NES box/styrofoam
NES manuals/warranty/registration/poster
NES advantage box/styrofoam
NES games boxes complete minus cartidges
adventures of Lolo
super sprint (tengen)
pac-man (tengen)
excitebike
Dockingbay 20 (holds NES carts kind of reminds me of like a bread holder)
Dockingbay manual

For the Story of how i got these:
walked into a local thrift store, and in the case there was all of this stuff stacked all complete-like for $50. I was going through all the boxes at the checkout counter when another woman who worked there walked up and asked if i was buying this. I said "i was thinking about it why?" and she told me that they were supposed to have been "holding" it for some guy who was now there with the cash to buy the bundle. We were told that we would have to wait for the boss to get in to settle the "dispute" of who gets to buy it. Wait like 10 minutes the guy is just wandering around moping, and i am not letting it out of my hands. I asked him what part of the system he was interested in, at which point i noticed his eyes were all red and puffy like he had been crying. He told me that he wanted all of it for his gf's birthday. He also said that he volunteers there on a regular basis, and he now claimed that he put a deposit on it yesterday. So I told him i really just wanted the boxes. he said i could have them he didn't want them.
So he got the following for $50
NES that was all yellow and nasty w/ all the cords
two NES controllers
all the games that i got the boxes for
also Pinball game cartridge
I donated $3 to the thrift store just because i know i will have to deal with them in the future and i don't want those ppl to be all angry w/ me

Saw, but didn't pick up, a copy of Fity Cent Blood in the Sand for $4 at Goodwill today. Had a good laugh at it since it was in a hollywood video case.(with the generic side stripe and back)

[quote name='BlueSwim']Nothing, NOTHING(well, almost nothing), pisses me off as much as when this happens. They need to guard the CD's better.[/QUOTE]
The one neighborhood thrift store down the line keeps the cd's/dvd's seperate from their cases in giant binders.

Unfortunately this means they put the sleeve number they put the disc(s) for each game/cd/dvd onto the game case with a grease pencil, though many times they put the sleeve number right on the label.

picked up an xbox console with one remote control 8.00 dollars and an atari 5200 with original box and 8 games for 20 dollars. was the atari a decent pick up? i started to play it and one of the controllers works flawless while the other works when it wants to when using to direct pacman down the maze =/

[quote name='trailmix10']picked up an xbox console with one remote control 8.00 dollars and an atari 5200 with original box and 8 games for 20 dollars. was the atari a decent pick up? i started to play it and one of the controllers works flawless while the other works when it wants to when using to direct pacman down the maze =/[/QUOTE]

I think the Atari was a great pickup. I got a 2600 on ebay with 20 games for ~30, so you getting a 5200 w/box and games for $20 is pretty sweet.

[quote name='trailmix10']picked up an xbox console with one remote control 8.00 dollars and an atari 5200 with original box and 8 games for 20 dollars. was the atari a decent pick up? i started to play it and one of the controllers works flawless while the other works when it wants to when using to direct pacman down the maze =/[/QUOTE]

A 5200 controller that works flawlessly is worth $20 alone, so the rest is bonus. That is one notoriously faulty controller.

IMAG0525.jpg

$10 at a Garage Sale. Would have put in the Garage Sale thread but couldn't find it.

Thanks for the replies on my question i had about the system. upon reading more about it online it seems that the controllers are or were notorious to failure so i am happy of at least one working.

the other day i got this
Sega master system controller $2
Tony hawk 2X for $3.99

there were also about 15 NES games and they were all priced at $4.99, and about 10 other Xbox games priced at $3.99 wtf

Yeah, my local Goodwill has a HUGE theft problem. Every single day people are stealing games and movies (among other things) it's crazy.

I go there all the time and see games they just put out on the shelf that are sealed/mint only to come back the next day and find them torn to shreds or missing the discs or something.

It's kind of the stores own fault though, since they never ever throw anyone out that I've seen, and they also try to rip everyone off all the time.

