The Where Is mykevermin Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who posts here has to watch "Total Divas."

Please detail what it's like. I watch one reality TV show (Big Brother) and that's more than enough for the year.
Take your typical backstage Divas segment on RAW which goes for 2 minutes and feels like an hour. TImes that by 30 and you have Total Divas. But wait, let Wikipedia give you the insight on the first 4 episodes:

1 "Welcome to the WWE" July 28, 2013 1.34[10] The WWE Divas begin their preparations for WrestleMania. Nikki starts to have doubts regarding her relationship with John. Cameron is embarrassed when her boyfriend ends up causing a scene backstage, with Naomi stuck in the middle.

2 "A Tango With Fandango" August 4, 2013 1.52[11] Eva plans to achieve a winning rank by creating a scheming plan. The Bella Twins take some time off and enjoy a vacation with Bryanand John. Cameron and Naomi are horrified when they experience a wardrobe malfunction.

3 "Planet Funk is Funked Up"[12] August 11, 2013 TBA Naomi and Jon Uso come face-to-face in the ring. JoJo ends up giving her boyfriend an ultimatum. Nikki disagrees with Brie's decision to move to Phoenix.

4 "The "Fat" Twin"[13] August 18, 2013 TBA Nikki becomes self-conscious about her weight. Ariane considers getting breast implants. Natalya tells her fiancé that she would like more romance.

GOD THAT'S QUALITY TELEBISHION. I made it about 18 minutes on the first one and wanted to kill myself for making it that far.

Last edited by a moderator:
GOD THAT'S QUALITY TELEBISHION. I made it about 18 minutes on the first one and wanted to kill myself for making it that far.
"Tele-Bish-ion." I like it. That's basically what WCW was in the last few years. (And I'm the resident diehard WCW fan.)

Apparently, Total Divas gets better ratings than TNA Impact. That's actually more depressing than I thought it would be.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2013/8/6/4594450/total-divas-ratings-up-from-premiere-episode-on-e

You know someone drafted up a WWE/E! Network amalgam logo. It's coming. 24/7 WWE reality TV. :(

If you take it for what it is, Total Divas isn't that bad. If I can manage to watch it, I will.

I mean, it's a reality show on E...what did you really expect? Meet the Press?

If you take it for what it is, Total Divas isn't that bad. If I can manage to watch it, I will.

I mean, it's a reality show on E...what did you really expect? Meet the Press?
Fair point. It's just not for me. Nor do I have the time to watch it, to be honest.

TNA needs a bigger promotion budget.
TNA needs to stop being TNA. Sounds easy, but I see it with pro athletes all the time. It's obvious what their faults are but they just can't help but be themselves. This is TNA's problem.

Best case scenario: Time-travel and overlapping timelines is invented and discovered and we get to see what would have happened if TNA took that Joe-Angle feud in 2005 and used it as a catalyst to push better talent. They had a stellar roster in 2005 but pushed the wrong people and made bad decisions. Oh, and maybe we could go back in time and prevent TNA from killing Chris Candido. That would be nice.

Well seeing that Vince in his mind thinks his little network might take off soon... that could be a possibility.
Prediction: John Cena gets a show where it's just him fulfilling Make-A-Wish requests. It feels like something outta A&E and wins many awards.

"Tele-Bish-ion." I like it. That's basically what WCW was in the last few years. (And I'm the resident diehard WCW fan.)

Apparently, Total Divas gets better ratings than TNA Impact. That's actually more depressing than I thought it would be.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2013/8/6/4594450/total-divas-ratings-up-from-premiere-episode-on-e

You know someone drafted up a WWE/E! Network amalgam logo. It's coming. 24/7 WWE reality TV. :(
Then

Now

Forever :fridge:

Fella's out 4-6 months with a torn labrum that will be surgically repaired. I know most of you rag on Sheamus's character but the guy can go in the ring.

Sheamus is the product of lazy writing. Nothing more. Just like Cena. Both guys can be used more intelligently. 

John-Cena-makeunder.jpg

Jesus Cena can see into your soul.

That injury isn't the worst thing that could happen to him right now. Creative hasn't had anything good for him in a long time, and he was growing stale from it. His last memorable feud was with ADR last year, and he's just been floating around since then and doing those stupid hotline bits. I agree, though. He can definitely go in the ring, especially with the right opponent.

Total Divas isn't all that bad. You can't watch it expecting quality television, just take it for what it is -- a basic cable "reality" show. Everyone over-analyzes and shits on everything that's out there these days (and I am normally one of those people) but this show is precisely as advertised.

