The Summerfest Wrestling Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A senator with theme music would be badass, but I'm pretty sure if she won, we'd get 9 months worth of Vince/Linda storylines over control of the state.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I really want to see a Shad v. Big Show match, and I'm not 100% sure why (even as a Cryme Tyme fan).[/QUOTE]

Shad has skills but I really think JTG could really be special if he can eventually shed the Cryme Tyme gimmick. I think that gimmick is going to hold him back from the Main Event unfortunately. Dude has so much potential its crazy.

Matt Hardy returns to rejoin Jeff after spending the beginning of the year turning on him and having a couple of brutal matches, and no one questions it. Awesome.

It was funny how McMahon used to call Stone Cold "Mr Austin". Vince's announcing was pretty bad. It always sounded like he was in the other room calling the match through the wall.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Shad has skills but I really think JTG could really be special if he can eventually shed the Cryme Tyme gimmick. I think that gimmick is going to hold him back from the Main Event unfortunately. Dude has so much potential its crazy.[/QUOTE]I agree. From the way they're always making JTG take beatings in all of Cryme Tyme's matches however, you'd never know it. While I'd like to see how they would do in singles, I'd hate to see WWE do the typical WWE tag-team thing and break them up. I'd rather they do what TNA is doing with LAX right now, and just kinda put them on hold temporarily.

[quote name='JJSP']Matt Hardy returns to rejoin Jeff after spending the beginning of the year turning on him and having a couple of brutal matches, and no one questions it. Awesome.[/QUOTE]
At this point, I doubt I'll ever see Mattitude v2. :whistle2:(

I'm about an hour into the new (to me) Randy Savage DVD set and it is something of a revelation. I guess it's mostly because I was like 6 when he showed up in the WWE but I had no idea he was such an effective heel. What's more, it's a very deliberate, stalling kind of heel-dom. The first match on the DVD is Savage versus Rick McGraw (who?) and within five minutes of the opening bell, Savage gets a soda/beer thrown at him for nothing more severe than taunting the fans and delaying the match. It's an incredible departure from the way wrestling works today.

I can't recommend the set outright without finishing it but it has potential.

According to a criminal report filed in Pittsburgh today, Kurt Angle has been arrested and is currently in the Allegheny County Jail. There was an altercation at the home of Kurt Angle involving Angle and girlfriend Trenesha Biggers, aka TNA's Rhaka Khan. Biggers went to police and filed a protection from abuse order against Angle, and police came and removed Angle from the home this morning.

At around 8AM, Biggers called police again, stating that Angle was stalking her. She had gone to a Starbucks to use the internet, and told police that Angle had her phone and had been circling the parking lot. She claimed Angle was deleting photos from the phone, which were described as "pictures of abuse".

Angle was questioned by police, under suspicion of DUI, and when they searched the vehicle, they found used syringes and two vials of HGH. Angle claimed that he had a prescription for the medication, and could provide that to police.

Angle is currently awaiting arraignment on the following charges:

* Driving while operating privileges suspended
* Prohibited acts
* Possession
* Harassment

Angle is scheduled to defend the TNA Title tomorrow night at the Hard Justice PPV in Orlando, Florida.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/stories/Breaking_Kurt_Angle_Arrested_Rhaka_Khan_Invol.shtml

Yeah, there's really no other word for it other than "wow". It's pretty sad to see how far he's fallen - hopefully he can get his shit together on a personal level before it destroys him further.

Jeythegamefan, your reviews are worse than the shows you watch.
That was a pretty needless shot right there - and a poorly timed one since I just reviewed SD, which was a great show. Even Impact was pretty good this week. Everything but Raw was at least good.

Hmm. Angle gets busted with HGH, and he's scheduled to wrestle Sting and Matt Morgan. I suppose that rules out Morgan winning the belt, so congratulations Sting!

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Yeah, there's really no other word for it other than "wow". It's pretty sad to see how far he's fallen - hopefully he can get his shit together on a personal level before it destroys him further.

That was a pretty needless shot right there - and a poorly timed one since I just reviewed SD, which was a great show. Even Impact was pretty good this week. Everything but Raw was at least good.[/QUOTE]

Pittsburgh news channel WPXI is also reporting it.

www.wpxi.com

edit - Goddamn, Jay. How many times did you edit your post?

Oh, man, if this culminates in a PPV mixed tag match featuring some mix of Jeff Jarrett, Karen Angle, Rhaka Khan, and Kurt Angle, buyrates will be...bigger than 12.

Harry, just a few...and I stopped once I read it on a site that didn't result in Seamonkey closing. If he can work the show, I'd expect Kurt to lose the belt to Morgan - if nothing else, it'll at least give the appearance of A HUGE CHANGE IN TNA! even if it's just a transitional reign. I'm sure TNA is quite pissed, as they probably wanted Angle vs. Lashley for the title at BFG, but I also have doubts that they'll actually do anything beyond having him drop the title to punish him.