Anyways, today I picked up for $2 each
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
Crash Team Racing
Crash Nitro Kart

today for $2 total:

ps2 ac adapter
NES rectangle controller
SNES controller (wires showing in one spot)
NES nintendo brand cart sleeve
Ipod - USB adapter

at a random small thrift store

Picked these up today (except the mario world where I mentioned it above) at Goodwill for $2 each. The FF7 is missing 2 discs...fuck...but maybe they'll turn up tomorrow if I'm lucky. Oh well, at least I didn't have any of these games.

img3741vw.jpg

[quote name='Tempius']That Bubble Bobble game for the PS1 used to be worth some cash. Not sure if it is anymore.[/QUOTE]

Wow I didn't even know that, thanks.

It's not video game related, but I managed to pick up a Job for a Cowboy shirt for $.99 and a 40-Year-Old Virgin DVD for $2. This probably excites nobody but me.

Got Skies of Arcadia for Gamecube 8.00 complete. Was pretty happy about that.

Also got a brand new sealed Power Stone Collection for PSP for 8.00 as well.

I hit up the Salvation Army today and snagged Chessmaster for the SNES for 75 cents. I had seen it there two weeks ago but passed. I left the SNES cleaner and copy of Madden 94.

I also had an Action Replay for the GB/GBC/GBA in my hand ready to buy for $2.75 then realized the PC connection cable wasn't there. I'm not familiar with them to know to what extent their needed. (I'd imagine you do need them for loading up other people's saved games, though.)

Went to my local Thrift Store because I felt today was gonna be a good day. Looked around with no luck in the usual areas of the store and then finally went back to one spot where I found hidden SNES cartridges.

Picked up Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong Country 1. Left Knights of the Rounds, but going back to get it (don't know why I didn't pick it up. Never seen one in real life)

Went to goodwill today and didn't see anything that stood out upon first glance except a 45 dollar ps1. However, upon closer inspection, 2 games caught my eye behind the ps1. Persona 2, and Final Fantasy 8, both complete, and in amazing condition. All the CD's were on sale or something so they were only 2 dollars each, so 4$ for 2 games, a really good deal imo.

0529101454.jpg

[quote name='reknew']Went to goodwill today and didn't see anything that stood out upon first glance except a 45 dollar ps1. However, upon closer inspection, 2 games caught my eye behind the ps1. Persona 2, and Final Fantasy 8, both complete, and in amazing condition. All the CD's were on sale or something so they were only 2 dollars each, so 4$ for 2 games, a really good deal imo.

[/QUOTE]

:hot: Did you buy a lottery ticket, too? What a find for that PS1 Persona 2!

I never see any Atari systems around the thrift stores in my area. I bit the bullet and bought the boxed Atari 5200 system I saw today for $39.99. It came with 2 controllers, manuals and 4 games (Pac Man, Space Invaders, Centipede, Dig Dug). Any recommendations for good Atari 5200 games?

[quote name='kk012']Any recommendations for good Atari 5200 games?[/QUOTE]
Most of what I'd recommend would be 2600 games. :cool::lol:

SA-

Zelda OOT N64 $2.99
Gameshark PRO N64 $1.49
Heart of the alien Sega CD.....well i open the case and no fukin game!! WTF ...in the end i bought the case w/booklet for 50 cents.
I actually would of played this game cuz i used to play Out of this World back in the day. Good stuff.

i just looked on ebay to see if maybe i could score a cheap disc only copy....no luck, only 1 complete copy and its at $51...damn

(PS1) Looney Tunes Racing - $2

in PERFECT condition. I was actually appalled at how nice it was, because at my Goodwill they just throw all the PS1 games in with the CD's. It's like a scavenger hunt. At another thrift store they wanted $40 for a dreamcast with 1 controller, and $5 for each game. There was GTA2 there but I passed. Meh.

I FINALLY scored at the one Salvation Army in my area.

