The Wrestling Thread is usually a 4 but in a dress it's an 8 SPH Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the spoiler - Sounds cool. Sort of for the same reason I like Royal Rumble matches. I don't want to spoil anything but yeah, I'm intrigued (without being emotionally committed).

I didn't even realize Night of Champions was tonight. I'm out of the loop. I might have to quit my job so I can watch more TV.

[quote name='Survivalism']I didn't even realize Night of Champions was tonight. I'm out of the loop. I might have to quit my job so I can watch more TV.[/QUOTE]

No balls.

If I didn't have to get up early every fucking day I'd try and catch it somewhere. I'm curious to see how badly they're going to bury Punk.

I'm not sure if they've advertised it nationally, but the local commercials for Raw here in Cleveland tomorrow mention Hugh Jackman as the guest host. I'm not sure if I can be bothered to go, but I thought someone might find that interesting.

Because my predictions are actually truth.

There was a news bit floating around about Vince McMahon returning to TV, possibly either Sunday or Monday night

I'm not sure if they've advertised it nationally, but the local commercials for Raw here in Cleveland tomorrow mention Hugh Jackman as the guest host. I'm not sure if I can be bothered to go, but I thought someone might find that interesting.

They've been advertising it on WWE.com and by having commercials on Raw for like two weeks

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'm not sure if they've advertised it nationally, but the local commercials for Raw here in Cleveland tomorrow mention Hugh Jackman as the guest host. I'm not sure if I can be bothered to go, but I thought someone might find that interesting.[/QUOTE]

"WWE Universe, we apologize that Hugh Jackman is unable to be here to host Raw tonight (due to a sudden case of common sense). However, in his place we have been able to obtain the services of another Hugh of nearly equal stature. Please give a big welcome to...
Hugh G. Rection!"
Gen._Hugh_G._Rection.jpg

[quote name='neocisco']"WWE Universe, we apologize that Hugh Jackman is unable to be here to host Raw tonight (due to a sudden case of common sense). However, in his place we have been able to obtain the services of another Hugh of nearly equal stature. Please give a big welcome to...
Hugh G. Rection!"
Gen._Hugh_G._Rection.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the trailers to the movie he is promoting? Using common sense as an excuse went out the window a long long time ago.

I checked my guide on my dvr box, ROH is already listed for next Saturday and luckily I get that local Sinclair station in HD also. Who wants to bet on an nWo return tonight with HHH, Nash and Waltman? X-pac hasn't been posting on twitter and he isn't doing that weekly webshow here lately either.. he's been layin super low, compared to normal.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I checked my guide on my dvr box, ROH is already listed for next Saturday and luckily I get that local Sinclair station in HD also. Who wants to bet on an nWo return tonight with HHH, Nash and Waltman? X-pac hasn't been posting on twitter and he isn't doing that weekly webshow here lately either.. he's been layin super low, compared to normal.[/QUOTE]

Would that be the NWO though? No Hall, no dice.

Probably going to happen though. Then Punk has to go through Waltman to get back at HHH or something. This will all happen Monday night though, so HHH/Punk 2 can happen.

[quote name='neocisco']You watch your mouth! Real Steel is an Oscar dark horse![/QUOTE]

Don't you mean Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots: The Movie?

[quote name='advanced']Then Punk has to go through Waltman[/QUOTE]
:lol: Shit, at that point they might as well bring Vincent back again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVmJcvF_YOM

I'm an unapologetic Zack Ryder mark, but I think if they brought back the nWo and used it as a way to get over lower and mid-carders like they did for a while in WCW, it could work, similar to how The Nexus was handled at the beginning. Stanford could be the nWo announcer, and throw Ryder in there with Vickie, Ziggler, Swagger, and a couple other guys lead by Nash.

[quote name='Genocidal']:lol: Shit, at that point they might as well bring Vincent back again.
[/QUOTE]

Why not? Wouldn't make that angle any worse.

I was talking to my dad about Booker T and Golddust, thanks to Booker mentioning it as a "great tag team" and I remembered the Hollywood Backlot Brawl with Piper. Such classic times.

I'm tellin you Ted Dibiase must've taken after his mom, because he is nowhere near the same level as the million dollar mans charisma and ring presence. He's like a jacked up Matt Hughes, just some generic guy.

Mark. fucking. Henry. World Champion!

Somewhere in the world, that little hand of his loins is signing to itself "My Daddy is a World Champion!" in utter excitement. :lol:

[quote name='Regian']Don't you mean Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots: The Movie?[/QUOTE]

I actually laughed the first time I saw the Real Steel trailer and realized it wasn't tongue-in-cheek.

