The Wrestling Thread is usually a 4 but in a dress it's an 8 SPH Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']*Bingo*.

Even if you're sitting at the screen, watching commercials, slack-jawed, thinking "wait, they made fucking ROCK'EM SOCK'EM ROBOTS INTO A MOVIE?!?!?!?!?!" you're already out of the target demo. If you instead think "fightin' robots, that's fuck'n bad-ass, man!" then you're part of the WWE Universe™.[/QUOTE]

DSC04044.jpg

That and Robot Wars which was hosted by Mick Foley and another version by Chyna. And we've come full circle.

[quote name='Demolition Man']So much for rehab.[/QUOTE]

If you look at the documents on tmz.com, you'll see that he is ordered to go to rehab as of 9/19 (page 8). Otherwise, he goes back to jail and has a bond of one million bucks. Or that's how I read it.

This is the non-TV side for this week's Smackdown taping... taken between the NXT and Smackdown taping....

sza03t.jpg

Sadly I have no idea who took this picture so I can't give proper credit.

[quote name='Demolition Man']This is the non-TV side for this week's Smackdown taping... taken between the NXT and Smackdown taping....

sza03t.jpg

Sadly I have no idea who took this picture so I can't give proper credit.[/QUOTE]

Wow, seems like this whole "Raw Supershow" sure is paying off in ticket sales. Wonder how many tickets were actually sold.

Ziggler suffered a "hairline mandibular fracture," and will be wearing a mouthpiece until it heals. He also won't be missing any matches.

fucking Jackman with dat adamantium.

I just figured the fracture thing was bullshit but there is this one pic on wwe.com they caught right at the moment of impact it looks like. Damn.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Eh, I dunno. I haven't seen it in a few weeks now and Monday Night Football is on so I dunno...[/QUOTE]
No, I meant it's not "wrestling" we're watching.

Here is the next chapter in the Matt Hardy saga

Matt Hardy's girlfriend Reby Sky says North Carolina police coerced her into providing evidence against Hardy in order to arrest him last Wednesday.

The 25-year-old model tells TMZ officers "intimidated" and "threatened her" in order to gain information on Hardy's collection of prescription drugs after he was rushed to the hospital for an "adverse drug reaction." Her information to police was enough to obtain a search warrant, which led to Hardy's arrest.

Sky returned home from the hospital to find police at his house after conducting a raid. She says they "threatened her with jail" if she did not answer more questions following the investigation. She then showed officers Hardy's safe containing "numerous Vicodin" pills which he did not have a prescription for.

Sky, who called 911 because Hardy was "strung out on pills," tells TMZ she would have kept her mouth shut at the station if she knew police were accumulating evidence for the warrant—adding, she "would never do anything to put [Matt] in a compromising position with the law."

[quote name='advanced']I'd have liked to see what she would have done, personally. Could have been interesting.

Melina is turning out to be the psycho ex-girlfriend that you can't get rid of for the WWE. Nice.[/QUOTE]

george-and-michael-bluth-on-arrested-development.jpg

You never fire crazy, Michael!

ProWrestling.net is reporting that Vince McMahon was irate backstage at Raw this week after his name was mentioned by Alberto Del Rio on the air.

As we first reported over the weekend, the current plan is to have Vince McMahon return to TV in the very near future, and the assumption is that Vince was upset because he didn't want his name mentioned on the air.

It's being said that both Del Rio and the writer of the segment were both yelled at by McMahon backstage, and that McMahon's mood was horrible for the rest of the night. Even Stephanie McMahon made an attempt to calm him down, but it was apparently to no avail, as Vince was making life pretty miserable for everyone at Raw following the on-air mention of his name.

lol

Don't say my name, because nobody expects Vince McMahon to return to tv and fuck up the main event by inserting himself uncomfortably and illogically in the middle of that storyline.

Who would expect such a thing? It's been the status quo of the company since 1996-97, but still, it's a brand new concept! McMahons! In the main event!

He must be seeing the dwindling SD crowds and thinking he will bring them back.

Looking at the pics of the SD taping last night, I bet they had maybe 1200-2000 people in the Nutter Center. Christ a'mighty.

[quote name='mykevermin']Looking at the pics of the SD taping last night, I bet they had maybe 1200-2000 people in the Nutter Center. Christ a'mighty.[/QUOTE]

Suddenly the WWE having 2/3rds of the Target Center sold for their SD taping a few months ago doesn't seem so bad.

One has to wonder if Natalya is just as batshit insane as her dad. DH Smith carried on the dope and steroids tradition while Husky Harris carried on the bored-to-tears legacy of his dad too.

Credit to F4WOnline
Beth Phoenix was originally scheduled to win the WWE Divas Title in her hometown of Buffalo, NY at the Night of Champions pay-per-view. The decision was changed because there’s a feeling that Kelly Kelly is starting to get over as champion.
27Qcq.gif

Really? Really?... REALLY?!