They had a ton of games(including N64, SNES, a "Darth Vader" Atari 2600 w/ 12 games and a model 1 Genesis w/ one of the Sonic games)there today, but I only picked up the following:

Super Mario World(small piece of label came off w/ the price sticker:bomb:)
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Zelda: Link To The Past

and......

Super Mario All Stars

KA-CHING!!

All were $2.99 each. I left behind a ratty F-Zero with a faded and worn label, 2 copies of Goldeneye for N64 and various other stuff mentioned above.

I picked up this stuff yesterday from Goodwill and SA
Boxed Power Base Converter $5
NES/Genesis games $2 each
Pikachew Walmart promo tape $1
img3799g.jpg

[quote name='kiribee']I picked up this stuff yesterday from Goodwill and SA
Boxed Power Base Converter $5
NES/Genesis games $2 each
Pikachew Walmart promo tape $1
[/QUOTE]

I like your Youtube channel :)

Went on my 3 Goodwill round trip that i havent been on in months since my car is back in action and had a full tank already. first goodwill cds were half off , i got 3 Weezer cds and a HIM cd for $6. The other two GWs were pretty much a bust though. Saw 2 NES controllers but no system and I didnt need any extras right now. Didnt need a black gamecube either.

I picked up a Dual Shock 2 last night at another local SA. It was $2.99 and I noticed the left stick makes a clicking noise when you move it to the left.

Oh well. I'll test it when I go to visit my one buddy on Friday or so. If it works fine even with the clicking noise, then so be it.

I left behind about 8-12 NES games(nothing good), Pokemon Snap for N64 and various other odds and ends.

Then I hit up the other SA in the area. They had a bunch of PS1 titles(nothing good again), but I left them all there.

Found two wireless Xbox 360 controllers for $6 each that seem to work perfectly and power up fine with only the analog stick padding rubbed off.

Someone dumped their xbox collection at my Good Will. There were a handful of good games but my 360 is a non-bc box...:(

Picked up Titan Quest Gold for 5 bucks.

[quote name='pcktlnt']Someone dumped their xbox collection at my Good Will. There were a handful of good games but my 360 is a non-bc box...:(

Picked up Titan Quest Gold for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Aren't they all?

Today was Goodwill's "First-Saturday-of-the-Month 50% Off" sale. I forgot it was today. Had a pretty damn good haul! I found...

Damage Plan's "New Found Power" album(Sealed) - $1.50

Hilary Duff's "Metamorphosis" album - $1.50

PlayStation 1(original style in fantastic condition, tested and works), 1 official Sony standard controller, 1 official Sony gray DualShock controller, 2 memory cards(1 Sony brand, 1 Naki brand of unknown capacity), official Sony power cable, official Sony composite cable, official Sony RF adapter, Megacom Power Replay 3 cheat device, and a disc-only copy of Twisted Metal III, all within an Official Sony travel case with shoulder strap - $12.50

[quote name='pcktlnt'] but my 360 is a non-bc box...:(
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Survivalism']Aren't they all?[/QUOTE]

Wait... I thought all 360s were BC because it was software based...

[quote name='mguiddy']Wait... I thought all 360s were BC because it was software based...[/QUOTE]The only 360's that aren't BC are the ones without hard drives.:cool:

[quote name='mguiddy']Wait... I thought all 360s were BC because it was software based...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think Microsoft just says the Arcades aren't because you need a HDD to download the emulator. I have an arcade and I got a 20gb HDD and it runs BC Xbox games fine.

(PS1) Megaman X5 - $1

Pretty bummed. Went out to 4-5 thrift shops and couldn't find anything, or the same old junk they always have. Anyway, on my last stop of the day I noticed something while flipping through the CD's (they always have PS1 games in the CD collections) TOMBA 2!! I quickly grabbed it, and then saw that the manual was for some CD. Then I opened it up, and the disc was for a Shrek game.

RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEE ):

[quote name='pyoobez']I hit up the Salvation Army today and snagged Chessmaster for the SNES for 75 cents. I had seen it there two weeks ago but passed. I left the SNES cleaner and copy of Madden 94.

I also had an Action Replay for the GB/GBC/GBA in my hand ready to buy for $2.75 then realized the PC connection cable wasn't there. I'm not familiar with them to know to what extent their needed. (I'd imagine you do need them for loading up other people's saved games, though.)[/QUOTE]

U can use the Action Replay without the cord.
I sed to use mine for Pokemon cheats.

[quote name='mistymayem']Yeah I think Microsoft just says the Arcades aren't because you need a HDD to download the emulator. I have an arcade and I got a 20gb HDD and it runs BC Xbox games fine.[/QUOTE]

Is that what they mean? Damn, I'll have to check the store tomorrow and see if they still have some of the games I want.

yesterday at a small local thrift i found:
Playstation Developers Demo Disc
PS2 Magna Carta (disc only)
= $2

Today I found at the GW
FF VII
= $7.99

[quote name='jaysapathy']Regarding backwards compatibility on the 360: Only about a hundred and fifty original Xbox games are BC. The rest they try and resell you on XBL as "Xbox Originals".

If you want backwards compatibility, spend the money and buy an xbox. :D

EDIT: The full bull from MS: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm [/quote]

That's what Sony is supposedly working on too as far as 'backwards compatibility' goes.:roll:

I've been following Geohot -- the guy who broke the PS3's protection. According to him, things like backwards compatibility and the OtherOS feature are just dip switches. If that happens to be true, I'm going to be greatly disappointed in Sony..

Not a huge deal, but found some games I liked.

The Bully $3
Sonic Adventure 2(GC) $3
MYST(PC) $1
The Beast Within(PC) $1
Sonic the Hedgehog(GEN) $1
Golden Axe $1
Space Harriers 2(Mega Drive) $1

[quote name='jaysapathy']Regarding backwards compatibility on the 360: Only about a hundred and fifty original Xbox games are BC. The rest they try and resell you on XBL as "Xbox Originals".

If you want backwards compatibility, spend the money and buy an xbox. :D

EDIT: The full bull from MS: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm[/QUOTE]

All games that are "xbox originals" are backwards compatible in disc format. There are no games that you can only download through the marketplace.

[quote name='Nico0020']All games that are "xbox originals" are backwards compatible in disc format. There are no games that you can only download through the marketplace.[/QUOTE]
There are some that aren't fully backwards compatible, like Marvel vs. Capcom 2. It plays horribly.

[quote name='Porpoise King'](PS1) Megaman X5 - $1

Pretty bummed. Went out to 4-5 thrift shops and couldn't find anything, or the same old junk they always have. Anyway, on my last stop of the day I noticed something while flipping through the CD's (they always have PS1 games in the CD collections) TOMBA 2!! I quickly grabbed it, and then saw that the manual was for some CD. Then I opened it up, and the disc was for a Shrek game.

RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEE ):[/QUOTE]

I absolutely hate this . . . I found a DVD at a rummage sale that was worth $60 . . . then checked to see that one disc was missing. I've found valuable CDs at thrifts . . . no disc!

Today I was at Goodwill and saw some guys with a Starfox 64 cart . . . I willed them to put it back but they just hung on to it. I looked and saw a small pile of N64 games . . . all sports.

Later when my wife was checking out I saw they had put Starfox back . . . 99cents!!!

[quote name='schultzed']Later when my wife was checking out I saw they had put Starfox back . . . 99cents!!![/QUOTE]

SCORE!

I found a Dreamcast in great shape w/ all the cables, 1 controller, & 3 sports games for $15 @ Goodwill a week or 2 ago.

I might sell it for $20 or so since I haven't played it much so far, & I just purchased a Super Nintendo w/ original box for $20 as well as an NES & some games for $30 recently.

I'd love to keep that Dreamcast for the price I paid for it, but the focus on my collection now is NES/SNES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back