TheGiveAway.com

Alright guys. The Xbox Gold Card just barely ended. Now the PS3 Move Bundle is up. Good luck to you guys. Let's have someone from CAG win that shit, no matter who it is.

[quote name='Jack-Hunter']Alright guys. The Xbox Gold Card just barely ended. Now the PS3 Move Bundle is up. Good luck to you guys. Let's have someone from CAG win that shit, no matter who it is.[/QUOTE]

im in. i dont know if clicking every minute will help though. i think clicking towards the middle of the times set will be better

Well, there's two ways this could go:

1. It goes earlier than expected, but the next prize goes longer, so it balances out

-OR-

2. It goes as we suspect and goes anywhere from half way through until the very last second.

Meh, maybe there's other ways, too. I can't figure it out, just enjoy it.

im glad i dont have to work anymore after tonight. i feel like ill be on this site a lot more...

i also hope it doesnt matter or change anything if i use this website from my iphone

I'll be tapping away on my iphone tonight as I watch the Strikeforce fights on Showtime...hope it doesn't go early. I want a PS3 but would never pay money for a new one. Good luck to all!

Yeah I was clicking like mad as well for that ps3 bundle.
And boom, gone.
Well congrats to Norman....
(Curse you Norman)
lol jk.
But congrats if you're a CAG.

New CAG user here, I won the Xbox Live 12 month card earlier, if anyone's keeping track of CAG user's success with this site =) Good luck to everyone!

lol dang I wanted that PS3 move bundle. Start early, got bored so I took a nap. Woke up it was still there, was happy. Clicked a few times. Then took a poo....came back it was gone.*slowy die* >< (blah God of WAR III, I own that....I guess I will pass that one >

I swear - once you go away for even 1 second - for ANYTHING - someone else wins. Lol.

I won the watch by sheer coincidence btw. I was actually confused as to how the whole process worked (I ended up watching the videos that they have of their previous winners and commercials and stuff because I thought it was required.)

And as I was just messing around with the site - trying to figure out how it worked - I decided to try to figure it out again and so I clicked "Get it free" and I won. I was like "....What? ...No shit. ..... ..... ....Huh. Wow. I won..."

Lol.

Too bad its a woman's watch. It's going to go to the girlfriend (which I dont mind) once it gets here.

I wish I could win something for myself.

Well, I'm the one that won. Those thousands upon thousands of clicks apparently paid off.

Spent the first 10 minutes trying to update my address and feeling like the biggest idiot in the world because I thought I forgot my password. Then I reset my password and still couldn't update it. Turns out you had to put your password in the "Current Password" field and then hit the "Change Password?" link to open up two more fields and put your password in both of them. Just an FYI in case any of you have the same problem. It probably shouldn't work like that so I'm going to let them know.

That hurt. I had just gone 3 clicks into the PS3 move bundle and after the third "try again" it was showing me GoW III. So close!

And I don't mean only 3 clicks total, just in this sitting.

[quote name='Jack-Hunter']Can someone link me to his facebook page? I couldn't find it with Facebook's crap search engine. That's neat that you can suggest prizes.

Also, guys, I have a question. Apparently its all random between the start and end time, right?

...Well just how random is it? I mean there is no way that its random enough so that someone has a chance to win as soon as the prize goes up, right?

Does the winner always win somewhat during the middle between the start and end time, or close to the end?

Has anyone ever won right away at the beginning?[/QUOTE]

Here's a link to their Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=184121611598936
If you guys haven't done so yet, please stop by and "like" the page. There is also a discussion forum on there that you guys can leave suggestions on.

Just liked on Facebook and gave my suggestion for just the Move bundle and maybe once a month a big ticket item such as a TV or laptop.

This website is evil and awesome at the same time.

It pulls at our most weakest points and they found a loop in the online advertising system. The instant win, satisfaction thing is just genius. They know that when we want something we want it now. So we will click over and over again for the win screen.

Each time we click they get some money. This is one of the worst best kinda time wasters online.

The worst is that I won once so now I have hope that wont seem to die ^^

enjoy guys!!

My girlfriend just won the God of War III for me. LOL. I was dead asleep and she woke me up to tell me that she had been hammering that fucker at work - so I won. Lol. Pretty funny if you take the time to look back on what I last said.

I hope they put up some really nice stuff this week late at night since I work the graveyard for a tech support company and really don't have anything better to do. Thats how I landed the Apple TV, lol

Clicking for that Flip UltraHD for bout an hour.
Can't wait for it.
I'm Tim.
Thank you very much for the giveaway.
Like I always do, I'll spread the word about your site.

Well Tim - I might have been your biggest competitor for that thing - but you seem like you want it more than I did so i'm glad you won it.

I read your posts but am just now getting a chance to respond. Our team has been busy working on implementing your suggestions. Thanks for playing and for the feedback.

First, the algorithm used to determine the winner is definitely in no way related to the number of clicks/attempts to win, the number of users playing, the amount of ad revenue we've generated, or anything like that. A random second is chosen between the start and end time for each item. The first user to click the "Get It Free" button after that time has passed is the winner. I can't give out the exact details of course, but the algorithm does try to spread out the start and end times so that on average, a certain number of items are given away per day, per week, etc as another post suggested earlier. With that said, any single giveaway can go at any time during the start and end time.

There is no limit to the number of times you can win. We actually had several repeat winners early on and we had one household win three items.

We're fixing several bugs that users have reported such as the "less than a minute" and "current password" bugs. Your feedback helps in this area.

We have a lot of plans for improvements. In general, we want to make the site somewhat entertaining rather than annoying while you're clicking but at the same time stay out of your way. We're working on it. We want to increase the number of giveaways, have bigger and better giveaways, and have more winners. We're going to throw out mystery giveaways. We're even considering mixing in random giveaways to users that have tried hard but haven't been able to win yet. This largely depends on how quickly we grow and therefore how many people you spread the word to. We launched on Dec. 23, 2010. If you like the site so far then stay with us because it's only going to get better.

CAG has been awesome. You all are cleaning up and I'm glad. Keep it up!

Chad Hinton
TheGiveAway.com

Just a thought: the 'button' should be in a random place every time (one of 3-5 locations or so) to prevent people from using automated scripts or whatever they're called that automatically press the button for you. I know the captcha is in place but if that's only once every 30 tries you can go for quite a bit without having to be there. Again, just a thought. Also, now having won I do appreciate the fact that I can win again despite what I said earlier in this thread. :p

[quote name='javeryh']I won! ... I think... I can't update my shipping info though for some reason so I might have to send them an email...[/QUOTE]

If you were selected as a winner, then you will see the prize listed in your account. I noticed there were several "James" that have won. Congrats if you are another James!

Congrats javeryh! A winnar is you. Ya'll can have the Apple TV, I'm not interested. I am, however, interested in the Microsoft points. So, consider yourselves warned.

bread's done
Back