The Target Clearance Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

I dont think ive ever seen a really good deal at target. Its always just platinum hits or something on sale for $15 or something. OOh, what a deal. lol

OK, I have several Target games that are going to get returned soon unless someone here wants them. I posted them in the Target trading thread but that doesn't get many views. They are also on my trade list.

But since the current clearance is winding down I figure I'd just post them here in case anyone is still looking for them. Otherwise they get returned. I'm knocking the price down a bit from my original list on some of these. All prices given shipped 1st class w/bubble mailer for single games:

:ds:
Gunpey: $12

:gc:
Baten Kaitos: $10
Fight Night Round 2: $10
X-Men Legends: $10

:psp:
Metal Gear Acid: $12
Untold Legends: $12

:ps2:
Eye Toy Play 2 w/camera (shipped via priority mail): $21
NBA 06: $12
NBA Live 06: $12
NHL 06: $12
Gretzky NHL 06: $12
Shaman King: $9

:xbox:
Burnout 3: $10

That's just the Target stuff. I also have some Fred Meyer clearance games up on my trade list that will also get returned soon - in particular the 360 games.

The secret to finding deals at Target is to find where their clearance sections are (usually on the end of aisles). Look for the red tags...

Picked up two 12 month Gold kits for $29.98 yesterday. One had actually been opened and used (after calling M$, found out they were redeemed way back in May 2006), so only one extra year for me. Saw a million copies of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones- how much are those supposed to be?

[quote name='djkunai']Picked up two 12 month Gold kits for $29.98 yesterday. One had actually been opened and used (after calling M$, found out they were redeemed way back in May 2006), so only one extra year for me. Saw a million copies of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones- how much are those supposed to be?[/quote]

I believe Fire Emblem is supposed to be $7.48.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I got viewtiful joe DS, but I might return it because the reviews say its kinda average.[/quote]

I am really enjoying this game....I think it is definately worth the 5 bucks and is a worthy follow up to the excellent console games. I believe if you enjoyed VJ 1 or 2 for the GC or PS2 then you will enjoy this game....

my 2 cents

I'm looking for a copy of Baten Kaitos or Fire Emblem, they're the two I just can't find ;( Anyone want Viewtiful Joe (DS), Gunpey (DS), Metroid Prime 2, or One Piece (GC) in trade?

[quote name='distinct101']This is my first post and I just have to say this site is great and informative...[/quote]Glad to have you with us! And have fun with Luigi's Mansion. That's such a fun little game.

Lizzie McGuire 2 GBA - $4.98

On an aside, I have a few extra Metroid Echoes and Baten Kaitos. I wouldn't mind trading for stuff I don't have, with FF DoS and Fire Emblem being the two that pop up off the top of my head, but there's some other Gamecube things Id be interested in as well

Dave

I got Ninja Gaiden Black for $7.48 today. It scanned at $0 but the girl in electronics used the scan gun and told me it was last at $7.48 I also grabbed a Samsung 1 GB USB Drive & Music Player Stick for $39.98. I think it retailed for $99 originally, not sure though. It also scanned at $0 at first.

Frustrating...i've been to no less than five Targets in the last week and a half and I haven't found anything I want. Even the occasional game that i'd want to buy that i saw on an endcap (Burnout or Xmen Legends for Xbox, True Swing Golf for DS, etc.) are coming up 15 or 20 dollars on the scanner instead of 4.98.

Are you guys using the scanner in the aisles or do you have to have them scanned at the register?

[quote name='mikeroy']Frustrating...i've been to no less than five Targets in the last week and a half and I haven't found anything I want. Even the occasional game that i'd want to buy that i saw on an endcap (Burnout or Xmen Legends for Xbox, True Swing Golf for DS, etc.) are coming up 15 or 20 dollars on the scanner instead of 4.98.

Are you guys using the scanner in the aisles or do you have to have them scanned at the register?[/QUOTE]

Aisle scanners, but frankly, most things have been correctly tagged. I finally found an Xbox RoTS and it was tagged $4.98. That is wierd, though, because I never saw it before at any price (since the clearance started any way). There were a bunch of new games at this Target all of a sudden too. Maybe someone returned them with the hopes of rebuying. Too bad if so ;). Though I might try that with an Xbox Live kit soon (got it for $42).

[quote name='MightySlacker']DS Lite Black Stylus are down to $4.98 (50%)

Edit: Forgot if it was a 2 or 3 pack

Dave[/quote]

2 packs... they were 2.48$ this morning at the Vierra Super Target. I also picked up Kill Zone (PS2) for 4.98.

Where are people finding Real World Golf for 12 dollars? I've been driving to Targets in NJ and PA and have had no luck -- they only have them for 25. If anyone in that area knows of a Target, please let me know.

You'll probably have to wait until this Monday or the following Monday for another price drop. It seems like some stores move to drop clearance prices about 1-2 weeks before others. I can't get RWG for under about $25 either.

[quote name='billwis']Where are people finding Real World Golf for 12 dollars? I've been driving to Targets in NJ and PA and have had no luck -- they only have them for 25. If anyone in that area knows of a Target, please let me know.[/quote]

[quote name='manthing']Anyone have the DCPI number for :ps2: Real World Golf?[/quote]

I typed one in yesterday morning so I am doing this from memory, so no promises on its accuracy...but here goes: 0636 07 0010

Some one please confirm this or remind me that my memory sucks.