The backstage segments are the only things that I really care to see, the rest is just filler garbage. But really, we aren't exactly the target demographic for something like this.

As for RAW, the Brock-Punk segment was fucking incredible. When Brock marched toward the ring, I was literally excited to see a wrasslin "showdown" for the first time in a long time (let's forget the 'first' Punk/Brock brawl, haha).

And man... you guys are the first (maybe second to me, actually) to deliver shit sammiches when it comes to Sheamus, but now that he's shelved, apparently he's a goddamned technical wizard.

You guys have gone S-A-W-F-T -- SAWFT!

And man... you guys are the first (maybe second to me, actually) to deliver shit sammiches when it comes to Sheamus, but now that he's shelved, apparently he's a goddamned technical wizard.

You guys have gone S-A-W-F-T -- SAWFT!
Fine. I'll bring the beat back: Sheamus is garbage.

... ;)

Honestly, he's okay. While he suffers from WWE's repetitive "sports entertainment" ring style, he's good for someone his size. He's no Brian Cage but he's better than someone like Matt Morgan.

-

AIW has been putting together some good shows. Not quite the level of PWG but they have that ECW charm. Meaning: They feature a ragtag group of characters who are actually competent in the ring. That "Doring/Roadkill vs. The Unholy Alliance" or maybe "Lance Storm vs. Shane Douglas" feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2A-6IPXms

99 percent of the comments about Sheamus read something like "I don't like to see anyone injured, buuuuut he really did need some time off..." not that I disagree.

I wonder if Ryback's character shift is leading up to him taking a spear from Goldberg during the promotion of his DVD set. 8 months ago it would have derailed him completely, but since he's just more of an asshole bully type now it seems like that would be an appropriate comeuppance, and good for a one night reaction.

99 percent of the comments about Sheamus read something like "I don't like to see anyone injured, buuuuut he really did need some time off..." not that I disagree.
I wonder if Ryback's character shift is leading up to him taking a spear from Goldberg during the promotion of his DVD set. 8 months ago it would have derailed him completely, but since he's just more of an asshole bully type now it seems like that would be an appropriate comeuppance, and good for a one night reaction.
There's your WrestleMania 30 co-main.

I imagine the main event will be something like John Cena versus The Undertaker. Assuming the "Thrice in a Lifetime(TM)" match between Cena and Rock happens at WrestleMania 31. However, considering- God dang it- Considering Total Divas, maybe they'll stretch out Cena-Danielson all the way to WrestleMania.

For as little thinking as it took, I put way too much thought into something WWE.

The thing with Sheamus, he isn't a guy that was born and bred in development. He is for all intents and purposes and indie wrestler where he learned the trade for six years before getting a job with the WWE. He came up like Punk and Bryan and Cesaro, the only difference being that this was in Ireland and not the States where could get exposure from the dirt sheets. That training has basically helped to him be a solid hand at this point in his career. Sheamus can have decent, if forgettable,10-20 minute matches with anyone on the roster. Until this injury,Sheamus could definitely go in the ring and his matches were far more complex than the average Cena match (excluding the finishes). Going as far back as his ladder match with Morrison, he's done well in that respect.

The problem is that the WWE hasn't figured out how to make Sheamus an interesting character. It was the same problem they had with Orton until they gave Orton the MITB. Remember Orton trying to build bridges between Show and Sheamus just in time for 'Mania? Such a throwaway storyline...

I mean I don't get the Sheamus persona at all. Do any of you? I mean. He's Irish. Okay. But is that it? Stone Cold was basically a caricature as well of a tough-blooded redneck, but at least he could play to the crowd. Maybe that's what lacking not only in Sheamus, but in a lot of modern WWE wrestlers. Something to get the viewers involved. 

I know it's the popular IWC comment to say, but really, it's the truth right now: Sheamus is John Cena Lite.

It's not his fault, it's what creative wants him to do... and sadly I think it is ruining him. Hopefully when he returns, it's as a heel, because good guy Sheamus is absolutely unbearable to watch. Maybe he can punt a baby into the crowd or something.