She's over as hot in my book. Always has been. I do think she's doing a ton better than a couple of months ago, but that's not saying too much. She is attempting more fancy stuff, but it all seems like it's still slow-mo half the time.

There has been much improvement for Kelly, but the women's division still sucks ever since Lita and Trish and Mickie and Molly left...

And to agree with Myke, I have just recently started coming around to The Miz as well. (never saw anything in him until recently)

And to put my two cents in on the Mark Henry thing, I really hope they let him retain through WM. But this is WWE... Who am I kidding?

[quote name='CM Punk']On the shirt design: "My inspiration for the shirt? I want the freakin' ice cream bars back!"

On how the progress is going: "I'm still working on that. But in the meantime, I'm going to keep shoving it down people's throats. Because everyone likes ice cream, which goes in your mouth and then goes down your throat."

On Good Humor not bringing them back yet: "You know what? There are other ice cream companies out there. Good Humor, we're giving you a gift. We're giving you an option here, and if you don't want to take it, we will sell our wares elsewhere."

On why he wants them back so much: "I love ice cream. What can I say? I'm a skinny fat-ass."[/quote]

Another lovely treat from LOP

- It's said that WWE putting the WWE Title on John Cena at Night of Champions was their response to the 2.71 RAW Supershow rating from the previous week.

Not like Monday Night Football has ANYTHING to do with it. MOAR JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!

Seriously, Jack Swagger was booked as a bigger threat as champion than ADR. He had a grand total of what, two title defenses? Beat Rey the day after winning the strap from Punk, then loses the very next time. Great booking Vince.

[quote name='cdubb1605']Another lovely treat from LOP

Not like Monday Night Football has ANYTHING to do with it. MOAR JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!

Seriously, Jack Swagger was booked as a bigger threat as champion than ADR. He had a grand total of what, two title defenses? Beat Rey the day after winning the strap from Punk, then loses the very next time. Great booking Vince.[/QUOTE]

Hey, he's still got a long way to go to catch up to Edge in that regard ;)

In other news, Episode +32. Fun fact: Zack and I have the same brand shower curtain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfLu4VGGih8&feature=feedu

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Beth Phoenix was originally scheduled to win the WWE Divas Title in her hometown of Buffalo, NY at the Night of Champions pay-per-view. The decision was changed because there’s a feeling that Kelly Kelly is starting to get over as champion.[/QUOTE]

The only way she'll get over is in a shower scene with that brunette who hangs out with her.

Impact has been pretty entertaining, so far. The Roode / Angle / Storm and the AJ / Daniels segments were awesome.

Kurt look extra deflated to anyone else? Trying to go clean (well as clean as Kurt gets) for his Olympic attempt?

Hogan and Sting were just tremendous in both the show-opening videos and back and forth thing. I guess Bischoff was good, but it was impossible to hear him over the canned heat. Karen bitching about strippers and whores was amusing. Not looking forward to this leading to Jeff Jarrett-Kaz, because Jeff deserves better. HE'S THE CHAMPION OF MEXICO, after all. He should be conquering more nations. Tessmacher-Mickie was perfectly fine, minus a wonky-looking flapjack. Can't believe Sorenson didn't even get his intro since it's all he's known for. The mid-match tweets from fans about the X division fit it being a net favorite since its debut and is something new. I certainly prefer this to Cole loudly shouting about what guys are tweeting. Jesse hasn't really been impressive, but this match was good, and I'll give the buik of the credit for that to Aries, who is just amazing. His last TNA run was underwhelming because they tried to make him too goofy, and now he's like a great mix of the Aries of '05 as a worker and THE Austin Starr as a pure entertainer. Double Austin's Macho axehandle, and the finish with Kash using the football was unique, and fit Aries wanting to win by any means necessary.

Jerry Lynn showed more charisma than either RVD or Anderson did in their promo building up the tag match. RVD and Anderson have to be called the Potholes - there is no other name for them. fucking LOVED MexAm at the tattoo parlor at first. Anarchia was hilarious here. Loved him sending the girls out to buy tequila - not sure if Rosita's old enough to even buy some, or if Rosita could due to her face being covered by a mask. Also, Anarchia, WHO HAS TATTOOS saying he's scared of needles made no sense, but whatever, Ink Inc is back, and I'm hoping they win the titles. Really could've done without them forcibly tattooing Mexican America since they came off as huge assholes here. Jesse said something that implied a history between the teams - I can't think of anything they've done together. Loved Morgan's promo against Jeff Hardy - he came off as sensible, and I didn't know he was a recovering painkiller addict. Liked the blending of reality there and the kayfabe deal of Jeff screwing him out of the title that Jeff made look bad at the PPV.

