The Wrestling Thread is usually a 4 but in a dress it's an 8 SPH Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Clak']Anyone remember when finishing moves actually, you know, finished a match?[/QUOTE]

That's why they're not "Finishing Moves" anymore , they're "Signature Moves".;)

Although I haven't read the recap of what happened in the main event last night , based off what I've read here it sounds to me like HHH was channeling his match with Orton at Vengeance 2004 (a dated reference I know but oddly it was the one that came to my mind right away).

[quote name='lombarvm']The Glamazon has been built as a monster heel, and it can't come across to casual fans that she is a babyface.[/QUOTE]

That kind of went out the window when she came out smiling and waving, then crying after she lost.

The Muppets are going to be doing some sort of cross-promotion on Raw in the future. This could be glorious. Or it could be Santino calling Gonzo "Bonzo."

So did the Bragging Rights PPV get dropped? I mean don't get me wrong it would be pointless with Smackdown showing up every week on RAW, just can't remember if it was still on the books for this year or not.

[quote name='cdubb1605']So did the Bragging Rights PPV get dropped? I mean don't get me wrong it would be pointless with Smackdown showing up every week on RAW, just can't remember if it was still on the books for this year or not.[/QUOTE]

It's been replaced with Vengeance. Which is fine by me, I never understood why Survivor Series wasn't just Raw vs. Smackdown every year. Or, for that matter, why it wasn't War Games. It all just seemed to fit together so well.

WWE is fronting the bill for the rehab. Matt also says he wants to open a wrestling school once he gets clean.

[quote name='Clak']Yeah yeah, and we're not watching wrestling anymore either.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I dunno. I haven't seen it in a few weeks now and Monday Night Football is on so I dunno...

I'm watching Two and a Half Men so I expect a full explanation of last night's chain of events when I arrive in the chat afterwards, trolls or no trolls.

It wasn't officially announced that Sin Cara was ever replaced. So when they say "original Sin Cara," they're referring to Hunico, who is portraying the original Sin Cara while the original Sin Cara is now the impostor Sin Cara.

Think about that shit.

[quote name='mitch079']Matt Hardy says he's going to rehab for 3 months. I wish him well, as I'm sure we all do, but I'm pretty sure he's high in the video.
[/QUOTE]

Good for him if he sticks to it. For all the jokes about volcano tacos and fatt hardy, I don't want to see a memorial thread for anyone, even if they've screwed up hugely on many occasions. Hell, Scott Hall and Jake Roberts both have longer rap sheets and I don't want to see them succumb to drugs/being crazy either.

Still, I would've much preferred a written press release over a youtube video. Maybe I'm old but I just can't take anything on youtube seriously. Don't get me wrong, I use it almost every day. I watch botches, music videos, cool military aircraft stuff, and annoying memes. I don't associate the site with serious discussion of anything and given what I hope it Matt's attempt to seriously overcome his problems, I think another venue for the announcement would've been more appropriate. Good luck dude, I hope we don't hear from you for 3 months.

[quote name='Survivalism']It wasn't officially announced that Sin Cara was ever replaced. So when they say "original Sin Cara," they're referring to Hunico, who is portraying the original Sin Cara while the original Sin Cara is now the impostor Sin Cara.

Think about that shit.[/QUOTE]

1410_insheeption_thumb.jpg

*Bun dununun dununun dununu doo tah!*

Yup.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ugh, its already looking like the obvious "It was me AustinPunk, it was me all along"[/QUOTE]

now in video! now if only he can get that look and those maniacal eyes back.

i am watching the Giants game so guess i am going to have to watch highlights and read the recaps to know what happened tonight.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk[/media]

[quote name='Survivalism']It wasn't officially announced that Sin Cara was ever replaced. So when they say "original Sin Cara," they're referring to Hunico, who is portraying the original Sin Cara while the original Sin Cara is now the impostor Sin Cara.

Think about that shit.[/QUOTE]

But Mistico is the one getting the cheers, Hunico is the one getting the boos. Yes they never officially announced that Sin Cara was replaced while he was suspended, but the storyline is pretty obvious: While Sin Cara was out with his "injury" from Money in the Bank (Sheamus ladder spot), this imposter came in and started pretending to be him. Its not that complicated. I'm not going to go back and watch the tape, but I'm pretty sure they said the "original" Sin Cara in reference to Mistico tonight.

[quote name='kodave']But Mistico is the one getting the cheers, Hunico is the one getting the boos. Yes they never officially announced that Sin Cara was replaced while he was suspended, but the storyline is pretty obvious: While Sin Cara was out with his "injury" from Money in the Bank (Sheamus ladder spot), this imposter came in and started pretending to be him. Its not that complicated.[/QUOTE]

Neither is facetiousness.

[quote name='Survivalism']Neither is facetiousness.[/QUOTE]

It helps if the jokes actually make sense first before one tries to find humor in them.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Jackman wasn't bad tonight, even though that movie looks fucking terrible.[/QUOTE]

Jackman tweeted that it was a "boyhood dream coming true" to be at RAW. Doubt he is an avid fan at all, but you could tell he was having fun.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Jackman wasn't bad tonight, even though that movie looks fucking terrible.[/QUOTE]

That movie is precisely what's in the WWE Universe's wheelhouse. The movie's marketers definitely know their potential audience.

