The Wonderful 101 $29.99 @ Amazon/Target/GameStop/Best Buy ($23.99 GCU)

Lol, It is a hot mess in a lot of ways but it also has delivered some amazing exclusives already!
I'm seriously enjoying the hell out of my Wii U. I own a hearty amount of VC and downloadable games for it. I really want the thing to succeed. It's the terrible name that will forever be the barrier. Nintendo really needed to either: A: give an all-new name to the system B: add something obviously signaling a successor (like Wii 2 or Super Wii), or made the console design something elaborate and different. When you look at the Wii U it looks like the Wii when the gamepad is sitting next to it. If Microsoft can manage to successfully brand "Xbox One" and not cause confusion among the market, Nintendo can recover. With that said, again, I love this console. Mario 3D World kicks ass, Rayman Legends was my childhood handheld dream with off-screen play, and overall couch multiplayer is awesome. I haven't had one friend hang out session with more than 2 people that hasn't resulted in the Wii U being on at some point.

He said personally. Never does TTN state that his opinion is all-knowing. You have nothing to be sorry for other than being really rude. Seriously, can we let people say what they want without trying to correct their opinion with their own opinion? This is getting really annoying and to the point where a lot of people think their opinion should trump others for the sake of it. If you're going to critique the game, be constructive and not like some random YouTube comment "oh lol it sux." Especially when you say it "seems" and obviously have no experience other than second-hand knowledge.

ANYWAY, if anyone has some actual objections to the game, I'd love to hear it. I'm planning out a GOTY podcast soon and I still have Sonic Lost Worlds, Monster Hunter, and Lego City to get through, I wanna know if Wonderful 101 should get a bump in my backlog or not.
never said it sucked just saying it isn't superior to SM3DW

He said personally. Never does TTN state that his opinion is all-knowing. You have nothing to be sorry for other than being really rude. Seriously, can we let people say what they want without trying to correct their opinion with their own opinion? This is getting really annoying and to the point where a lot of people think their opinion should trump others for the sake of it. If you're going to critique the game, be constructive and not like some random YouTube comment "oh lol it sux." Especially when you say it "seems" and obviously have no experience other than second-hand knowledge.

ANYWAY, if anyone has some actual objections to the game, I'd love to hear it. I'm planning out a GOTY podcast soon and I still have Sonic Lost Worlds, Monster Hunter, and Lego City to get through, I wanna know if Wonderful 101 should get a bump in my backlog or not.
It should, but you should know you're not going to get it right away. It takes time to learn and know the ins and outs of the game.

Everyone stop feeding this troll, notice the cag in training part? Yeah that means its a new account, he pretty much contributes nothing, also by the fact that he is making statements about a games worth when HE HAS NEVER OWNED IT!

His opinion is worthless therefore his posts should be ignored, don't demean yourself or take the topic further offtopic because of him.
Yeah so all people who rented or played the game, but dont own it. Their personal opinion on what the game is worth to them isn't relevant ...FLAWLESS logic there cheif. Lol! You need to head back to gfaqs where the "new user" insult might work.

Garbage game. Only nerds with the urge to have every niche game can find reason in buying it. Typical comments. "Must have because it's rare" "it's got to be good...it's niche" "if you don't like it than you are playing call of duty" " I paid full price so it's great...on 100th play through" " if you stick with it it's the best game ever!!!". Can't wait to see people post their reassurance post tomorrow. *eats popcorn*
I dont think the game is bad by any means. Its just not worth more than a dub to me. So true about the fanboy comments though im suprised they haven't used the call of duty fallback yet. Lol!

A shame this didn't sell better. Sheeples too busy playing call of duty to play a real game. Will still wait for this to go under $20 like most Platinum games. Although with Nintendo publishing this, that day may never come. Hmmm...
Oh nevermind cocojames you called it. Lol!

