The Wii VC Thread - 12/31/07: Bubble Bobble, Light Crusader, Top Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KingBroly']You missed one thing though:

Zelda 2 on Monday as the 100th game. Meaning 4 games instead of 3.

Also Dead Moon was confirmed by Hudson. Another Shmup.[/QUOTE]
Bout damn time Zelda 2 came along. Mario 2 better not take long to follow as the UK just got it last week.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Just give us SMRPG/Paper Mario and all will be well.[/QUOTE]
Heck, I'm willing to settle for just Kirby's Dream Course at this point, or at least word that it's been rated by the ESRB.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Heck, I'm willing to settle for just Kirby's Dream Course at this point, or at least word that it's been rated by the ESRB.[/quote]

Ooooh, Kirby Superstar... why haven't we heard anything about that yet? And agreed that we need less Shmups and more rpgs.

(I know you said dream course and not superstar, but I'm rather focused right now)

[quote name='Purple Flames']Just give us SMRPG/Paper Mario and all will be well.[/QUOTE]
Considering that Zelda II announcement, we probably won't be seeing those next week.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Ooooh, Kirby Superstar... why haven't we heard anything about that yet? And agreed that we need less Shmups and more rpgs.

(I know you said dream course and not superstar, but I'm rather focused right now)[/quote]
I'm pretty sure Kirby Superstar was slated for a 2007 release date in North America via the ESRB website.

More shmups?!?! Sweet! We don't have enough already...sigh.

Whats with that? Do they just sell very well or are they just very easy to port?

[quote name='GizmoGC']More shmups?!?! Sweet! We don't have enough already...sigh.

Whats with that? Do they just sell very well or are they just very easy to port?[/quote]I'm starting to think that diversity of games (or lack thereof) might be the reason the TG-16 didn't do much.

[quote name='botticus']I'm starting to think that diversity of games (or lack thereof) might be the reason the TG-16 didn't do much.[/QUOTE]

TG16 was either schmups or Adventure games. I just want Super Mario RPG :cry:

[quote name='GizmoGC']I just want Super Mario RPG :cry:[/QUOTE]

best quote today! :cry:

However, if we DO get Paper Mario soon (as in this month, maybe early next) then I'll let it slide on the SMRPG wait :)

[quote name='lilboo']However, if we DO get Paper Mario soon (as in this month, maybe early next) then I'll let it slide on the SMRPG wait[/QUOTE]
I won't. The Paper Mario games (Super Paper Mario aside) have always felt like a boring run-from-point-A-to-point-B excercise in tedium to me. The "sidequests" in the franchise were some of the most boring fetch quests I've ever had to slog through. The one saving grace was the script, which was always witty and entertaining.

Paper Mario is no substitute for Super Mario RPG! ... Or Kirby's Dream Course.

I didn't remember the TG-16 being the worst console ever, but the VC is reminding me how much crap was on it.

[quote name='GizmoGC']TG16 was either schmups or Adventure games. I just want Super Mario RPG :cry:[/quote]So do I, but I think Nintendo is going to probably release it either this fall to boost up VC sales during holiday season or if not then idk when, lol. So lets see right now my list of must haves is Super Metroid, Star Fox, Pilotwings, Kirby anything, Super Mario Rpg, Paper Mario, umm yeah. Lets go Nintendo, lol...

Guys, you need to remember that SMRPG is probably a lot more iffy than everything else in terms of who has the say in when its released. Yeah, Nintendo published it, which you would think would usually be enough, but Square isn't your ordinary developer. And we all know how they feel about the rest of their RPGs on the VC right now.

[quote name='botticus']Guys, you need to remember that SMRPG is probably a lot more iffy than everything else in terms of who has the say in when its released. Yeah, Nintendo published it, which you would think would usually be enough, but Square isn't your ordinary developer. And we all know how they feel about the rest of their RPGs on the VC right now.[/quote]fuck Square.

[quote name='botticus']Guys, you need to remember that SMRPG is probably a lot more iffy than everything else in terms of who has the say in when its released. Yeah, Nintendo published it, which you would think would usually be enough, but Square isn't your ordinary developer. And we all know how they feel about the rest of their RPGs on the VC right now.[/QUOTE]

The whining keeps coming because the ESRB had it up there for a day or so and all the news sites ran with it months ago, as some kind of secret confirmation that Nintendo was in fact going to release it.

