The Wombat Journal

Wow is that job #3 in like a 9 month period. Im actually scared to go into the job market so soon after getting a new job. Ive been at my firm since May and I know I can get a higher paying job elsewhere but I don't want the stygma that I can't stay at one place for more than a few months.
nevertheless, good luck!!!!
I guess ur having an extra long christmas break!

Any insights into ur new job?

[quote name='Wombat']im typing this with my wii, pretty nifty. im sure ill never do this again :)[/QUOTE]

Cute. Just make sure to disinfect the keyboard when you're done.

[quote name='Wombat']im typing this with my wii, pretty nifty. im sure ill never do this again :)[/quote]

Sounds dirty, I tried that once, but hitting the spacebar with my balls is difficult. (shameless Wii joke)

[quote name='Wombat']Well one small update. I am officially Unemployed until Jan 2nd (when my new, new job starts) and lets all hope this is the good one. I will be fine for money as I made one big sale right before I said good bye. So all in all things seemed to have worked out, for now. Oh and this stomach Virus isnt all gone yet, so at least I get to rest up.[/quote]

I hope you feel better. Stomach viruses are a bitch

wow, wombat you sound just like a sissy.
I don't think anybody will give you a job with a voice like that, oh wait maybe as a sissy journalist.

come on make my day and ban me show us how sissy's react!

Dear Wombat , My Gf just beat Castlevania: Portarit Of Ruin and she wants to know how far along you're in the game and which was the hardest boss for you. Also she wants to know how much time you might have wasted back tracking to get money in the game to progress further along to buy health to beat some of the harder parts in the game?

well, I am bumping this too, as I tend to always bump this thread when I decide I need a new job. Anyhoo I am off to the Madden launch in about 5 minutes and just wanted to vent for a minute that I need a better job so people can tell me how I need serious mental help. I will try to post any good madden dirt when I get back, if there is any. Hopefully when I get home I will be able to play the Bioshock demo. At least I have my priorities straight.

ZOMG, this thread lives! Sort of.

Yes, Wombat, you're out of your mind. At least Mrs. Wombat has a kick ass job. ;)

wombat tell me if madden 08 is worth it or if i shud just let my relatives get it for me for christmas

hey wombat,
you mentioned that you were having problems with staying connected on the ps3. try disabling the media server connection under the network settings. this worked for me. best of luck.

you were hired by microsoft this time right? That would be good then you would be able attend the E3 and other trade shows with Cheapy.

[quote name='MSUnman']you were hired by microsoft this time right? That would be good then you would be able attend the E3 and other trade shows with Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

I do not work for Microsoft, not even close, the company I work for now has about 7 employees. So no good trade shows for me. Oh and the Madden event was a snoozefest, but more on that for the CAGcast

[quote name='Wombat']I do not work for Microsoft, not even close, the company I work for now has about 7 employees. So no good trade shows for me. Oh and the Madden event was a snoozefest, but more on that for the CAGcast[/quote]

Do you ever worry your boss or someone else at your company listens to the CAGcast or browses the forums? I'd think publicly advertising your dissatisfaction with your job on the Internets is a good way to lose it.

Of course, with Mrs. Wombat's new salary, you may not have to worry about that too much. ;)

[quote name='Tybee']Do you ever worry your boss or someone else at your company listens to the CAGcast or browses the forums? I'd think publicly advertising your dissatisfaction with your job on the Internets is a good way to lose it.

Of course, with Mrs. Wombat's new salary, you may not have to worry about that too much. ;)[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully you get a job you enjoy in the industry sometime sooner than later. Glad to see the thread resurrected, and I'm looking forward to the CAGcast.

[quote name='Wombat']I have thought about that too, but I doubt they are reading a thread called the Wombat Journal[/quote]

And if they are who cares, Wombat your not crazy we all want a job that we like to go to everyday. But the problem always for me seems to be I can't get paid enough for a Job I want to do. I have been at my job 5 years as of Sunday so I understand the want for something new. Have you ever thought of going back to your old Job not the milk sniffing one?

