This OTT is not welcome at the next Gathering of the Juggalos

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tiredfornow']Well, we're already flagged as pirates and they've run a banning wave every year up until now. I don't see why this year would be different.
---
Even if they're friends, you really gotta think about your girlfriend's feelings as well. If you're known for being a scum and she knows you're hanging out with some girl that might possibly have interest in you.. it kinda makes for an uncomfortable conversation when the subject is brought up. Sure, your girl can trust you and what not, but trust only goes so far. What would stop that other girl from grabbing your dick throughout the entire movie? Your girl would most definitely break it off with you if some other girl is grabbing on you whether you allowed it or not. I guess its just better to avoid stuff like that to begin with, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Having a girlfriend and friends that are of the female sex at the same time just doesn't work. Eventually, someone either gets jealous or drunk and things go down hill from there.

I never did understand why every girlfriend I've had has gotten mad at me having female friends (mainly when I would hang out with the female friend without the gf) but all of them hung out with their guy friends like it was no big deal. Double standard to the max :whistle2:(.

TFN is right, if you don't have money saved away for a new box then you are just asking for it. I figure a week or two after COD releases we will see some kind of ban wave come through. MS is going to want the publicity to coincide with the release of a top tier game. Kind of like how the last one was right when Gears 2 hit and how the last one was around the time of the Halo 3 beta.

Also, with ODST being labeled as stealth patched and still being flagged.. I'm pretty sure they can tell who pirates and who doesn't regardless of the stealth patching. Mine checked out like any other game but I still got hit.

Every game I've played has been safe so far, and I've never played a wave 3 game. I hope I'll slip by again like I did last year.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Also, with ODST being labeled as stealth patched and still being flagged.. I'm pretty sure they can tell who pirates and who doesn't regardless of the stealth patching. Mine checked out like any other game but I still got hit.[/QUOTE]

But you played it early while connected to Live, no? If so, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to go "hey, how is madvilla1n playing ODST on Live early?"... :lol:

[quote name='tiredfornow']Also, with ODST being labeled as stealth patched and still being flagged.. I'm pretty sure they can tell who pirates and who doesn't regardless of the stealth patching. Mine checked out like any other game but I still got hit.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to this? I just assumed they looked at anyone playing it early and banned them. That might also explain the lackadaisical response--15 days instead of a permaban--since they couldn't really tell if it was pirated.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I've got less than a gig and a half to go on wh?t. This is killing me, I want a god damn t-shirt.[/QUOTE]

Wanna send me an invite?

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Wanna send me an invite?[/QUOTE]

I can't until I hit PU, but I'd be glad to once I do. Might get there tonight.

Liquid2, your PM box is full.

I was going to PM this to you just to keep it out of here since no one else seems to give one shits.

The question reads:
Grains of fine California beach sand are approximately spheres with an average radius of 45 µm and are made of silicon dioxide. A solid cube of silicon dioxide with a volume of 1.00 m3 has a mass of 2600 kg. What mass of sand grains would have a total surface area (the total area of all the individual spheres) equal to the surface area of a cube 1.50 m on an edge?

My last answer was 109g, which seems way off. I had a few entries before that so that was probably just something I threw in as a random try. I have the math I did written down somewhere, but I have a spiral notebook that I use as a scratch pad so it would take me a while to find it, much less type it out. I have the key available now, too, but it took me an hour to go from the webassign homepage to the 4th page which had that question on it, so it might take a while for that to load.

Let me know if you figure it out.

You know the radius of each sphere, Eviltude. From that, you can find out how many spheres make up the 1 m^3 block. With that number, you can find the average weight of each sphere. Sit on that number for a second.

You now need to find the surface area of the second cube (6*1.5^2 m^2) and the surface area of an average sphere. Divide the cube's surface area by a sphere's surface area to get the number of spheres you needs.

Multiply the mass of an average sphere with the number you got in the second part, and you've got it.

----

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Got it, thanks Liquid[/QUOTE]No problem.

I got the key to load and I wasn't that far off. It showed all my answers and the correct answer, and it showed me dancing around it. Maybe I just need to get back into the swing of things because that was way harder than it should have been.

