Time Crisis 4 out now, IGN - 8.0

[quote name='Vanigan']This light gun isn't like the others, I'm not sure how exactly it works, but it does work on LCDs and other HDTVs.

I think it's something similar to the Wii technology, but allows you to sight down the weapon to aim rather than relying on just a cursor.

Last I heard it involved placing some tabs (I think 2) near the corners of your screen. Instead of the gun taking shots of the screen to decide where you're aiming, it finds those tabs to see where you're aiming.

Also this guncon is a bit more advanced than the other ones, hence the price. It's basically a sixaxis with gun sensor. It's got dual analog sticks, buttons on the front and back, the trigger, and even motion/tilt sensors. My main concern is that the front grip is located on the left side of the gun, meaning left handed gamers will have to grip it awkwardly.[/quote]

WHO fuckING CARES ABOUT LEFTIES I HATE WHEN fuckING PPL ARE LIKE WHAT ABOUT "LEFTIES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But there are left-handed people in the world :eek:

I'm glad the length of the game will be much longer compared to the other TC games :D

Btw, the hand-grenade throwing animation looked a bit funky to me :whistle2:k

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The game sounds awesome. I definitely want it, although its pricey. :([/quote]

I feel the same way, hopefully it will drop fast or i can find a deal on it. Plus I would have to get two light guns since co op on these games is a billion times better then single player. Anyone know if online co op will be included?

[quote name='whoknows']If it does I'm so sold on it.[/quote]If it does it well, I'm sold. Having to bring out the old nonHD crt to play guncon games is a pain in the neck. Still waiting for gamespot to review the peripheral and the game, though.

The analog stick is attached to the gun? Why would they do that? As pointed out it could ruin it for left handed people. And it seems kind of awkward, having to move your second hand with the direction that you're pointing the gun at.

Hope it's backwards compatible with the PS2 games.

[quote name='jngx80']The analog stick is attached to the gun? Why would they do that? As pointed out it could ruin it for left handed people. And it seems kind of awkward, having to move your second hand with the direction that you're pointing the gun at.

Hope it's backwards compatible with the PS2 games.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's been confirmed not to be BC with the PS1 & PS2 games.

Honestly, I had no idea this was hitting this year, here's hoping it doesn't come to 360. Otherwise, I still have no holiday PS3 purchases :(

It's not BC because the way the gun tracks where your pointing is completely different from the way the games expect the gun to track. It's more a coordinate system with this guncon rather than previous ones that took screeshots of where you were aiming.

My friend is left handed, my mom is left handed, even my little sister is left handed. I'm right handed recessive, meaning I tend to favor my left hand for a large amount of actions, but my right hand is still dominant. It's a valid issue that designers need to factor into their designs.

Me=Sad it's not BC with PS2 lightgun games.

Oh well, not sure if I'm getting it at release since it's $90, but I will get it eventually.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']It's $79 at Amazon (no tax, free shipping).

Pre-ordered mine there last month.[/QUOTE]
Damn it, I hate you

That's money I don't want to spend but now will probably end up doing so :rofl:

OK just to make sure I have this right...

The gun WILL work on HDTVs but is NOT backwards compatible.

If that's the case I'm in but I wll wait for some sort of deal.

[quote name='whoknows']Correct[/quote]

Dammit...

The helicopter shooting sequence reminds me of another certain Guncon game...I forget the name :whistle2:k

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27449.html

New trailer, the game is two weeks away.

I don't like how much bugplay is apparently in the game (I never played the arcade original), but it still looks pretty darn great - one of the main reasons I jumped aboard the PS3 train.

Still, hope there's more good ol' fashioned shooting than there is shooting frekaing bugs.[/QUOTE]

I played through about half of the arcade version, and the bug blasting wasn't an overbearing part of the game. There's plenty of old fashioned shooting.

The thing is, I still don't think a rehashed version of TC4 is enough to push the Guncon. I really, really hope they're working with some other developers to make an FPS from the ground up to support the new guncon.

Ah, that's it! That's how they could keep the guncon alive while developers decide whether to support it. Release tons of games on the PSN for it!

I forget who is making TC4, but they should immediately contact the publishers of any game at all that used lightguns, then go about putting those old games on PSN.

I thought I read that they added a whole new FPS mode in addition to the arcade version of Time Crisis 4 for this release. It sounded like there would be plenty of content.

Actually, I think it would be good to allow Guncon to be used by other devs, because I could see tons of PSN games coming that support it. Heck, it would be great if Namco Bandai released the arcade versions of Time Crisis games and made them suit the new Guncon. It may suck having to buy some again, but if they keep them $10 or less, they may sell, as downloads. Putting Point Blank up and reconfiguring the gun would be a good idea IMO.

^^

Would that import Guncon would work with US Guncon titles released in the future/present for the PS3?

Edit: Another thing, according to the Manufacturer's website, the LCD Topgun will work with the PS3, but only with Guncon2 compatible games. I guess I could deal with that.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I played through about half of the arcade version, and the bug blasting wasn't an overbearing part of the game. There's plenty of old fashioned shooting.[/quote]
Great to know, thanks.

