The Wonderful 101 $29.99 @ Amazon/Target/GameStop/Best Buy ($23.99 GCU)

[quote name="Agadama" post="11378579" timestamp="1387827071"]Nope, PM will not allow a 20% GCU.[/quote]

Which is why we need them to follow suit. :)

that's you opinion ,but if sales were any indication more people agree with my opinion than yours. $20 or bust
Hahahaha, I wasn't aware we did the whole "sales make a game good" thing on here. By your logic Beyond Good & Evil is awful, along with Psychonauts, Okami and a ton more games. Are Wii Sports and Kinect Adventures considered great games by you since they both sold a ton?

lol "That's you opinion." Alright kid, you wait for that $20 price.
Grammar cop routine & the "your a kid" fallbacks in one reply. Bravo keyboard warrior. Keep raging on the fact that people dont think your favorite game is worth more than $20. Lol! Try harder next time cheif :)

Last edited by a moderator:
that's you opinion ,but if sales were any indication more people agree with my opinion than yours. $20 or bust
Well poor sales don't mean the game wasn't worth full price. It means Nintendo did a shitty job promoting it and I personally found the demo to be a mess because they did not explain the game mechanics well at all. So that may have turned a lot of people off as well (I know it did for me). I gave it a shot after getting a few recommendations and it really is awesome. There is a nice, long campaign, awesome over-the-top boss fights, and a really unique and fun combat system.

I feel that it is definitely a good price at $30. I wouldn't be surprised if it got cheaper, though.

Edit: In retrospect, my post was a little too civil for you. Let me end by saying you come across as an uneducated dick.

Hahahaha, I wasn't aware we did the whole "sales make a game good" thing on here. By your logic Beyond Good & Evil is awful, along with Psychonauts, Okami and a ton more games. Are Wii Sports and Kinect Adventures considered great games by you since they both sold a ton?
Reading comprehension bro try looking it up. Please show where i said sales make a good game. Also show where i said w101 was a bad game. Ill wait...

Claiming that it's only worth $20 based on how it sold is where you said it.  You should also probably try and stay away from criticizing peoples "comprehen" as you put it before you edited your post, and maybe work a little more on your spelling and grammar.  Go back to posting about MMA if you're not going to add anything worthwhile to the discussion.

Just picked it up at Target. New price didn't show up on register but I took it to guest services and they gave me advertised (29.99) price.

Well poor sales don't mean the game wasn't worth full price. It means Nintendo did a shitty job promoting it and I personally found the demo to be a mess because they did not explain the game mechanics well at all. So that may have turned a lot of people off as well (I know it did for me). I gave it a shot after getting a few recommendations and it really is awesome. There is a nice, long campaign, awesome over-the-top boss fights, and a really unique and fun combat system.

I feel that it is definitely a good price at $30. I wouldn't be surprised if it got cheaper, though.

Edit: In retrospect, my post was a little too civil for you. Let me end by saying you come across as an uneducated dick.
If my opinion on how i choose to spend my money angers you. You should probably re evaluate your life. You come across like a butthurt fanboy.

Lot of rage in this thread. Its christmas guys, relax.

Personally im excited to get this when BB lowers their price. Game looks like a lot of fun.

If my opinion on how i choose to spend my money angers you. You should probably re evaluate your life. You come across like a butthurt fanboy.
that's you opinion ,but if the posts were any indication more people agree with his opinion than yours. You're an uneducated dick or bust

Claiming that it's only worth $20 based on how it sold is where you said it. You should also probably try and stay away from criticizing peoples "comprehen" as you put it before you edited your post, and maybe work a little more on your spelling and grammar. Go back to posting about MMA if you're not going to add anything worthwhile to the discussion.
Its confimed your dumb. when you rage you tend to see what you want to see. The continued grammar cop routine & post history stalking shows just how desperate you are to get a upper hand in this "discussion". Keep raging bud.

that's you opinion ,but if the posts were any indication more people agree with his opinion than yours. You're an uneducated dick or bust
Your level of anger is amusing. The fact that you degenerated into a butthurt copy & paste troll is even more amusing. Lol! Bravo.

