CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Want to trade holiday sale cards. I can only trade via browser (I guess Is possible as I see the option) and if you have good rep I can go first in case it doesn't work simultaneously. If you have both cards I can give you all 5 for saving me some time

I need cards 2 and 10.

I have cards 1,4,5,6 and 9

Want to trade holiday sale cards. I can only trade via browser (I guess Is possible as I see the option) and if you have good rep I can go first in case it doesn't work simultaneously. If you have both cards I can give you all 5 for saving me some time I need cards 2 and 10. I have cards 1,4,5,6 and 9
If the other party's inventory is not private, use the Trade Offers function. Select what you want to offer and click on his/her inventory and select the cards you want, it is safe and nobody will have to go first.

Ag5kbwI.jpg

Speaking of traditions (posting hauls, complaining about the sale, etc) - whatever happened to utopianmachine and Spoony? Are they still around? Miss their posts....
Spoony is in therapy, he took the failure to reach the playoffs in the BGCQ fantasy league pretty hard.

Utopian is still active on Steam, I think she's just not a fan of this thread during silly season (as are a few other regulars), it just moves too fast.

This is the first ever Winter Sale where I haven't bought a thing.  I am itching towards Payday 2 though.  Anyone here have it/played it?  Loved the original and played the hell out of it.  How's the online community as well? 

This is the first ever Winter Sale where I haven't bought a thing. I am itching towards Payday 2 though. Anyone here have it/played it? Loved the original and played the hell out of it. How's the online community as well?
I got it, its one of the most played online games on steam and its gonna have 1 year of free updates so for only 7.50(group buy) its a good price. Just make sure u got friends to play with, if u get it i'll play wit u :) Just be wary its a 26 gb dl

I got it, its one of the most played online games on steam and its gonna have 1 year of free updates so for only 7.50(group buy) its a good price. Just make sure u got friends to play with, if u get it i'll play wit u :) Just be wary its a 26 gb dl
Don't have other friends who are interested...just like in the first. They're too busy playing either BF4 or Ghosts. ;) So my only option is the $13.49 price, which is fine. Good to hear the community is very active (unlike the first) and it'll be supported for quite some time.

But damn...26GB! :cold: I'll go have a smoke and think about it for a few. If I do get it, for sure I'll add you man. Thanks Senior Broderas!

I've just crafted some sale badges and ended up with 3 duplicate background and 1 duplicate emoticon. If anyone wants to trade, let me know.

[customspoiler="List of cards"]

The ones I have to trade are:

1x Holiday Sale 2013 - Rogue Legacy

1x Holiday Sale 2013 - Surgeon Simulator

1x :rshocked:

I'm after any bg or sale emoticon that I don't already have (which you can see here.)[/customspoiler]

MS Store has The Darkness II going for $2.99, this is the lowest price it has been.
They also have The Secret World for $6.99. Amazon is going to have it for $7.5 potentially after EC Coupon sometime this month. Of course best deal would be for the Massive Edition for $20 on Steam since you get the extra issues.

On a celebratory note, finished my first game of 2014: Infected: The Twin Vaccine!

They also have The Secret World for $6.99. Amazon is going to have it for $7.5 potentially after EC Coupon sometime this month. Of course best deal would be for the Massive Edition for $20 on Steam since you get the extra issues.
Still sad I missed that because I didn't realize it was a price glitch and waited until they finally fixed it.

Only thing worse is when I didn't submit my order of Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Best Buy fast enough... because of $2 shipping.

Spoony is in therapy, he took the failure to reach the playoffs in the BGCQ fantasy league pretty hard.

Utopian is still active on Steam, I think she's just not a fan of this thread during silly season (as are a few other regulars), it just moves too fast.
Ha. I failed to make the playoffs too, and then totally lost interest, so I will have to play for keeps next year.

If you do that we will revoke your CAG badge and you will no longer be allowed to visit here.

Then many years from now on the day of your wedding you'll get a tragic phone call that your bride to be has called it off, after receiving anonymous proof of how poorly you allocate your finances. You will experience a downward spiral into severe depression, ultimately concluding with your death as your backlog crumbles on top of you. But just as you think your horrors are over the afterlife spits you back out in a foreign land in which you can neither understand nor speak their language. You will eventually learn to put your troubled past behind you and find love with a slightly busted robot, that while never able to get close, you find comforting as you laugh even after they repeated the same joke again because you know they are all you have left. Old age will set in, with you still dreaming of the woman (and women) that could have been, now but a distant memory. They will bury you with your robot, the only one able to understand you in this odd world you were transported to.