What didn't you like about it? I haven't picked it up yet, but I'm thinking about using a $10 credit at GameStop to get it for $20. I haven't seen too many negative things about it from people that have actually played it. I would love to hear a well thought out, negative review on it.
according to hemi's logic your opinion doesn't matter since you dont own the game. You were acting like a raging fanboy for nothing. Right hemi? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the freak would they put this on sale 2 days before Christmas... bought a copy for my brother and really wish they would've done this a couple weeks back.

How the hell are you guys getting Target to price match their own website? I went earlier and it rang up $60 and they have some sort of holiday policy that wont allow any type of price matching until Friday. It's one thing to not price match competitors but not your own website, I went to GS first but they only had a gut and finally got a price match at Best Buy.

How the hell are you guys getting Target to price match their own website? I went earlier and it rang up $60 and they have some sort of holiday policy that wont allow any type of price matching until Friday. It's one thing to not price match competitors but not your own website, I went to GS first but they only had a gut and finally got a price match at Best Buy.
I just called up Target and they said they'd adjust it at customer service. I do know stories of some Targets just being overly stingy.

Thanks for the heads up about this price, been meaning to pick this game up for a while.

In retrospect, I regret picking GTA 5 over this back in September. Not that GTA 5 is a bad game, but considering how terrible (IMO) GTA Online ended up being, there was no reason for me to buy it day 1 over Wonderful 101. I usually prefer supporting these types of games on the first day as opposed to larger AAA releases, but money was tight and I had to make a call. Oh well, live and learn. I'll be there day 1 for Bayonetta 2, though, thanks to BB's GCU. :)

No, but your insinuation can easily be taken as such. :D/
Thats why defensive fanboys probably should look up insinuation & interpretation and apply them to their future replies. Im surely not talking about you though because you applied both. :bow:

Thanks for the heads up about this price, been meaning to pick this game up for a while.

In retrospect, I regret picking GTA 5 over this back in September. Not that GTA 5 is a bad game, but considering how terrible (IMO) GTA Online ended up being, there was no reason for me to buy it day 1 over Wonderful 101. I usually prefer supporting these types of games on the first day as opposed to larger AAA releases, but money was tight and I had to make a call. Oh well, live and learn. I'll be there day 1 for Bayonetta 2, though, thanks to BB's GCU. :)
This is a quick side note for you guys... How do so many CAGs have the GCU thing from Best Buy? Isn't it super expensive? The closest BB to me is about 45-50 miles away so even if it was a reasonable price I doubt it'd do me any good unless it works online too.

This is a quick side note for you guys... How do so many CAGs have the GCU thing from Best Buy? Isn't it super expensive? The closest BB to me is about 45-50 miles away so even if it was a reasonable price I doubt it'd do me any good unless it works online too.
In my case I was a previous subscriber when they had it for $15/year with the magazine. They bumped me up to the new GCU until February and they just sent me a coupon in the mail to get the new one for $30 for 2 years. I imagine a lot of other CAGs were in the same boat.

Yeah so all people who rented or played the game, but dont own it. Their personal opinion on what the game is worth to them isn't relevant ...FLAWLESS logic there cheif. Lol! You need to head back to gfaqs where the "new user" insult might work.

I dont think the game is bad by any means. Its just not worth more than a dub to me. So true about the fanboy comments though im suprised they haven't used the call of duty fallback yet. Lol!

Oh nevermind cocojames you called it. Lol!

according to hemi's logic your opinion doesn't matter since you dont own the game. You were acting like a raging fanboy for nothing. Right hemi? :)
1. I never go to/have been on gfaqs, but from past experience it's always the "cag in training"'s who act so know it all (probably due to them being banned on previous accounts so they make new ones). You have in fact, as far as I know contributed NOTHING, not a single topic made. So forgive me when I honestly don't care what you say a game is "worth". Never have you once said you rented or played the game at all. Just making the statement that a 1st Party Nintendo game. That is truly unique and quite creative, is only worth 20 bucks is pretty dumb.

