Finally! :D/

I wish I didn't buy it. It's just the soundtrack and a poster. The description is stupid and makes it seem like there's added levels/bosses, but that's in the base game.
Blah. I think this is actually the first time that I've felt cheated/lied to buying something on Steam.

In the long run, it only set you back one snow globe.  I wonder what will happen to their prices once millions of Steam users get their third vote globes in a few hours.

In the long run, it only set you back one snow globe. I wonder what will happen to their prices once millions of Steam users get their third vote globes in a few hours.
That's why I sold my card off before the 3rd vote. Could end up backfiring on me, who knows what'll happen.

I'm actually beginning to wonder something.  Does anyone know how many cards are put back into rotation after they're crafted?  So, if everyone's crafting badges right now to get globes, will eventually a number of packs go out to everyone to match the cards that were crafted?  Or does say only 2 cards come back for every 10 that are gone?  I've been selling cards because they're going for high prices, but I wonder if they're going to go even higher post holiday sale once the market has been completely exhausted from all these cards being consumed...

The ESJ dev posted this about the new DLC:

Hello everyone! I apologize for anyone being confused!

I *would* like to include something about the new levels & such, but for now I've just axed the whole paragraph, to prevent further confusion.

I'll rewrite the whole thing tomorrow, when my brain is working fully! XD

@foxhack, Don't worry about the devs losing money! (I mean, thanks!) But we don't want money from people being misled! :)

@spoderman, Yeah, sorry. Steam doesn't let us touch the money/refunds side of things. :( Bummer, I know.

- Michael

Edit: You know, there IS something I can do. It'll take a bit of my time for the next few weeks (might delay our next DLC for a bit), but I can make some new levels... and update them for free into the DLC. So if you bought the DLC for new levels, I can make THAT come true! :)

I'm actually beginning to wonder something. Does anyone know how many cards are put back into rotation after they're crafted? So, if everyone's crafting badges right now to get globes, will eventually a number of packs go out to everyone to match the cards that were crafted? Or does say only 2 cards come back for every 10 that are gone? I've been selling cards because they're going for high prices, but I wonder if they're going to go even higher post holiday sale once the market has been completely exhausted from all these cards being consumed...
Steam generates a pack of three cards for every three that are consumed when crafting a badge. If a badge takes nine cards, three packs are created and distributed. I don't know personally how non-multiples of three are handled, but I'd assume that one badge of five cards would generate one pack and the next two.

Steam generates a pack of three cards for every three that are consumed when crafting a badge. If a badge takes nine cards, three packs are created and distributed. I don't know personally how non-multiples of three are handled, but I'd assume that one badge of five cards would generate one pack and the next two.
OK, sounds like they'll all come back in some capacity then. In other words, sell while the gettings good.

How the hell do some of you have like 2,000 likes? Makes me feel so incompetent with my measly 278. I know I was gone for quite a while, but damn.

How the hell do some of you have like 2,000 likes? Makes me feel so incompetent with my measly 278. I know I was gone for quite a while, but damn.
Sarcasm. Everyone likes sarcasm. (Well, those that matter anyway. It does tend to piss off some non-reg CAGs, though.)

Likes are a factor of (1) posting a lot, (2) posting information people find useful/helpful, (3) entertaining posts.

I'll let you answer the next question: Why do I have 323,658 profile views?

Likes are a factor of (1) posting a lot, (2) posting information people find useful/helpful, (3) entertaining posts.

I'll let you answer the next question: Why do I have 323,658 profile views?
U37Emng.jpg

I think I'm just going to sell all my snow globe cards. The profit to be made on the cards outweighs a badge and an extremely small chance at a valuable item. I always liked collecting the "event badge" for every Summer/Winter sale, but it was way more fun during the 2010-2011 sales.

Those were the days...we were getting Summer/Winter themed achievements to earn tickets/coal to trade in for game content or to enter into a raffle to win the top 10 games from your wish list. Sure, most of the game content was cosmetic, but there were a few items that were actual content. The Defense Grid Borderlands map packs for instance. One of my favorite items was a taunt animation for Monday Night Combat of your dude walking away from an explosion

Just remembered to check and buy Dust and FTL won. . .

Son, I am disappoint.
FTL is awesome and, but like you and many others, I REALLY wanted Dust to win.

I couldn't even sell FTL for 50 cents, yet it won the vote. It's a good game, but one of the most overrated indie games I've seen lately. I'm not sure how Dust didn't win.
People not wanting to come to public terms with their adoration for Furrie Eroge.

(kidding)

Honestly the screenshots on the store page don't do it justice.

You know I was perfectly happy about being $0.70 poorer... until you just *had* to point out that I got decieved/tricked/shafted. y u do dis?
The soundtrack is well worth $.70, and since you didn't already have it from Groupees I don't think you should be regretting that in the least.

Unless of course you never play or listen to it, but you wouldn't do that now would you?

I blame you for suckering me into playing this. I wanted to join in the hate, but it is really bad. There's an hour and a half I will never get back, here's the usual -->Steam Review<--

I passed 3000 recently, what the bloody hell is wrong with you people that is making you like my posts?

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/238960/Azure%20Imp%20Mask ... sucks to be the guy who sold for $7.90 when the other 3 sold for $150+ =0
Holy schnikes...! The people who buy these astronomically over priced digital party favors are nuts! NUTS!

In the long run, it only set you back one snow globe. I wonder what will happen to their prices once millions of Steam users get their third vote globes in a few hours.
Damn, that's a really good point actually. Once the Snow Globe card market becomes flooded with thousands of new cards after the 3rd vote I think prices will drop .10-.20 at least. However, the introduction of F2P items and unlimited Holiday badge crafting does muddy the water. Hmm. This is a little more difficult to project with these new variables.

For whatever reason I have 2 complete sets of Snow Globe cards. It's somewhat tempting to craft one badge, but if you sell 10 cards at $0.60 on average that's $6 GabeN bucks. The smart CAG should take the easy money and run, but it's 1 AM and I might not be feeling too particularly smart right now...

No whammies... no whammies... no whammies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back