CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh... is anyone else having problems connecting to Steam? The client disconnected me, this happens once in a while so I just restart the client and it works, but now it keeps saying "Connection error"...
I think they are down. I was collecting cards and lost my connection too.

Edited: Just to clarify I was using the web site and not the client but it just popped back up again. I can't get to my badges page though....and now I can. This has been happening to me for the last several hours.

Uh... is anyone else having problems connecting to Steam? The client disconnected me, this happens once in a while so I just restart the client and it works, but now it keeps saying "Connection error"...
In the same boat. Someone please turn on the Gaben signal. Instead of a bat like Batman, Gabe's would be a giant silhouette of a cheeseburger....or would that be Sunasun?

It really isn't. This usually happens a couple of times a week for me. I don't get why people are surprised. Hell, mine is already back up.
I lose access to my friends list every so often. I just restart.

This is the first time that I can't even sign in to Steam at all, aside from Offline Mode. But yeah it works now.

EA is now the publisher of Amular on Steam?
Since yesterday, I think.

I guess I just don't see the need to restart when it usually comes back up within a few minutes.  I probably don't run into the unable to log-in issue because I don't bother restarting.

I completely adored Conviction, and personally consider it the best in the series (I haven't played Blacklist though). It's more action oriented than past games in the series but I think that's a good thing, since it is also easier to just play the game and not have to memorize the exact order of events required to perfectly pass a section (which was a big problem for the older games). The shooting is far more refined and it was one of the first (if not the first) to use the mark and execute system, where you build up a meter that can be used to mark enemies and pull of perfect headshots in quick succession.

It's not super long, probably around 4-5 hours on the highest difficulty, but I enjoyed every second of it and would recommend it without a second thought. If you have a friend to play with the co-op is fantastic as well and is an entirely separate story that runs alongside the campaign.
Thanks, I think I'll have to pick this up to play while I wait for Conviction to reach CAG-acceptable pricing. :D

Grabbed Steamalur + Dead Kel DLC for $5ish shady prices.  Figured I can live without Naros.  Kel seems more unique/piratey and you can build a luxury apartment!

If I wanted to build luxury apartments I would just become a construction worker/interior designer
DD-CS2012.jpg

Anybody grab that arma bundle from a couple weeks ago and has arma tactics available? The time I forget to buy something from humble is when there's something I actually want.

Dead Kel is pretty good. Naros is amusing but is probably accessible too early. If you do it when you encounter the area you'll probably make the already easy base game even easier (and it will probably make the areas near it feel extra quaint). They're also surprisingly big and meaty. Solid DLC all around I'd say.

I'd just resist doing Naros early, as it's encountered within like the 3rd area that you're required go to to advance the story. Hard to go from epic battles alongside talking warrior statues for the fate of their society to saving peasants from spiders.
I think Dead Kel is one of the best quests & areas in Amalur. Better than A LOT of the stuff in the base-game. You actually do wind-up caring about the people & inhabitants of this area. Also, Kel's just a bad-ass and the DLC keeps giving you reason after reason to hate the guy - he's a really good villain; and certainly much more interesting than Gadflow (from the base-game), if you ask me. Took me about 10 hours to punch through that DLC.

Plus, Captain Brattigan is hilarious. :D She's entertaining and quirky as hell.

Dead Kel DLC, unlike many parts of the base-game, actually has a good deal of personality to it.

Naros is good - but yeah, save that for later on. It's an epic questline - though, it just really doesn't have the personality that Dead Kel DLC has.

Sooooooo.. I just finished Brothers on PS3 [No Spoilers] and I honestly don't see what all the fuss was about.  :shrug:

I mean I wouldn't say it was BAD by any means.. but I dunno if it was just over-hyped or I just wasn't the target audience.  I did enjoy some of the set pieces/levels.. but overall I was underwhelmed.

Sooooooo.. I just finished Brothers on PS3 [No Spoilers] and I honestly don't see what all the fuss was about. :shrug:

I mean I wouldn't say it was BAD by any means.. but I dunno if it was just over-hyped or I just wasn't the target audience. I did enjoy some of the set pieces/levels.. but overall I was underwhelmed.
You must have no soul.

I think Dead Kel is one of the best quests & areas in Amalur. Better than A LOT of the stuff in the base-game. You actually do wind-up caring about the people & inhabitants of this area. Also, Kel's just a bad-ass and the DLC keeps giving you reason after reason to hate the guy - he's a really good villain; and certainly much more interesting than Gadflow (from the base-game), if you ask me. Took me about 10 hours to punch through that DLC.

Plus, Captain Brattigan is hilarious. :D She's entertaining and quirky as hell.

Dead Kel DLC, unlike many parts of the base-game, actually has a good deal of personality to it.

Naros is good - but yeah, save that for later on. It's an epic questline - though, it just really doesn't have the personality that Dead Kel DLC has.
I agree, Dead Kel is better. I played both near the end of the game and Naros felt like more of the same (which I was fine with, because I loved KOA) but Dead Kel felt more like a cool twist on the base game. If you enjoy the game, both are worth it, but if you are only going to choose one, Dead Kel is a better bet.

Sooooooo.. I just finished Brothers on PS3 [No Spoilers] and I honestly don't see what all the fuss was about. :shrug:

I mean I wouldn't say it was BAD by any means.. but I dunno if it was just over-hyped or I just wasn't the target audience. I did enjoy some of the set pieces/levels.. but overall I was underwhelmed.
It was 2deep4u.

It's been around for a while. "Coming Soon!" has been on that page for as long as I can remember.

History
9 days ago Changed changenumber – 282126 › 377436
5 months ago Changed changenumber – 255722 › 282126
6 months ago Changed changenumber – 234260 › 255722
8 months ago Changed changenumber – 234212 › 234260
8 months ago Changed changenumber – 234156 › 234212
8 months ago Changed changenumber – 188742 › 234156
9 months ago App was deleted, previous name: ValveTestApp203178
9 months ago Added changenumber – 188742
11 months ago Changed store name Tomb Raider: Optional Movie Extras
11 months ago Added store name – Tomb Raider Optional Movies

It's not just you, it was overrated. I felt similarly after I finished it. I liked it, but the game didn't touch me emotionally as much as most people.

Where did it touch you?
It was mostly physical for spoder. Like that one friend everyone has who's sort of attractive, but not romantically appealing enough to get into a relationship with so you keep your friendship platonic until you're both at a mutual friend's party and pass your limit of tequila intake and start tearing each other's clothes off in carnal fervor. I imagine it's pretty awkward now whenever he crosses paths with Brothers.

...which is an Early Access game named Epigenesis for those on mobile devices or otherwise unwilling to click through.
So that's why Playfire emailed me that they detected I had started playing a game with that name. I have not started playing it, stupid ass Playfire. I actually do start games all the time and they don't email me about any of those... Green Man picked a shitty partner.

So that's why Playfire emailed me that they detected I had started playing a game with that name. I have not started playing it, stupid ass Playfire. I actually do start games all the time and they don't email me about any of those... Green Man picked a shitty partner.
They do that with basically everygame I add to my account, even if I dont play it at all.

That's another thing I need to unsubscribe from, unfortunately I can't even get into my Playfire account settings cause I'm locked in an endless "enter your Green Man Gaming password" "Incorrect password" "enter your Green Man Gaming password" loop. What a shitty site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back