Of course, that's assuming he isn't in jail during that show (or tomorrow's show for that matter), because stalking charges are pretty serious. And then there's the other matter of wrestlers committing suicide instead of serving time in jail - it happened with Kerry Von Erich after his prescription forgery charge, and of course Benoit killed himself instead of facing the jail time he would have served due to the murder of his wife and son.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GuilewasNK']Man, Angle has lost his mind.

I wonder how Angle and Rhaka Khan can still work in TNA if he has a restraining order? Crazy.[/QUOTE]

They won't.

I imagine that Rhaka Khan will be fired within the week.

[quote name='Sporadic']I imagine that Rhaka Khan will be fired within the week.[/QUOTE]
And open themselves to one hell of a lawsuit.

The newest TNA webmatch is Rhino vs. Jethro Holliday with a DQ ending - so Rhino finally wins...but it's over Jethro. And by DQ. You know, because you've gotta keep Jethro strong for that big PPV match that is drawing zero buys. The match is only worth watching for the awesome DW-Tenay stuff, which includes bickering about Tenay being so old that he could've called Thesz's first title win, and Tenay telling Don to shut up so someone else can talk, which I laughed at given that Tenay NEVER SHUTS UP FOR ANY REASON EVER ON IMPACT.

I kind of like it when stuff like this happens -- the - uh - timing, that is.

I mean, a young star might be "made", tonight, because of this.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']

Of course, that's assuming he isn't in jail during that show, because stalking charges are pretty serious. And then there's the other matter of wrestlers committing suicide instead of serving time in jail - it happened with Kerry Von Erich after his prescription forgery charge, and of course Benoit killed himself instead of facing the jail time he would have served due to the murder of his wife and son.[/QUOTE]

I always assumed Benoit killed himself more out of shock and regret, not really the fear of jail time. Nobody would have fucked with that guy in jail.

[quote name='Sporadic']Nope, Florida is an at-will state.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention wrestlers are considered "independent contractors", not employees. Hell, there's a decent chance the Knockouts are working on pay-per-appearance deals anyways with TNA.

[quote name='MisterModest']And open themselves to one hell of a lawsuit.[/QUOTE]

Seriously.

I hate to admit it, but it looks like Vince McMahon was 100% right in letting Kurt Angle go. Kurt needs to be away from wrestling right now.

[quote name='HovaEscobar']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIf_gDzI8pI&feature=related

That's a WWF home video that chronicles the Austin-McMahon feud, if you're interested.

I started watching wrestling around 99 and at that point McMahon's on air character was a full blown asshole, but I never knew that in the beginning of the feud he was just a regular boss and a much softer character. I also got in when Triple H was established as the top heel with the DX Army and McMahon Helmsley era, so that's probably why I saw Austin as more as a good guy. In most of these segments, Austin just looks like an asshole for no real reason. It's not even cool to me anymore. It must have been the times. I guess just as people in the 90s scoffed at the cheesyness of Hogan and his era, I turn my nose up at this.[/QUOTE]
If I recall, Austin became a heel when he did the infamous "Austin 3:16" thing at king of the ring

And then he was a heel during the McMahon feud....until somehow the fans got behind him

The rest...history

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Seriously.

I hate to admit it, but it looks like Vince McMahon was 100% right in letting Kurt Angle go. Kurt needs to be away from wrestling right now.[/QUOTE]

Vince tried to make him go to rehab

(Kurt said "noo, noo, noo")

Morgan winning would be interesting and fresh. At least it wouldn't be some old fart winning the title. TNA's main event scene really needs freshened up.

Sting helping Morgan win the title would be somewhat of a passing of the torch if they went in that direction. Like others, i think that would be great if they give it to Morgan to add some freshness to the brand.

As far as Kurt goes, if he keeps this up I have a good idea what the next wrestling memorial thread will be.....

Kurt should be pulled from the show and his title should be held up.

I would put Styles in his place. He should also win the title. Sting doesn't need it, and I wouldn't dare build a company around Matt Morgan.

That said, we'll see how classy an organization TNA is by how they react to this.

[quote name='Brak']They should build Morgan to be TNA's ECW-era Mike Awesome.[/QUOTE]
But then he would leave to work for another company while champ..... just kidding.

No wonder why Karen left Angle. Has anybody seen Rhaka Khan on TV for several months which makes you wonder? I just hope that he gets some help now that all this has come to light.

[quote name='Brak']They should build Morgan to be TNA's ECW-era Mike Awesome.[/QUOTE]

That would be pretty cool. Whatever happens, the PPV should be interesting.

[quote name='mykevermin']Kurt should be pulled from the show and his title should be held up.

I would put Styles in his place. He should also win the title. Sting doesn't need it, and I wouldn't dare build a company around Matt Morgan.

