The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

Fairfax VA

Indiana Jones and the Emporer's Tomb (Xbox) - $7.50

but I'm pretty sure I snagged the last copy. I think that's the first good clearance find I've made at that location.

At the Mall 205 location in Portland, OR:

As of 3/23/2004:

PSX:
Soviet Strike GH $7.48
Harry Potter & the Chamber Of Secrets $13.98
(Plenty of copies of both games)

Playstation 2
Freekstyle GH $13.98
(There were about 8 copies)

Game Boy Advance
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 $13.98
(1 copy)

XBOX
World Series Baseball 2K3 $14.98
(Still quite a few copies... not too surprised about this though)

The first post in this thread says that if the clearance price ends in 8, it can still go down, but if it ends in 4, that's as low as it will go. Is that a reliable system with which to determine whether or not to wait for a game's clearance price to drop?

I think that's the old markdown system. Now even the final markdown price appears to end in an 8.

The easiest way to tell if a game will drop more is by seeing what the price is. If it's 75% off, chances are it won't go any lower. There are some exceptions like I once found Time Crisis 2 with the Guncon 2 for $7.50 when the original price was $59.99 but generally only holiday/seasonal merchandise goes past 75% off.

Thanks, YoshiFan.

Another question: If a game's only 25%-50% off, is it safe to wait for the price to drop a bit, or is there a chance that that's as low as it will go before they suddenly pull it from the shelves altogether? I know this varies case-to-case, but in general, is it safe?

Thank you very much for the assistance; sorry to dirty this thread with questions instead of cheapass deals...

If it's a game you really want and there's limited copies, I'd grab it up (or hide it). You might wait for it to drop lower, but someone might look at it and take it at that price point.

If you find a game at a good price point, go ahead and buy it... You can still go back later and buy it again at a lesser price point, and then return it with your old receipt.

I've seen my Target gather up every copy of a game to be clearanced at another Target. (According to the guy gathering them up.) So it's possible they will all be carted off to another Target before they are clearanced lower at your location.

I was able to take back the PS1/LCD combo that I bought for $74 and buy it back on the spot for the $37 price. The lady at the customer service area was very nice and didn't even ask questions. I believe that their policy is to put it back the next day and not sell it back but she did it anyway. YMMV type of thing.
P.S. Target in Aventura FL.
PS2
Dark Cloud 2 $14.98
Freedom Fighters $14.98

[quote name='wubb']I've seen my Target gather up every copy of a game to be clearanced at another Target. (According to the guy gathering them up.) So it's possible they will all be carted off to another Target before they are clearanced lower at your location.[/quote]

It's possible. One Target around here has absolutely nothing, not even an empty shelf and the other about 20 minutes away has a clearance shelf plus all kinds of behind-the-case, secret-scan goodies.

Target on 28th St. SE in Grand Rapids MI has the following for $14.98:
Silent Hill 3 (PS2)
.hack Outbreak (Part 3) (PS2)
Dark Cloud 2 (one copy left)

piles of Xbox and GC games.

Most of my Targets never had any of these good clearance deals. Found one a little out of the way that does clearance games. Picked up Silent Hill 3 today for $14.98.

Trust me if these deals are being posted here. Other sites are posting them too! You have to be quick! Or check everyday. I try to check about 3 times a week! I have gotten many deals. I just keep checking this thread and write down the games that people are finding and go look for them!
Alot of the time they still have them in the glass case. I just have them price check them for me and see what they ring up. If its cheap I get em before "the clearence" put clearence prices!

Thanks for all the help! You've collectively answered all my questions.

by the way: target in glendale hts, IL:
$5 each for Tony Hawk 1 and 2 (PS1)
$2.94-ish for Tomb Raider Chronicles (PC) (just thought that deal was funny)

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']I've only ever hit one of these deals for a game I wanted in all of Indy.[/quote]

Same here. It's gotten worse. I snagged Maestro for $3.89, Amplitude for $6.xx, but since those (+8 months ago) I've seen nothing decent. However, I did snag a $150 10GB ipod at the Target by 38th and 465 on the nw side a few weeks ago. Sweetness.

I didn't know Target actually sold iPods. I just thought it was just accessories. I go to that Target sometimes (across from Eagle Highlands), but they have, by far, the worst clearance section of any Targets in Indy.

[quote name='Qbe']Target on 28th St. SE in Grand Rapids MI has the following for $14.98:

.hack Outbreak (Part 3) (PS2)

[/quote]

Sweet, I've been waiting for that one.

