The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I ask this here. Where can I buy rare, OOP artbooks? I'm looking for one and can't seem to find it.
Ebay or Amazon normally, but Amazon prices can be out of touch with reality more often than not. So tread lightly there before spending any funds, as you find a better deal elsewhere.

Thought I ask this here. Where can I buy rare, OOP artbooks? I'm looking for one and can't seem to find it.
If you live near a Half Price Books or any similar store, those might be worth a check. I have found some older books that were barely like 50% of what they were selling for online on occasion.

The Dreamcast Collected Works has 11 days left on KS, for whose who may want to support early. Like always, I'm sure this will be offered on Amazon later at a much better price, but there are 3 unique slip cover options, that are offered only thru KS, and while I would normally get a special edition for something like this, the extra cost for the slip cover versions seems way to high(Jet Set Radio, Shenmue & Phantasy Star Online). So I'm just going to get the base version and call it a day, plus I'm not a HUGE fan of any of those 3 titles, and the design doesn't move me either.

These guys did the same type of book for the Mega Drive/Genesis, and it was very good, they even did a second run due to the popularity of it(after the fact), so this should be more of the same.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-dreamcast-collected-works

Curious, but which one?
Megaman Battle Network: Official Complete Works. I need this one in order to complete my Megaman collection :(. Thing that sux the most, is that the Battle Network series is my favorite of all the megaman games (besides the X series)

If you live near a Half Price Books or any similar store, those might be worth a check. I have found some older books that were barely like 50% of what they were selling for online on occasion.
I do live near one. I'll check it out. Hopefully there is what I'm looking for.

Megaman Battle Network: Official Complete Works. I need this one in order to complete my Megaman collection :(. Thing that sux the most, is that the Battle Network series is my favorite of all the megaman games (besides the X series)
I'm guessing your looking for the English Udon version? As I saw several imports not going for to much on Ebay. What's the going rate for the Udon version, as I only saw one completed recently and it was used, and had an offer accepted. But he was asking $400, so no telling if he got close to that, or way below.

Considering one of the Japanese ones myself, but at the same time an Udon rep over on Neogaf pretty much confirmed a bunch of reprints were coming down the pipelines (Persona 4, Megaman Zero, and some others), and I'd be pissed if the english one comes back and I paid that much for a JP one.

Considering one of the Japanese ones myself, but at the same time an Udon rep over on Neogaf pretty much confirmed a bunch of reprints were coming down the pipelines (Persona 4, Megaman Zero, and some others), and I'd be pissed if the english one comes back and I paid that much for a JP one.
Link? Any word of which reprints are happening?

How do you know if they qualify or not? Will they just announce them randomly?
Normally they just have announcements at a Con someplace, but once they do, they'll post it to their sites "news" section. Not sure how up to date it may or may not be, as I only deal with Udon on BF.

I figured since that timing would be right around the time of the other claimed Megaman game announcements by Capcom it might be a possibility.
It could happen, and they have reprinted several regular and X Mega Man books, but those are the best games offered(mostly). So the demand was there, and Udon probably got hit up a lot on social media to reprint certain books. Honestly, I'm surprised they ever even offered this book in the first place.

Even if they announced a new game tomorrow, unless it's a "battle Network" title, I doubt it would help overall interest in this particular book, but I hope I'm wrong so you guys can get copies cheap in the future.

Heres his account

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=31922879

He confirmed the P4 book would be getting reprints, and for others to expect announcements by the end of the year
I can't seem to access NeoGAF. It states that they do not except "free websites" when it comes to signing up for an account.

I figured since that timing would be right around the time of the other claimed Megaman game announcements by Capcom it might be a possibility.
Ya. Capcom said they will announce something in December, Megaman related. Hopefully, UDON does a reprint of all (or some) of the artbooks. That would be awesome.

Weird. But yeah he confirmed Persona 4 was coming back and was and was currently being reprinted. Megaman Zero Artbook was a very high probability and to wait till December-ish to see how its coming back, and he talked about some other upcoming books and hopeful books like Dark Souls and Bayonetta.

Weird. But yeah he confirmed Persona 4 was coming back and was and was currently being reprinted. Megaman Zero Artbook was a very high probability and to wait till December-ish to see how its coming back, and he talked about some other upcoming books and hopeful books like Dark Souls and Bayonetta.
Damn...I'm going to be soo broke in the next few months lol.

The Complete SNES: Collector's Book & Ultimate Guide is now available on Kickstarter. 

https://e674e8.kckb.st

His books are always pretty solid, and he delivers pretty much on time in regards to KS pledges, and the time frames given. So no worries in regards to getting your book in a timely fashion. 

Yeah, I've got that one coming soon. Bitmap books are some of the best in overall content and quality. They also deliver in a pretty good time frame as well. Although packaging can sometimes be an issue, but any damages always get corrected, so no worries.
Did you order direct from Bitmap? Or are they available elsewhere? I ordered it through Amazon along with Neogeo, but Bitmap has said those listings are bogus. Probably need to order from somewhere else

Did you order direct from Bitmap? Or are they available elsewhere? I ordered it through Amazon along with Neogeo, but Bitmap has said those listings are bogus. Probably need to order from somewhere else
I got mine through Kickstarter, as I do with almost all my books that are offered there first. I always try to support these projects as best I can, as physical books/magazines are on the way out same as games.