Nintendo hasn't said anything yet about it, so I just pretend like it's not coming.

These threads are getting stupid since it seems on every page someone goes "WHERE IS SUPER MARIO RPG WAH".

Personally I'd rather have Earthbound & Super Metroid before Mario RPG, but that's just me. I assume they're saving Super Metroid for around the time Prime 3 comes out though, and I assume Earthbound will never be on there(just like we're never getting the original NES version or the recent GBA sequal), because apparently Nintendo doesn't want us to have it.

[quote name='Roufuss']The whining keeps coming because the ESRB had it up there for a day or so and all the news sites ran with it months ago, as some kind of secret confirmation that Nintendo was in fact going to release it.

Nintendo hasn't said anything yet about it, so I just pretend like it's not coming.

These threads are getting stupid since it seems on every page someone goes "WHERE IS SUPER MARIO RPG WAH".[/quote] I second that. It seems like all the posts go something like this:

"When will Nintendo release something worthwhile like SMRPG instead of crap on the Virtual Console"

'Who cares about Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage 2 etc, it's not SMRPG!!!"

Ok, we get it people. We all want it, but people don't need to complain about it not being out every other post.

[quote name='robin2099']I second that. It seems like all the posts go something like this:

"When will Nintendo release something worthwhile like SMRPG instead of crap on the Virtual Console"

'Who cares about Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage 2 etc, it's not SMRPG!!!"

Ok, we get it people. We all want it, but people don't need to complain about it not being out every other post.[/quote]

I think it's more that Ninja Gaiden and Streets of Rage have both been rehashed multiple times over the years in various forms, while other games like Earthbound, Super Metroid, and Mario RPG haven't seen release in any form since their respective releases well over 10 years ago.

Ugh, so all we're getting monday is Zelda II?

When the hell is Super Mario RPG coming to the Virtual Console? I'm sick of these crappy games.

;) ;)

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']Personally I'd rather have Earthbound & Super Metroid before Mario RPG, but that's just me. I assume they're saving Super Metroid for around the time Prime 3 comes out though, and I assume Earthbound will never be on there(just like we're never getting the original NES version or the recent GBA sequal), because apparently Nintendo doesn't want us to have it.[/quote]

What GBA sequel to Earthbound is that? (Or were you talking about a GBA sequel to Metroid?)

I'm going to put after every post I make in here "This sucks, where is Super Mario Bros 3, damn it Nintendo!", I figure I might as well join in on the crying parade.

This sucks, where is Super Mario Bros 3, damn it Nintendo!

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm going to put after every post I make in here "This sucks, where is Super Mario Bros 3, damn it Nintendo!", I figure I might as well join in on the crying parade.

This sucks, where is Super Mario Bros 3, damn it Nintendo![/quote]Join the club we all want that game too, lol. fuck you Nintendo.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I won't. The Paper Mario games (Super Paper Mario aside) have always felt like a boring run-from-point-A-to-point-B excercise in tedium to me. The "sidequests" in the franchise were some of the most boring fetch quests I've ever had to slog through. The one saving grace was the script, which was always witty and entertaining.

Paper Mario is no substitute for Super Mario RPG! ... Or Kirby's Dream Course.[/QUOTE]

I whole heartily agree. Besides, I already beat Paper Mario and I can never seem to muster up the strength to finish off SMRPG.

don't they have to clear super mario rpg with square enix? i recall square saying they didn't want anything on PSN, XBL, or VC yet.

[quote name='panasonic']don't they have to clear super mario rpg with square enix? i recall square saying they didn't want anything on PSN, XBL, or VC yet.[/QUOTE]

Actraiser was an Enix game back in the day and bears the developer name Square-Enix on the download so I think we're safe on that front now.

As an aside, I've got an extra 500 points. What should I buy with them (Only NES game I own is Punch Out and I'm not buying Zelda because of the GC pack).

[quote name='furyk']Actraiser was an Enix game back in the day and bears the developer name Square-Enix on the download so I think we're safe on that front now.

As an aside, I've got an extra 500 points. What should I buy with them (Only NES game I own is Punch Out and I'm not buying Zelda because of the GC pack).[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden fo sho.

