The Target Clearance Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

[quote name='MightySlacker']If anyone notices if the games dropped another level..*cough*Metroid Echoes for $4.98*cough* please post, I don't really want to make a big trip for nada

Dave[/quote]

im waiting for that one too, if anybody sees this drop let us know!

I broke down and called due to a massive snowstorm coming, and yes they did, which leads me to believe that other stuff around the same price *cough*BatenKaitos*cough* did too. Now I have to wake up at 7am to try and beat the storm

Dave

^^ I ended up going to Target tonight for the hell of it & came across some great markdowns...

(PS2)
Killzone - $4.98
Sly 2 Band of Thieves - $4.98

(GC)
Metriod Prime Echoes - $4.98
Star Fox Assualt - $4.98
Fight Night Round 2 - $4.98
Pac-Man Fever - $4.98
Resident Evil 4 - $4.98!!! :hot:

I was kinda suprised The Con for PSP hasnt gone down to $4.xx, its still at $9.98

Also I noticed the whole game sections were cleaned up & reorganized, so I would check with your local Targets, cuz usually stores all change their planners the same week, so they probably will be finding clearance stuff to get rid of.

Picked up Metal Gear acid for 7.98 and Death jr for 4.98. I also saw Fire emblem (7.98) and a ton of medieval resurrection for 4.98.

I just wished my targets had better GC selection.

On a mostly-related note: I spotted a few of the Tony Hawk PS2 game/skateboard packs at a local Goodwill store yesterday. They were priced at $24.99 each, but I think that each location prices differently. So if anyone is still looking, you might want to check there!

My Target didn't have anything great:

PSP - The Con (about 6 copies) $9.xx
DS - Ping Pals (2-3) $3.74
Xbox - Burnout 3 (4-5) $4.xx

They also had a Zelda sling bag for the Wii, like a carrying case I suppose, was $19.xx.

[quote name='Mogambi']No I actually don't already own it. I am an old school Metroid fan and the original is one of my favorite games. I did purchase Metroid Prime and just couldn't get into it. (I sat down with the intention to play several times and didn't have any interest and I am not sure why?) I figured if I never touch Prime why bother with part 2 of it? Very strange since I can usually sit and play every game, even the crappy ones but for some reason Metroid Prime never held my interest. Are you telling me I should give it another try? Maybe I will while I am thinking about it.[/quote]

Wow, I felt the same way. I have a copy, opened and only played one time for 15 minutes. I love Metroid in 2D and the jump to 3D never really grabbed my interest. Maybe I should give it another shot? Then if I like it, I'll go to Target and Pick Up Echoes. Thanks CAGS...you're the greatest!

I wish my Target had games like that -- though I'm not sure I want to play any of those, so may be it's for the best.

I WAS able to score a limited edition Zelda: TP shield/sword for $4.98 the other night. It was the last one; I think they forgot to ship it off since they had quite a few at $10 the day before and they were all gone when I went. It was still stickered at $10, but rang up $5.

[quote name='Mogambi']Gunpey is decent...defintely worth 7.48

I was in Target today and saw the following...and passed on all them.

GC - Metroid 2 ($4.98)
GC - Spongebob The Movie Game ($4.98)
DS - Ping Pals ($3.74)[/QUOTE]
Do you have it for DS or PSP? I just picked up a PSP, and the two versions of the game look fairly different.

Of course, my choice may just boil down to "Whichever one is cheapest." :p

My closest Target has about thirty copies of THUG2 for PS2 at $4.98. I can't imagine this is worth anything for trade fodder, but disagreement is welcome.

Clearance gaming items tend to disappear before the 75% mark around here.

Picked up at my local Target last weekend (Novi, MI):

Xbox - Ultimate Spider-Man - $4.98
PSP - Metal Gear Ac!d - $7.48
DS - Gunpey - $7.48

I found a hidden away Zelda Sword & Shield yesterday stickered at $19.98 and it scanned as Item Not Found already, so it looks like there was no drop between $10.04 and OOS. Not sure how somebody else here got it for $4.98. They still had two skateboard only Tony Hawk Project 8 for $22.44 with no game inside.

Pretty much every clearance game that was there red stickered last week was now gone, even the crappy ones that were still over $13.98. Sometimes I see other random people just buying red stickered games simply because they think it must be a deal if it's on clearance.

I went back to Target today to have Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble rung up at the register for a purchase but it was still $14.99. Looks like I'll have to keep an eye on them every week from here on out. I seem to have the only Target that hasn't put it on clearance. :cry:

[quote name='happyorangeman']Wow, I felt the same way. I have a copy, opened and only played one time for 15 minutes. I love Metroid in 2D and the jump to 3D never really grabbed my interest. Maybe I should give it another shot? Then if I like it, I'll go to Target and Pick Up Echoes. Thanks CAGS...you're the greatest![/quote]

I never got into the 3D Metroids, either... and I struggled through that boredom to play through Metroid Prime... and it was mostly a waste of time.

The game is good enough for a sci-fi thriller/shooter... but it didn't feel very metroid-y to me. Not to mention how jumping in ANY FPS is a major pain in the :booty:!!!