So even though these books cost more thru the Crowdfunding, the creators get more money, and that helps them to keep doing what they do. There's a new Dreamcast book ending in a few days as well, it's not by Bitmap, but another good guy who has some great books under his belt as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2146199819/the-unofficial-snes-super-famicom-a-visual-compend

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-dreamcast-collected-works?ref=discovery

Anyone know how long the "free" Stick of Truth will last or will it just be a code that always will come with the Fractured But Whole?

I only ask becasue I usually wait 4-6 weeks to get new games to save money but do not want to miss the freebie

Anyone know how long the "free" Stick of Truth will last or will it just be a code that always will come with the Fractured But Whole?

I only ask becasue I usually wait 4-6 weeks to get new games to save money but do not want to miss the freebie
I think you posted in the wrong thread...

LOL ^

anyway, im hoping these KS books will be on amazon or some other site for cheaper. i really like the bitmap version. amazon cancelled on me the other day. my neo geo order still in tact but i think it will be cancelled also.

LOL ^

anyway, im hoping these KS books will be on amazon or some other site for cheaper. i really like the bitmap version. amazon cancelled on me the other day. my neo geo order still in tact but i think it will be cancelled also.
I've seen most, if not all Bitmap Books on Amazon over the years, but recently, they seem to be trying to cut back on the Amazon offerings, so consumers are left dealing with them directly. I've had dealings directly with several guys who do these types of books, and each one always says they make more money when these are bought directly, so that's the route I try my best to take.

No harm in waiting on a better deal though, as some of these books can be rather expensive. So without a decent reduction in cost, many would never be able to get these publications otherwise. So I'm sure that's why they are offered more often than not, at some point through other retail options. When and how many, remains to be seen though?

I've seen most, if not all Bitmap Books on Amazon over the years, but recently, they seem to be trying to cut back on the Amazon offerings, so consumers are left dealing with them directly. I've had dealings directly with several guys who do these types of books, and each one always says they make more money when these are bought directly, so that's the route I try my best to take.

No harm in waiting on a better deal though, as some of these books can be rather expensive. So without a decent reduction in cost, many would never be able to get these publications otherwise. So I'm sure that's why they are offered more often than not, at some point through other retail options. When and how many, remains to be seen though?
That makes sense given that my preorder of the Neo Geo Visual guide was cancelled by Amazon late last month because they couldn't secure an accurate ship date.

I just went ahead and ordered it through Bitmap directly. Hopefully we'll have them by the end of the month. (Great company and I love their products)

Just a heads up, if anyone ordered the NEOGEO a Visual History from Bitmap Books, I just got an email showing inventory has arrived, and orders should start shipping early next week, so be on the lookout.

Hardcore Gaming 101 wants to put out their next book, and is looking for backers via Unbound: Hardcore Gaming 101 Presents: Japanese Video Game Obscurities. It's just the sort of topic that's up their alley, so I couldn't say no. Hardback copy pledges start at $20 (+$10 shipping in the US) and currently they're only a third of the way to being fully funded.
Thanks for the heads up, but I put in awhile ago for this one actually. Most of their books are on Amazon, and I have almost all of them. Good quality for softcovers, and the price is reasonable as well, great group of guys.

Thanks for the heads up, but I put in awhile ago for this one actually. Most of their books are on Amazon, and I have almost all of them. Good quality for softcovers, and the price is reasonable as well, great group of guys.
I just found out about it today via a random visit to HG101. Hadn't seen mention of it in this thread, so I wanted to let others know in case they hadn't heard already.

Hope this gets funded. Been a fan of the site for years, but this is the first book of theirs that really interests me.

I just found out about it today via a random visit to HG101. Hadn't seen mention of it in this thread, so I wanted to let others know in case they hadn't heard already.

Hope this gets funded. Been a fan of the site for years, but this is the first book of theirs that really interests me.
Honestly, I don't even know why they needed funding, as they crank out pretty great books on a regular basis. I'm sure they may have explained the reason why, but it didn't really matter, as I always like to support projects like this. Hopefully some others who have never seen or heard of them before will give them a look.

And just a heads up, with BF on the way, Udon's online store has some insane deals every year(50%, 75% type deals).

Now that being said, I just went by their site to see what books are in stock, and they appear to have a new company handling their online orders. So I don't know how that may affect BF deals this year. But for anyone who has ordered from them in that past, this can probably only be an improvement. LOL

My books always arrived well packaged, but the site was terrible, as it didn't send confirmations right away, and some times you'll get shipping confirmations, and sometimes not. So hopefully after many years, they realized the issues, and have looked to correct them. If and when deals go live this year, I'll post a link. The last few years, Udon has really been the only place I can say I got any real good BF deals, so hopefully the tradition continues.

bread's done
Back