Regarding Mark Henry - Awesome result. If he were slightly better as far as workrate goes (think Vader), he could be one of the all time great monster heels. As it stands, I don't think he has the time/youth to improve much more physically but yeah, he earned it.

I may start watching Smackdown again. I'm excited to see Henry as the champ hope fully they keep him this dominant and he doesn't get injured again.

Wow.
What a way to kill the past 2 months. Cena wins. WTF, WWE? Seriously.

I shouldn't have expected anything different, really.

[quote name='steve nash']why are you all spoiler tagging results of a live ppv

sexual chocolate and cena new champs[/QUOTE]

Because not everybody is able to watch live events as they happen and TiVo exists for a reason.

Anyone want to take wagers on Hugh Jackman winning the title tomorrow? He could use the robot to win the belt so it would be credible and keep John Cena as a viable champion. If they are going to embrace WCW 2000, they might as well go all the way.

[quote name='advanced']Because not everybody is able to watch live events as they happen and TiVo exists for a reason.[/QUOTE]

C'mon man. Let's not live in fantasy land. No one is paying 55 dollars for a PPV and watching it later. The only people complaining about spoilers are waiting for a torrent to hit because their stream cut out on them.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Live events are kosher for posting on.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaseyRyback']C'mon man. Let's not live in fantasy land. No one is paying 55 dollars for a PPV and watching it later. The only people complaining about spoilers are waiting for a torrent to hit because their stream cut out on them.[/QUOTE]

It may be kosher, but as a former night crew worker who had countless basketball games and WWE events ruined for me, I'll let people click through if they really care tonight. I can always remove them if I really care.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']C'mon man. Let's not live in fantasy land. No one is paying 55 dollars for a PPV and watching it later. The only people complaining about spoilers are waiting for a torrent to hit because their stream cut out on them.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much right on the money.

PUNK/HHH is up.

[quote name='advanced']It may be kosher, but as a former night crew worker who had countless basketball games and WWE events ruined for me, I'll let people click through if they really care tonight. I can always remove them if I really care.[/QUOTE]

By that logic every post on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday should also be spoilered since it might reveal what happened during those events.

Wouldn't it just be better if you were able to exercise self control and just not view the thread?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']By that logic every post on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday should also be spoilered since it might reveal what happened during those events.[/QUOTE]

Seriously I can't believe you have such a problem with this. I've been "that guy" who's had shit ruined for them, and I don't like being "that guy" who ruins shit for those guys. What about that is 'wrong'? If you care to read the post, click through, if not, pass by it. Simple as that. I'm not breaking any rules or anything, I'm just looking out for possibly what is 1 guy. It doesn't take any longer to post spoiler tags, nor click them actually.

Honestly, for a PPV the only thing you can do is just not go on the internet until you watch it. People like to change sigs/avatars for big events that happen, I had Punk's MitB cash-in on Raw spoiled that way.

[quote name='Genocidal']Honestly, for a PPV the only thing you can do is just not go on the internet until you watch it. People like to change sigs/avatars for big events that happen, I had Punk's MitB cash-in on Raw spoiled that way.[/QUOTE]

See? Self-control, and somebody posting it because its 'kosher' don't go hand in hand. I'm just trying to not be a dick.

[quote name='advanced']See? Self-control, and somebody posting it because its 'kosher' don't go hand in hand. I'm just trying to not be a dick.[/QUOTE]

So what I just said is correct in your eyes. Anytime something happens it should be put into spoiler tags? You used something that happened on an episode of Raw as proof that people should be spoiler tagging their posts. That is flat out ridiculous. I am not even watching the PPV so it isn't like I really care that much, but it seems pretty ridiculous that everyone should cater to the minority. If an event was that important to you either you would watch it live or seclude yourself from anything that might ruin it.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']So what I just said is correct in your eyes. Anytime something happens it should be put into spoiler tags? You used something that happened on an episode of Raw as proof that people should be spoiler tagging their posts. That is flat out ridiculous. I am not even watching the PPV so it isn't like I really care that much, but it seems pretty ridiculous that everyone should cater to the minority. If an event was that important to you either you would watch it live or seclude yourself from anything that might ruin it.[/QUOTE]

Nobody said they had to cater to a minority. I'm doing it personally. If others do it, I don't really care. I never told everybody they had to, I'm simply doing it because I don't want to be a dick. And by pointing that out, I was saying that people can still have things ruined by people on here. Simple as that.

Can I ask why you have such an issue with this? I'm one guy doing it, and I'm not telling others to do it. When someone asked why I'm doing it, I answered honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back