Just picked up my copy from Gamestop. All the copies on the shelves were already marked down, with new stickers. Ended up getting it for $21.29 after my coupon. Thanks again OP!

Just curious, do you know if they had a lot of copies?
At my Gamestop they only had one copy, the display copy and that is the one I got. I had told myself I was done buying games this year, but I actually bought this game used from Amazon Warehouse Deals about a month ago for $33 and they cancelled my order saying they didn't have it anymore - Glad I got it :)

seems like most of the Delaware Gamestops are running low or are out of it.  i stopped at 3 before finding it.  brand new and sealed. great price for a game i've wanted since i got my wii u

Everyone stop feeding this troll, notice the cag in training part? Yeah that means its a new account, he pretty much contributes nothing, also by the fact that he is making statements about a games worth when HE HAS NEVER OWNED IT!

His opinion is worthless therefore his posts should be ignored, don't demean yourself or take the topic further offtopic because of him.

Everyone stop feeding this troll, notice the cag in training part? Yeah that means its a new account, he pretty much contributes nothing, also by the fact that he is making statements about a games worth when HE HAS NEVER OWNED IT!

His opinion is worthless therefore his posts should be ignored, don't demean yourself or take the topic further offtopic because of him.
Are you reffering to me Just wondering.?

Garbage game. Only nerds with the urge to have every niche game can find reason in buying it. Typical comments. "Must have because it's rare" "it's got to be good...it's niche" "if you don't like it than you are playing call of duty" " I paid full price so it's great...on 100th play through" " if you stick with it it's the best game ever!!!". Can't wait to see people post their reassurance post tomorrow. *eats popcorn*

A shame this didn't sell better. Sheeples too busy playing call of duty to play a real game. Will still wait for this to go under $20 like most Platinum games. Although with Nintendo publishing this, that day may never come. Hmmm...

Garbage game. Only nerds with the urge to have every niche game can find reason in buying it. Typical comments. "Must have because it's rare" "it's got to be good...it's niche" "if you don't like it than you are playing call of duty" " I paid full price so it's great...on 100th play through" " if you stick with it it's the best game ever!!!". Can't wait to see people post their reassurance post tomorrow. *eats popcorn*
What didn't you like about it? I haven't picked it up yet, but I'm thinking about using a $10 credit at GameStop to get it for $20. I haven't seen too many negative things about it from people that have actually played it. I would love to hear a well thought out, negative review on it.

What didn't you like about it? I haven't picked it up yet, but I'm thinking about using a $10 credit at GameStop to get it for $20. I haven't seen too many negative things about it from people that have actually played it. I would love to hear a well thought out, negative review on it.
Y u take the troll bait?

Sold! Now the only major Wii U release I'm missing from 2013 is Game & Wario. Nintendo, I'm supporting your hot mess of a console until we go down like the Titanic.

Go to GameStop, and find a display copy on the shelf. Worker looks for a copy... any copy... before telling me they are "sold out".

I ask, why do you have this game on your shelves, if you have zero stock (even when the tag shows the new price)? "Nintendo makes us advertise, nothing we can do about it."

Ok, thanks for nothing.

Go to Target, and find plenty of copies. Great. Except it rings up $60 at the register. Uh oh. I explain that their website has it for half off. I get directed to Customer Service to price match. Luckily I had an iPod and Target has Guest WiFi, so I show them the website, and they look at my device as if it were some chinese knockoff. Ok, cool, I'd be leery after I got hit with an information leak, too.

Eventually they check their own little devices (iPad of some sort) and give defeat. I walk out with my copy... paid in cash, of course.

i was going to buy it i passed on it = ) instead i bought super smash bros melee for 33 complete = ) sorry wonderful 101 you cannot compete with that lol 

I played the demo and couldn't figure out wtf was going on. Seemed overly complicated, and then I hear you have to like draw on the screen? And finding the weakness in certain enemies while you are controlling a bunch of characters and there's a ton of stuff going on on-screen and you can't tell your guys apart from the enemies and yeah, I dunno. Maybe the demo was just bad, it drops you in without telling you what to do really.