[quote name='Wombat']I have thought about that too, but I doubt they are reading a thread called the Wombat Journal[/QUOTE]
Aha! I've finally caught you!! I'm actually your boss Wombat! Now face my wrath, or the alternative consequence, keep your job if you give me free goodies!

I infiltrated this site after several reports of your dissatisfaction with us, were posted into the intarwebs.

Just kiddin, you'll never get your comeuppance, do you hear me? No comeuppance!

[quote name='Kfoster1979']And if they are who cares, Wombat your not crazy we all want a job that we like to go to everyday. But the problem always for me seems to be I can't get paid enough for a Job I want to do. I have been at my job 5 years as of Sunday so I understand the want for something new. Have you ever thought of going back to your old Job not the milk sniffing one?[/QUOTE

Looking back, I only remember the good points, but there was a reason I left. They are still people I talk too regularly and they were all at my wedding, so they may be helpful but I wouldn't go back.

[quote name='Wombat']Looking back, I only remember the good points, but there was a reason I left. They are still people I talk too regularly and they were all at my wedding, so they may be helpful but I wouldn't go back.[/quote]
I know how that is. I miss several aspects of the job I had before this one. But if I went back, it wouldn't be the same. All of the people I most enjoyed working with moved on around the same time I did, and even if they hadn't, it still wouldn't be the same. Even if nothing else changes, you do.

To quote Heraclitus, by way of Disney's Pocahontas, "You can't step in the same river twice."

EDIT: No, I'm not high.

Of all the jobs I had I hated my last one the most. I used to work for KFC and then went to a tech support Job supporitng Sidekicks & Blackberries making double as much and more. So I definitely do not miss my old job or the poeple working there cause they were all A-Holes. To this day I can not eat KFC *shakes* and that was 3 years ago. I think Wombat is safe for his Boss not to read his stuff here because I am very sure that his real name is not Wombat lol..... would be funny though if it was.

Last night I received a response to a resume I sent out. It was an email interview, she actually emailed me the questions she would have asked in person. They were specific to my resume but really you couldn't have called, I have type out my answers, I better get called in after that.

[quote name='Wombat']Last night I received a response to a resume I sent out. It was an email interview, she actually emailed me the questions she would have asked in person. They were specific to my resume but really you couldn't have called, I have type out my answers, I better get called in after that.[/quote]
What kind of job is this, Wombat?

You better not be getting into the telemarketing business, or else I'll have to kick your ass.

[quote name='yukine']What kind of job is this, Wombat?

You better not be getting into the telemarketing business, or else I'll have to kick your ass.[/QUOTE]

No, not at all, its a senior position for a large national non-for-profit organization. just odd

[quote name='Wombat']Last night I received a response to a resume I sent out. It was an email interview, she actually emailed me the questions she would have asked in person. They were specific to my resume but really you couldn't have called, I have type out my answers, I better get called in after that.[/quote]
I went through this once or twice. There was a pre-interview, and then sometimes even a pre- pre-interview, where they'd ask a few questions by e-mail, THEN call and do an informal (but not really) interview, and THEN call you in to actually talk to real live people. And after all that I decided they were assholes and I would happily take less money to work elsewhere...which I did.

On a side note, my best friend just called his boss just laid him off from a job he has had for 5 years. Also my wife's Great Uncle just passed away so it looks like its going to be one of those days.

Those prescreening emails are actually a lot more common than you think. I once had to fill out a 5 page website thing with radio buttons with questions. I guess it saves them time. I hope ur day got better.

You sound nice enough and you have a great sense of humor. And from the few podcast I've heard you do have the industry knowledge so I bid you luck. In the event that you do get what you're looking for (pockets full of cash) don't ever forget where you came from and get cocky. There's an old Chinese saying that goes "man with hands in pocket, feels cocky" (feel free to use Chinese accent when reading this, it helps).