Show kinda fell off a cliff here. A camera guy found RVD down and was acting worse than RVD could act. That was terrible, as was the bit with Jeff Hardy going to Kurt Angle for forgiveness over drug problems. Sure, it made sense given Al Snow's advice earlier, but COME ON. This just looks like a ridiculous segment on paper given each guys' well-known problems. Then Kurt came out in a $7 Wal-Mart Batman shirt after bragging about being a 14-time world champion AND THE CURRENT WORLD CHAMPION. He invited Roode out to the ring so they could go to a break. How nice of him. They...said stuff...then James Storm came out and cut a passionate promo about Angle and kicking his ass tonight. Didn't do anything to make me want to see Roode-Angle, but did make me want to see Storm-Angle...so yeah, he should probably be getting the title shot at the PPV instead. Plus, he dressed like more of a star than Roode, with his custom cowboy hat, designer torn jeans, and wearing his own T-shirt instead of Roode just wearing a generic Impact Wrestling one.

They officially made the Anderson/RVD-Lynn/Ray match a handicap match, which made the Lynn/Bully team seem even more random. More mid-match tweeting, this time involving the post-BFG world title series. This is a great thing to put on during matches because it gives you something to do instead of actually watch a bad or boring match. Seeing Lynn and Anderson in there made me think that Jerry Lynn is nearly 50 and looks to be in way, way, way better shape than Anderson. Lynn doing a somersault into an eye poke was tremendous. They said it was done to mock RVD and...yeah so what? The guy did a ton of ridiculous-looking shit - at least the eye poke is going to theoretically do damage in some way. Anderson's pecs were really jiggly after the swinging neckbreaker. And he's also a lot less tan than Lynn. Or the ref. Bully Ray had the best low blow sell in ages, and I loved that he cheated even to win a handicap match. Should've probably hit him harder in the throat with the chain though. Nothing permanent - just something that hurts him enough to shut him up for a while. Then Lynn wore Bully Ray's skull cap and had a wacky smile on his face. I love this team - they're just perfect opposites.

Sorrensen might dress like him, but Daniels as Al Bundy, only with "I BEAT AJ" instead of "I SCORED FOUR TOUCHDOWNS IN A SINGLE GAME" is great. AJ getting all bent out of shape was just kinda there. Now he's trying to goad Daniels into a match by lowering himself to Daniels' level, if not lower, by actually starting the fight. THEN they brawled over to, as Tenay called it "THE DIRECT AUTO INSURANCE OFFICES HERE IN THE IMPACT ZONE!" and I just fucking lost it. The idea of an insurance company setting up an office, not a kiosk, BUT AN OFFICE, DURING A WRESTLING SHOW IN A THEME PARK is just..wow. Oh, and Daniels hit AJ in the balls. Then Steiner, in a new role as Kurt's trainer, cut a fun promo about Angle being great. Kaz calling everyone bro made me want someone to just punch him. Loved Daniels ranting about not being AJ's plus one. That was great. Then Kaz talked about what Lisa and Chris have been through...which we've never been told before. They said he's been fired numerous times, including here, but they need to actually say the family has had some financial problems instead of just imply them. And then AJ puked. This went on FOR-fuckING-EVER. And then they just casually mentioned that Hulk Hogan is going to drop a bombshell on TNA next week and cut away.

Storm's new Beer Drinker 22/7 - DRINK, FIGHT, fuck shirt is great. I loved how hyped the crowd genuinely seemed to get for JB just ANNOUNCING that Storm-Angle was happening. God, he really should be getting the match at BFG. Way better on the mic, about the same level as a worker, and he's been there since day one. Really good, intense match here. Loved the unintended comedy of a match between Angle and Storm being sponsored by a car insurance company. Angle, despite appearing to be maybe 180 pounds, actually busted out the moonsault for this TV match, which he rarely does even on PPVs now. Storm also did a nice flying elbow off the top that was a lot better than Punk's. Clearly, it was helped by being alcohol-fueled. Loved Gunner's run-in NOT leading to the finish. I would've been fine with it being the finish since it at least came after a great match and after interference, but they changed it up...with a ref bump. He would've won had it not been for him kicking the ref...then Gunner took Earl out. Ugh. Gunner hit him with the belt, THEN Roode came out, grabbed the belt, held it up, and the main event just faded to black. Very odd to not have a finish to a main event, which was really good until they had all the run-ins. Aside from some issues, like Hulk Hogan's big bombshell being a nothing segment, and both the AJ-Daniels and Mex Am/Ink Inc things going on too long, this was a good show overall. The Sting-Hogan stuff, refreshingly, only took up about 10 minutes of the show, and there was a definite focus on the future here despite Sting-Hogan being a hyped-up match.

Screens -

THE DIRECT AUTO INSURANCE OFFICES HERE IN THE IMPACT ZONE...with a printer powered by either magic or THE NETWORK.