Any word on 1080i/p support on this one, or is it 720p only (meaning settling for ol' 480p for me)?

^ No kidding there! My Amazon pre-order set to ship on the 20th has TC4, Uncharted, Ghost Squad, and the Wii Zapper. Even though I think half of those have the 19th as the release date, I count 'em all as one release date since that's when Amazon will ship 'em out to me...and that is, by far, the most day-one game purchases I've made in a single day since the Wii launch.

But even beyond what I'm buying, there's Rock Band, College Hoops 2K8, MoH: Airborne, TimeShift, plus Mass Effect on 360 and the new Trauma Center on Wii. Some might also did the FF title on DS and Mario Party DS.

It's gonna be a wild day of releases, that's for sure.

I'm actually glad that my 360 is currently broken, this way I'm forced to hold off on Mass Effect until I get it back.

But back to TC4. I'm not sure if I'll get this. Now, I like the idea of the new guncon, it's just I'm not a fan of Time Crisis and this new FPS mode feels tacked on. I wish they would announce something that'll come out in the future that'll support the gun. If they could just announce something before release day that'd be great.

Then, we don't know how accurate this new gun technology is either.

Sony should also pitch in a bit since the guncon could be another one of the little things that gives it an edge over the 360, the 360 has no gun games and it looks like it won't.

Nooo. This will be the only Gun game for the PS3. They didn't develop a whole new gun AND add two analog sticks for a game which originally didn't use either.

[quote name='Vanigan']Ah, that's it! That's how they could keep the guncon alive while developers decide whether to support it. Release tons of games on the PSN for it![/quote]

That, sir, is an *excellent* idea. :applause:

(No, I'm not being sarcastic. It's seriously a great idea.)

Well, I was just thinking how there's a ton of old gun based arcade games that could be quickly updated and dropped on the PSN. Lethal Enforcers, Point Blank, etc... I'm sure a lot of people would pay for those old arcade games, while at the same time the Guncon gets more games that support it and developers take time to develop their own full fledged game built around the FPS Guncon controls.

Has anybody gotten any confirmation on whether or not it's backwards compatible? Yes, I know it uses a different way to track the shots, but there were also 3rd party gunconcs specifically for HDTV's that were used for PS2 guncon games, meaning this isn't an issue.

There's been NO confirmation either way about this, as far as I can tell.

That leads me to believe it's probably not possible. Wouldn't we have heard this as a selling point by now?

But, as you said, technically it SHOULD be possible, wouldn't ya think.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']There's been NO confirmation either way about this, as far as I can tell.

That leads me to believe it's probably not possible. Wouldn't we have heard this as a selling point by now?

But, as you said, technically it SHOULD be possible, wouldn't ya think.[/quote]

If they didn't they should have made it backwards compatible, we have the LCD Topgun as proof it can be done, maybe they had a patent on something or whatnot, who knows >.>

As far as I could tell, GunCon1/Konami gun games didn't work on the PS3, but GunCon2 did.
But rather than simply porting those, I'd like to see games like the Jurassic Park ones, which have never been on home consoles. Or American ports of Police 911. Or Lethal Enforcers 3.

I would love to see Area 51 and Maximum Force games come for the Guncon3. That would, with Time Crisis support, make me buy it.

[quote name='Vanigan']But back to TC4. I'm not sure if I'll get this. Now, I like the idea of the new guncon, it's just I'm not a fan of Time Crisis and this new FPS mode feels tacked on.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be to worried about the FPS portion being "tacked on." The extra console-exclusive modes in Time Crisis 3 and Crisis Zone were as well done as the arcade port modes.

[quote name='M3wThr33']As far as I could tell, GunCon1/Konami gun games didn't work on the PS3, but GunCon2 did.
But rather than simply porting those, I'd like to see games like the Jurassic Park ones, which have never been on home consoles. Or American ports of Police 911. Or Lethal Enforcers 3.[/quote]

With the availability of the GunCon 3 and the Wii, hopefully these games (and others that have yet to grace consoles) will finally make it to either of these consoles. Keeping my fingers crossed that TC4, Ghost Squad, and RE: UC all do well enough to warrant further developer interest in these types of games.

[quote name='EMAGDNIM']I'm planning to import it...I hate the orange US guns...[/quote]
I agree.... Must be some tard boy that think it should be orange. It's beyond ugly. I wanted to buy this game, but the orange guy really hold me back...

[quote name='enzoshadow']I agree.... Must be some tard boy that think it should be orange. It's beyond ugly. I wanted to buy this game, but the orange guy really hold me back...[/QUOTE]Time to start painting real guns orange, that'll show 'em.

i won't spray it black though... while i like it to be more realistic, but i don't wanna scare the neighbors though. Just imagine they see me holding it and going mad in the living room...

[quote name='Serpentor']i won't spray it black though... while i like it to be more realistic, but i don't wanna scare the neighbors though. Just imagine they see me holding it and going mad in the living room...[/quote]

lol, I could just imagine them seeing you :twoguns: with flashing everywhere, and thinking OMG!!! Call The Police!!

bread's done
Back