The WWE Wrestlemania 25 Thread

[quote name='Rocko']Out of curiosity, what's the problem with them billing it as the 25th anniversary?[/QUOTE]

It's what "anniversary" means. The 25th incarnation of something is not the 25th anniversary. Make sense?

When the fuck did Finlay start wearing a Road Warrior jacket?

[quote name='JJSP']If Christian wins and drags Swagger out for a quickie ECW match, I quit watching wrestling.[/quote]

I have to agree with you.

Since he got to Wrestlemania today, myke.

I'd like to see Mark Henry be forced to climb up a nearly broken ladder and have to break as he's about to grab the briefcase.

"Controlled frenzy"

May Cole lose his voice by 8:00.

"Kane only needs one ring" (while he's throwing out a ladder)

Less than 20 minutes in, JR.

Just to restate my predictions from the last thread:
Mizorrison over Colonoscopy. (Wrong)
MVP wins MitB
Legends over Jericho
Matt over Jeff
JBL over Rey
Underbiker over Michaels
Orton over HHH
Edge in the 3-way

If we get lucky, Henry overshoots his fall and takes out Cole, leading to Striker jogging to the ring and high-fiving Tony Atlas.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Since he got to Wrestlemania today, myke.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. It fits his character about as appropriately as a pink pea coat would suit Randy Orton.

I think I'm watching a channel hosted by some special needs kids. they were laughing at the hornswoggle ladder spot.

[quote name='JJSP']If we get lucky, Henry overshoots his fall and takes out Cole, leading to Striker jogging to the ring and high-fiving Tony Atlas.[/quote]
:whistle2:s From jumping off the rope on the opposite side of the ring? You may be underestimate the damage it'd cause.

[quote name='TheRock88']Yet another Shelton botch

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. And MVP looked like he smacked his head bad.

This will probably be the first time that the MitB winner doesn't win the title. I can't see Punk getting another title run after the way they treated him last summer.

Holy shit. Didn't see that coming at all.

Great match. Mark Henry worked surprisingly well in there.

EDIT: The official meat snack of the WWE? LOL.

What happened to Kofi? I stepped away for a sec and didnt see him at all except when him and Punk dove out of the ring onto everyone else.

I was hoping that Punk wouldn't repeat, but I'm fine with it more than about half of the field winning. When do we get to see his future title reign get buried as quickly as he wins it?

It definitely was a quick match, especially when they cut the tag title match because they just couldn't fit it in to the lineup.

People here have NO standards.

Horrible match. The worst of all the Money in the Bank Ladder matches. One botch after another, Mark Henry being barely able to move (that clothesline to Kane in the corner at the beginning of the match set the business back a good 20 years), horrible ending...

Can't get much worse.

That is until Mae Young wins the bitches battle royal.

[quote name='Matt Young']I missed the botch. What happened?[/quote]

Both MVP and Shelton were on the ladder and Shelton tried to do a sunset flip powerbomb but couldnt hold onto MVP and I think he hit his face onto the ladder.

[quote name='TheRock88']What happened to Kofi? I stepped away for a sec and didnt see him at all except when him and Punk dove out of the ring onto everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Same thing that happens to everyone in WWE matches with more than 2 participants at a time: they mysteriously turn into weaklings who, upon getting kicked or punched, roll out of the ring and lay there for 3 minutes at a time while someone else runs into the ring to take on their role.

WWE: Where 8-man matches give you all the action of singles competition!

Trust me on this; you'll see that 85% of the Cena/Edge/Show match will be this way, too. They've had this formula since the "WWF" days.

Kid Rock. Boy, I'm excited. What relevance. What contemporary importance. He even wore his Wrestlemania flannel and shit-stained jeans.

EDIT: Dammit. Y'all know I don't think very highly of ol' Survivor Charlie, but he's spot on about the MitB match. It was really bad, and when it wasn't bad, it was totally fabricated.

bread's done
Back