That said, we'll see how classy an organization TNA is by how they react to this.[/QUOTE]

We all know the answer to that. :) TNA will let Kurt wrestle. He will drop the title, but I'd bet a ham sammich that If he is allowed to travel, he will be in that match at the PPV. I can hope I'm wrong and Angle makes a statement at the beginning of the PPV followed by Dixie Carter makeing an announcement that they will get Kurt the help he needs. Leave any angles to Tenay and West. Let them say that due to Angle's health issues the title is held up and rebook the PPV as a tournament. There is nothing on the PPV I want see except Joe vs Homicide and I expect that to disappointment me somehow. Scrapping the whole show and focusing it around the World title would help it regain some sort prestige.

Didn't JJ get in deep shit with Dixie over the situation with Kurt's wife? I would think that Angle's current situation is way worse than that, so shit needs to go down. Angle shouldn't be allowed to wrestle at the PPV.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']We all know the answer to that. :) TNA will let Kurt wrestle.[/QUOTE]

Blackout more or less addressed what would have been my response to this.

I don't know that Kurt has "health" issues because he was caught with HGH. Let's not fool ourselves, the vast majority of wrestlers are all up on this kind of stuff. And suppose Kurt has a genuine Rx - do you accept that, or let your cynicism convince you his celebrity got him access to this stuff?

Kurt's business is his own, and TNA probably should not let him wrestler as long as there is speculation about his behavior - especially when their actions towards Jarrett were stronger, and seemingly solely political rather than legal.

I'm not willing to condemn Kurt yet. But he should step away from the main focal point of the company (the title) as long as he's under investigation for some stuff that could further stain the industry. Nancy Grace is already trying to frame this guy as Benoit #2, I bet.

If they put AJ in, I'd like to see AJ win it leading to a Sting/Styles match at Bound For Glory. By all accounts, they're pushing for Sting's last match to be at BFG, and I'd love to see him put over a young talent the way Flair did for Sting.

[quote name='mykevermin']
I don't know that Kurt has "health" issues because he was caught with HGH. [/QUOTE]

And I agree, but TNA is going to /has to spin it to the fans. Saying he has health problems will be the spin TNA uses if they go that route. Not only that, but I wouldn't say anything more than Health/Personal problems if it was me due to the fact that could be used in court later. I also agree that Dixie Carter should be way more pissed at Kurt than at Jarrett and that Nancy Grace is going to be all over this. :) Man lets hope she can't get that video where Kurt said he'd make Jesus tap.

Edit: Found this on Hygetropin's wikipage:

"Legal status

Hygetropin is approved for use in China. It is not approved for sale or import in the United States Since early 2007, Hygene Biopharma Co., Ltd has stated in e-mails that it does not ship Hygetropin to the United States."

Kurt has a prescription for a drug not approved for sale in the US?

Late to the game but I want my two-cents worth here.

I predict TNA not only lets Angle wrestle but that he retains... for publicity cause there is no such thing as bad press right....

That being said, I hope I'm wrong. I hope Angle is pulled and suspended and sent to rehab, this isn't what TNA needs, they literally had the biggest and most prominent star in their company fuck up beyond belief. Open the PPV with Carter or Cornette (if you want a TV face for kayfabe sake) talking about the recent "situation" with Kurt Angle and that for his health he has been removed from the PPV. Then whoever goes on a rant about the people being promised a triple threat for the title so they're adding the only fair person to be put in the match, AJ Styles.... Thats what I think needs to happen.

Again though, Angle wrestles... and retains.

This is why TNA needs to start basing their main event around younger guys: Joe, AJ, Morgan, Roode, Homicide, Hernandez, etc. Sting is going out. Angle is fucked up, JJ is probably done too. Nsh can't even move. Foley ain't what he used to be. The main event scene needs to be freshened up.

Much better this scenario than Kurt being found with a dead body somewhere. I really hope this is the hard slap in the face he needs to realize what a mess he's made for himself. If Dixie is willing to pull JJ for questionable domestic issues than I don't see any way she lets Kurt, in a much more serious situation, come back until he gets cleaned up.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']It looks like Angle will be off the show -
http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/10277/[/QUOTE]

Actually, that reads like he has the option to leave the state before his hearing which wouldn't prevent him from traveling to the show, at least from a legal standpoint. What TNA decides to do, though, may put the kibosh on that. I guess we'll find out in a couple of hours.

Assuming he does show up, I wonder if they'll have him stay Monday for the TV taping to work an angle to explain a prolonged absence. That wouldn't make it easy to make a Tuesday morning court appearance. Ah, speculation. Isn't it...speculative?

Last edited by a moderator:
Angle showing up on TV tonight or being pulled will show whether or not the whole Jeff Jarrett thing is genuine in nature, or if it's all political at the base. I suspect we'll see Angle wrestle and retain just to "swerve" the audience - thus proving that TNA is being worked by the wrestlers politically, and theyre not really resting on any moral high ground to keep Jarrett off TV.

PWInsider is reporting that Angle is in fact out on bond and is in Orlando at the Impact Zone for tonight's PPV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back