This is nOTT the OTT you are looking for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching some review show from 2003, on G4, and it has Evangeline Lilly modeling the old Xbox LIVE headset. :drool:

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']What class did you choose, wow?
and everyone else who played the demo.[/QUOTE]

You can only choose the "average" (like normal in each stat one). Like a normal fighter dude. There's a healer, a commando with ranged weapons/explosives, a Beserker and a defender (huge HP/tank type guy), they describe them all to you at the character select screen but they are all locked.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Yuck. :puke:[/QUOTE]
evangeline-lilly-picture-6.jpg

You stink.

[quote name='Brak']I'm watching some review show from 2003, on G4, and it has Evangeline Lilly modeling the old Xbox LIVE headset. :drool:[/quote]

21030_L.jpg

Awesome, the class I want that was once full now has one spot open. Just ten more minutes arggg

It's full again :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']What class did you choose, wow?
and everyone else who played the demo.[/quote]

I think you can only be a champion. But the other classes were something like a defender, berserker (melee), a demo type guy that sets explosives, a medical guy, and something else I think .. maybe a dude that does long range weapons.

Have you tried all kinds of different discs, budge? IIRC, the PS2 has two different lasers? One for CDs, one for the DVDs? You might have a bunk laser, or it might be angled the wrong way.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Have you tried all kinds of different discs, budge? IIRC, the PS2 has two different lasers? One for games, one for the DVDs? You might have a bunk laser, or it might be angled the wrong way.[/QUOTE]

I think it's one for CDs and one for DVDs? But I could be wrong.

Yeah, you're right. Most of the games are DVDs while a couple of the early ones were those blue discs.

Either way, adjusting the laser can be a huge pain in the ass and you might need a Sharpie to mark your place before you start adjusting the little wheel to bring the laser closer to the disc. I hated my old PS2 cause of that and I think I had to adjust it three or four times a month for a year or two. :bomb:

[quote name='tiredfornow']Have you tried all kinds of different discs, budge? IIRC, the PS2 has two different lasers? One for CDs, one for the DVDs? You might have a bunk laser, or it might be angled the wrong way.[/quote]

No, I tried a PS2 game that was on DVD, and I tried a movie DVD. That was all I really had on hand.

[quote name='Maklershed']I think you can only be a champion. But the other classes were something like a defender, berserker (melee), a demo type guy that sets explosives, a medical guy, and something else I think .. maybe a dude that does long range weapons.[/quote]
Oh well.
Yeah, there are champion, defender, berserker, commando, and bio-engineer.

Hmm, see it makes this really loud ass clicking noise when I put it in a disc. Well, when I try putting in a disc with the top off, the disc seems to wobble up and down a little and not spin smoothly. I wonder if it isn't locking in or something.

Your lens might be dirty as fuck.

Is it a fat PS2 or a slim? The fat one is more difficult to clean cause you gotta open it and unscrew the cd case. Just eject the drive and pull the power cord out, get some WD-40 on a q-tip and slide it on the support for the laser, put some isopropyl on the other tip and clean the laser (very little though cause sometimes the rails become really dry and cause the laser to not work properly), then put the top back on without screwing it in (a piece of tape, or somethin) and see if it works. If it still doesn't work, you gotta get up in that white little wheel towards the back of the drive, mark your spot and start adjusting. I think going counterclockwise raises it. Just be sure to check if the discs work flawlessly (ie: no skipping, freezing) before leaving it at one setting.

EDIT: You're gonna fuck up your game without the top of the drive holding down the CD, budge. #-o Just put a little piece of tape on top of it without screwing it in, or screw in one of the corners.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Your lens might be dirty as fuck.

Is it a fat PS2 or a slim? The fat one is more difficult to clean cause you gotta open it and unscrew the cd case. Just eject the drive and pull the power cord out, get some WD-40 on a q-tip and slide it on the support for the laser, put some isopropyl on the other tip and clean the laser (very little though cause sometimes the rails become really dry and cause the laser to not work properly), then put the top back on without screwing it in (a piece of tape, or somethin) and see if it works. If it still doesn't work, you gotta get up in that white little wheel towards the back of the drive, mark your spot and start adjusting. I think going counterclockwise raises it. Just be sure to check if the discs work flawlessly (ie: no skipping, freezing) before leaving it at one setting.

EDIT: You're gonna fuck up your game without the top of the drive holding down the CD, budge. #-o Just put a little piece of tape on top of it without screwing it in, or screw in one of the corners.[/quote]

I am just using a blank CD to test it. I wasn't actually putting in a game.

Ok, I will try that though.

EDIT: Yeah the laser doesn't seem to be moving, I slid it all the way back, and it doesn't move in or anything.

[quote name='tiredfornow']You're using a blank CD for what? To see if the PS2 would read it? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he already knows it doesn't read, has heard a noise and is trying to pinpoint it.

[quote name='tiredfornow']You're using a blank CD for what? To see if the PS2 would read it? :whistle2:k[/quote]

No...

See, the drive makes this loud ass clicking noise whenever anything is put in. Even with the PS2 fully assembled. I am trying to see what is causing that, however I don't want to scratch my games or DVD's so I put in a blank CD just to see what will happen.

EDIT: It is fat PS2 by the way.

EDIT 2:

The Laser looks really clean, I don't think that is the issue. On the top of the drive, there is this little magnetic piece on that goes on top of the drive spindle and seems like it should lock it in place. However, once that is there, it cause the disc in the drive to wobble, like it doesn't fit on properly. I wonder if this got knocked loose or something.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They're calling you out on a test of your basic skills.[/QUOTE]
Apparently.

:???:

Watch...I'm gonna spend two minutes drawing a ball with shoes and a happy face, and it's going to get wild. Hell, I bet if I throw Link's costume on it, it'd be like crossing the streams...

[quote name='dallow']I can't believe you guys didn't know you could send texts with AIM.[/quote]

That I knew. I thought he was talking about something else.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']So that's today? Huh.

/not being sarcastic - really didn't know.[/quote]
Yeah, not a lot of hype for it.

In fact, the MS press conference starts in less than 2 hours.
Sony and Nintendo are tomorrow.

[quote name='manthing']I hadn't used AIM for years[/QUOTE]

I just started again about two weeks ago. It feels kinda weird seeing how I hadn't thought about using it since high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back