The Zen and Art of OTT Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaseyRyback']:rofl:

I was not even referring to them not having keyboard and mouse support, mainly to mods and levels. People end up adding so much to the game that all this content is going to be missed out on if you play on the 360.[/QUOTE]
Epic said they're shooting to have user mods available on the PS3 and 360.

Who cares about Unreal Tournament 3? I highly doubt anyone with a 360 will be taking Halo 3 out of the tray for a long long time.

[quote name='Brak']What do you mean by "gimped"?[/QUOTE]

I mean that things such as user made content is going to be allowed to be freely downloaded on the PS3 without having to go through a certification period, like what occurs on the PC. On the 360, since content is controlled by microsoft, anytime something is going to made by a user it would have to be certifed to be able to be downloaded through live. Sure this means that some stuff will probably show up (couple of mod and level packs), but the majority of content that users make will be missed out on. This may not seem all that significant, but people tend to put a lot of time into this game and being able to play all the new maps people make extends the life of the game significantly.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I mean that things such as user made content is going to be allowed to be freely downloaded on the PS3 without having to go through a certification period, like what occurs on the PC. On the 360, since content is controlled by microsoft, anytime something is going to made by a user it would have to be certifed to be able to be downloaded through live. Sure this means that some stuff will probably show up (couple of mod and level packs), but the majority of content that users make will be missed out on. This may not seem all that significant, but people tend to put a lot of time into this game and being able to play all the new maps people make extends the life of the game significantly.[/QUOTE]
I'll take the trade-off of being able to talk in a mic, having a decent online service and being able to get those shiny medals of honor.

[quote name='Brak']I'll take the trade-off of being able to talk in a mic, having a decent online service and being able to get those shiny medals of honor.[/quote]

QFT.

I'm getting into the achievement game and mannn does it make games addicting. I don't think I'll put myself through punishing games anymore though.. Tomb Raider Legend was enough for me. :/

[quote name='Brak']I'll take the trade-off of being able to talk in a mic, having a decent online service and being able to get those shiny medals of honor.[/QUOTE]

If cross platform play actually occurs like it is supposed to, then all the above issues will not be a problem (except for earning achievements). Also I would rather play the game in November rather than wait six or so months for the 360 version.

[quote name='Brak']I'll take the trade-off of being able to talk in a mic, having a decent online service and being able to get those shiny medals of honor.[/quote]You can use a mic, and the online service should be good for that game and free.

Medals?
Eh. Gotz to raise your gamerscore I guess.

Also, there's KB/M support on the PS3.
True for 360?

Damnit.

141978086_42aac5cf56.jpg
I R dallowing u!!!!

Hmm... I really wanna try and start to play guitar.. But i just want to teach myself (maybe on youtube?) hmm... has anyone else tought themselves how to play?

it seems like it would be so cool, i already have a handful of songs in mind that i want to play lol

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Who cares about Unreal Tournament 3? I highly doubt anyone with a 360 will be taking Halo 3 out of the tray for a long long time.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Unreal Tourny sucks anyways.

They need to be working on Gears 2.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Hmm... I really wanna try and start to play guitar.. But i just want to teach myself (maybe on youtube?) hmm... has anyone else tought themselves how to play?

it seems like it would be so cool, i already have a handful of songs in mind that i want to play lol[/QUOTE]

Tabs are easy to read, so you can teach yourself to play songs but it's gonna take a lot of practice.

DVRing Cool Hand Luke in HD today. I originally thought this was the one where Newman is a pool shark. But that's The Hustler. I'm such a dumbass.

[quote name='dallow']WTF? Someone dallowing me whilst dallowing her?[/quote]
I forgot to tell you I came upstate early. ^_______^

That IS the little azn girl you be dallowing, I just know it! I googled 'dallow' and got that.

[quote name='wubb']DVRing Cool Hand Luke in HD today. I originally thought this was the one where Newman is a pool shark. But that's The Hustler. I'm such a dumbass.[/QUOTE]

The Color of Money is the shiznit.

[quote name='dallow']WTF? Someone dallowing me whilst dallowing her?[/QUOTE]

Nah, looks more like a double dallow to me.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If cross platform play actually occurs like it is supposed to, then all the above issues will not be a problem (except for earning achievements). Also I would rather play the game in November rather than wait six or so months for the 360 version.[/QUOTE]
Well, I imagine that if did come out in November, for the 360, I'd never touch it.

[quote name='wubb']Nah, looks more like a double dallow to me.[/quote]

I'm waiting for stories of counter-dallowing (dallowed subjects start dallowing dallow).

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Tabs are easy to read, so you can teach yourself to play songs but it's gonna take a lot of practice.[/quote]
fuck tabs, i can't play a single note :cry:

[quote name='dallow']Damn DK, why you riding me?

Lunch in 1 and half hours.[/QUOTE]

So, what is the status of this phone number?