For those of you who will enjoy it.  They (KENTA and Danielson) also have a few other matches that are posted on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MlbBwzy67s

FULL NJPW Show: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YyGwpDkxS-4

1. Toru Yano vs. Yujiro Takahashi
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. "The Machine Gun" Karl Anderson

3. Yuji Nagata vs. Shelton "X" Benjamin - 35 minutes in
4. Satoshi Kojima vs. Davey Boy Smith, Jr.
5. Tomohiro Ishii vs. Katsuyori Shibata - 1 hour and 3 minutes in - WATCH THIS - Great crowd - GREAT match! - Match of the Year Candidate - http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1jvafz/
6. Hirooki Goto vs. Lance Archer
7. Tetsuya Naito vs. Minoru Suzuki

8. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Prince Devitt
9. Togi Makabe vs. Kazuchika Okada
10. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi

Thanks for the posts, guys.

Holy shit at that Shibata-Ishii match. Two too many headbutts for my taste but good.

I'd like to see Kyle O'Reilly face Katsuyori Shibata somewhere. Sorta similar, those two.

I honestly had no idea Sheamus is only a year younger than John Cena... It sucks that he's injured, but hopefully it gives creative time to give him something to do. With as many face turns we've had recently, it probably would be good for him to turn heel.

FULL NJPW Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YyGwpDkxS-4

1. Toru Yano vs. Yujiro Takahashi
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. "The Machine Gun" Karl Anderson

3. Yuji Nagata vs. Shelton "X" Benjamin - 35 minutes in
4. Satoshi Kojima vs. Davey Boy Smith, Jr.
5. Tomohiro Ishii vs. Katsuyori Shibata - 1 hour and 3 minutes in - WATCH THIS - Great crowd - GREAT match! - Match of the Year Candidate - http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1jvafz/
6. Hirooki Goto vs. Lance Archer
7. Tetsuya Naito vs. Minoru Suzuki

8. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Prince Devitt
9. Togi Makabe vs. Kazuchika Okada
10. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi
Ha, I at around an hour 12 min in was thinking "YES! YES!"

I didn't follow Danielson's path coming in to the WWE, but I'm assuming those kicks are something he picked up in Japan, right?

EDIT: Great match...I'm still going to stick to and hype Cesaro/Zayn 2 of 3 falls which is coming up on NXT in two weeks, I believe.

Ha, I at around an hour 12 min in was thinking "YES! YES!"

I didn't follow Danielson's path coming in to the WWE, but I'm assuming those kicks are something he picked up in Japan, right?

EDIT: Great match...I'm still going to stick to and hype Cesaro/Zayn 2 of 3 falls which is coming up on NXT in two weeks, I believe.
You don't know how excited you've gotten me for Cesaro/Zayn. I'm beyond hyped. :)

Bryan's offense was always varied. However his implementation of striking is primarily during his WWE run. The majority of his offense used to center on holds and quick pins: Cattle Mutilation, Chick-Wing Cross Face. The only time I saw him really implement striking into his offense was against Takeshi Morishima in his ROH matches.

Danielson vs. Morishima is pretty much the best live match I've ever seen in my life. This is ALSO the match Danielson had his retina detached. http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/82357/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qcVL3DJ6GVs

Danielson has been using strikes since early in his career, long before WWE.  He uses a fair amount in this match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdEFPLYaUbA

WWE will release their "Straight to the Top: The Money in the Bank Anthology" DVD and Blu-ray on October 29th. Courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com, here is the full content listing:

DISC 1

A Revolutionary Concept

1st Ever Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Edge vs. Christian vs. Kane
WrestleMania 21 · April 3, 2005

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Ric Flair vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Matt Hardy vs. Finlay vs. Bobby Lashley
WrestleMania 22 · April 2, 2006

Ladder to Success

Jeff Hardy vs. King Booker vs. Finlay vs. CM Punk vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge
WrestleMania 23 · April 1, 2007

Ultimate Opportunist

Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. John Morrison vs. Carlito vs. CM Punk vs. MVP vs. Mr. Kennedy
WrestleMania XXIV · March 30, 2008

Avoiding Obstacles

CM Punk vs. Kofi Kingston vs. MVP vs. Finlay vs. Christian vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Mark Henry
WrestleMania 25 · April 5, 2009

DISC 2

New Stars on the Horizon

Kane vs. Christian vs. Kofi Kingston vs. MVP vs. Matt Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Evan Bourne vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler
WrestleMania 26 · March 28, 2010

Inaugural Event

SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Big Show vs. Kane vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Christian vs. Matt Hardy vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Cody Rhodes
Money in the Bank · July 18, 2010

Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Randy Orton vs. John Morrison vs. Evan Bourne vs. Mark Henry vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho vs. The Miz vs. Ted DiBiase