Your final thoughts will be those of enlightenment, as memories begin rushing back, and you realize you've been tebow the whole time.
That... was amazing.

<------I bit. There is a picture of me for my new temporary avatar.

On a celebratory note, finished my first game of 2014: Infected: The Twin Vaccine!
When I beat Morrowind in six months I'll be able to say the same.

Edit: Thanks to this stupid winter storm, I have an excuse to go to work late.

Time to play some pinball...

It's been kind of fascinating to watch the market on these snowglobes. They seem to be hanging tight right around the .17 range, with only occasional dips down to .13-.15. The total number of globes hasn't dropped as much as I'd have expected either.

It appears as if there are going to be tens of thousands of them vaporized in a few hours. I suppose people have just listed them and forgotten them, are unaware of the expiration date, or just don't care. 

I was gonna take advantage of the final hours to grab some packs to boost my TF2 alts... but then I realized. I don't care anymore!

Yay.

Can someone tell me if Counter Strike Source is worth it ($4.99 atm) for Garry's Mod? I already have HL2 and the episodes as well as Premium TF2 and L4D2. Do I need CS:Source to enjoy Garry's mod? I'm guessing 75% off is the standard deal but 4.99 is still a bit steep for me.

Thanks.

Can someone tell me if Counter Strike Source is worth it ($4.99 atm) for Garry's Mod? I already have HL2 and the episodes as well as Premium TF2 and L4D2. Do I need CS:Source to enjoy Garry's mod? I'm guessing 75% off is the standard deal but 4.99 is still a bit steep for me.

Thanks.
I don't have Garry's Mod, but from what I know about the game, having CS:Source would just give you access to models and assets from that game. If you want them, then by all means, but otherwise, I'm not sure what other use it has. I can be completely wrong though.

Thanks.
CS:Source seems to be the go-to for many models used in different GM game modes (TTT being the first such mode to come to mind.)

They're selling a boxed copy, free shipping, no?

Anyone have snowglobe cards they're willing to dump? I'm thinking of giving my leftover cards (4 of them) to my wife so she can craft a badge and get to the magic level 5 so she can vote next time and get moar cardz 
smile.gif

Well guys, this sale was fun. Let's end it off with one of my favorite songs of all time

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rGW0AQGiY[/youtube]

I someone told me when I was a child that there are little people living inside you, and the only way to keep them from rising up and eating you from the inside out is to drink lots of scalding hot coffee and thin the population.

I don't know why the rest of you drink it.
You had a really twisted upbringing, even for a squirrel.

This explains why it ate one of my achievements last night.

I'm bummed about the Steam outage as I can't get to the web page right now to try and take care of my badge crafting needs while I'm at work.  

Hoping they get stuff corrected in the next few hours.

I'm bummed about the Steam outage as I can't get to the web page right now to try and take care of my badge crafting needs while I'm at work.

I hope you mean next few minutes. In a few hours the sale will be over. I hope bad things happen to the guy who did the ddos attack in prison because this crap is bull****.

That's odd: the store is down for me, but the community site (market, badge page, profiles, etc.) is working fine.

I have The Secret World sitting in my cart on the MS Store because I'm thinking $7 is a pretty good price for it. But then I think to myself, "Why am I buying another MMO that I have zero time to play?" So I'm probably just going to close that tab and pretend it was never here. 

This was actually the first time in 2-3 years I didn't participate in the Xmas festival in LOTRO. I haven't logged into it in something like two months. 

The store works for me, but the Community stuff is down.  I wanted to craft one more badge and sell the rest of my extras before time ran out.  I couldn't buy VVVVVV, and one other flash sale game that I don't remember because the store was down during this sale, too.

Actually yeah, since I changed my password a few weeks ago. Changing is done from within the client and doesn't lock you out, resetting is typical of resetting your password from any site (sends you an email with a link, etc.) which does lock you out. Valve has been tightening up security especially in terms of the community market, so it would be wise to check beforehand that doing something won't lock you out.
Yes, Steam security has been making itself recently. I was in Brazil a couple of weeks ago and after a couple of logins, it asked me to verify my new location. I did and it said I was locked out of marketplace/trading activity until 21-Dec-13 but when I got home on the 14th or 15th, I logged in from my home computer and I wasn't locked out....Hmmm, go figure. I travel to Mexico, Spain and Brazil for work fairly often and this is the first time Steam has done this.

I hope you mean next few minutes. In a few hours the sale will be over. I hope bad things happen to the guy who did the ddos attack in prison because this crap is bull****.
I dunno what you're on about; works fine for me. I just bought two games, a snow globe card and Bronze level health care plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back