[quote name='wubb']Gears I'd love to check out. Bioshock and Dead Rising are two others that come to mind. Halo is just okay for me. If I finally get a 360 and get on live I'd maybe pick it up.[/quote]

See, I agree with you, minus Bioshock, since you could PC that if you wanted to play it.

What doesn't make sense to me, though, is when people tell me "get a 360 over a PS3" because it has "better games".

Hmmm... Wubb thinks of 3 exclusive games he'd like to play for the 360 and I can think of 2.

How is that any different than the 2 or 3 I can name for the PS3?

Ok, For some dumbass reason my bank never actually cleared the Fraudulent Charges and sent my bills to a collection agency. The bastards have not stopped calling me and are now going after my mom.
Being that Mastercard's Prestigious Indentity theft team wasn't able to do shit and came to the conclusion that I did make the charges, I decided I'm gonna have to fix this myself, so I called Abercrombie and got ahold of the people I needed to, and yup they found the order, the order number, my name and address as the billing address, what was ordered and where it was sent to.
They couldn't disclose the latter info to me, saying it was illegal or something. But, all I have to do know is go to the Police Department, file a police report and have them Fax Abercrombrie, who then in turn will release the information to them.

If it was this easy, to do this shit, both Mastercard and The Bank will feel my wrath.

:kickmagazinerack: :glitter: :graystone: :fridge:

Hai2u. Just bought Ratchet and Clan PSP for $28. Noez @ spending more than $15. I actually didn't think I'd win the auction, but oh well. I had the money in my PP account so it's all good. Basically got Zelda DS preordered and R&C PSP for the 3 DS games I eBay'd.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Isnt R&C 10 bucks at BB?[/quote]

If you can find it in the front lane, which is rare. It's $40 at mine since it isn't at the front lane.

[quote name='Dkellar']So, what is the status of this phone number?[/quote]Going to lunch now even though I really need to turn in these bills.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Millertime, your av is WILD.[/quote]
Haha, thanks, I'm thinking of changing it though [USC FOOTBALL SEASON BABY!] but idk.. gotta sport the chadwarden av though in any season :D

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Tabs aren't notes, they're just which strings to hold down.[/quote]
hmm.. yea i might have to look in to that... i was thinking like sheet music or something. i'll check it out, thanks.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']
hmm.. yea i might have to look in to that... i was thinking like sheet music or something. i'll check it out, thanks.[/quote]

Man, i have 3 guitars and i havent touched them in a long time....

[quote name='corrosivefrost']See, I agree with you, minus Bioshock, since you could PC that if you wanted to play it.

What doesn't make sense to me, though, is when people tell me "get a 360 over a PS3" because it has "better games".

Hmmm... Wubb thinks of 3 exclusive games he'd like to play for the 360 and I can think of 2.

How is that any different than the 2 or 3 I can name for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

360 is cheaper.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Man, i have 3 guitars and i havent touched them in a long time....[/quote]
My dad has an acoustic, I think it would be completley badass to bust em out, learn them, and play some dmb :cool: (dave matthews band)

My Uncle loves DMB and knows how to play guitar, i'll have to look to him for some pointers.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

How is that any different than the 2 or 3 I can name for the PS3?[/QUOTE]
Because your tastes are wildly different from the rest of the gaming community?
[quote name='wubb']360 is cheaper.[/QUOTE]
And that.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']My dad has an acoustic, I think it would be completley badass to bust em out, learn them, and play some dmb :cool: (dave matthews band)

My Uncle loves DMB and knows how to play guitar, i'll have to look to him for some pointers.[/quote]

Yea, i have an acoustic, Electric 6 string, and electric 7-string

Hold down the strings, strum them, swing your head around. You'll be loved my the ladies if you roar, too.

Post vids as well.

This kid that was a co-op last semester, he made this very large heart using the circuit mill we have here in the lab. It had like 40 red LED's on it that said "KATIE & KEVIN" and under neath said "Forever" which was etched using the mill was well. The other people in the lab gave him the nickname "Lover Boy" or just LB. The damn thing was fucking bright as hell too. He designed it to run with a 9V battery. Needless to say, if he did plug a 9V into that device of his, the battery would probably run for about 4 minutes till it ran out of power.

So I got let out of lab early. I'm thinking, '3 Hours until my next class, I'd love to catch Bourne Ultimatum.'

Unfortunately, I live in utter retard-ville and the closest place I can go is back in Augusta and even then it doesn't start for another 1:40. There's that idea fucked.

[quote name='wubb']360 is cheaper.[/quote]

Not by much. When I'm already spending at least 350, why not spend 470 and get a blu-ray player and some movies as well?

Hell, by that argument, Wii has Super Paper Mario, MP3:C already and SSBB and SM:G coming by the end of the year... and it's cheaper still!

[quote name='zewone']Because your tastes are wildly different from the rest of the gaming community?[/quote]

Hmmm, didn't realize not being a Halo fanboy made me wildly different from the rest of the gaming community.

Oh well, you learn something new every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back