CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who have crafted the snow globe badge... what kind of rewards have you received?  Have you received anything of value?

After selling my snow globes ASAP for the first few days, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth buying the ones I'm missing for < 20 cents each just for the free items from crafting the badge.  But if the free items are likely to be nearly worthless, then I guess it wouldn't be worth it.

For those of you who have crafted the snow globe badge... what kind of rewards have you received? Have you received anything of value?

After selling my snow globes ASAP for the first few days, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth buying the ones I'm missing for &lt; 20 cents each just for the free items from crafting the badge. But if the free items are likely to be nearly worthless, then I guess it wouldn't be worth it.
i got a blow job

thats kindof an intangible thing though, so im not sure how valuable you consider that to be

Well, I gave in and bought Deadpool from GameFly. CC transaction went through just fine.

Now I'm just staring at an $7.99 Deadpool key [customspoiler='thinking...']Damn! I could've bought a hell of a lot of Donuts tonight for $7.99.
too_much.jpg

[/customspoiler]

For those of you who have crafted the snow globe badge... what kind of rewards have you received? Have you received anything of value?

After selling my snow globes ASAP for the first few days, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth buying the ones I'm missing for &lt; 20 cents each just for the free items from crafting the badge. But if the free items are likely to be nearly worthless, then I guess it wouldn't be worth it.
5 badges, 1 common DOTA item that sold for 24 cents. The other 4 were of the worthless variety for games I will never play. One of those was an Uncommon for Star Conflict. Still only worth 3 cents.

I ended up with some random item for Ragnarok with pennies. Its really just to up you steam level and a tiny chance at getting anything valuable.

I crafted mine by selling extra's and buying missing cards.

That said I have a 1 and 10 I'll send somebody's way.

That is precisely the problem. It fucks with our OCD. Most will probably never play it but once you remove the option to play something then people notice.

I mean my whole damned collection is just a bunch of options. Options that I never take for the most part but they are still my options! :p

Disney is pretty weird with their PC games. They actually have some but who the hell would know because they don't sell them any place of note.

And yes I know they sell them on Amazon but who actually buys direct download non-key games from Amazon that isn't named MysterD?
{insert typical MysterD "Those who'd rather opt for a DRM-FREE version" response}

I ended up with some random item for Ragnarok with pennies. Its really just to up you steam level and a tiny chance at getting anything valuable.

I crafted mine by selling extra's and buying missing cards.

That said I have a 1 and 10 I'll send somebody's way.
PM'd for #1. Thanks.

Like you, I had the bad taste good sense to pick it up the other day when it was on sale. Still have it in my inventory. Trying to decide if I should buy a second copy from gamefly and the DLC from amazon so I can have the copy in my inventory as future trade bait.
Given how people are reacting to Deadpool being delisted from digital stores, the people who made Bad Rats should threaten to take their game off from all stores so that people who don't own it will buy it for no reason other than not being able to buy it in the future.

They should also cut the price slightly to tempt people thinking they are getting a deal and have a DLC priced without a discount

Given how people are reacting to Deadpool being delisted from digital stores, the people who made Bad Rats should threaten to take their game off from all stores so that people who don't own it will buy it for no reason other than not being able to buy it in the future.

They should also cut the price slightly to tempt people thinking they are getting a deal and have a DLC priced without a discount
Too late - Tebow and Neuro5i5 probably bought out all of the last existing keys of Bad Rats &amp; Fowl Space.

I'm this close to just buying a second Deadpool from Amazon.

Edit: And done. I'll just sell off my Gamefly key if it ever gets through.

Don't know who Deadpool is... hey wasn't that a Dirty Harry movie? ..don't care. $8 saved.
Classic line - You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky ?"

Deadpool is a sexist jerk, that is what he did inside the game. The gameplay has nothing to shout about but the dialogue is quite funny, I say the game is more for those who are diehard Deadpool fans or want a good laugh from the classic Deadpool humor.

nothing shit just shit that it 3 cents

Thank you for all of the responses regarding the snow globe badge crafting goodies.  Extremely helpful -- what a great community!

