CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Given how WoW's user-base was dropping like flies and the way D3 turned-out (i.e. nowhere on D2's level) - I'd say their doubts were on BOTH WoW and D3.
WoW's user base was sloping off.. but usual mid-late expansion slump... not like you think it was.

I never understood the trading aspect of steam cards. It seems simpler to just sell the duplicate and then buy the card I need. Or am I missing something?
When trading card beta first started, there was only a small selection of games which supported trading cards. The price of the cards were much higher back then and don't forget about the Steam transaction fee. Trading your extra cards for the ones you need is a cheaper way to obtain a complete set.

When trading card beta first started, there was only a small selection of games which supported trading cards. The price of the cards were much higher back then and don't forget about the Steam transaction fee. Trading your extra cards for the ones you need is a cheaper way to obtain a complete set.
Also it's a fun way to make sure Gaben doesn't get a cut. :mrgreen:

I have multiple #3, #8, and #10.  Looking to trade for a #4 or #5.

Please PM if interested.

And thanks for all the recommendations on The Swapper.  I should probably wait until the Summer Sale and get it for 75% off, but something tells me it would be worth picking up and playing soon. :)

Been selling all my globe cards without hesitation, but I was thinking if they go to 3 cents each right at the end as people are unloading em I'll buy a set and make a badge.

... Kind of? It's less worth that due to the other things you can get for $5 at this point. It really should be $2.50 at this point. It's an OK playthrough, but it felt aged when it came out.
Even on the console it felt that way... It was the spiritual successor of The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (likely the best comic book game till that point) and on a faster/better new gen of consoles and felt aged compared to the original.

(Really a disappointment... but not an outright horrible game.)

Also it's a fun way to make sure Gaben doesn't get a cut. :mrgreen:
I like to think that Gaben anxiously waits to see the money rolling in from a Steam sale, and then gets mad when it's only a penny.

Back in the trading card beta it makes sense if non foils were a buck or two and you didn't want Steam/Developer getting their 15%, but nowadays it seems more obsolete. Granted, I guess their is more "fun" involved in trading cards compared to selling them.

I've only sold a handful of cards actually. I've kept probably 95% of the cards I obtained. Lately it's made me a good trading ground for a couple people.

My haul for today: NOTHING

Risk of Rain is still too high for my taste.

I want Mass Effect collection but I own all 3 games on PS3 and 360, no ME3 on Steam, no cards :(

NO DEADLY PREMONITION WTF GABEN?
I was looking at buying Deadly Premonition yesterday on GOG when they had it for 9.99 but the reviews make it sound like it's a crappy PC port. Was anything patched?

No idea. I just want it.

Wait, was there any version of it that wasn't crappy?
That's odd. I know GOG generally releases their own patches to fix issues and has a quality of standard. There are games on steam I have that I can't run without getting an old XP computer or running years old video drivers that GOG have personally patched and fixed.

That's odd. I know GOG generally releases their own patches to fix issues and has a quality of standard. There are games on steam I have that I can't run without getting an old XP computer that GOG have personally patched and fixed.
GOG really worries about platform playability, not so much graphics improvements and the such.

These "deals" are making me thirsty!

Watch out, check into the Prototype games, I recall them having terrible performance? I won't comment on the games except that I played maybe 10 hrs of the first one on PS3 and thought it was the best thing ever at first, then grew to hate it. It's been a long time so don't take my opinion with a ton of weight.
I played number 2 not long ago and didn't have any performance issues. They are fun games mechanically and the story bits are told in an interesting way picking up bits from people as you read their memories, but the actual story isn't great and I get tired of infected/mutant enemies in games.

Thanks to family sharing members (non-CAGs) buying/being gifted games during sales, I can just play some games from their libraries and wait until they're bundled/glitched/hit a price point I want if I want to add them to my own library.

A friend of mine bought The Swapper, Risk of Rain, and Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons. Another got The Dream Machine, Papers, Please, and I gifted them Guacamelee. Three of those were on my wishlist, and the other three I'd try first to see if I like them. The bad thing is, one of them usually leaves games idle for days, and it's not even for cards since he doesn't care about cards, so I either have to play offline or wait until he closes the game to play while online. They also have other games bought before the sale like TWD S2 and Starbound that I've played or will be playing. Family sharing is definitely saving me some money - since it's a daily, I had 48 hours to decide on Brothers, but it was great seeing that my friend got it and it's shared.

I'm lookin for Holiday cards #1 and #3, and I've got #2, #8, and #10 to trade.  Anybody got these?

EDIT: Got em, thanks!

Yup, family sharing is still in beta, but they added everyone who was a member of the group, as of October 17th, to the beta. It's still machine specific and not per account, so your/their account would have to login to their/your computer that you play games on in order for your libraries to be shared.

Works great though. I've been able to play The Walking Dead Season 2 episode 1 so far and a little bit of The Swapper and my friend borrowed Reus and Assassin's Creed from me. If you want card drops, you'll have to buy the game, but you still get achievements.