Era of Awesome

SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Kane vs. Sin Cara vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Heath Slater
Money in the Bank · July 17, 2011

DISC 3

Caution in the Wind

Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Alex Riley vs. Evan Bourne vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. The Miz vs. R-Truth vs. Jack Swagger
Money in the Bank · July 17, 2011

Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a World Heavyweight Championship Contract
Christian vs. Sin Cara vs. Santino Marella vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Tensai vs. Damien Sandow
Money in the Bank · July 15, 2012

Long Awaited Return

Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a WWE Championship Contract
John Cena vs. Kane vs. Big Show vs. Chris Jericho vs. The Miz
Money in the Bank · July 15, 2012

Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a World Heavyweight Championship Contract
Cody Rhodes vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Wade Barrett vs. Damien Sandow vs. Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Fandango
Money in the Bank · July 14, 2013

Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a WWE Championship Contract
CM Punk vs. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Christian vs. Rob Van Dam
Money in the Bank · July 14, 2013

View From the Top

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES

WWE Championship Match
Edge cashes in on John Cena
New Year’s Revolution · January 8, 2006

Extreme Rules Match for the WWE Championship
Rob Van Dam cashes in on John Cena
ECW One Night Stand · June 11, 2006

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge cashes in on The Undertaker
SmackDown · May 11, 2007

CM Punk cashes in on Edge
Raw · June 30, 2008

CM Punk cashes in on Jeff Hardy
Extreme Rules · June 7, 2009

Jack Swagger cashes in on Chris Jericho
SmackDown · April 2, 2010

Kane cashes in on Rey Mysterio

WWE Championship Match
The Miz cashes in on Randy Orton
Raw · November 22, 2010

Bonus: Behind-the-Scenes Footage Following The Miz’s Victory

WWE Championship Match
Alberto Del Rio cashes in on CM Punk
SummerSlam · August 14, 2011

Daniel Bryan cashes in on Big Show
TLC · December 18, 2011

WWE Championship Match
John Cena cashes in on CM Punk
Raw · July 23, 2012

Dolph Ziggler cashes in on Alberto Del Rio
Raw · April 8, 2013
I bet they will edit the crap out of the first match.

Either way, likely a day one buy for me, and I don't buy these WWE DVD things often.

Danielson has been using strikes since early in his career, long before WWE. He uses a fair amount in this match.
Riding the Danielson wave.

The very first match between Danielson and Samoa Joe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FRxJw6kHec

EPIC was sorta like a precursor to PWG.

It's an interesting concept that they've come up with for Shield. The gimmick is the stable itself. None of the three have even the slightest bit of character development or personality beyond being in that stable.

It's an interesting concept that they've come up with for Shield. The gimmick is the stable itself. None of the three have even the slightest bit of character development or personality beyond being in that stable.
When it's time, you'll see it with Ambrose, no problem. Next will be Rolllins. Reigns is the one that may flounder on his own...

What's it with Ambrose not wearing his vest anymore? He did that in his last match on Main Event, makes him seem out of place.

What's it with Ambrose not wearing his vest anymore? He did that in his last match on Main Event, makes him seem out of place.
Perhaps a slow transition to him leaving The Shield, setting someone up to take his place and allowing his character to evolve?

My money would be on Tyson Kidd.

Oh no. They're gonna make him an "anti-hero" babyface. :(

Ambrose/Moxley is one of those rare dudes I didn't see much of prior to WWE sending him to developmental (FCW/NXT/OVW/Monster Factory/UPW/Harley Race's Academy/The Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy/DSW/etc.) I like his FCW/NXT persona. Sorta hoping he'll "evolve" into that during his WWE career.

Interesting you guys say that, because if I could see any of the three becoming Face, it would be Rollins. I guess they are going to keep Rollins/Reigns on the same page though, as long as they are tag champs. 

Regardless, Ambrose is over as fuck

2K announced this morning that this year's big mode for WWE 2K14 will be "30 Years of Wrestlemania", which will allow players to play 45 matches from the previous Wrestlemania shows.  Guess this explains why they revealed the Ultimate Warrior & Andre the Giant are in the game.  But isn't that basically what the Legends of Wrestlemania game was?

Also, can't wait to recreate the main event from Wrestlemania XX :razz:

Damn. That sounds pretty awesome. I guess they're revealing the full roster on Saturday. If they got Hogan, maybe there's a slim chance they got Angle, the Hardys, and the Dudleys signed on to appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back