CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are people getting Loadout cards from paying money in game?  I idled it for a LONG time and didn't get anything.  Paying per card drop is the way it's been in the past but people were sounding like they got the cards for nothing. 

Are people getting Loadout cards from paying money in game? I idled it for a LONG time and didn't get anything. Paying per card drop is the way it's been in the past but people were sounding like they got the cards for nothing.
I think anyone who redeemed a beta code got free cards. You can see if you're eligible for cards at your badge page.

I think anyone who redeemed a beta code got free cards. You can see if you're eligible for cards at your badge page.
My badges page said I was eligible for around a half hour of idling, then it changed to saying I had to buy in-game junk to get cards. I think it was just glitched for a short while.

I buy games at whatever price I feel like paying. I don't care about 75% off. I don't care if it was cheaper previously. I don't care about old ass bundles you can't buy anymore. People get too hung up on that stuff. Buy stuff you want to play at whatever price it is and you'll save more money than buying a bunch of backlog games you will never play or finish.

south park is region locked in russia fyi
There's apperantly glitch that allows you buy ROW in Russia at Russian price

Something like this: use cc=us etc. to add cart and continue buying and at some point it changes to RUB price (because wallet was in RUB), but is still ROW-version.

Are people getting Loadout cards from paying money in game? I idled it for a LONG time and didn't get anything. Paying per card drop is the way it's been in the past but people were sounding like they got the cards for nothing.
Yes. Using one idle account which had no beta & main account which had.

[attachment=2712:Untitleadadadsd.png]

Interestingly it says eligible for booster unlike the other free card glitch (getting cards on free weekends)

There's apperantly glitch that allows you buy ROW in Russia at Russian price

Something like this: use cc=us etc. to add cart and continue buying and at some point it changes to RUB price (because wallet was in RUB), but is still ROW-version.

Yes. Using one idle account which had no beta & main account which had.

attachicon.gif
Untitleadadadsd.png

Interestingly it says eligible for booster unlike the other free card glitch (getting cards on free weekends)
SsB7gAu.gif

buying now for 20 bux

[customspoiler='CAG buys game for more than -75%']
tumblr_lg2amt9Uh31qdnp0go1_500.gif
[/customspoiler]
That doesn't always work for me - as much as I wish it would.

Some games I really wanted in the past - like Witcher 2, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim - end up getting at less than 75% off. Time-sink RPG's for me seem to often be the games that make me break and buy sooner than I normally would; b/c those are the games I get very heavy bang-for-my-buck, IMHO.

I don't know if this has been posted yet..

If you joined the Undead Pirates Crew Group (to get a copy of Nightmares from the Deep for free), they posted an announcement the other day that they require you to enter your SteamID and email address to verify you're in the group and send the key. Game releases on Feb 6th.

Shortly later, they changed it so you need to enter your "Steam login" which is really shady. I doubt they intentionally meant to ask for your "login", but I guess "SteamID" may have confused people. Now it's even more confusing. No one should ever ask for your Steam login/username aside from Valve.

You can see the announcement here.

If you joined the Undead Pirates Crew Group (to get a copy of Nightmares from the Deep for free), they posted an announcement the other day that they require you to enter your SteamID and email address to verify you're in the group and send the key. Game releases on Feb 6th.

Shortly later, they changed it so you need to enter your "Steam login" which is really shady. I doubt they intentionally meant to ask for your "login", but I guess "SteamID" may have confused people. Now it's even more confusing. No one should ever ask for your Steam login/username aside from Valve.

y u post dis? 2 late 2 get free game.

*redeems all the Steam games on my inventory and a couple of bundle keys I'd missed

Whew.

Of course, now that I own Guacamelee, it'll be in the next Humble Bundle.

invite me spodermaan my lord :p

Huh. Skipped that but I got the game in the first Gamesrage bundle. Hopefully we'll get keys.

Had checked on the group awhile back about the keys before this was posted. I planned to check back soon but thanks for the heads-up! Got my stuff submitted.

My badges page said I was eligible for around a half hour of idling, then it changed to saying I had to buy in-game junk to get cards. I think it was just glitched for a short while.
I figured it might have been a glitch, as the game just launched. Just like the Broken Age soundtrack being loose mp3s in the folder the first short while backers had access. The songs are locked down now. (Don't tell Mr. Schafer I copied the songs, it'll break both our hearts. Mutual heart break.)

Play it. It's quite good. I can't imagine it being bundled any sooner than Summer.
Who knows. I'm pretty sure it's more than made back its original budget by this point. It's definitely a perfect fit for a main Humble Bundle spot.

I got this mostly because my best friend (who's a console guy) has been bugging me to buy it since the game came out on PS3. And I don't even own a PS3! Part of me is finding it funny, while part of me is slightly offended at it. It's weird.

I think you'll be okay, those Humble Bundles aren't what they used to was.
Used to was? Are you taking some Tebownics courses?

One of the most memorable moments in Tom Clancy's novel "Without Remorse" is when the main character, John Kelly, interrogates a suspect using a hyperbolic chamber...repeatedly raising and lower the pressure.

1054058_2944_625x1000.jpg
I know the guy who invented the hyperbolic chamber. He loves to sit outside his office right on a canal and drink till sundown. Super smart man, and yet he never graduated high school.

I know the guy who invented the hyperbolic chamber. He loves to sit outside his office right on a canal and drink till sundown. Super smart man, and yet he never graduated high school.
When you get down to it, isn't the internet really just one giant hyperbolic chamber?

Alright! I've been excited for this. Hope they don't hack my Steam account and steal all the games I'll never play.

Alright! I've been excited for this. Hope they don't hack my Steam account and steal all the games I'll never play.
Just enter your Steam ID. Don't enter your login info. They can't do anything with that info anyway.. aside from attempt to take over your account.

I'm personally going to wait until the 5th (1 day before release) before submitting my info, hoping that they'll fix the form.

Well duh, they said they're pirates ...

One of the most memorable moments in Tom Clancy's novel "Without Remorse" is when the main character, John Kelly, interrogates a suspect using a hyperbolic chamber...repeatedly raising and lower the pressure.

1054058_2944_625x1000.jpg

Yeah...hyberbolic chambers aren't a thing. However, hyperbaric chambers are. True story.

I gave my other code for DIRT 3, Showdown, and Overlord 2 away...and now I really want to play Showdown. Is that Karma for complaining about my Shepard's pie at the pub today?

Time to get rid of some more old codes.

PM for one of these:

Project Aftermath
Madballs in BABO Invasion + DLC
Commander: Conquest of the Americas Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back