CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I agree, terrible title... right behind AAAaaaaaAAAAAAsomethingsomething

I think it's be cuter to work it together with the Spaceballs countdown joke.

And miss the chance to pick on Spoder and bring up old gamer-trauma?

Ooh, think that'll increase my profile views? ;)
i might personally make a wiki entry regarding your excessive profile views

Skynet has reached sentience, it cannot be stopped.
KheoC3f.png

I was on holiday in São Paolo today so while I was in the British Embassy I managed to hop on their wifi and snag the Nuuvem deal, paying £8 via PayPal for BS:I and Castlevania. Good deal, not overly complex to figure out either (Ronaldo the receptionist helped me out with the translation).

Back home now though, all that carnival music was starting to grate a little. I love, erm, samba music as much as anybody but enough is enough.

:whee:

I was on holiday in São Paolo today so while I was in the British Embassy I managed to hop on their wifi and snag the Nuuvem deal, paying £8 via PayPal for BS:I and Castlevania. Good deal, not overly complex to figure out either (Ronaldo the receptionist helped me out with the translation).
tumblr_m7e1o2W6lR1rwfek8o1_500.gif

I posted this in the amazon thread, but I'll post it here too..

Wait for Contrast to be bundled. I can guarantee you it will be. I don't know if the dev rushed it or what happened, but it's basically an extended tech demo. The shadow platforming concept is nice, and it does work decently to some extent.. but there's barely any content in the game. Nothing is fleshed out, not the story, gameplay, music, etc. Everything in the game is limited, which is why I say it felt like a 3-4 hour demo when I played it.

I liked what the game offered, but when a game is offering you crumbs instead of a full meal, why would the dev expect you to buy it?

Wait for Contrast to be bundled. I can guarantee you it will be. I don't know if the dev rushed it or what happened, but it's basically an extended tech demo. The shadow platforming concept is nice, and it does work decently to some extent.. but there's barely any content in the game. Nothing is fleshed out, not the story, gameplay, music, etc. Everything in the game is limited, which is why I say it felt like a 3-4 hour demo when I played it.

I liked what the game offered, but when a game is offering you crumbs instead of a full meal, why would the dev expect you to buy it?
i was really disappointed with the reviews it got. it was a game a i was looking forward to, and wound up being a massive letdown.

I personally go for jalapenos, black olives and honey mustard. The All mayo they use is gross.
FTFY

My worst nightmare is that commercial where the diner complains that his order has mayo when he ordered without and the waitress removes the bread and wipes in on the table edge and places it back on his burger. YIKES!!! I know that's what they do every time I return an order. :cry:

contrast isn't bad but agreed with spoderman... free on PS4 with PSN + .... it's a solid game but i wouldn't buy it if I had the choice.

Is there any worthy Crysis 3 DLC that I'll be missing by buying the regular version on Amazon? I'm not going to play it now but I think that 5$ is a good deal nonetheless.

Just quote this post and answer this question - Make a guess which famous scientist was born on the same day as me?

Those who got the correct answer, I will send you a pm with a link to a private giveaway where the winner will be randomly picked. Please do not share the link so that it is only fair to those who got it correct. Good luck.
Albert Einstein

Isaac Newton

Marie Curie

Fellow Michigander here as well. Although I'm native. This cold must be killing you lol. What part of Michigan you in?
Brrrrr, although ran to the post office and library today, wasn't as bad as yesterday. I'm in SE MI, Beverly Hills. Looks like we're getting another blast tonight and tomorrow, yea! Hope my team doesn't miss me on Monday! :whistle2:? D'oh, got meetings, guess I gotta go in.....They never plow Woodward early, that should be fun!

You guys ready for tonight and tomorrow's snow?

Just keep assuring yourselves it's worth it because we don't get hurricanes, earthquakes, or large-scale tornadoes.
You've got it right except I'll trade earthquake for tornado ANYTIME. I grew up in SoCal so had my share growing up, including some significant ones ('71 San Fernando - West coast equivalent of snow day from school!) and have never been as scared as a tornado that passed over a Meijers.