In my case I was a previous subscriber when they had it for $15/year with the magazine. They bumped me up to the new GCU until February and they just sent me a coupon in the mail to get the new one for $30 for 2 years.
Can't believe I missed out on that. I'm pretty envious.

can we stop the dumba** fighteing back and forth this is deal site not a ufc match. also the game is good and id rather got it from best buy 4 their reward point and gamer club 20% off........

1. I never go to/have been on gfaqs, but from past experience it's always the "cag in training"'s who act so know it all (probably due to them being banned on previous accounts so they make new ones). You have in fact, as far as I know contributed NOTHING, not a single topic made. So forgive me when I honestly don't care what you say a game is "worth". Never have you once said you rented or played the game at all. Just making the statement that a 1st Party Nintendo game. That is truly unique and quite creative, is only worth 20 bucks is pretty dumb.
Dude your logic is so flawed its funny. Now your backpedalling. If you didn't care about my opinon you wouldn't have responded. You never asked anything you just posted a rage filled diatribe. You made a idiotic blanket statment towards everyone that doesn't own the game. I called you on it & now your crunchy... Admit it. Saying that everyone that doesn't think a first party nintendo game is worth more than $20 is dumb makes you look like a hypothetical moron. That's literally one of the dumbest things you could say to try and prove a point. Your just spouting your opinon as fact yet you cant accept others :shame:

My local Target rang up $29.99 (Price Tag $29.99 as well) for $30.XX after taxes.  Target Independence, MO Still have 1 copy left ;)

I stopped by my Target (Fayetteville, NC) and it still was 59.99 and guy was like we are not price matching the website until the 26th?  I said cool no problem Best Buy is right next door and they will!  To Best Buy I went and rang up 5.34 w/ 25.00 in Reward Zone Monies!!!!!

Picked it up from target, they had a tag out with the new price. Also noticed game and wario was $30, but I'm still waiting for that to be $20 or less.

Can't believe I missed out on that. I'm pretty envious.
Yes, me too. I even tried to sign up prior to them stopping new sign ups but you can't sign up online. I order a decent amount of stuff from BB online since there isn't a local store. Would have been great if they made it available to sign up online. Even now it would probably be worth it to me at full price but I'll have to wait until whenever I'm in a BB again :(

OT: I've seen a few people mention they got the last one or similar. Did Target/GameStop not get many copies of this? Sales were poor so there should be plenty if copies to be had still.

this game should have been made when a bigger install base was made. niche games like heavy rain, beyond two souls and journey have had big sucess so games like wonderfull 101 have a chance too. to me its all about timing for these types of games. when i get a wii u im getting this game for sure as i enjoyed the gamestop demo :D

this game should have been made when a bigger install base was made. niche games like heavy rain, beyond two souls and journey have had big sucess so games like wonderfull 101 have a chance too. to me its all about timing for these types of games. when i get a wii u im getting this game for sure as i enjoyed the gamestop demo :D
While I get what you are going for, I would not really compare Heavy Rain and W101. One is on a much bigger install base, Western design, much more friendly game to try. It is true that they are both niche compared to the average game. It is painfully obvious why W101 didn't sell that much: on a low install base and it is a Platinum game. Platinum makes amazing stuff, but it will turn many away who are not into games or critics.

I have heard nothing buy good about this game, and with the track record of the dev it is easy to see why. Unfortunately being a CAG, I try to avoid buying above $20 when I can. I also know my chances of playing it any time soon are low as well. That plus if you look how cheap how something like Bayonetta got, I think there is a good chance for this to get cheaper as well. I still really want it. This and Mario 3d World are probably the reasons to own a Wii U (assuming if you have already played Zelda)

While I get what you are going for, I would not really compare Heavy Rain and W101. One is on a much bigger install base, Western design, much more friendly game to try. It is true that they are both niche compared to the average game. It is painfully obvious why W101 didn't sell that much: on a low install base and it is a Platinum game. Platinum makes amazing stuff, but it will turn many away who are not into games or critics.

