The Where Is mykevermin Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that the documentary portion of the Mick Foley Blu-Ray/DVD that came out recently is now up on Netflix Streaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
398101_lg.jpg

New Night of Champions poster. Kofi? Bwahaha.

46979c16b3ac86e3e4404859ada703bb_1024.jpg

Show getting lean.

Did WWE release Ricardo? They briefly mentioned his name before Alberto jumped Christian after the triple threat talking about how Vicki "disrespected" him.

All I see are the YT clips so I many times don't have the context. Thanks.

You gotta love how over the course of a few months, ADR was completely stripped of his car entrance, his first theme, and his personal ring announcer (i.e. everything that made him interesting to begin with).

Kofi fulfilling WWE's equality standards for advertising. I imagine, at least. He has no relevant storyline and is as relevant to Night Of Champions as David Otunga. Neat pose, tho. Just wrong dude/gal.

"How much does dis guy weigh?" has passed away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S7w0F7WsZg

"Is he dead?"

I read that as "Donovan Morgan" and was like "Didn't realize he was jobbing out in 1994."

-

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

The latest Art of Wrestling with Matt Striker is really good. I pick and choose which episodes I listen to, and I think this is a must-listen. Seems like we should credit Triple H with the recent changes for the better. Interesting guy. They discuss why his commentary style didn't get over with WWE brass, the heat he had in the back, wrestling history, and the sheepish nature of the locker room. Very interesting.

-

So, guys- Uh- Where IS Myke? We're on page 33 (when I log in) and maybe page 13 (when I log out) and I'd like a conclusion by the time this thread ends. Anyone else think he's Edward Snowden? Timelines match up, and he was heavy into politics.

That PWG clip for their latest (I assume) DVD is mindblowing.

I've lived in Oceanside for 10 months now and I still haven't gone up there. Shame on me. I'll spring for a ringside ticket if I can buy it online. Time to pay attention to see what show comes after BOLA.

So, guys- Uh- Where IS Myke? We're on page 33 (when I log in) and maybe page 13 (when I log out) and I'd like a conclusion by the time this thread ends. Anyone else think he's Edward Snowden? Timelines match up, and he was heavy into politics.
I think Myke was really Zen Davis, in the ultimate swerve.

The GWF marathon on ESPN Classic is amazing. So far, young JBL has done commentary, Raven has rapped, and about five billion pairs of chaps have been seen.

I've lived in Oceanside for 10 months now and I still haven't gone up there. Shame on me. I'll spring for a ringside ticket if I can buy it online. Time to pay attention to see what show comes after BOLA.
Next show is Ten. August 9th. Drake Younger Promo hyping it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_uwYaE-bufg

Full card.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Ten
Friday, August 9, 2013 - 8:00PM Bell Time - Reseda, CA

American Legion Post #308 - 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335

Co-Main Event Three Way Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Guerrilla Warfare Match
"Panama City Playboy" Adam Cole (C) vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs. "Ultraviolent Golden Boy" Drake Younger

Co-Main Event Three Way Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Ladder Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - C) vs. DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong) vs. Inner-City Machine Guns (Rich Swann &Ricochet)

Tag Team Match
Brian Kendrick & Paul London vs. Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor

Singles Match
Michael Elgin vs AR Fox

Tag Team Match

Alex Koslov & "Azúcar" Rocky Romero vs RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

Singles Match

Brian Cage vs. Anthony Nese

Singles Match

Kyle O'Reilly vs. TJ Perkins

Plus
B-Boy, Candice LeRae, Willie Mack, Ryan Taylor, and much more!

Just watched PWG's Is Your Body Ready? and that Sami Callihan vs. Adam Cole Iron Man Match was really good. 60 mins felt like half of that.

Also, the final Samurai Del Sol PWG match (for now) against the Young Bucks with AR Fox and Davey Richards vs. Kyle O'Reilly was really solid.

Can you believe it? PWG's only had 4 shows so far for 7 months, and then we have 3 in the month of August? Must be really tough to schedule around all the guys.

Doooo it. There's never a bad seat in the building, it's small enough that even GA is only four or five rows back.

At least one unannounced former PWG champion will be in action at "Ten". Not too sure who they've booked, but if you look over the list of talent who fit that, it's a who's who of the indies. Hoping for Super Dragon or Tornado.