I'd give Metroid another try when it comes out for the Wii. That game should hopefully kick a lot more @$$ than the previous Metroids (with more enemies to kill - would be nice...).

[quote name='kurtori']On a mostly-related note: I spotted a few of the Tony Hawk PS2 game/skateboard packs at a local Goodwill store yesterday. They were priced at $24.99 each, but I think that each location prices differently. So if anyone is still looking, you might want to check there![/QUOTE]
That's pretty funny. I also found one at a Goodwill store over the weekend for $20. It was the Xbox version, and since I've already played through the 360 version of the game, I'm selling the game itself and essentially getting the skate deck for free. I guess Target must have some deal worked out with Goodwill where they give them clearanced items that don't sell.

Have you thought about buying it at that target, and returning and rebuying it at a target that has it on clearance, I've always been able to talk the girls into letting me rebuy anything I returned.

[quote name='rapsodist']I went back to Target today to have Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble rung up at the register for a purchase but it was still $14.99. Looks like I'll have to keep an eye on them every week from here on out. I seem to have the only Target that hasn't put it on clearance. :cry:[/quote]

[quote name='drew1921']Have you thought about buying it at that target, and returning and rebuying it at a target that has it on clearance, I've always been able to talk the girls into letting me rebuy anything I returned.[/quote]
That's certainly worth a try! Time to print out the UPC and scan it at all the VJ-less Targets.

EDIT: Or just get the DCPI and input that.

[quote name='iceblast21']I never got into the 3D Metroids, either... and I struggled through that boredom to play through Metroid Prime... and it was mostly a waste of time.

The game is good enough for a sci-fi thriller/shooter... but it didn't feel very metroid-y to me. Not to mention how jumping in ANY FPS is a major pain in the :booty:!!!

I'd give Metroid another try when it comes out for the Wii. That game should hopefully kick a lot more @$$ than the previous Metroids (with more enemies to kill - would be nice...).[/quote]

I loved Metroid Prime largely because it was non-traditional as an FPS, with a great deal more detail to setting, exploration, and Metroid-y things than FPS type stuff. Tis difficult to even call it an FPS.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I wish my Target had games like that -- though I'm not sure I want to play any of those, so may be it's for the best.

I WAS able to score a limited edition Zelda: TP shield/sword for $4.98 the other night. It was the last one; I think they forgot to ship it off since they had quite a few at $10 the day before and they were all gone when I went. It was still stickered at $10, but rang up $5.[/quote]

Damn I was waiting for them to drop as well. Last time I looked at my Target they were around $27. Yesterday when I went they had none left.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I loved Metroid Prime largely because it was non-traditional as an FPS, with a great deal more detail to setting, exploration, and Metroid-y things than FPS type stuff. Tis difficult to even call it an FPS.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Since I suck at/hate FPS, and loved Metroid Prime and was good at it, that means it can't be a FPS. I think the 2 Metroid games are the best games on the system.

That being said, I liked Echoes a little less. While it seemed super refined and still boatloads of fun, it wasn't the same feeling you got playing the first one and exploring everywhere. It seemed like things were much more linear and "level-ish" than the first. An absolute no brainer at $5

Some prices:

$5
Metroid Echoes
Baten Kaitos
Mario Golf GCN
Spongebob the Movie GCN and GBA
Harvest Moon AWL GCN
Viewtiful DS
Sly 2 GH
Shaman King PS2
spiderman 2 gcn
Need for Speed 2 GCN - forgot if it was underground or hot pursuit
burnout revenge xbx
ultimate spiderman xbx

Other prices:
Ghost Recon Jungle Storm ps2 - $3.74
Ghost Recon Island THuinder xbx - $3.74
Suzuki Superbike ps2 - $3.74
Incredibles ps2 - $3.74
Genji - $7.48
Dynasty Warriors 5 - $12.48
Neopets PS2 - $9.98
Dragonball GT GBA - $7.48
Budokai 2 GCN - $7.48

Dave

Oh, almost forgot

Lexmark P4350 all in one scanner-photo printer $24.98 (75% of 99.98) 080 03 1534

Was kinda glad to see it as I replaced my broken all in one with a black and white laser, and needed a new scanner and something for the occasional color print. And I mean very occasional as Lexmark ink prices suck.

Dave

Actually, the replacement color cart for that printer is only $20. Pretty reasonable compared to most others. I almost picked up a couple of those today but they aren't fax capable.

Saw a Wii bag sling on clearance. It was specifically the Legend of Zelda one as the others they had were not clearanced. It's used to hold your Wii, remote, nunchuck and games while you're on the go. It has a Hylian Shield on the front. Was priced at $19.98.

[quote name='MightySlacker']
Dynasty Warriors 5 - $12.48[/quote]Dave, what system is this for? I've been looking for this game on xbox for a while and it isn't at any of the targets around here.

Picked up Luigi's Mansion, StarFox Assault, and Metroid Prime 2 for 5 bucks a pop today. I also bought Final Fantasy 1 and 2 Down of Sorrows for 7.50 and I don't even own a DS/GBA yet.