Grabbed it from Gamestop. Thanks, OP! Painless experience as long as you call ahead of time to verify stock (the GS site isn't very specific) and make sure they have sealed copies, not opened shelf copies. I asked them to hold it, which they did.

I played the demo and couldn't figure out wtf was going on. Seemed overly complicated, and then I hear you have to like draw on the screen? And finding the weakness in certain enemies while you are controlling a bunch of characters and there's a ton of stuff going on on-screen and you can't tell your guys apart from the enemies and yeah, I dunno. Maybe the demo was just bad, it drops you in without telling you what to do really.
After playing it for awhile, you get the hang of it. The demo gives you a bunch of power ups and drop you directly into combat. It would be best to start from the beginning because it takes some time to get good and be able to launch enemies into the air and do combos.

Aww yeah! Got a couple coupons from some Gamestop/Nintendo event this past weekend at a local mall. $5 off a new copy of select Nintendo games and Wonderful 101 is one of them

I hate all the stereotypical posts that go along with this game being mentioned.

Personally I think its the best Wii U game yet by far (when you consider WWHD is not a new experience).

Its not the type of game that appeals to the majority.  Gaming HAS become more casual and just like most people don't go for the spiciest food,  people don't jump on the toughest games anymore.

I enjoyed it alot,  only played through once and haven't gone back yet because I'm playing Call of Duty alot lately (yes there are people that enjoy niche games AND insanely popular shooters).

You shouldn't buy this game based on some recommendation on a forum.  Go youtube some gameplay footage and see what its all about.

The game didn't sell well, for whatever reason,  so a price drop makes sense.  For people that didn't bite at 60 or even 40 dollars, this is a good deal especially for a Christmas present.

It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

I hate all the stereotypical posts that go along with this game being mentioned.

Personally I think its the best Wii U game yet by far (when you consider WWHD is not a new experience).

Its not the type of game that appeals to the majority. Gaming HAS become more casual and just like most people don't go for the spiciest food, people don't jump on the toughest games anymore.

I enjoyed it alot, only played through once and haven't gone back yet because I'm playing Call of Duty alot lately (yes there are people that enjoy niche games AND insanely popular shooters).

You shouldn't buy this game based on some recommendation on a forum. Go youtube some gameplay footage and see what its all about.

The game didn't sell well, for whatever reason, so a price drop makes sense. For people that didn't bite at 60 or even 40 dollars, this is a good deal especially for a Christmas present.

It really is the most wonderful time of the year!
the best new Wii u experience belongs to Super mario 3D world sorry not this , the game seems like a big mess it will be 20 by jan/feb

Sold! Now the only major Wii U release I'm missing from 2013 is Game & Wario. Nintendo, I'm supporting your hot mess of a console until we go down like the Titanic.
Lol, It is a hot mess in a lot of ways but it also has delivered some amazing exclusives already!

Nintendo published the game. It has about as much chance of being ported as Bayonetta 2.
They Published and more importantly funded Development and own the IP apparently...

the best new Wii u experience belongs to Super mario 3D world sorry not this , the game seems like a big mess it will be 20 by jan/feb

Personally
He said personally. Never does TTN state that his opinion is all-knowing. You have nothing to be sorry for other than being really rude. Seriously, can we let people say what they want without trying to correct their opinion with their own opinion? This is getting really annoying and to the point where a lot of people think their opinion should trump others for the sake of it. If you're going to critique the game, be constructive and not like some random YouTube comment "oh lol it sux." Especially when you say it "seems" and obviously have no experience other than second-hand knowledge.

ANYWAY, if anyone has some actual objections to the game, I'd love to hear it. I'm planning out a GOTY podcast soon and I still have Sonic Lost Worlds, Monster Hunter, and Lego City to get through, I wanna know if Wonderful 101 should get a bump in my backlog or not.

bread's done
Back