[quote name='Silverwolf']You sound nice enough and you have a great sense of humor. And from the few podcast I've heard you do have the industry knowledge so I bid you luck. In the event that you do get what you're looking for (pockets full of cash) don't ever forget where you came from and get cocky. There's an old Chinese saying that goes "man with hands in pocket, feels cocky" (feel free to use Chinese accent when reading this, it helps).[/QUOTE]

And the "out of left field" post of the year award goes to...

Congratulations on your new PSP!

May I recommend you pick up "Crush" for PSP from Sega?

It's a fun platformer with unique controls.

[quote name='Silverwolf']You sound nice enough and you have a great sense of humor. And from the few podcast I've heard you do have the industry knowledge so I bid you luck. In the event that you do get what you're looking for (pockets full of cash) don't ever forget where you came from and get cocky. There's an old Chinese saying that goes "man with hands in pocket, feels cocky" (feel free to use Chinese accent when reading this, it helps).[/quote]
wtf??????8-[

I would like to make a few comic recommendations.

The Ron Marz run of Witchblade is really really good. Not just a TNA book anymore good story and the First Born is great so far.

Also, I can't believe you aren't reading the Sinestro Corps attack. This is a Green Lantern story at its best. The entire corps being attacked on galactic scale with implications for the whole multiverse.

Practice for my new blog (bare with me)

Team Fortress 2; or how I learned to stop worrying and love the Medic

So, this weekend I spent a majority of my time playing Team Fortress 2, and I learned a few things not only about myself but human nature in general. I also learned that Valve needs to fix the lag issues ASAP. Any room over 8 people is like playing in a room full of gelatin dessert, hmmm ideas for Portal 2. Dedicated servers maybe, please.
Fixable problems aside, this is a game that values teamwork and tough decision making. Like ordering in a restaurant, you make your decision and that’s what you get. You can’t pick up someone’s leftover steak just because it’s more powerful than your chicken. That to me is what makes this game so unique, no running around looking for that super weapon in the middle of the board. If I am a scout I know what I got and I need to use it the best of my ability, or wait till I die and turn into an engineer. It is with that statement that I bring you what your TF2 character choice says about you:

The Scout: “don’t worry I got it” The person that picks the scout says he’s team player but deep down is really a glory hog. All offense, no defense, all about winning it for everyone and making sure we are all aware who stole that last check point. The closest thing to a high school football star in the game. Just be glad there is no friendly fire, because if there was he’d probably kill you for the briefcase just before you hit the basement.

The Soldier: “Rocket Launcher and a shotgun, this guy is gonna be awesome!” Ahhh the statement of a newbie, it’s easy to spot the new guy because they always pick the soldier and die quickly, but be warned dumb luck is sometimes on his side. On the bright side this guy is usually just happy to be playing and willing to take orders, just like a good soldier. He is usually the invited friend of a scout.

The Pyro: “Let’s go the em, I’ll stay here for a bit” The strong silent type, usually an experienced offensive player who likes the having the ability to fall back. Brags when he kills someone but rarely gets in the middle of the fight. Doesn’t take orders but doesn’t really make mistakes either. If you have a friend looking to get into your already full room, he’s the guy you should boot.

Stay tuned for parts 2 and 3 later today:

Wombat, cool, i hope they fix that lag issue you mentioned by the time i get OB. i might get it this week

ur practice is pretty good, not perfect, but not bad either, yet its higher than mediocre

good luck with the new job wombat:bow:
im 100% for it and congratulate u on 1 condition,you dont abandon the CAGs ;)
and if u do, i promise to post bad stuff on all ur articles u write for wherever ur going!
if its an internet site that is

but i know u wont abandon the CAGs :)

Pretty good overall, but it's "bear" with me.

Bare with me means "Let's take off our clothes together".

I see why you need an intern. ;)

bread's done
Back