Castlevania is awesome too.

[quote name='furyk']Actraiser was an Enix game back in the day and bears the developer name Square-Enix on the download so I think we're safe on that front now.

As an aside, I've got an extra 500 points. What should I buy with them (Only NES game I own is Punch Out and I'm not buying Zelda because of the GC pack).[/quote]Ninja Gaiden or Ice Hockey!!

As an aside, I've got an extra 500 points. What should I buy with them (Only NES game I own is Punch Out and I'm not buying Zelda because of the GC pack).[/quote]

Ice Hockey is probably the most fun hockey game I've ever played. That's no joke.

Kid Icarus is another good choice. Even with the use of passwords being nerfed, it's still the same great game it's always been. Whereas SMB and Zelda have been remade 34532490857 times, Kid Icarus had a stint on the GBA Famicom Mini series and that (I believe) has been it. Since it costs a ton to import that, getting it on the VC is the best way to have it short of acquiring the actual cartridge.

If neither of those sound good, wait for Ninja Gaiden II. You won't be disappointed.

[quote name='Purple Flames']No more shmups dammit! We're practically picking them out of our teeth.[/quote]

Sacrilege!

I ain't buying no TG16 on ebay just to play those games when I can get 'em on my Wii for $6.

Hudson et al, you just keep on doing what yer doing.

Y'all need to relax, SMRPG or will get on there soon enough. ;)

Tomorrow we've got Zelda II and Dead Moon confirmed, along with two extras. It's a 4 game day as Nintendo celebrates the 100th Virtual Console release.

[quote name='JJSP']Tomorrow we've got Zelda II and Dead Moon confirmed, along with two extras. It's a 4 game day as Nintendo celebrates the 100th Virtual Console release.[/QUOTE]

If they want to celebrate something, then give us a PARTY.. hint hint Mario Party 1 :)
[/wishful thinking]

But seriously, I hope we get 2 other really good games. It'd be nice to have 4 games, huzzah!

[quote name='JJSP']Tomorrow we've got Zelda II and Dead Moon confirmed, along with two extras. It's a 4 game day as Nintendo celebrates the 100th Virtual Console release.[/QUOTE]

Is Zelda 2 the 100th game, and then 3 games after it, or is it three games and THEN Zelda 2 is the 100th?

I'm gonna have to say, tomorrow will probably be shit, Nintendo doesn't want to overshadow Zelda 2 as being the 100th game.

I won't have access to the shop for another month after tomorrow, since I'm ditching the HORRIBLE wifi adapter and won't have wireless until I get to my new place at the end of June... so hopefully tomorrow at least has one other good title.

I'm kinda crossing my fingers for Zombies Ate My Neighbors or Toe Jam & Earl II.

To the best of my knowledge, the regular three will be 97-99, and Zelda II is 100. Not totally sure though, because of everything cleared for release, Zelda II doesn't seem like the "flagship" 100th game. Personally, I hated it.

I think I read somewhere that we're at 96 games, so it could be whatever 3 were planned and then Zelda on top of them. I'd wager one SNES and one Genesis game.

[quote name='furyk']As an aside, I've got an extra 500 points. What should I buy with them (Only NES game I own is Punch Out and I'm not buying Zelda because of the GC pack).[/QUOTE]
Kirby's Adventure!!

[quote name='JJSP']I'm kinda crossing my fingers for Zombies Ate My Neighbors or Toe Jam & Earl II.

To the best of my knowledge, the regular three will be 97-99, and Zelda II is 100. Not totally sure though, because of everything cleared for release, Zelda II doesn't seem like the "flagship" 100th game. Personally, I hated it.[/quote]

I'm thinking Panic on funkotron should be out sometime soon, sega said it would be out by around the end of may.

Can't wait to get my funk on! \\:D/

[quote name='JJSP']I'm kinda crossing my fingers for Zombies Ate My Neighbors or Toe Jam & Earl II.

To the best of my knowledge, the regular three will be 97-99, and Zelda II is 100. Not totally sure though, because of everything cleared for release, Zelda II doesn't seem like the "flagship" 100th game. Personally, I hated it.[/quote]Zombies Ate My Neighbors would be an awesome game tomorrow to celebrate 100 VC games. I loved that game. Also I hated Zelda II, ok I liked the idea of Zelda II but it was just pulled off horribly in my opinion.

