The Zen and Art of OTT Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hmmm, didn't realize not being a Halo fanboy made me wildly different from the rest of the gaming community.

Oh well, you learn something new every day.[/QUOTE]
Not what I meant, I'm assuming most of the gaming community would say the 360 has more games people would want to play, but not you.

I wouldn't make an arguement for the Wii being drastically cheaper. When you add a classic controller, another set of controllers and a game, you're well over the $350 mark CC wants for it's special in a couple of weeks.

Really, if you want to play the VC library, your starting cost is really $270, more if you don't have/need a GC controller.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']GMOOJ?[/QUOTE]

I was trying to start a damn chain similar to a noice chain.

but most importantly

THERE'S DIAMONDS ON MY DAMN CHAIN

[quote name='CocheseUGA']So, he's not much DIY either?[/QUOTE]

Well, he designed the PCB board layout and soldering everything in it. But the whole idea of it was just fucking stupid. I wish I would of taken a picture of it to put on the internet. It was epic lulz when I first saw it.

[quote name='zewone']Not what I meant, I'm assuming most of the gaming community would say the 360 has more games people would want to play, but not you.[/quote]
I'm sure a lot of people love the games they can get on a 360. My point, or at least the point I was trying to make, is that a lot of the games are mutliplatform, and that each system has it's own exclusives which are probably worth playing, thus making the whole "get a 360 before you get a PS3" argument highly subjective and not at all as simple a premise as Brak and others were implying.

Edit:
Further simplified:
If you don't have a 'next-gen' system, there's no way to definitively say "get console x" as it doesn't take into effect the gamers tastes. If you love Halo and want Gears/Bioshock/Dead Rising, 360 is for you... if none of those games does it for you, maybe the "get a 360 first" line of thinking just doesn't work.

[quote name='dallow']I'll post results in a little bit, I"m actually swamped with work, it's a miracle.[/QUOTE]

Is this a hint that you got a number??!?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I wouldn't make an arguement for the Wii being drastically cheaper. When you add a classic controller, another set of controllers and a game, you're well over the $350 mark CC wants for it's special in a couple of weeks.

Really, if you want to play the VC library, your starting cost is really $270, more if you don't have/need a GC controller.[/quote]

Your fudging the number like that though, you are looking at base cost vs. base cost + other shit cost

[quote name='tiredfornow']You guys just fuck everything up, all the time. :([/QUOTE]

QFT

Also, where the fuck is Ryles? How long was this ban?

[quote name='fart_bubble']Your fudging the number like that though, you are looking at base cost vs. base cost + other shit cost[/QUOTE]

I can play any XBLA arcade game with zero trouble with the included controller. You cannot say that for the Wii.

[quote name='Brak']Welp, looks like you fucked that one up, Dkellar.[/QUOTE]

I may find the design file around here and that should give some what of a picture of what it looked like. It has been sitting in this cabinet like all summer and he just came and picked it up.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I can play any XBLA arcade game with zero trouble with the included controller. You cannot say that for the Wii.[/quote]

You're still looking at it that you have to buy a controller or dl a game off the service for the system to work. That shit is secondary.

[quote name='Dkellar']I may find the design file around here and that should give some what of a picture of what it looked like. It has been sitting in this cabinet like all summer and he just came and picked it up.[/QUOTE]

What?

[quote name='Dkellar']I may find the design file around here and that should give some what of a picture of what it looked like. It has been sitting in this cabinet like all summer and he just came and picked it up.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't talking about the hot water heater that you were fashioning from a coffee can and a ruler... I was talking about the Noice chain.

Let's make up for it.

We must chain the next single-word post after this post.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm sure a lot of people love the games they can get on a 360. My point, or at least the point I was trying to make, is that a lot of the games are mutliplatform, and that each system has it's own exclusives which are probably worth playing, thus making the whole "get a 360 before you get a PS3" argument highly subjective and not at all as simple a premise as Brak and others were implying.[/QUOTE]
It is when there is a $150-$250 price difference.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Cream-pie.[/QUOTE]
Cream pie is not a compound word...

[quote name='fart_bubble']You're still looking at it that you have to buy a controller or dl a game off the service for the system to work. That shit is secondary.[/QUOTE]

It's completely comparable.

I want to play arcade titles on both systems. For the Wii, that'll be $270 please.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Yo Brak, was it you who was telling me all up about sechs of the butt with fine women a while back through PM?[/QUOTE]
Yeah.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Yo Brak, was it you who was telling me all up about sechs of the butt with fine women a while back through PM?[/QUOTE]

This just isn't gonna work.

[quote name='zewone']It is when there is a $150-$250 price difference.[/quote]

Without some super deal on the 360, you're still talking $349 for the premium right now. Sonystyle deal puts the PS3 at $400 shipped, Amazon deal puts it at ~$470 shipped. Without a deal, a year of live is what, like $60 bucks? so now we're at $409 vs $400-470. For me, add a wireless adapter, so even the $15 you paid for yours puts it at $425 vs $400-470.

So if you're going to connect to the network service offered by the manufacturer and need wireless, the cost difference is -25-50 bucks, unless you wait for a deal on the 360.

Granted, you can get an exclusive game for cheaper on the 360 now (Dead Rising is $30 now?), so if you're getting a next-gen game with it, it evens out a little bit more.

What did you mean by "PM time"? Like, that it's not AM?

Hurry up and send it so I can go grab a burger so I can lift fridges.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Without some super deal on the 360, you're still talking $349 for the premium right now. Sonystyle deal puts the PS3 at $400 shipped, Amazon deal puts it at ~$470 shipped. Without a deal, a year of live is what, like $60 bucks? so now we're at $409 vs $400-470. For me, add a wireless adapter, so even the $15 you paid for yours puts it at $425 vs $400-470.

So if you're going to connect to the network service offered by the manufacturer and need wireless, the cost difference is -25-50 bucks, unless you wait for a deal on the 360.

Granted, you can get an exclusive game for cheaper on the 360 now (Dead Rising is $30 now?), so if you're getting a next-gen game with it, it evens out a little bit more.[/QUOTE]

If I can't assume someone wants to play arcade titles, then you can't assume people want/need to get online.

Havent we been talking about this same stupid subject about what frosty wants for weeks now?

Frosty, buy a god damned ps3, get your free movies, play NGS and resistance and play your ps2 games... end of story.

[quote name='zewone']Damn, I hit the level 11 cap on COD4 already. :cry:[/QUOTE]
What's it like? Is it like BattleField?

bild1.jpg

It's great, very solid.

Graphics are nice and lots of different weapons/attachments/special moves to keep it interesting.

I've only been playing free for all, so I couldn't tell you if it's like Battlefield (though, if the team stuff plays like COD3, it sort of is).

It shits on Battlefield.

Oh, and the best part is it has a Halo style party matchmaking system!

[quote name='zewone']Damn, I hit the level 11 cap on COD4 already. :cry:[/quote]

Theyre gonna keep opening it up and up as the beta goes on and on, I played like 3 games so Im on level 4.. adding new things to unlock and shit.

I agree though, I think I might end up buying it. The way the game plays is exactly like COD2, down to the crosshair and everything. Really fun shit.

AND! Its got a kill cam, so when you die you get to see how that 12 yr old who couldnt aim worth a god damn shot you from behind after unloading a clip into the wall next to you :X

[quote name='tiredfornow']Frosty, buy a god damned ps3, get your free movies, play NGS and resistance and play your ps2 games... end of story.[/quote]

You still sellin one? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back