Punk's twitter now comes in video form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13FV1GaA20I&feature=share&list=PLl4T6p7km9dba5JgQ-otWzT-ozeecDbW8

Haven't been reading the thread lately but some cool news for me. I can't fucking wait!

http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/mia/downloads/y2012/LegendsofWrestling.pdf

Yes, the club that can boast the worst attendance in Major League Baseball in just the second season in a brand new ballpark is pulling out the stops on Aug 24 when they host a Legends of Wrestling Night which will feature over a dozen Hall of Famers, former World Champions and current professional wrestlers. You won’t get The Rock or Hulk Hogan, but former WWE/WCW Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg will throw out the first pitch, wrestlers will sign autographs during the game and then post-game there will be three to four wrestling matches inside the ring on the West Plaza of Marlins Park. While the list is subject to change, here’s who the Marlins have listed as appearing. No word on whether Jeffrey Loria or David Samson will be part of any cage matches:

* Bret “The Hitman” Hart (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Bill Goldberg (former WWE & WCW World Heavyweight Champion)

* Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake (former WWF Tag Team Champion)

* Koko B. Ware (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Jimmy “Mouth of the South” Hart (WWE Hall of Famer)

* The Nasty Boys (former WWF & WCW Tag Team Champions)

* Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart (former WWF Tag Team Champion)

* Bushwhacker Luke (former WWE superstar)

* The Genius (former WWE superstar)

* Mr. Anderson (former TNA World Heavyweight Champion)

* Chavo Guerrero (former WCW, WWE and TNA Tag Team Champion)

* Davey Boy Smith, Jr. (former WWE Tag Team Champion)

* Wes Brisco (current TNA superstar)

* Garett Bischoff (current TNA superstar)

Haven't been reading the thread lately but some cool news for me. I can't fucking wait!

Yes, the club that can boast the worst attendance in Major League Baseball in just the second season in a brand new ballpark is pulling out the stops on Aug 24 when they host a Legends of Wrestling Night which will feature over a dozen Hall of Famers, former World Champions and current professional wrestlers. You won’t get The Rock or Hulk Hogan, but former WWE/WCW Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg will throw out the first pitch, wrestlers will sign autographs during the game and then post-game there will be three to four wrestling matches inside the ring on the West Plaza of Marlins Park. While the list is subject to change, here’s who the Marlins have listed as appearing. No word on whether Jeffrey Loria or David Samson will be part of any cage matches:

* Bret “The Hitman” Hart (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Bill Goldberg (former WWE & WCW World Heavyweight Champion)

* Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake (former WWF Tag Team Champion)

* Koko B. Ware (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Jimmy “Mouth of the South” Hart (WWE Hall of Famer)

* The Nasty Boys (former WWF & WCW Tag Team Champions)

* Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart (former WWF Tag Team Champion)

* Bushwhacker Luke (former WWE superstar)

* The Genius (former WWE superstar)

* Mr. Anderson (former TNA World Heavyweight Champion)

* Chavo Guerrero (former WCW, WWE and TNA Tag Team Champion)

* Davey Boy Smith, Jr. (former WWE Tag Team Champion)

* Wes Brisco (current TNA superstar)

* Garett Bischoff (current TNA superstar)
Huh. Well living in the area, I'll consider it. This is definitely an odd idea.

Yes, the club that can boast the worst attendance in Major League Baseball in just the second season in a brand new ballpark is pulling out the stops on Aug 24 when they host a Legends of Wrestling Night which will feature over a dozen Hall of Famers, former World Champions and current professional wrestlers. You won’t get The Rock or Hulk Hogan, but former WWE/WCW Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg will throw out the first pitch, wrestlers will sign autographs during the game and then post-game there will be three to four wrestling matches inside the ring on the West Plaza of Marlins Park. While the list is subject to change, here’s who the Marlins have listed as appearing. No word on whether Jeffrey Loria or David Samson will be part of any cage matches:

* Bret “The Hitman” Hart (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Bill Goldberg (former WWE & WCW World Heavyweight Champion)

* Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake (former WWF Tag Team Champion)

* Koko B. Ware (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Jimmy “Mouth of the South” Hart (WWE Hall of Famer)

* The Nasty Boys (former WWF & WCW Tag Team Champions)

* Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart (former WWF Tag Team Champion)

* Bushwhacker Luke (former WWE superstar)

* The Genius (former WWE superstar)

* Mr. Anderson (former TNA World Heavyweight Champion)

* Chavo Guerrero (former WCW, WWE and TNA Tag Team Champion)

* Davey Boy Smith, Jr. (former WWE Tag Team Champion)

* Wes Brisco (current TNA superstar)

* Garett Bischoff (current TNA superstar)
Man, seeing that list...goodtimes. Now to YT some Brutus Beefcake/Greg Valentine matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back