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']Personally I'd rather have Earthbound & Super Metroid before Mario RPG, but that's just me. I assume they're saving Super Metroid for around the time Prime 3 comes out though, and I assume Earthbound will never be on there(just like we're never getting the original NES version or the recent GBA sequal), because apparently Nintendo doesn't want us to have it.[/QUOTE]
I agree on earthbound, but only because I still have my SMRPG and Super metroid still hooked up to my tv...

[quote name='J35U5']I'm thinking Panic on funkotron should be out sometime soon, sega said it would be out by around the end of may.

Can't wait to get my funk on! \\:D/[/quote]You made a fine guess.

Milon's Secret Castle (NES)
TJ&E in Panic on Funkotron (Gen)
Dead Moon (TG-16)
Zelda II (NES)

[quote name='botticus']You made a fine guess.

Milon's Secret Castle (NES)
TJ&E in Panic on Funkotron (Gen)
Dead Moon (TG-16)
Zelda II (NES)[/QUOTE]

Another week of nothing for me, but thanks.

Thanks Botticus :)
Here's the one from "Nintendo Press"

Milon's Secret Castle® (NES®, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Comic Mischief, 500 Wii Points): It is a world where music is the language of the people. An evil warlord from the north arrives and captures the castle. The princess is imprisoned deep within the castle, and the world's musical instruments are taken and hidden away. Our hero, Milon, takes it upon himself to fight the warlord, rescue the princess and recover the people's musical instruments. He has only his wits and the magical Bubble to aid him on his quest. Help Milon along the way by looking for hidden doors, finding secret items and defeating fierce enemies. Make sure to look for the shops inside the castle, where you can buy hints and valuable items. Whenever Milon finds a Music Box, he will be transported to a bonus stage. Each instrument you find will add a layer to the background music. Try to grab all seven instruments to create a performance worthy of a music-themed game.

ToeJam & Earl™ in Panic on Funkotron (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone - Comic Mischief, 800 Wii Points): During ToeJam and Earl's trip back home, a number of Earthlings hitchhiked on their spaceship and are now infesting planet Funkotron. ToeJam and Earl must track down the Earthlings in order to capture them in large jars and ship them back to Earth in spaceships. It is also their funky mission to find 10 beloved objects belonging to Lamont the "Funkapotamus," the source of all funk in the universe, so they can persuade him to return to his favorite funk-filled planet. ToeJam and Earl must use their "funk powers," such as Funk Move and Funk Scan, to assist in evading and capturing the Earthlings.

Dead Moon (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, 600 Wii Points): This side-scrolling shooter includes a total of six scenes spanning areas from Earth to the moon. The story begins with a comet discovered in the vicinity of Pluto that is headed on a sudden collision course with Earth. Mankind narrowly succeeds in diverting the comet's course, and it crashes into the moon. However, investigations into the damage uncover that what hit the moon was not a comet, but a gigantic mother ship. Power up your ship, destroy enemies and fight your way through the bosses in an attempt to reach the moon's core and protect Earth from alien invasion. Enjoy the unique world of Dead Moon, including various stages with beautiful backgrounds, a power-up system that increases your attack as well as your defense and bosses that have you altering your ship's direction to fight them.

... and the 100th game in the Wii Shop Channel:

Zelda II™ - The Adventure of Link® (NES, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): Link returns to Hyrule to search for the Triforce and to awaken Zelda from an endless sleep. Embark on a quest to find the Triforce of Courage and save Hyrule from ruin. Learn magic spells, talk to people in towns to get clues, collect items to increase your power and explore six palaces where the underlings of the evil Ganon await you. This sequel to the Adventure classic uses a side-scrolling visual engine unique to the series for more technical combat, and features more in-depth world roaming as Link encounters townsfolk while on his quest.

I never heard of Milion's Secret Castle.

Question: How different is Panic on Funkatron different from the first Toejam & Earl? I had bought the first one (on VC) because I thought I remembered liking it..and was greatly disappointed. :(

And it's funny, they release 4 games and somehow Zelda is the 100th one.. lol :roll:

Anyway, nothing for me this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back