I have heard nothing buy good about this game, and with the track record of the dev it is easy to see why. Unfortunately being a CAG, I try to avoid buying above $20 when I can. I also know my chances of playing it any time soon are low as well. That plus if you look how cheap how something like Bayonetta got, I think there is a good chance for this to get cheaper as well. I still really want it. This and Mario 3d World are probably the reasons to own a Wii U (assuming if you have already played Zelda)
platinum is so underrated. their games arent perfection but they are so much fun !! only they could make a game where you have a jet pack on your ass and make it a great game lmao. now i wanna play vanquish :)

Managed to get the last sealed copy at a local GameStop, and used some PUR points to get a $5 off coupon to sweeten the deal.

Oddly enough, two of the nearest Best Buy's didn't even have it in stock so that was a no-go for PMing. Luckily the GameStop was like right across the street, because I didn't feel like going out of my way to another BB to get it (because of the hellish holiday traffic that has commenced).

You know I was gonna say, "what the heck happened to the moderators." Then I remembered that there's a Report button. Use it and stop engaging these obvious trolls.

Add in Pikmin 3 and it's definitely the games to own the system for currently.

Nice, i have $17 in GS credit. Going to trade in the 3 (or just 2) Victorious DS games I got. Was going to be cheap Christmas gifts but rather get them some better games. That and its too late to return it w/o paying exactly what I paid for it with return shipping.

You know I was gonna say, "what the heck happened to the moderators." Then I remembered that there's a Report button. Use it and stop engaging these obvious trolls.
Funny that now anyone who disagrees with a person or with the majority is automatically a troll. Don't like Mario games because Nintendo whores out Mario constantly? Youre a troll. Disagree with people who love the dreamcast? Youre a troll. Think the vita version of a game also on the 3ds is better? Troll. Dislike steam? Youre a troll.

You are forgetting that this is a deals thread. Sure, if you must, state your opinion on this game... perhaps even the greater system but then leave it be.  There is a Wii U forum, there is a I hate wii U thread, go have fun there and not crap here and try to derail the purpose of this thread, which we all know is the primary purpose here... 

Yea, its just my opinion.  As you can tell by my avatar, I'm a fan of platinum AND this game especially.  I personally thought madworld and anarchy reigns were both bad overall (though i enjoyed them at the time).

I'm not one of those "nintendo only makes kiddie games" people,  but the other heavyhitters on wii u like pikmin 3 and mario 3dworld did not impress me with new ideas and challenges the way galaxy did.  This is as a person who tried 3dworld with and without other players.

Games like Zombi U and W101 actually represent a quality experience you can't get elsewhere.  Pikmin, Zelda and Mario have all been done better in the past by Nintendo.  

Personally,  I didn't think it would drop this low so fast, since Nintendo owns the IP and we saw how a game 3-4 years old JUST went to 30 dollars earlier this year.   If it hit 30 in 5 months,  I could definitely see it hitting 15-20 before Smash and Mario Kart take up a permanent spot in your Wii U's disc drive.

I really don't care if anyone buys it tbh. I don't need sales figures to validate my purchase of the Wii U or W101.  Nintendo is rolling in money regardless and they will keep doing all the thing I love AND hate.

Wasn't feeling this demo, AT ALL. Yes, yes I know some people say you can't go by the demo.

Reminded me of When Vikings Attack, in some kind of way, except I, actually, like the Vikings game.

$10 Best Buy deal of the day is what this game will be.

Wasn't feeling this demo, AT ALL. Yes, yes I know some people say you can't go by the demo.

Reminded me of When Vikings Attack, in some kind of way, except I, actually, like the Vikings game.

Nice, when is it going to be the deal of the day?

Got 1 from BB for $25 and getting another from Gamestop tomorrow. I have $17 in gift cards so $14~ in total for another one. Great deal too! Thanks!

Going to cancel my pre-order tomorrow too so might as well pay for this with that cancelled money.

Its a good demo, thats exactly how the game plays really. You get more abilities and stuff gets tougher and tougher and more epic towards the end, but if you didn't like the demo, you won't like the game. They didn't change ANYTHING about this game between the demo release and the game release.

bread's done
Back