The WWE Wrestlemania 25 Thread

[quote name='TheRock88']Maybe it wasnt meant to be broken[/QUOTE]
scanners1123.jpg

i like how the ref covered his eyes when randy rolled out hte ring....smart ref!

[quote name='dphizz']the ref sells bumps better than trip does lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='strongpimphand']i like how the ref covered his eyes when randy rolled out hte ring....smart ref![/QUOTE]

Remember the ref is a member of the Armstrong family which means he use to be a wrestler so he should know how to sell a move.

[quote name='mykevermin']

It'll be as awesome as Triple H/Steiner II![/QUOTE]

To Steiner/HHH's credit, it wasn't nearly as bad as Steiner/HHH I was.

That's like comparing syphilis to AIDS, but still...

I think we have a new Worst Wrestlemania Main Event ever.

Somewhere in Arkansas, Sid is smiling. He's off the hook.

Worst Wrestlemania in 20 years.

Well, when it's all said and done, the show's over, the afterparties starting for the wrestlers, the fans filing out to their cars, and people sitting, quietly staring at their televisions, feeling thoroughly dissatisfied that they spent a lot of good money on this show...

...I sit back, and think, thankfully, thankfully...a new Heroes is on tomorrow at 9PM.

I stayed up for this shit. They should have at least let Orton win then lose the belt but I knew he wasn't because they will never let somebody win over the McMahons.

I just hope that the draft is interesting which it probably won't be.

.....I'M STILL MAD!

But, I watched for free...so oh well!

Just that cot damn....the ending was so damn lackluster. I know if Vinnie mac could do it all over again...he would have made the last main event the first one and the UT match the last match

Cot damn! That shit was pitiful! I mean....cot damn!

[quote name='mykevermin']

...I sit back, and think, thankfully, thankfully...a new Heroes is on tomorrow at 9PM.[/QUOTE]

House for me. Rumor has it Kutner dies tomorrow.

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, when it's all said and done, the show's over, the afterparties starting for the wrestlers, the fans filing out to their cars, and people sitting, quietly staring at their televisions, feeling thoroughly dissatisfied that they spent a lot of good money on this show...

...I sit back, and think, thankfully, thankfully...a new Heroes is on tomorrow at 9PM.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is that this couldn't have happened at a worst time because most people will be too busy watching the NCAA Men's Championship tomorrow at that time, too. So, Raw should get a horrible rating in its main demographic anyway.

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, when it's all said and done, the show's over, the afterparties starting for the wrestlers, the fans filing out to their cars, and people sitting, quietly staring at their televisions, feeling thoroughly dissatisfied that they spent a lot of good money on this show...

...I sit back, and think, thankfully, thankfully...a new Heroes is on tomorrow at 9PM.[/quote]

I just remembered that the Cubs first game is tomorrow night at 6:05. It should last a good three hours. Not sure what I'll watch after that.

Anyway, who wants to watch the encore with me????

[quote name='mykevermin']...I sit back, and think, thankfully, thankfully...a new Heroes is on tomorrow at 9PM.[/quote]

24 and How I Met Your Mother for me! :D

[quote name='strongpimphand'].....I'M STILL MAD!

But, I watched for free...so oh well!

Just that cot damn....the ending was so damn lackluster. I know if Vinnie mac could do it all over again...he would have made the last main event the first one and the UT match the last match

Cot damn! That shit was pitiful! I mean....cot damn![/QUOTE]

See, that's where you're wrong. He's probably patting their backs right now and telling them what a phenomenal match they put on. Can't wait to see what they have planned for Backlash. Probably a cage match.

Some people are fortunate in how their wrestling peers perceive them; they'll come up with any excuse to blame a bad match. The crowd was tired, the crowd didn't get it, the match was too advanced for the crowd, etc. But if you're not in that protected circle...well, if you're not in the inner circle you might as well ask Christian how he gets by from day to day, since he's experienced in the area.

For as much passion and fire and personal drama got caught up in the Triple H/Orton storyline, they totally, totally, totally, totally shit the fucking bed with that match. They slept through something they should have killed each other over. You attack my wife and the first thing I'm going to do is come after your throat with a knife; I'm not going to be interested in whether or not smashing a monitor over your head causes me to lose a fucking wrestling belt. I'm going to be thinking about how the glass and metal of the monitor are going to slice your scalp, your ears, your face.

Shit.

the.

bed.

This is easily top 5 worst wrestlemanias of all time. easy.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']

Anyway, who wants to watch the encore with me????[/quote]

:wave:

I started watching during the Cena match, so I wanna see MitB and Undertaker

[quote name='manthing']:wave:

I started watching during the Cena match, so I wanna see MitB and Undertaker[/quote]

HBK/Taker will be on at 1:00 AM EST. I advise turning it off after the MitB and watching it again at 1:00.

[quote name='mykevermin']See, that's where you're wrong. He's probably patting their backs right now and telling them what a phenomenal match they put on. Can't wait to see what they have planned for Backlash. Probably a cage match.[/quote]

Hell in a Cell? Isn't it that time of year?