[quote name='billwis']Where are people finding Real World Golf for 12 dollars? I've been driving to Targets in NJ and PA and have had no luck -- they only have them for 25. If anyone in that area knows of a Target, please let me know.[/QUOTE]

For the amount you probably paid driving around to that many Targets you should have just paid the $25 for the game...guaranteed you spent more than $12 in gas :)

Found the Xbox Live 12 month kit with the headset, 200 MS points and free Bankshot Billiards code for $14.xx today.

[quote name='kell']I typed one in yesterday morning so I am doing this from memory, so no promises on its accuracy...but here goes: 0636 07 0010

Some one please confirm this or remind me that my memory sucks.[/QUOTE]

I can't confirm, but you're probably off by one digit as DPCI's are XXX XX XXXX.

My Target had one copy of the PS2 Tony Hawk game and skateboard for $22.54 tonight. That was all it was going down in price before it was salvaged as the price ended in "4". I bought it as I felt it was a good deal with game and board as I have read in this thread that at some stores the game was taken out of the package. I'm happy.

The local Targets here didn't have any of the deals mentioned in this thread but I did find a dozen or so City Of Villians games for 4.98. I was unsure if I would actually play it so I passed.

GC NFS Underground 2 4.98 (Target, Irvine Spectrum, last one)
GC Metroid Prime 2 4.98 (Target, Aliso Viejo, about 5 left)

Real World Golf is scanning 24-34 at the Targets around here.

Plenty of DS Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble for 4.98 at Target in Aliso Viejo, CA. Several DS Gunpeys at 7.48, too, there and at Target in Irvine (on Culver, not Spectrum).

That sucks, i've been wanting Viewtiful Joe DS for a while as well as Mercenaries, my Target never has anything on clearance.

Not much at all, $4.9x copies of True Crime: New York for both Gamecube & Xbox, plus a couple Dragon Ball Z titles I think at $4.9x. That's abou tit, looked sparse.

At 2 Targets in Tampa, FL today:

:gc:
Harvest Moon: Wondeful Life 4.98
Odama 12.48
Geist 12.48

:gba:
Fire Emblem SS 7.48

:xbox:
Conflict Desert Storm 2.48

:ds:
Gunpey 7.48

Bizaare. My Target put out Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble a few weeks ago for $19.99. I checked it a week ago and it was $4.98, and now for some reason the four remaining copies bounced back up to $14.99.

Hope there's some nice drops soon, all that's left is Genji, NHL, and True Crime.

I'm not sure if my local targets have been picked clean, or if they never had much to begin with.Only thing I've seen is Viewtifull JOE DS for 4.98, which is a great price, except I bought it looong ago when it was new.

[quote name='phear3d']did they just do a price drop on metroid prime echoes?[/quote]

i'm pretty sure they just did. i picked it up for $9.98 a week ago and went into a different target today and they had two copies for $4.98.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']i'm pretty sure they just did. i picked it up for $9.98 a week ago and went into a different target today and they had two copies for $4.98.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I found it for $4.98 a few days ago too. Most of the $9.98 games from last week seem to be $4.98 this week. But as usual, things can be wacky. I found a Real Swing Golf (untagged) and it was still $24.xx.

My coup for the week: I was able to return/repurchase the $41.98 Xbox Live kit and get $12 refunded. I asked for a price adjustment and she was willing to try but said it came up as "unable" to do that. I thought I was out of luck and considered just returning it and taking my chances finding it again in a day or two. But then she said she could just return it and let me repurchase if I wanted. I hastily agreed. Funny thing is it ended up being the same thing as a price adjustment as they simply refunded $12 to my card. I know this is YMMV - at the very same Target I got turned down doing the same thing with the Zelda CE pack a few weeks ago. All I can say is just bring things like that with you if you are shopping there anyway, and if you see different employees at the returns desk just try it again, you might get lucky.

I apologize for it not being game related, but the "Global Market" furniture area is now 50% off... not marked as such in some stores. The wife and I scored some nice cheap-ass chairs for gaming : )

I was advised at my target that there price adjustment policy for clearanced items is 2 weeks. I recently went to Target to get an adjustment on furniture and they advised me that their policy is 2 weeks on price adjustments for price drops. Just an FYI for anyone. Would be interesting to see if anyone else was told something else. I never saw this info posted anywhere else, but I could be wrong?

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']I was advised at my target that there price adjustment policy for clearanced items is 2 weeks. I recently went to Target to get an adjustment on furniture and they advised me that their policy is 2 weeks on price adjustments for price drops. Just an FYI for anyone. Would be interesting to see if anyone else was told something else. I never saw this info posted anywhere else, but I could be wrong?[/QUOTE]
As far as I know, that is their policy for ALL price adjustments. 14 days.

In my hunt for RWG, I was told that they don't price match things on clearance. That was by the kid in the electronics dept. so I don't know how much trust can be put in it, but he seemed pretty sure.

[quote name='billwis']In my hunt for RWG, I was told that they don't price match things on clearance. That was by the kid in the electronics dept. so I don't know how much trust can be put in it, but he seemed pretty sure.[/quote]

I think it all depends on the location, day, and employee you get when you go.

as someone who used to work at targhetto, they do not price match clearance items. the policy is also 14 days on price drops/changes that are not on clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back