[quote name='neocisco']That movie is precisely what's in the WWE Universe's wheelhouse. The movie's marketers definitely know their potential audience.[/QUOTE]

*Bingo*.

Even if you're sitting at the screen, watching commercials, slack-jawed, thinking "wait, they made fucking ROCK'EM SOCK'EM ROBOTS INTO A MOVIE?!?!?!?!?!" you're already out of the target demo. If you instead think "fightin' robots, that's fuck'n bad-ass, man!" then you're part of the WWE Universe™.

Regarding Raw: Was I the only one who found Triple H's "$250,000 fine" for hitting a referee positively laughable in a Dr. Evil "...one MILLION dollars!" way?

Also unintentionally hilarious were Truth and Miz's subdued reactions to being fined a quarter of a million dollars. Instead of exploding in the brain, they sold it like they just found out commissary was out of chocolate cake.

[quote name='mykevermin']Regarding Raw: Was I the only one who found Triple H's "$250,000 fine" for hitting a referee positively laughable in a Dr. Evil "...one MILLION dollars!" way?

Also unintentionally hilarious were Truth and Miz's subdued reactions to being fined a quarter of a million dollars. Instead of exploding in the brain, they sold it like they just found out commissary was out of chocolate cake.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it seemed like just a wee bit too high for a fine where that's more than most of the roster makes. Hell, it would be a high fine in the NFL and every single player makes more than $250,000 as a base salary.

As terrible as it seems it looks way better than anything that WWE pictures has done. Still terrible though...

Those 2 apologizing and subsequently getting fired was about the only entertaining thing last night, even though it's painfully transparent where this storyline is going (Vince comes back because now HHH is firing everyone...).

I know it's an age old wrestling plot, but WWE has been way overdoing 'firing' story lines lately. It may be my most hatred storyline development ever. EVER.

I look forward to the house show report from tomorrow featuring Bourne and Kingston vs. Miz and Truth.

And Melina continues to make sure Morrison stays in the doghouse for as long as possible:

WWE Diva Natalya helped foil an audacious attempt by ex Diva Melina to involve herself in last nights Divas tag match in Cleveland. On Monday afternoon Natalya recieved a text message from Melina claiming she was in Cleveland, had a ticket for the Raw show and asking "If I jump KK (Kelly Kelly), you will play ball right?"

Natalya presumed this was a joke, but showed it to the Divas' liaison who after alerting WWE security then asked her to ring Melina to find out exactly what she had planned. The conversation, which Natalya put on loud-speaker with several members of the lockeroom present included a rambling and possibly under the influence Melina suggesting that attacking Kelly live on Raw would get her a job back as a Diva as "Vince loves reality angles"

Sure enough Melina was spotted in the queue for the show with a ticket. Unlike what she may have witnessed on WWE television, she was to find out that WWE are actually allowed to turn people away whether they have a ticket to the show or not. A humiliated Melina was warned that the next time she tries something like this the police will be involved.

Not for the first time Melina's on-off boyfriend John Morrison bore the brunt of her misadventure. He was asked to "keep his woman under control" and his in-ring appearance was that 30 second squash defeat to Alberto Del Rio

[quote name='Purple Flames']And Melina continues to make sure Morrison stays in the doghouse for as long as possible:[/QUOTE]

I'd have liked to see what she would have done, personally. Could have been interesting.

Melina is turning out to be the psycho ex-girlfriend that you can't get rid of for the WWE. Nice.

[quote name='Purple Flames']And Melina continues to make sure Morrison stays in the doghouse for as long as possible:[/QUOTE]

jimmyking_display_image.jpg

I think Melina may have a little Jimmy King in her.

Former WWE and TNA star Matt Hardy announced on Monday that he's going to rehab, but it's been revealed today that he was arrested once again last week after his home was raided and illegal drugs were found.

Hardy, 36, has been charged with possessing a controlled substance with intent to sell or deliver, possessing a controlled substance, maintaining a drug dwelling and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a release today from the Moore County Sheriff's Office.

The search at Hardy's home on Sept. 14 turned up 20 vials of anabolic steroids, the drug MDMA (Ecstasy) and $1,961 in cash, the release said.

In case you are losing track of all Matt Hardy's arrests, this is the third time Matt Hardy has been arrested in less than a month.
Hardy was released today on a written promise to appear in Moore County court on Thursday.

Wonder if they trapped him with a coffee can too.

His girlfriend ratted him out.

According to search warrant docs obtained by TMZ, it all started with a 911 call last Wednesday -- placed by Matt's model girlfriend, Reby Sky, who was worried Matt "was strung out on pills and needed help."

Police came and Matt's GF led them to a secret safe containing several prescription painkillers.

Police then obtained a search warrant -- and according to cops, when they raided his house they found 20 vials of anabolic steroids and some ecstasy.

[quote name='kodave']It helps if the jokes actually make sense first before one tries to find humor in them.[/QUOTE]

That's the joke.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Seems like Jackman's punch to Ziggler may have had more force then initially thought.[/QUOTE]

I thought that punch looked a little stiff but I figured nah they had to have given him at least a little bit of training in how to choreograph a punch correctly, or at the very least know how to do it from his acting experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back