The "WWE doesn't use 'Wrestling' anymore, so TNA is #1 by default" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RedvsBlue']Funny, I thought there was a 4th guy with them as well... Hmm, mustabeen mistaken. That would have been pretty radical if there was 4 of them coming over to WWF... :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Marty! You have to go back!!

23ua8ug.gif

Got a survey from the WWE regarding potential PPV names. Nothing too exciting since it was basically just "Do you like any/all of these names , and how much do you like them if you do". Names included:
WWE Uprising , WWE Rebellion , WWE Champions and WWE Vengeance.

Kinda funny that only 1 of those names is actually new (I think). 2 of those names used to be used anyway , and the other one is just a mod of another name. Still better names than the generic ones they've been using like Money in the Bank , Hell in the Cell , ect.

Wonder if they're gonna change the name Wrestlemania considering it has the word "Wrestle" in it and you no Vince wants nothing to do with it.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Got a survey from the WWE regarding potential PPV names. Nothing too exciting since it was basically just "Do you like any/all of these names , and how much do you like them if you do". Names included:
WWE Uprising , WWE Rebellion , WWE Champions and WWE Vengeance.

Kinda funny that only 1 of those names is actually new (I think). 2 of those names used to be used anyway , and the other one is just a mod of another name. Still better names than the generic ones they've been using like Money in the Bank , Hell in the Cell , ect.[/QUOTE]

Uprising, Rebellion, and Vengeance will make the cut. Champions sounds lame without "Night of" before it.

Let's just call em this:

January - WWE Rumble
February - WWE Elimination
March - WWE Mania
April - WWE Extreme
May - WWE Money (New Name - WWE Uprising?)
June - WWE 4-Way (New Name - WWE Scramble?)
July - WWE Limit (New Name - WWE Unforgiven?)
August - WWE Summer (New Name - WWE HeatWave?)
September - WWE Champions (New Name - WWE Starcade?)
October - WWE Rights/WWE Cell (New name(s) - WWE Vengance/WWE Backlash?)
November - WWE Survivors
December - WWE TLC (New Name - WWE Armageddon?)

I wonder what all the old school cats like PS Hayes, JR, King all think about this whole "we're not wrestling" bullshit. What a total slap in the face. There is absolutely no way this is going to work, I think Vince sees paparazzi following WWE stars and showing up in US Weekly or some shit.

[quote name='Clak']Maybe Marvel's attitude has changed then. Was a time that I doubt they would have appreciated it.[/QUOTE]

He's been doing similar things since 8 years ago at WrestleMania XIX when he came out dressed as Daredevil. The next year, he was the Flash. WrestleMania 25, he dressed as Joker, but that's DC Comics.

Impact last night was pretty terrible. Mr. Anderson is a guy I loved in WWE, but his annoying promos during which he screams "ASSHOLE!" over and over are as annoying as the women screaming in their shrill, Stephanie McMahon-esque tones and calling each other "bitch" every other word.

[quote name='mykevermin']On the note of taking wrestling seriously, Austin Aries cuts a great promo for next Tuesday's (???) iPPV from Evolve:[/QUOTE]

fucking love that promo, along with the Larry Sweeney (RIP) one posted in the last thread.

That Jamie Dundee video linked earlier, though... ugh. Of course, if that's representative of youshoot... ugh even more.

I'm liking Cody's promo right now on SD, but it'd be way more effective if it were a backstage segment with him hanging out in a dark boiler room or something.

I rented that new Kurt Angle movie Shadowboxer or something like that.. It's got Angle, Kevin Nash, Sid Vicious and get this Ray "Glacier" Lyyod. The last Angle movie where he played that perv killer puts this one to shame, acting and quality wise. It's so bad it's funny.

Awesome show overall. Everything served a purpose. The Laycool counseling was short and sweet, and Edge's stuff was incredible. I had tears in my eyes during the speech at a couple of points. Loved him getting a chance to give his mother credit and give her a hug and then put the title down in the center of the ring. He got a better sendoff than HBK, and in some ways, his whole deal was better than Flair's because it was spread over two shows. Brodus-Kane was a lot of fun during the battle royal, as was Booker T thinking WWE should implement an interim championship system and somehow confusing Drew and Barrett. Take THAT WWE cookie cutter system.

Screens -

Edge doing a fine Zach Morris impersonation.