[quote name='mykevermin']For as much passion and fire and personal drama got caught up in the Triple H/Orton storyline, they totally, totally, totally, totally shit the fucking bed with that match. They slept through something they should have killed each other over. You attack my wife and the first thing I'm going to do is come after your throat with a knife; I'm not going to be interested in whether or not smashing a monitor over your head causes me to lose a fucking wrestling belt. I'm going to be thinking about how the glass and metal of the monitor are going to slice your scalp, your ears, your face.

Shit.

the.

bed.

This is easily top 5 worst wrestlemanias of all time. easy.[/quote]

I was hoping HHH would end up snapping and beating the fuck out of Orton...horrible Main Event.

[quote name='manthing']I didn't know Christian came back to the WWF[/QUOTE]

It's hard to notice someone who doesn't really fit into the grand scheme of things on the show.

[quote name='manthing']I didn't know Christian came back to the WWF[/quote]

And that's a good summary of the WWE's problems.

Lame main event. Even if I wasn't a Orton mark I still say it sucked. Tonight could have been a chance for a new order in the WWE to begin with Orton winning. Instead its yet another HHH winning the main event and holding the gold to close the show finish. At least we didn't have to suffer through the stupid angle that went into HHH/Jericho at WM18 but still.

Oh well.... sun still rises and sets each day, right Myke? ;)

[quote name='Demolition Man']At least we didn't have to suffer through the stupid angle that went into HHH/Jericho at WM18 but still. [/QUOTE]

That's because they killed a dog in the Jeff/Matt angle already.

I, for one, wouldn't have minded seeing Orton punt Triple H's bulldog.

oh yea, let's not forget JBL's 22 second match!

I'm guessing this will segway into him going back to his job at SD announcing....him and cole again????

i promise, the cena match was eh, the HHH match was ugh, and the hour I wasted on the two is maddening!!!!

...but this begs the question: who leads off raw tomorrow? a victorious cena? seething orton? battle torn hbk? money in the bank punk fudging up on the mike?

That was fucking terrible.

Outside of the HBK / Taker match and the crowd at the bar being redhot, WM25 was utter shit. Especially that ending. Punt kick -> Sledgehammer -> Punch x 20 -> Pedigree -> Pin??????????

No back & forth, no close calls, no HOLY SHIT moments. Why the fuck was this last?

That's it, I'm giving up on Pro Wrestling again for the umpteenth time. I'm sick & fucking tired of SUPER HHH & SUPER CENA.

fuck WWE.

[quote name='mykevermin']See, that's where you're wrong. He's probably patting their backs right now and telling them what a phenomenal match they put on. Can't wait to see what they have planned for Backlash. Probably a cage match.

Some people are fortunate in how their wrestling peers perceive them; they'll come up with any excuse to blame a bad match. The crowd was tired, the crowd didn't get it, the match was too advanced for the crowd, etc. But if you're not in that protected circle...well, if you're not in the inner circle you might as well ask Christian how he gets by from day to day, since he's experienced in the area.

For as much passion and fire and personal drama got caught up in the Triple H/Orton storyline, they totally, totally, totally, totally shit the fucking bed with that match. They slept through something they should have killed each other over. You attack my wife and the first thing I'm going to do is come after your throat with a knife; I'm not going to be interested in whether or not smashing a monitor over your head causes me to lose a fucking wrestling belt. I'm going to be thinking about how the glass and metal of the monitor are going to slice your scalp, your ears, your face.

Shit.

the.

bed.

This is easily top 5 worst wrestlemanias of all time. easy.[/quote]
Yeah, that was the odd thing about the match since it didn't fit any of the stuff that was done to build it up. At least a Hell in a Cell match or no disqualification match would've said that they meant it about trying to kill each other, but that DQ stipulation just handicapped the match. If you watched the match first and then the build-up, you'd probably have been wrong about what lead up to it.

[quote name='strongpimphand']oh yea, let's not forget JBL's 22 second match![/quote]

I swear the WWE just decided to rerun both the MITB and the ECW results from last year onto this year's Mania... except swap the ECW belt for the IC belt. At least at WM24 the ECW eight second (or whatever) match didn't really drag down the overall vibe of the show since for the most part the rest of the show delievered. Really wish I could say the same about WM25.

...but this begs the question: who leads off raw tomorrow? a victorious cena? seething orton? battle torn hbk? money in the bank punk fudging up on the mike?

Punk is capable of doing well on the mic as his heel work in ROH has shown. The problem is that Punk is a terrible babyface. If the WWE wants to be smart they need to turn Punk heel and have a fued with Cena. If they can do this right by no longer having Cena do childish things and act adult along with having Punk come across as a nasty heel as he was in ROH then it could work.

[quote name='neocisco']With an open seat on SD and JBL retiring don't be surprised to see the announce teams shuffled during the draft.[/QUOTE]

My prefered shuffle:

RAW = JR and JBL (his "retirement" is from in-ring wrestling)
ECW = Striker and Grisham
Smackdown = Cole and Lawler
Superstars = JR and Grisham (since its taped before RAW plus Grisham is usually on RAW anyways)

bread's done
Back