Also, if you both own a game, but one of you owns DLC that the other doesn't have, you won't be able to borrow the DLC. But you can borrow all DLC the other person owns for a game as long as you don't own the game you're borrowing. Before the price glitch, my friend owned Bioshock Infinite: Season Pass and I didn't, but playing from my library wouldn't let me borrow his DLC - and the game doesn't show up under his shared library since we both own it.

Also, if you both own a game, but one of you owns DLC that the other doesn't have, you won't be able to borrow the DLC. But you can borrow all DLC the other person owns for a game as long as you don't own the game you're borrowing. Before the price glitch, my friend owned Bioshock Infinite: Season Pass and I didn't, but playing from my library wouldn't let me borrow his DLC - and the game doesn't show up under his shared library since we both own it.
This sounds really unfortunate. Hopefully that's a glitch they get worked out. I'm just thinking of something along the lines of Pinball FX2 or Pinball Arcade where essentially the entire game is DLC. It sounds like you wouldn't be able to share that then.

I've only sold a handful of cards actually. I've kept probably 95% of the cards I obtained. Lately it's made me a good trading ground for a couple people.

My haul for today: NOTHING

Risk of Rain is still too high for my taste.

I want Mass Effect collection but I own all 3 games on PS3 and 360, no ME3 on Steam, no cards :(

NO DEADLY PREMONITION WTF GABEN? More Repeats GAben thanks for repeat we sick of repeats u aint getting more money
there u go fixed i agree too many repeat sale too many shitty dailly deals garry mod need to be no daily just fllash deal

Tetrobot and Co is a pretty difficult game in the case of getting all the golden pieces. I usually make it to the end with 2 out of 3 so I beat the level and then look up how to get the third piece....usually pretty tricky. Decent enough game though and good graphics, ok mouse controls...sometimes wonky, sure there will be harder levels (almost done with world 2 at the moment). Also sold all the cards I got from the game for close to a dollar all together. If you like puzzle games it's well worth it and hopefully comes up as a flash sale or something (got it from humble daily sales).

Yeah, that Prototype 2 price is bananas. It needs an MSRP drop or something. I bought it during the GameSpot bundle offer but I remember Tony saying/implying then that it sold a bit more heavily than expected and he didn't think the publisher would do that bundle/price again.
i regret not buying it then tho i got from cag sellers that did have it got it sold for less than amazon protype pack so yea it fun but it hard at times too backlog needs to finish fear nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww oh umm maybe my gams that been idling too much hehhe

This sounds really unfortunate. Hopefully that's a glitch they get worked out. I'm just thinking of something along the lines of Pinball FX2 or Pinball Arcade where essentially the entire game is DLC. It sounds like you wouldn't be able to share that then.
Yeah but if you're playing a long game and borrowing DLC, what happens to your save if that person stops sharing with you? You lose it, if that save relies on DLC content.

Watch out, check into the Prototype games, I recall them having terrible performance? I won't comment on the games except that I played maybe 10 hrs of the first one on PS3 and thought it was the best thing ever at first, then grew to hate it. It's been a long time so don't take my opinion with a ton of weight.
That's the ultimate strategy here. Make people antsy with crappy deals so towards the end they are desperate to buy anything and buy things they usually wouldn't.

No idea. I just want it.

Wait, was there any version of it that wasn't crappy?
Yeah, ever version of this game is known to have issues here and there. That's part of the charm. I mean it was $20 MSRP on XBox IIRC so that should let you know it's not going to be 100% perfect.

Excuse me for any trade offer mess as the system is borked right now.

Sent you a #8. You can thank me later.
Thanks for #8. :D

Awesome - full-blown Snow Globe set. :D

Got a Ragnarok 2 Santa Hat; cry emoticon; and Cabin Background. :D

EDIT:

Borderlands 2 + free shipping is going for $4.99 at MS Store.
Oh, that's a freaking steal. :D

On my previous rig - yeah, Prototype 1 ran all over the place. Worst of all - I had to do all kinds of fixes and go through all kinds of forums, just to find a way so the pre-rendered cut-scenes would play properly. I don't know how it'd run on my current rig - never tried; it certainly must run better than that, on modern PC's...one would hope.

On my current rig (i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit) - Prototype 2 ran all over the place, as well. It was at least above 30 frames; but framerates would vary anywhere from 30 -> 60 frames at the drop of a hat. Might be worthwhile to find a way to lock that to 30 frames to keep it smooth, if it's even possible here.

EDIT:

OMG, triple-post - I thought I hit "EDIT" on the last post!

{kicks self}

H: Buttcheezk

W: sapnkdsy sapnsy
King-Of-Fighters-NeoWave-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Whip.jpg

Well as long as we're doing card trade talk here. I have #1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9. I'm looking to trade each of them for their foil versions. PM me if interested.

Did the Day 9 deals on the first post end already? It says it's supposed to end at 6pm but I'm looking at the discounts and they're different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back