Quotes -

Booker - ALBERTO DEL RIO IS STILL THE NUMBER 1 CONTENDER. IN POSITION TO BE THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
Alberto - MY NAME IS ALBERTO DEL RIOOOOOO! But tonight, it’s not about me. Tonight is about somebody else. Last Monday, when Edge announced his retirement, the entire locker room and the WWE Universe lost a hero. When I THINK ABOUT EDGE, I THINK ABOUT RESPECT. In his 13 year WWE career, he held more titles than anybody. And now he’s giving up on everything in this incredible business. To be honest, I can’t imagine how he feels right now. This was his life. His passion. His love! And even though it was my destiny to be the World champion, I never wanted it to be like this. However, since he’s here to surrender the title and since I earned the right to be the number 1 contender again, I think it’s fair and just that this incredible man, this great athlete, come out right here, and right now, and present me with the world championship!
Crowd - EDGE! EDGE! EDGE! (Teddy comes out)
Teddy - Well Alberto, sorry to disppoint ya, but it won’t be going down like that tonight. No one will be presenting you anything, not at all.
Alberto - I’m the number 1 contender.
Teddy - Yeah, and because of that when you became the number 1 contender last week, you earned the right to compete for the world title at Extreme Rules in a ladder match. AND THAT’S WHAT YOU’RE GONNA DO. Now as for who will be facing, it will be the winner of our main event - a 20 man over the top battle royal!
Alberto - WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? I’M THE NUMBER 1 CONTENDER, I SHOULD BE THE CHAMPION! THIS IS…A CONSPIRACY! I NEVER LIKE YOU TEDDY, NEVER!
Teddy - Well, that’s how we roll here on SD, playa.
Alberto - I’m glad I hurt Edge! I’M GLAD I’M THE MAN WHO FORCED HIM TO RETIRE! IT WAS HIS DESTINY TO END UP LIKE A CRIPPLED COWARD! JUST LIKE IT IS MY DESTINY TO BE THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT…
Teddy - RIGHT NOW, YOUR DESTINY IS TO SHUT UP!
Cole - IT’S A CONSPIRACY!
Barrett - I didn’t need anyone’s help to win the IC title.
Booker - WHAT!?
Barrett - Did you see that match?
Slater - We seen it.
Josh - What!?
Slater - WE SEEN IT!
Josh - Whoever said that has bad grammar.
Barrett - Zeke isn’t the smartest guy - but I help him with that.
Booker - LOOK AT THE ROLLS IN ZEKE’S HEAD. LOOK AT DA ROLLS!
Zeke - After the battle royal, the there of you and everyone in the WWE Universe will know why I’m the personification of DOMINATION. AND NEW BUMBER 1 CONTENDER!
McCool - Lay, WHY ARE WE HERE!?
Layla - We’re like Bert and Ernie and Velma and Louise.
McCool - Thelma and Louise. AND YOU’RE COMPARING US TO TWO PUPPETS AND TWO PEOPLE WHO DROVE OFF A CLIFF TOGETHER!?
Layla - CUZ THEY WERE FRIENDS!
Cody - After I defeated Rey at WM in what I thought was going to be the biggest night of my life, I expected to feel vindicated. And instead, I feel… I feel NOTHING. It’s not enough and tonight, I’m competing in the battle royal for a chance to compete for the world heavyweight championship at Extreme Rules. Will that be enough? If I win the World title, IS THERE A VICTORY!? IS THERE A MOMENT THAT WILL ERASE THE MEMORY OF THE LOOK OF THE MONSTER I SAW IN THE MIRROR AFTER REY PURPOSELY CRUSHED MY FACE. Rey is a father. And I’m sure countless nights, he’s tucked his kids into bed that there is no monster in the closet or under the bed. I’m not stopping until I make you that monster! I WANT THOSE CHILDREN TO BE HORRIFIED BY THE SIGHT OF YOUR FACE! AS I’M HORRIFIED AT THE SIGHT OF MINE AND THAT IS VINDICATION!
Booker - DREW MCINTYRE IS GONNA BE A BREAKOUT STAR IN 2011!
Josh - THE INTENSE STARE from Drew McIntyre.
Booker - WADE BARRETT COULD GET THE BIGGEST WIN OF HIS LIFE TONIGHT!
Cole - IT’S DREW MCINTYRE!
Booker - My bad.
Booker - Rey got up in the lights there, he was so high.
Crowd - EDGE! EDGE!