[quote name='guinaevere']Dave, what system is this for? I've been looking for this game on xbox for a while and it isn't at any of the targets around here.[/QUOTE]

PS2

Dave

Wow, I can't believe people are still finding some of the deals that they are. The Targets in my area have been wiped out for at least a week and a half.

I saw:
The Con for PSP marked @ 5.98
Xmen Legends for GC @ 4.98
Me and My Katamari @ 7.98
Genji @ 4.98
Star Wars III ROTS XBOX 4.98
and a couple other 4.98 games

last night at Target.

[quote name='lawdood']Wow, I can't believe people are still finding some of the deals that they are. The Targets in my area have been wiped out for at least a week and a half.[/quote]
Yeah my Target was pretty well cleaned out. About the only thing I saw was Viewtiful Joe and Gunpey for the DS. It looked like any other games they had were already picked over. Does Target generally only have the deep discounted stuff in one area or can it be found throughout the electronics section?

At my store it looked like all they had was an endcap with a big red CLEARANCE sign.

It can be on more than one endcap and sometimes you need to check the regular games section as clearance games can be mixed in there as well

Dammit! I went back to Target today and all copies of Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble were gone. I made sure to ask the employee running the department and he confirmed that someone bought them all up. I don't know why since they were still $15 apiece...

[quote name='rapsodist']Dammit! I went back to Target today and all copies of Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble were gone. I made sure to ask the employee running the department and he confirmed that someone bought them all up. I don't know why since they were still $15 apiece...[/quote]
If my store still has them I'd be happy to nab it for you and send it your way if you cover costs (tax & shipping). When I picked mine up on Monday they had one left. I haven't been back since.

[quote name='Chitown021']If my store still has them I'd be happy to nab it for you and send it your way if you cover costs (tax & shipping). When I picked mine up on Monday they had one left. I haven't been back since.[/quote]

Thanks for your kindness, but given the fact that the game itself is only supposed to be $5, I figure that shipping and tax would kill the deal for me. I'll have to find it somewhere local to really take advantage of this clearance. All the same, I'm appreciative of your offer. :)

Is Dark Messiah of Might and Magic worth it at 24? Its 50% off...it might go to 75% off...should I hold out?

My store has about 15 of them.

I hid one behind some crap no one would look for it behind, in the hopes that if it drops again and I am too late, I can still get it.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Is Dark Messiah of Might and Magic worth it at 24? Its 50% off...it might go to 75% off...should I hold out?

I hid one behind some crap no one would look for it behind, in the hopes that if it drops again and I am too late, I can still get it.[/quote]

i played a demo for this game & i thought it was pretty fun, but I think I heard its a short game, so I would wait for it go 75% off.

I picked up a Metroid 2, 2 Starfox Assaults, and 4 Viewtiful Joes for DS if anybody is interested just CML or PM me $10 shipped each.

For some reason the Viewtiful Joes were put out in the case maybe two weeks ago for $19.99, not sure why they're $4.98 and not coming up as clearance. They're also located at the front lanes on a Nintendo end cap for $14.99.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Is Dark Messiah of Might and Magic worth it at 24? Its 50% off...it might go to 75% off...should I hold out?

I hid one behind some crap no one would look for it behind, in the hopes that if it drops again and I am too late, I can still get it.[/QUOTE]

I've heard its really similar to Oblivion.

I went to the Target on South street in North Long Beach and they had a display by the front checkout with a bunch of DS and GBA titles for $14.99. Most were OK titles but they had about 10 - 12 copies of Viewtiful Joe DT. I went over to the scanner and it came up as $4.98!!!! So I bought 2. One for me and one for a birthday present. So you might want to see if your local Target has them in stock.

I got Gunpey for $7.48, Viewtiful Joe DS for $4.98, Killer 7 for Game Cube $3.74, Ultimate Spider Man for XBOX $4.98, Wipeout Pure $4.98. However, I traded them all in at my local mom-and-pops game store for about two and a half times what I paid at Target.

Needless to say I was quite happy with $65.00 in-store credit.

Later,

Alex

P.S. I wasn't greedy either as there are multiple copies left of all of those games in case there are any CAGers in the Irvine, CA area.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but one of the Target's near me has a ton of Black Nintendo-brand DS styluses on clearance for about $6 or so.

This is my first post and I just have to say this site is great and informative...

Well been doing the hole Target hunting and heres what I came up with..

:gc:Metroid Prime 2-$4.98
:gc:Luigi's Mansion-$4.98
:gc:Starfox Assault-$4.98
:gc:Killer7-$3.98
:xbox:Doom 3-$4.98
:xbox:True Crime NY-$4.98
:xbox:Burnout Revenge-$4.98
iconpsp_r2.gif
Death Jr.-$4.98
iconpsp_r2.gif
Wipeout Pure-$4.98

i just picked up pikmin 2 and mario golf for 4.98 each. madden 06 was on sale for 6.98 as well all for gamecube

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back