Bally Ray

Quotes -
Sting - BFG - I SMELL RED AND YELLOW!
Hogan - YOU’RE NOT EVEN GONNA MAKE IT TO BFG!
Sting - Love ya Hulkster - see ya at BFG.
Sting - WOOOO! WOAH TIMES ARE GOOD TIMES ARE GREAT MAN I MEAN IT! And this is a great night - I’m so pumped up - you saw what happened. I beat Flair, and when I beat him, that opened the gate for me to beeline to Hogan at BFG! Something that everyone said was impossible BUT IT IS GONNA HAPPEN I PROMISE YOU, so now, we get the Hulkster out here - let’s get a Hulkster chant. HO-GAN HOGAN HOGAN! (theme hits) YES!
Hogan - FUNNY STING. THE SMOKE AND MIRRORS! BROTHER, YOU’RE DELUSIONAL! IT’S NOT GONNA HAPPEN. I’m not medically cleared!
Sting - You kidding me? Let’s dissect this - I GOT SOME FOOTAGE! Bird’s eye view!
Hogan - YOU DON’T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THAT - I DIDN’T CLEAR THE FOOTAGE! IT’S NOT FUNNY!
Sting - I don’t think it’s funny - but it is what it is - it’s proof you still have it. I can see the vascularity in the biceps - I TOOK THE HAYMAKER. YOU STILL GOT IT, HULK!
Hogan - No…it’s time to knock it off, Sting. It’s time to end the game. I got nothing to prove. You been chasing me your whole career and ya never quite caught up to Hulkamania. I’m not giving you a bonus package - that paper you got isn’t gonna hold up with me. I’m a business man.
Sting - Then let’s do it right here!
Bischoff - CUT THE MUSIC. I DON’T WANNA HEAR ANY OF WHAT I’M HEARING! STING, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!? YOU’RE TALKING TO HULK HOGAN - THE REASON YOU HAVE A JOB. THE MAN WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS INDUSTRY EXISTING! I’M TALKING TO YOU DAMMIT!
Sting - You say something? (punches him)
Karen - Ladies, and I use this term loosely - this is the second qualifier for the BFG match. Is this what you’re wearing? Good, BECAUSE IF YOU DO ANY STRIPTEASE BEHAVIOR OUT THERE, YOU’LL HAVE TO ANSWER TO ME! YOU!? I TOLD YOU TO COVER THOSE UP! DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A BROTHEL TO YOU!? IN CASE THAT’S TOO BIG A WORD FOR YOU, THAT’S A HOHOUSE!
Kaz - WHY ARE YOU DRESSED LIKE A MADAME? IF YOU’RE CHARGING, I HOPE YOU’RE NOT CHARGING MORE THAN 50 CENTS AN HOUR!
Tenay - Jeff Hardy si trying to regain the respect of the locker room - gotta give him credit for that.
Tenay - Mickie goes basement with the dropkick.
Al - I respect the fact that you were man enough to accept responsibility for your actions. We all make mistakes. We respect you and respect that you’re willing to make up for them. Some advice. One, don’t make the same mistake again , and two, start with the top and work your way down.
Tenay - That wasn’t football - IT WAS A BASEBALL SLIDE!
Anarchia - Dude, I didn’t wanna say this - BUT I’M SCARED OF NEEDLES. Pray with me, bro. 1,2, 3 - amen.
Morgan - Professionally, WHAT YOU DID WAS A SLAP IN THE FACE TO THE COMPANY, THE TITLE, AND TO ME SINCE YOU SCREWED ME OUT OF IT TWICE. But, it’d be hypocritical for me to not give you one last chance since I’m a recovered painkiller addict. Four years and ten months clean. Other organizations would give you second, third, or fourtth chances, but if you fuck up again, I’LL BE THE MOST ANGRY MOTHERfuckER YOU’VE EVER SEEN. I’m mad at you because you’re so good Jeff - you COULD make this one of the best stories ever.
Camera Guy - We’re gonna…ROB. ROB! ARE. YOU. OKAY!?
Angle - Jeff, I DON’T WANT YOU HERE. NOBODY WANTS YOU HERE! YOU NEED TO LEAVE PERIOD!
Hardy - I can deal with AJ, Devon, and Al Snow talking to me, BUT YOU? WHO ARE YOU?
Angle - WHO AM I? I AM KURT ANGLE - OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST - 14 TIME WORLD CHAMPION. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!
Hardy - MAYBE YOU DON’T WANT ME HERE BECAUSE YOU KNOW I’M YOUR BIGGEST THREAT!
Angle - You’re not a threat to me - nobody’s a threat to me.
Angle - Before I begin my speech, I would like to invite the number 1 contender out here now. Robert Roode, come out here now.
Angle - CONTRAGULATIONS ROODE, YOU PASSED THE FIRST TEST BY DEFEATING KAZ LAST WEEK. Tonight’ll be different - you’ll face Daniels, a man who took advantage of his best friends on Impact. So the question is will he play by the rules tonight? HE MAY? AND HE MAY NOT!