This shit is getting annoying:

In addition, TeamXbox was forwarded a joint statement issued by Cobain's former Nirvana bandmates, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic:
This is a statement regarding Nirvana, Guitar Hero and the likeness of the late Kurt Cobain.

We want people to know that we are dismayed and very disappointed in the way a facsimile of Kurt is used in the Guitar Hero game. The name and likeness of Kurt Cobain are the sole property of his estate - we have no control whatsoever in that area.

While we were aware of Kurt's image being used with two Nirvana songs, we didn't know players have the ability to unlock the character. This feature allows the character to be used with any kind of song the player wants. We urge Activision to do the right thing in "re-locking" Kurt's character so that this won't continue in the future.

It's hard to watch an image of Kurt pantomiming other artists' music alongside cartoon characters. Kurt Cobain wrote songs that hold a lot of meaning to people all over the world. We feel he deserves better.

Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20902/CobainLoveGuitar-Hero-5-Saga-Continues/

WTF?

[quote name='Moxio']Please tell me it didn't come out of a Lipton bottle.[/QUOTE]

It came out of a lipton tea bag. :lol: I've never actually made hot tea before, but I'm pretty sure I did it right.

[quote name='DarthPuma']It came out of a lipton tea bag. :lol: I've never actually made hot tea before, but I'm pretty sure I did it right.[/QUOTE]

"I like tea bags. I'm pretty sure I did it right." -???

FYI, when you're making green tea (or white tea) the suggested steeping time is shorter than black tea. I don't remember what it is, but it's 3-5 minutes, generally, I think (maybe less for whites). Oversteeping tea is generally a bad thing. As to whether or not the tea is better hot or cold depends on variety of tea and personal tastes. I'm personally a fan of Oolongs, though Chinese Sencha is a very good tea too.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Half Iced Tea/ Half Green Tea Arnold Palmer is my shit.[/QUOTE]
Lol, that reminds me. When tailgaiting last year several people were making an arnold Palmer's with "Firefly" (tea infused vodka) except they called it a John Daly.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']"I like tea bags. I'm pretty sure I did it right." -???

FYI, when you're making green tea (or white tea) the suggested steeping time is shorter than black tea. I don't remember what it is, but it's 3-5 minutes, generally, I think (maybe less for whites). Oversteeping tea is generally a bad thing. As to whether or not the tea is better hot or cold depends on variety of tea and personal tastes. I'm personally a fan of Oolongs, though Chinese Sencha is a very good tea too.[/QUOTE]

I steeped it for about 5 minutes. The pot was kinda dirty since I'd made some in it yesterday, and I'm guessing that affected the taste. Shit was infinitely better warm. It tasted milky in iced tea form. :puke:

[quote name='DT778']Look on the bright side stone. Football starts in about 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Too much homework to watch football. I had time for that or the gym, and went with the latter.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Half Iced Tea/ Half Lemonade Arnold Palmer is my shit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zewone']It's all about Arizona Iced Tea w/ lemon flavor.[/QUOTE]

Man, that shit stinks. Too much sugar.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I hope your username is the same over there liquid, because I just befriended you.[/QUOTE]
Yep. Not sure what good it'll do you, though. The friend system there is almost as useless as the one here.

[quote name='Moxio']MasteringPhysics.[/QUOTE]:cool:

(Math is getting so much more and more appealing to me though...I might be adding that as another major.)

[quote name='zewone']It's all about Arizona Iced Tea w/ lemon flavor.[/QUOTE]

The mango and watermelon Arizonas are the best.

[quote name='Moxio']Man, that shit stinks. Too much sugar.[/QUOTE]

That's why it's great!

[quote name='Liquid 2']

The mango and watermelon Arizonas are the best.[/QUOTE]

Those are pretty good too.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Chai Tea is the only tea for me now.[/QUOTE]
I almost bought a box of the lipton chai last weekend. Wasn't sure how it would be though.

Hey Liquid, did you see that quote I posted a few days ago about Diablo III? Apparently it feels a LOT like Diablo I, which is super :cool:x500 in my opinion.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I've got less than a gig and a half to go on wh?t. This is killing me, I want a god damn t-shirt.[/QUOTE]

What shirt are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back