Based on the responses, I, too, will now purge all of my remaining cardz.

Classic line - You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky ?"

Deadpool is a sexist jerk, that is what he did inside the game. The gameplay has nothing to shout about but the dialogue is quite funny, I say the game is more for those who are diehard Deadpool fans or want a good laugh from the classic Deadpool humor.
I know what you're thinking, did he fire six shots or only five?

^_^ What little I knew made it the Deadpool game seem like fanservice.

I got 1 Dota 2 item, 1TF2 item, 2 Realm of the Mad items and 1 Stronghold Kingdoms item. Other than the Dota 2 and TF2 items which have some values, the rest are only worth like few cents.

Speaking of which, if any regular CAG plays Realm of the Mad God and wants the Slime Priest Skin, shoot me a pm, I am giving it away for free.

Yeah that's the problem, only the Dota and TF2 items have any worth and the odds of you getting one of them… and a rare one to boot… are pretty slim.

I wound up with a 3 cent Ragnarok 2 item, and a cool emoticon worth a whole 15 cents...i hit it rich!!!! It was the rare zombie one. I am missing #4 and have 4 #9 i think haha....i may complete another 1 or 2....i may hit it rich and get one of those hundred dollar items or the emoticon with the throwing up rainbows guy... BTW Stardrive was abandoned? I was thinking of possibly getting it...I already got Endless Space from this sale which I think will probably be a heck of a lot better though. Any opinions there?

I bought Stardrive before it was released... I have been sorely disappointed with the 30$ purchase. The developer has not delivered features as promised. It's buggy (maybe it's gotten better), I put in 30+ hours and don't care for it. It gets old fast.

I had also been tempted to get Stardrive before I saw mentions of it being abandoned and looking at the recommendations on Steam to find many other people saying the same thing. I probably should have just picked up Endless Space before

Ah well, at least that's $7.49 saved

I hit the 200 sale limit last week and couldn't sell my globes.

The market just let me list two cards even though the 200 item warning message is still displayed on the market page.

Perhaps the limit has reset for the new year.

Time to unload some junk! 

Should I get Half-Life 2? Or wait for the GOTY edition with all three parts.
I'm guessing Orange Box has been cheaper than $10 it currently is. For some reason. So yes you can find it cheaper.

That said just grab the Half Life complete pack for $10 which is all Half Life and Half Life 2. Make your sacrifice to the GabeN and be done.

Bah! I was done buying crap, and I caved on Magic 2014. Not sure why I tried to resist, I have 83 hours in 2012 and 157 in 2013.

Also caved on Deadpool. I hope it is just like The Stanley Parable.

well i guess igive myself luck i got a tf2 for 15bucks lol nice good jinx

shoul i sell it now or wait till after to get it higher?
Keep it and wear it in the game. Harvest friend requests like it is your job. Accept one every now and then. When the kid (and it will be a kid) talks to you about trading for it, don't say no. Keep him on the line. "I am just not sure about that, lemme sleep on it." "How much are refined going for right now?"

Keep him going for months, years. When he stops pestering you, message him that you are ready to trade. Get the trade box open and hit him with a :cgrazz: and then block the fuck out of him. Unblock him eight years later and tell him you are ready to trade. Actually go through with it this time.

Fall in love with him. Get married. Move out to the suburbs. Learn to appreciate fine wine. Grow old together. Be happy. Die.

At least, that is what I would do if I got a TF2 item worth 15 bucks.

This is :cgrazz: btw:

nHbOdjj.png

I stand before you a broken man. Having purchased Deadpool & DLC from Amazon.  :sob:

I've always liked him & Punisher. ....will see.  Game does have Steam Achievements and everything.

Nope, potential item pool is polluted with too many crappy F2P games that no one cares about so you are more than likely going to end up with an item for a game you don't even play that is worth less than a nickel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back