Roode - With all due respect - do you think this is gonna work? DO YOU!? FOR THE LAST 13 YEARS, I’VE GIVEN EVERYTHING TO THIS BUSINESS! I HAVE SACRIFICED EVERYTHING FOR THIS ONE MATCH, AND I KNOW THAT WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, YOU ARE THE GREATEST WRESTLER TO EVER LIVE. I KNOW THAT. But the thing you need to know about me is come BFG, OCTOBER 16TH IN PHILADELPHIA! NOTHING AND NOBODY IS GONNA PREVENT ME FROM WALKING OUT WITH THAT WORLD TITLE!
Angle - Nobody? Nothing? I KNOW A MAN WHO WILL STAND IN YOUR WAY. And he may be the best friend you have in this business.
Storm - Now Mr. Roode, I can see what yer thinking - Kurt sets the table, they hit the music, here I come and get in your face. You think Immortal bought me out? Bobby, you know me and I make my own damn rules. I’m not out here to get into with you. I’m here to get into with YOU! Now I was sitting back there and you said you got all the stroke - GET ON YER KNEES AND STROKE MY BEER BOTTLE. I HOPE YOU’RE A BETTER MATCH MAKER THAN BEER DRINKER! THIS IS A MATCH YOU SHOULD MAKE - THE OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIS KURT ANGLE AGAINST THE LITTLE OLD BEER DRINKER, THE COWBOY JAMES STORM! AND I AIN’T TALKING ABOUT NEXT WEEK OR DAY AFTER TOMORROW, I’M TALKING ABOUT TONIGHT!
Angle - You think you’ll show me up? I’M THE GOLD MEDALIST! I’M THE WORLD CHAMP! YOU GOTTA BE OUTTA YOUR MIND!
Storm - I’m not out here to show you up - I’ll earn your damn respect, CUZ I HELPED BUILD THIS DAMN COMPANY. IT’S TIME FOR GUYS LIKE ME AND ROODE TO GET OUR JUSTICE. YOU LIKE A GOOD CHALLENGE, SO PUT YER STUFF ON AND I’LL SEE YA TONIGHT. SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAMN LUCK!
Taz - Bully Ray and Lynn don’t have much in common, except back in the day, they worked for the same company at the same time.
Anderson - HEY ASSHOLES, I HAIL FROM GREEN BAY WISCONSIN! MISTER ANDERSON!
WAIT FOR IT! WAIT FOR IT! ANDERSON!
Ray - WHERE’S YA PARTNER!?
Storm - People as me if I’m happy for Bobby Roode, and of course I am - WE’RE BEER MONEY TILL THE END. Just because I didn’t win the BFG Series, doesn’t mean I won’t cause trouble. I’m the baddest beer-drinking, fish-skinning son of a bitch in TNA. Angle, get out of my pond, boy!
Daniels - Angle, you came up with a plan to make Roode face all the members of Fortune, and I hate to throw a wrench into your plans. It’s not just because we’re in Fortune - IT’D DRAW RATINGS, BUT I HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE. 3 weeks ago, I DEFEATED AJ STYLES! IT’S TRUE! YOU SAW IT! AND BOBBY, YOU’RE GREAT, BUT AJ IS A FORMER WORLD CHAMP AND A GRAND SLAM WINNER. IT DOESN’T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT. AFTER THE WAY I DOMINATED AJ, YOU versus me…why even bother man?
AJ - Is this a joke? Every time you get a mic, you take jabs at me!
Daniels - In time, you’ll accept the fact!
AJ - I HAVE! I’M OVER IT. YOU NEED TO GET OVER IT!
Daniels - I PROVED THAT BETWEEN YOU AND I, I’M THE BETTER MAN!
AJ - Keep living in that WRESTLING BUBBLE of yours. Chris, ya keep bringing my name up, and maybe we’ll have another match. Whatda think about that?
Daniels - We said it’d be the last time, AND BESIDE, I’VE ALREADY BEATEN YOU! (AJ slaps him) I DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE A SORE LOSER AND A BITCH! (AJ jumps him)
Tenay - THE FIGHT BETWEEN AJ AND DANIELS HAS SPILLED OVER TO THE DIRECT AUTO INSURANCE OFFICES IN THE IMPACT ZONE!
Angle - I’m gonna let MY TRAINER SCOTT STEINER TELL YOU ABOUT MY TRAINING!
Steiner - KURT ANGLE IS AN ANIMAL. HE WAS A WORLD CHAMP, AN OLYMPIC CHAMP FOR A REASON. HE’S THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. JAMES STORM, HE’S GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!
Kaz - THIS ISN’T PRO WRESTLING BULLSHIT - IT’S FAMILY! KICKING HIM IN THE BALLS!?
Daniels - HE HAD IT COMING!
Kaz - Bro, I know where you’re coming from - YOU’VE BEEN FIRED FROM THIS PLACE TWICE!
Daniels - I’M TIRED OF BEING IN HIS SHADOW. I’M NOT HIS PLUS ONE!
AJ - ONCE HE THINKS HE’S SOMEBODY, HE GETS LIKE WAY!
Kaz - YOU KNOW WHAT HE AND LISA HAVE BEEN THROUGH!
Hogan - NEXT WEEK, I’VE GOT A BOMBSHELL FOR TNA THAT‘LL CHANGE THIS BUSINESS FOREVER! (cut away)
Taz - Storm’s a fighting, ass-kicking country boy!