After hearing about Contrast and seeing demos from E3 last year I was excited to play this. I bought the collector's edition pre-release and then ended up selling it after the poor reviews and the subsequent free addition to PS+. Nothing gained and nothing lost in the end. Live and learn I suppose. It's a shame really.

After hearing about Contrast and seeing demos from E3 last year I was excited to play this. I bought the collector's edition pre-release and then ended up selling it after the poor reviews and the subsequent free addition to PS+. Nothing gained and nothing lost in the end. Live and learn I suppose. It's a shame really.
Yeah, the game had a lot of potential. I think if it wasn't an indie game, it may have delivered on most of the promise the trailers/demos had shown. It just seems like a game that could've benefited massively if there were more time and higher budget in the development process.

I finished getting all of the achievements a few minutes ago.. so even the achievements are lacking. I got most of them in my original playthrough..

I was excited for Contrast and when my roommate got his PS4 and we saw Contrast would be free for PS+ I decided we could just play it on there. So he downloaded it and I watched as he played. As he went along I was just baffled at how much the game was making me want to hate it. My roommate, who will even say "it's alright" about games he dislikes, looked at me after finishing the game and said "wow . . . that SUCKED".

I hated the characters, story, gameplay, everything!

I was excited for Contrast and when my roommate got his PS4 and we saw Contrast would be free for PS+ I decided we could just play it on there. So he downloaded it and I watched as he played. As he went along I was just baffled at how much the game was making me want to hate it. My roommate, who will even say "it's alright" about games he dislikes, looked at me after finishing the game and said "wow . . . that SUCKED".

Wow, that strikes me as the sort of thing Mooby would write if he could string together more than two sentences at a time. ;)

wat story

<p>

Anyone feeling blue now that winter sale is over? I am doing a small contest to give away a steam copy of Risk of Rain and will let it run for a day.

Just quote this post and answer this question - Make a guess which famous scientist was born on the same day as me?

Those who got the correct answer, I will send you a pm with a link to a private giveaway where the winner will be randomly picked. Please do not share the link so that it is only fair to those who got it correct. Good luck.

Notes:

• You can have up to 3 choices for your answers.
  • You can change your answers anytime but contest will end at 4th Jan 23:59 PST.
Newton, Einstein, or Nye

Hope I am not to late. I just am catching up

re: Contrast

I agree with the general concensus. I thought it looked interesting and pre-ordered and was really underwhelmed. It feels more like a proof of concept demo than a fully realized game. I think they were really into the idea of platforming on shadows but just didn't flesh it out enough.

It's not Bad Rats material or anything and if you get it in a bundle someday by all means give it a go, but there's just a lot of missed potential there.

Also, I don't know if they've since patched it or what but the options at release were extremely minimal. It seemed very obvious they were primarily catering to consoles and that the PC port was sort of half baked.

Anyone feeling blue now that winter sale is over? I am doing a small contest to give away a steam copy of Risk of Rain and will let it run for a day.

Notes:

• You can change your answers anytime but contest will end at 4th Jan 23:59 PST.
Albert Einstein

Isaac Newton

Charles Darwin

American ketchup is usually too damn sweet... you can get some really nice ketchups abroad, more texture & spices, less cornsyrup.
You can get some in the US, too. Though really there is nothing wrong with a sweet US ketchup as part of a combination of condiments.

Like "natural."

Yes, that is exactly right.

Totally agree. People don't put sugar on their hamburgers, so why ketchup? Just put a tomato on there, people!
Why must there be a choice between the two. Go with both.

Lately I've been into molasses since Starbucks starting using it in their Gingerbread lattes this year. It's got a nice earthy flavor and some vitamins too.
In the Gingerbread lattes? Hmmm. I'm sad I didn't try one. I quite like beers that utilize molasses in the grain bill and probably would have enjoyed a latte with that flavor.