Edge - I will never get tired of that. For those who may have missed it, I’m being forced to retire. And what it’s made me do is open my eyes to everything again and soak it up, almost like I’m seeing it for the first time. Like my entrance. I’ve been involved in some of the most insane matches in the WWE. Some of the most insane moments. Whether it was creating TLC. 20 foot super spears. Diving into flaming tables with tacks in my back. Elimination Chamber or Cell matches against the Undertaker. No matter what, every time I went into a match like that and took a red-eye and had been up for 48 hours, once I heard my music, and I may be biased, but it’s the coolest one in WWE. Thanks to Alterbridge for giving me that. And then hearing you all feed me that energy. Ah…
Crowd - THANK YOU EDGE! THANK YOU EDGE!
Edge - Every time I came out, you gave me goosebumps and I have to do that one more time. So if you guys will bear with me, I’m gonna do it one last time. Sound good?
Cole - HE HAS ONE 31 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN WWE!
Booker - I know exactly what Edge is going through right now. It’s hard to get it out of your system.
Edge - I’m out of shape already - that tired me out! Listen, I since I announced my retirement. The outpouring from everyone has been insane. And a lot of people are sad that my career is forced to end. But I think that everyone’s happy about the fact that the WWE and our team of doctors caught this before I was in a ladder match and landed and couldn’t get up. I’m happy about that. I’m happy about looking at the rest of my life. Me and my girl are gonna go hiking in the mountains and surfing. I’m happy about the fact I get to wear one of my TWO SUITS. I’m not much of a suit guy, but I thought I might as well go out in style - $100 at JC Penney. I’m happy that I got to come to Albany. I really am. I’m not just blowing smoke because this is where I won my first WWE Championship. I was sitting in a rental car in Albany when I came up with the name Edge. What makes me most happy is that my mom could be here. That’s the strongest woman I’ve ever met. That woman right there.
Crowd - THANK YOU MOM! THANK YOU MOM!
Booker - Wow.
Edge - She gave me the strength to get through the broken neck. Without her support, I wouldn’t have been able to do it. So everyone here, give your moms a call tonight. I’m happy to be here in front of all of you. I don’t want it to get sappy, although I guess it already has, but to me, this title has meant everything to me. I worked my entire career to hold this. BUT it’s not just mine. It never has been. Each and everyone of you holds a piece of this - it’s symbolic. But now it’s time for me to do what I have to do. And that is relinquish the world title. It’s cool - I gotta do it man. In closing, I really just…wanna thank all of you. It’s been one hell of a career. It’s been a hell of a ride. Thank you very much.
Rosa - Spanish.
Edge - I have no idea what you just said, but you had me at quero.
Booker - SD is brought to you by JUST FOR ME - COLE!
Cole - WHAT!?
Booker - Miss Cool thinks she’s THE ONE.
Josh - BIG SHOW WITH THE WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION!
Booker - Normally, the number 1 contender becomes the interim champion, that’s what I think shoulda happened.
Booker - T REX GOT A WHOLE LOTTA TALENT!
Josh - CHRISTIAN ILIMINATES YOSHI TATSU!
Cole - GABRIEL ELIMINATES BARRETT!
Booker - AWWW NOW WE GOT BEEF!
Booker - IF YOU WANNA BE CHAMPION IN WWE, YOU GOTTA GO THROUGH HELL AND HIGH WATER!
Booker - CHRISTIAN IS THE MOST UNDERRATED SUPERSTAR IN WWE. HE CAN DO IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Waltman apparently put on an awesome performance at CHIKARA. Good for him for getting his shit together and managing to go all-out so soon after his guardrail stabbing.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I love Booker's wackiness, but he's nowhere near JBL's level as far as a recent wrestler-turned-commentator goes.[/QUOTE]