[quote name='diddy310']Kurt look extra deflated to anyone else? Trying to go clean (well as clean as Kurt gets) for his Olympic attempt?[/QUOTE]
He looks more lean than he does deflated.

[quote name='Blackout']Does TNA post Impact on Youtube or their website?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Spike has it on their site. It's also usually in the free on demand section a few weeks after airing on Comcast.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Pretty sure Spike has it on their site. It's also usually in the free on demand section a few weeks after airing on Comcast.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's on Spike. I need to catch up on the past few weeks. I'm happy that Roode is finally getting the main event push.

The Rhodes beating was fairly edited down...lots of zooming in on Orton's face and when Cody appeared again he had a towel over his head. Still kinda pointless since you saw blood all down his arms and legs, on the announce table, on the floor, and covering Orton's torso quite clearly.

Loved how they set up Henry-Christian - they humanized Henry without making him seem like a pussy - he's out to prove people wrong and show that he can finally fulfill the potential he first showed 15 years ago. Loved Brodus Clay in the background here. Why can't his squashes be on SD AND on Superstars as well? Slater being called MR. EXCITEMENT was groan-worthy. Loved him being squashed by Sheamus. Dude sold the Brogue kick better than ANYONE has yet. Slater's found a way to shine in losing, and while I'd like to see him be able to shine without doing all these jobs, being THE best jobber to the stars of his era isn't the worst thing in the world. Loved Christian's bit with Khali. Could've really done without Cole burying NXT - not just the season Kaitlyn won, but now the current one. GET THE WWE NETWORK TO WATCH NXT FOLKS - IT'S SHIT AND WE'LL TELL YOU HOW BAD IT IS! Glad to see the divas of doom actually win a match. I'm not quite sure what a "full load of confidence" is, but it doesn't seem very PG.

Loved Orton-Cody. Orton was super-intense, and Cody, the wise heel, took advantage of Orton rushing in and making mistakes by attacking the knee whenever possible. Liked Cole talking about how much worse a knee injury could be for Orton in a Cell than in a normal match - actually made the Cell seem important. The mask shots sounded absolutely vile, and I like that Orton's anger got the better of him and cost him the match. The bloodbath after the match was clearly edited, but not so much that they rendered all of Cody's bleeding to be meaningless - the table, Orton's chest, and Cody's legs still had plenty of blood on them. And next week, they can really sell that the HIAC match will be even more violent since instead of just having one metal object at their disposal, THEY'LL HAVE A GIANT METAL CAGE TO USE!

The Christian-Sheamus potato deal was cute - enjoyed Sheamus's goofy faces after tasting it. Khali-Jinder's backstory was completely overhauled by Cole - now, Jinder owns a movie studio, and Khali was given bad advice by his "mentor". So yeah, all the stuff about Khali's sister being married to Jinder is done. And Jinder got basically squashed by Khali, who could barely do the tree slam and took a long time to even put a foot on Jinder - wouldn't want to be Jinder right now. Sin Cara-Danielson was good while it lasted, and the commentary was just...bizarre. Entertaining as hell though. I didn't mind Danielson losing here since it was not only part of the greater story of his losing streak, but also furthering the two Sin Caras deal. Usos-Air Boom was something else - not so much for the match itself, but due to the commentary with Cole AND Josh stealing Booker's lines. Christian-Henry felt a bit odd having under 10 minutes for the main event and it feeling like a number 1 contender's match because the end goal was "WHO GETS TO FACE ORTON", which is exactly what it would be if Orton was still champion. I liked Cole bringing up Henry dominating a battle royal to explain how it would be largely impossible for Christian to get Henry out of the ring to even have the lumberjacks throw him in. Liked Sheamus coming down to cost Christian the match. Didn't like the match so much though.