Target at the Scottsdale Pavillions in Scottsdale, AZ:
Freakstyle (PS2 GH) - $13.98 (At least, I think that's what the sticker said. I didn't pick it up)
.hack Outbreak (Part 3) - $20.98

Not as good as the $14.98 price someone mentioned, but since I got Pitfall: The Lost Expedition for $29.99 instead of $39.99 because they had the wrong label on the shelf, I'm not too dissappointed. :)

as of today at the target in clinton twp., mi, on gratiot:

silent hill 3 - $14.98
max payne (xbox) - $9.98

there were probably about 5 copies of each left.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I didn't know Target actually sold iPods. I just thought it was just accessories. I go to that Target sometimes (across from Eagle Highlands), but they have, by far, the worst clearance section of any Targets in Indy.[/quote]

Yeah, it's kind of pointless right now as well with the renovations and what have you, particularly with electronics clearance. My wife has found some nice stuff there. We've had pretty bad luck with the Super-Target in Avon, except just after Christmas where we snagged some of those pre-wrapped things (not video games). Our best luck (excluding the iPod across from Eagle Highlands) was at the Target in Kokomo. Pretty great stuff there, if you're ever in that area.

For the past few weeks, my local Targets have been a bust in terms of finding any gems that were to be clearanced. Oh well. Is this the end of a fine era?

Clearance:
Xbox
Max Payne (greatest hits)-9.98
Celebrity Deathmatch- 9.98

Sale:
Prince of persia w/ splinter cell (39.99) while they last.

all is ymmv.

Target has $10 off:

MK:DD
NBA Live 2004 (All systems)
Pokemon Colosseum
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Sonic Heroes (All systems)
MVP Baseball 2004 (All systems)
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing (All systems)

I think that is all. It is $10 off regular price.

Man, the Scottsdale Pavilions. I used to love that place. I lived in Fountain Hills from 92-96, when I was 8-12 years old. I used to love going there with my family. They had everything, Target, Best Buy, and this awesome arcade/outdoor center place called Outer Limits. Can anybody tell me if that place is still open? Hah, there was also a Discovery Zone there for awhile, but I'm sure that's probably long gone. I also seem to remember a movie theater, a Circuit City, a Toys R Us, a Sports Authority, a Wherehouse (pretty sure that closed), and an Old Navy. I could be wrong though. I really gotta go back and visit Arizona sometime.

Some more at Tukwila, WA.

Megaman Networt Transmission- $7.48
Mace Griffin -$4.98
Hulk(GC)-$7.48
Activision Anthology-$9.99
PS2 Car Adapter-$9.98
Lords of Everquest-$19.98

Picked up Megaman, there's a copy left of each. There is also Klonoa (GBA) for $15.

Target is extremely hit and miss. When you score it can be great. I picked up Blinx for $9.98 most recently (not a good game and not even that great of a deal). :?

You may find something but you have to check very often to get lucky.

All you guys that live around the corner from Target make me sick.
I have to cross a bridge to get to a target. in both directions! $8 and $6

[quote name='jetblac']All you guys that live around the corner from Target make me sick.
I have to cross a bridge to get to a target. in both directions! $8 and $6[/quote]

im sorry, ill get right on building a target on your street...

[quote name='drfrielgood']Man, the Scottsdale Pavilions. I used to love that place. I lived in Fountain Hills from 92-96, when I was 8-12 years old. I used to love going there with my family. They had everything, Target, Best Buy, and this awesome arcade/outdoor center place called Outer Limits. Can anybody tell me if that place is still open? Hah, there was also a Discovery Zone there for awhile, but I'm sure that's probably long gone. I also seem to remember a movie theater, a Circuit City, a Toys R Us, a Sports Authority, a Wherehouse (pretty sure that closed), and an Old Navy. I could be wrong though. I really gotta go back and visit Arizona sometime.[/quote]

Outer Limits? Technically, it's not there anymore. It got bought out by Fiddlesticks, which is basically the same thing, but with laser tag. The Discovery Zone is now a Chuckie Cheese... The theater is still there. Warehouse is gone, but there's a Gamestop now. Old Navy is now a Petco. There have been some other minor changes, but it's mostly the same... Although, that food court are near the theater is almost dead. I think all that's left is Charlie's Steakery, and the god of all restaurants, YC's Mongolian BBQ. If only AZ weren't so damn hot already this year... :)

WI Target-
Nothing other than whats been there for 4 weeks now-
XIII-20.98 for PC(Not much of a deal)
Red Alert 2 Ex Pack-9.98(Not much of a deal at all)
Tribes 2-6.88

I went there to get MGS:TTS for GC at Target, they didnt have that in stock, wanted the PS1/LCD combo, they didnt have that, wanted Futurama Vol. 3, they dont have that(had to go to Walmart to get it), wanted to get Tiger Woods 2004 on PC for a friend, they didnt have that... And the costomer service sucks ass. They got these 16yr olds who dont no anything and dont help you... They always answer with simple yes or no answers... Not helping at all...
I hope you guys had some better finds that I did...

Went by my Target today and the only deal I found was a really odd one. They had one lone N64 cartridge, in a box that had been smushed. It was Mario Party 3 - scanned for $7.48, so I decided to grab it. No idea where it came from, I've never seen it there before. Oh well, being a Mario Party fan I figure it was a pretty good find. :)

Silent Hill 3 for $14.96, I think, at the Target in Daly City, CA. Plenty left. I didn't have a chance to check out any other prices, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back