Or Foley, or Tazz, or Matt Striker, ...or Josh Matthews.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Or Foley, or Tazz, or Matt Striker, ...or Josh Matthews.[/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope this was an attempt at sarcasm because Tazz should not be anywhere near a microphone. His commentary makes me long for the days of drunk Don West.....

[quote name='mykevermin']You just described the WWE style in a nutshell. Cara's no different than anyone else up there.

There was a time years back when my favorite worker was Chavo Guerrero, who was at the time a perennial Velocity jobber. His matches made sense - he'd consistently work one body part over the match. So much so his matches felt different - they felt more realistic. Someone takes a shoulder to the post, you work the shoulder.

I don't want to spend an inordinate amount of time explaining how we got to punch-punch-punch-SPOT wrestling, but I largely blame ECW and especially Rob Van Dam.[/QUOTE]

RVD was a spot wrestler but he had the charisma to make it work and it was also mostly his gimmick. However, that's giving him too much credit for an entire industry change as I'd blame The Rock and post-injury Stone Cold the most.

After 1997, Austin's matches became all punches, a kick, and then his finisher. The Rock tried to not make it so obvious by poorly executing every move he could think of but he too was just going from one spot to another. I'd venture to guess that's why every match follows that same format now. Granted, I'd rather have that though than the 80's/90's style where people would work a body part forever and then hit an unrelated finisher to end the match.

And mostly, that's just lucha style too, but atleast there you have the benefit of multiple people in or near the ring.

Well for all of those that wanted to know what happened to Justin Credible he will be wrestling in an independent wrestling group here in the Detroit area this Sunday.

Its called International Bigtime Wrestling and they are having their 4th Anniversary show tomorrow. They wrestle inside the local polish hall that is a few blocks away from my house and I might just go. They also have a website to check out ibwdetroit.weebly.com.

[quote name='cdeener']Well for all of those that wanted to know what happened to Justin Credible he will be wrestling in an independent wrestling group here in the Detroit area this Sunday.

Its called International Bigtime Wrestling and they are having their 4th Anniversary show tomorrow. They wrestle inside the local polish hall that is a few blocks away from my house and I might just go. They also have a website to check out ibwdetroit.weebly.com.[/QUOTE]

Go. I went to an indy event not long ago (no big names even!) and had a good time. There were kids and adults who were way into it and some of the heels were just eating it up. Besides, go to support some local wrestling and local guys.

[quote name='Spyder187']I sincerely hope this was an attempt at sarcasm because Tazz should not be anywhere near a microphone.[/QUOTE]

No. Tazz & Cole on Smackdown, at one time, was the best pair on TV.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Go. I went to an indy event not long ago (no big names even!) and had a good time. There were kids and adults who were way into it and some of the heels were just eating it up. Besides, go to support some local wrestling and local guys.[/QUOTE]Nothing beats watching live Wrestling. The last indy show I went to was hot all night. They booed the crap out of this fat guy who came out to "Dead & Bloated" by the Stone Temple Pilots. He hailed from "anywhere but stinking [Insert Your Town's Name Here]".:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='KaneRobot']No. Tazz & Cole on Smackdown, at one time, was the best pair on TV.[/QUOTE]

They were also great in Smackdown: Just Bring It on the PS2. :)

[quote name='rvdrock']Since when did TNA start piping in these awful crowd boos and cheers. It's damn near unbearable.[/QUOTE]

Kinda reminds me of when WCW dubbed over the actual crowd booing at Hogan during his face run (pre-nWo). I wouldn't be shocked if the Impact Zone is giving an reaction to things at the tapings not to the liking of the company so they are dubbing over the real crowd reaction with those awful taped boos and cheers.

Couple of friends are going to Lockdown tonight. I'm curious to see how US Bank Arena looks for a TNA PPV.

Last wrestling show I went to there was probably 2005 or so (earlier, perhaps?). The only major feud I remember was Eddie Guerrero vs Big Show.

I'm sure TNA will do a half house, so it will look full on the side the hard camera shoots. I remember a WCW Worldwide taping I went to in 91 where they made the whole arena move to the other side and fill in seats, lol.

[quote name='JP']Drug trip I'm assuming.[/QUOTE]
Jeff Hardy's clean, man.

Kidding.

I guarantee someone from WCW's marketing department is now working for TNA. Bruise Cruise, anyone?

For an even worse name, how about WWF's old Wrestle Vessel?

World Wrestling Entertainment has hired Tom Cassielo, who won several Daytime Emmys for his writing on As The World Turns, for their creative team.

Cassielo has spent the last decade working on different soap operas, including holding a stint as Associate Head Writer of Days of Our Lives, as well as positions with One Life to Live and The Young & The Restless,

Aww, motherfuck.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but Best Buy has a bunch of newer WWE DVD sets on sale for $12.99. I got Big Show: A Giants World, WM 26 and Greatest High Flyers. They had several others as well, including the Jericho one, the new WM Documentary one, and the Heenan and new Cena DVD's

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Excellent, more angles based on marriages and weddings.[/QUOTE]

And more necrophilia, woo!

:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back