Screens -

Quotes -
Ace - MY NAME IS MR. JOHN LAURINITIS, AND I’M THE EVP of talent relations. In the absence of HHH, I’ve assembled the SD superstars to discuss the issues that HHH perhaps has lost total control of WWE. THAT CHAOS ENGULPHED RAW, CULMINATING IN THE DISMISSAL OF 2 PREMIERE RAW SUPERSTARS - R-Truth and the Miz. I, on the other hand, have changed my mind. I believe that HHH has control of the situation. Many of you superstars and out there in the world may not agree and have your own opinions, but on Monday night, when I looked into his eyes, I saw the resolve and determination. When HHH gets here tonight, I hope you all see it too. Without further ado, I’d like to announce the new WHC - MARK HENRY!
Josh - How can you not help but respect what Mark Henry has done?
Cole - If you don’t, he’ll beat it into you.
Booker - MARK HENRY IS A STORM - A CATEGORY 5! THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT WITH MARK HENRY. DAWG!
Henry - As I said, it’s taken me 15 years! TO EARN THIS TITLE! AND IT’S GONNA TAKE 15 MORE BEFORE SOMEONE TAKES IT AWAY FROM ME! BECAUSE THERE AIN’T NO MAN HERE GONNA TAKE WHAT I GOT! AND I’M LOOKING AT YOU - EZEKIEL JACKSON, YOU DIDN’T BELIEVE. Teddy Long, you didn’t believe. YOU BELIEVE NOW. (HHH comes out)
Christian - HOLD ON ONE QUICK SECOND! Hunter, I just wanna say that on behalf of myself, the entire roster, and the world, what a great job you’re doing as the COO of the WWE! And your treatment of the SD superstars has been exemplary - I appreciate it! Now your creedo has been leadership by example, and as a former 2 time wordl champ, that’s my creedo too. Look at these faces - they all look up to me. I’m kind of a big deal around here, know what I’m saying. Even though you know you over there is the champ - let’s be honest, can you see his face on a billboard? A cereal box? Reading to a bunch of school children? Because I can’t. What I’m saying is I deserve to be the face of SD. If we’re gonna go all the way and I’ll be the leader I know that I am - I kinda need to be the world champ. I deserve ONE MORE MATCH TO BECOME THE WHC! So after HIAC, after you know who chokes in his match like we all know he will because he has in the past - I’ll lead SD. I’LL BE THE GUY WHO WILL BEAT RANDY ORTON AND BECOME A 3-TIME WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
HHH - That’s it? Good. Sounds good. First of all, I wanna thank the superstars for coming out here. I am in complete control of Raw, SD, AND THE WWE. As for your thoughts, I really do appreciate you stepping up as a leader. It’s great to see and like you said,, leadership by example. I’ll give you the opportunity later, and the stars here? They’ll be back to surround the ring in a lumberjack match, in which their leader will go one on one for the world title against YOU KNOW WHO. Mark Henry! And the winner of that match tonight will face Randy Orton at HIAC.
Josh - MR. EXCITEMENT, HEATH SLATER!
Cole - This match is like Ronald McDonald versus the girl from Wendy’s. Don’t tell Sheamus I said that.
Booker - TONIGHT IT’S GONNA BE ON LIKE A STEAMING POT OF NECKBONE, DAWG!
Cole - Oh lord…
Booker - No rest for the weary - that’s what the WWE IS ALL ABOUT!
Booker - Don’t count Slater out just yet.
Cole - How about now?
Christian - Heya buddy, I’m going to be in a lumberjack match against Mark Henry. Now, would you rather face Mark Henry, who took out monsters like Kane and the Big Show, or would you rather face someone who’s smaller, but smarter and craftier? DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I’M SAYING?
Khali - I understand. You are small.
Christian - I get it - everyone’s small compared to you.
Cole - Gabriel pinned his former buddy Barrett.
Booker - BARE KNUCKLE, PEAKNUCKLE, HE JUST NEEDS TO BE IN THE RIGHT POSITION!
Cole - Barrett doesn’t think Gabriel is anywhere near his class in competition.
Booker - GABRIEL FLYING WITH THA GREATEST OF EASE!
Cole - Using that line early tonight.
Josh - Barrett tweeted last week that he’d like to play James Bond.
Booker - He’d be good! Looks like a little like Roger Moore…
Orton - Hell isn’t such a bad place to be - ESPECIALLY IF THAT’S WHERE YOU GO TO BECOME WORLD CHAMPION AGAIN. I’LL DRAG YOU TO HELL, MARK HENRY - Or maybe you, Christian - but you already have a permanent residence.
Josh - TONIGHT, THE FIRST WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE LUMBERJACK MATCH on SmackDown.
Josh - The BFF divas, AJ and Kaitlyn…
Booker - KELLY KELLY HAS WORKED DAMN HARD TO BECOME DIVAS CHAMPION!
Josh - Kaitlyn, the winner of NXT season 3.
Cole - THAT WAS A GREAT SEASON…
Josh - We were there…
Josh - Kaitlyn powered down by Natalya, AND THE WWE LIVE TOUR IS POWERED BY K-MART!
Cole - For the few of you who watch NXT, AJ has a relationship with Hornswoggle.
Cole - CODY SHOULD HAVE A FULL LOAD OF CONFIDENCE HERE!
Ref - WHY’S THE MASK OFF YOUR HEAD?
Cody - He took it off!
Ref - MAKE SURE IT DOESN’T COME OFF AGAIN - YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T USE THAT!
Christian - I’ve got a gift for you.
Sheamus - A POTATO!?
Christian - Yeah, you irish love your potatoes. And last week, you Brogue kicked me. I can count on you, right?
Sheamus - Thanks for the potato - I’LL CHERISH IT
Cole - Shocking relevations are in store for Edge’s character on Haven.
Cole - KHALI TOOK HIS FRUSTRATION OUT ON THE MAN HE ONCE CALLED HIS MENTOR!
Cole - WWE.com has a great photo spread on the two Sin Caras asking the WWE Universe to tell them apart - AND THE WWE UNIVERSE IS SPLIT 50-50!
Josh - Here’s Mr. MITB, Daniel Bryan - one of WWE’s most intriguing superstars.
Cole - There’s a great WWE.com article on Daniel Bryan - talking about how Daniel Bryan’s been losing since winning MITB.
Josh - The downward spiral really began when he started feuding with Sin Cara.
Cole - No, it really started when his Youtube show got cancelled.
Cole - Does everyone in your fave five have a losing streak, Book?
Booker - Just a couple of ‘em.
Booker - I WAS JUST LOOKING AT HIS BOOTS - THIS IS THE SIN CARA IN MY FAVE FIVE!
Josh - You said that the imposter had a black mark last week.
Booker - Really? Hehehe…maybe they switched boots!
Booker - HE’S QUICK, AGILE, AND MOBILE!
Booker - YOU CAN’T TELL THAT’S THE ORIGINAL SIN CARA?
Cole - NO, BECAUSE I CAN’T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU SAY!
Cole - Verizon - the nation’s most reliable network. Booker, you should get Verizon., then you’d get my calls.
Booker - I GOT VERIZON, SUCKA!
Cole - So you’re just not answering my calls?
Booker - Exactly.
Josh - Jey’s got a tattoo.
Booker - And he’s about 20 pounds heavier.
Cole - So Booker, are the Usos brothers from the same mother?
Booker - I WOULD ASSUME SO!
Cole - SHUCKY DUCKY!
Booker - QUACK QUACK!
Cole - KOFI’S SHOULDER BOKE IS CONNECTED TO HIS NECK BONE!
Josh - WITH THE GREATEST OF EASE!
Booker - That was my line, Josh.
Cole - YOU CAN ALMOST FEEL THE GROUND SHAKING AS MARK HENRY PLODS HIS WAY TO THE RING!
Booker - DOWN GOES TRENT BARETTA!
Booker - HOLD THE PHONE, IT’S ABOUT TO GET BUSY IN HERE DAWG!