Herbs and spices, man.

Add to the food.

Don't drown it with heavily processed sugar and vinegar.
Don't you go bad-mouthing vinegar.

What the last few pages remind me of:

[snip]
Wait. That doesn't apply to burger pics, does it?

Is that the plot? I just keep making new characters and playing Dragon intro over and over.
[nods]

Makes more sense then that title for Notch's new game N^01cSomebs
OMG NOTCH! HES LIKE THAT ONE GUY WHO MADE THE LOWRES BLOCKS IN THAT ONE GAME OMG HE IS LIKE SOOOO GOOD TAKE MY IDENTITY AND MY VIRGINITY NOTCHIE I WILL BUY ANYTHING U MAKE!!!!!!!

No slight intended for Demon, just for all the kewl kids who love him because he made minecraft. Like wow, it's such an extensive game.

OMG NOTCH! HES LIKE THAT ONE GUY WHO MADE THE LOWRES BLOCKS IN THAT ONE GAME OMG HE IS LIKE SOOOO GOOD TAKE MY IDENTITY AND MY VIRGINITY NOTCHIE I WILL BUY ANYTHING U MAKE!!!!!!!

No slight intended for Demon, just for all the kewl kids who love him because he made minecraft. Like wow, it's such an extensive game.
So are you a minecraft fan then?

Notes:

I know you said 3 choices, but I'm just going to go with

Albert Einstein (March 14)

• because scientists don't get more famous than ol' crazy hair
  • because he's the famous scientist I share a birthday with
  • because Pi ( π ) Day :mrgreen:
And if that's not the answer, 's cool. I took a shot :cool:
Good luck to everyone who makes the randomized draw (including me, hopefully)! :bouncy:

Notes:

Albert Einstein

Isaac Newton

Brian Josephson

Notes:

1)
einstein-gloating.gif

2)
dr-peter-venkman-ghostbusters--large-msg-131656249026.jpg
3)
Tara-Reid-as-Aline-Cedrac-Alone-in-the-Dark.jpg

Don't you go bad-mouthing vinegar.
I know most people don't like vinegar, but I do enjoy my salad with Balsamic vinegar, they are a good substitute for condiments which are higher in calories. Occasionally, I like to make myself a mixed drink which has apple cider vinegar, water and honey but it may not be to everyone's taste.

2)
dr-peter-venkman-ghostbusters--large-msg-131656249026.jpg
Are you paying homage because Ghostbusters: The Videogame is now back on steam? :rofl:

Notes:

I'm just going to go on my gut instinct and say

1) Vincent Connare

2) Paul Reubens

3) Jose Asunción Silva

I know most people don't like vinegar, but I do enjoy my salad with Balsamic vinegar, they are a good substitute for condiments which are higher in calories. Occasionally, I like to make myself a mixed drink which has apple cider vinegar, water and honey but it may not be to everyone's taste.
Most people don't understand how vinegar can make things yummy in ways that don't suspect. Like sushi rice. Or like how a dash of tapatio can really liven up chicken soup... without making it hot (hot+vinegar).

No, I know that digging with a pickaxe doesn't automatically give you a perfectly formed cubic meter of material. I keep it real muthafuckas
How many cubic materials have you pickaxed? Have you considered you might only be pickaxing at a 5th grade level?

There is only one condiment that I can't go without:

091006sriracha.jpg

Sidenote: FTL is brutal. Game seems to be going well then every thing goes to hell. I'm next to a sun being bombed by a pirate ship. Everything is on fire and the Oxygen is depleted- GAME OVER.

You guys ready for tonight and tomorrow's snow?

Just keep assuring yourselves it's worth it because we don't get hurricanes, earthquakes, or large-scale tornadoes.
I am up in the UP on the Wisconsin border. Driving home 8 hours through the cap tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back