WWE has reportedly cancelled Superstars citing poor viewership, though it'll still be on internationally.

It aired on YouTube and WWE.com, thus costing NOTHING to air since they're already filming and editing. Brilliant move, WWE.

[quote name='JJSP']WWE has reportedly cancelled Superstars citing poor viewership, though it'll still be on internationally.

It aired on YouTube and WWE.com, thus costing NOTHING to air since they're already filming and editing. Brilliant move, WWE.[/QUOTE]

That's dumb. I actually check it out on YouTube. Some of it is decent to good. It's definitely not horrible.

Those "new" in-ring shows that will be on the new WWE network will probably be NXT and Superstars.

and Shotgun Saturday Night.

I like that the fancam was sitting on the hard camera side. Look at all those empty seats. Every time I go to Smackdown we usually end up getting moved to the ringside area because I buy cheapies on the wrong side of the arena.

The empty seats go back to a question I had right after HHH took over... wouldn't it have been better to let Raw guys go to Smackdown instead of vice versa? Raw was generally doing fine, but Smackdown is obviously hurting as a brand. It made no fucking sense.

Well, outside of the 'we refuse to end the split, which would be the obvious thing to do' sense.

I mean, I hate to say it, but Smackdown arenas wouldn't look like that if Cena was advertised as appearing. I don't really want that, but it's true.

I always felt that Smackdown's biggest draw was The Undertaker and with him doing the 1-3 matches a year now thing it just doesn't have that pull anymore. Who is the draw for attitude era fans who saw that wrestling was in town and have nothing going on that night, Christian?? Who is the draw that little children will want to go see and buy his merch, Sin Cara or Justin Gabriel?

The problem with Smackdown is exactly what 007 said. There is no "Must See" Superstar on that show being regularly advertised. You can pretend that Orton is on Cena's level but he clearly does not put butts in the seats. If John Cena was regularly billed for SD you bet your ass he would draw. If Rey was still on Smackdown the attendance would be higher than it is now. Even Kane and Big Show coming back would increase attendance at Smackdown events.

The simplest solution of all though would be to just end the damn brand split. Merge some titles and make them matter. The Diva belt and the Tag Titles are already cross-branded
Cena = WHC
Henry = IC
Rhodes/Ziggler = Euro belt.

The Raw Supershow thing just devalues the price of a Smackdown ticket even further. Why go to Smackdown to see half the roster when you can go to Raw and see everyone.

The only reason I can think of for why it continues to exist is because it makes it easier to sell house show tickets. They like to run 2 shows on Saturday and 2 on Sunday and its easier to say Raw guys are here, Smackdown guys are here than the way they used to do it.

[quote name='Habbler']Cena = WHC
Henry = IC
Rhodes/Ziggler = US belt.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you. They killed the Euro belt a long while back. :p

I think the implication is that you need a belt under the IC Title. The US Title is roughly considered on par with the IC belt, or higher depending on your old school wrestling preferences.

If they were going to drop it back down to 3 male singles belts, I'd prefer...

1. WWE or World Champion
2. Intercontinental Champion
3. Television Champion

Granted, "Television" champion is sort of ill-defined but European champion never made sense to me. Can it only be defended in Europe? By Europeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back