Time Crisis 4 out now, IGN - 8.0

I spent a half hour playing the game at Fry's. The guy who gave it the shitty review on 1up is an idiot. If you know what this game is, you'll love it.

The gun is REALLY accurate. There's no longer a flash because of the IR. The gameplay is fun. The graphics are fine. And there's tons of content.

I picked it up. I just couldn't resist at that price.

If I don't like it, how much do these go for used on Ebay? ;)

this should come with two guns out of the box... I'll pay.. damn, I'll pay, just put the two guns in the box!

[quote name='Kendal']I am in for one. I can't wait. I miss the gun games. Is this supposed to be more compatible with most tvs?[/QUOTE]
Should work with every TV, it uses a Wii like motion sensor or something that you put next to the TV.

[quote name='whoknows']Should work with every TV, it uses a Wii like motion sensor or something that you put next to the TV.[/quote]

Its not next to the tv.

Theres two sensors, that go 1/3 on the one side of the top, and at the other end a 1/3 of the way to the middle.

TV
1 2

Thats how it looks, Theres a huge ass cord running between the two and then down to a usb port in the ps3 it plugs into. very easy setup.

HOWEVER DO NOT LEAVE THEM PLUGGED IN! They burn holes in the tv :)

Its not that big of a cord.

They come with little weights on the back of a rubber strap so you can mount them on the edges of your tv.

Works and plays great on my 37'' LCD.

Of course after I bought a game only of the game online. They have it cheaper at amazon aw well. It really is a great game if you like time crisis that is... :D

damn, i really wanted this for $50. so ps2 guncon games wont be able to utilize the gun? thats kind of what pulled me back from purchasing this. i wasnt sure if the guns would work.

I missed playing lightgun games after getting a HDTV. This game reminded me how much fun they are. Thank god for fast shipping from Amazon (got it during the $50 sale).

I haven't really played any games on my ps3, and I've had it since launch. But I'll be finally playing a blu-ray game once my order comes in on Weds. Its funny cuz I bought a PS1 because of Time Crisis 1 back in the day.

This is a make or break question.

I loved TC at the arcades where the guns had kickback. Does the guncon kick back/have recoil? Or is it just a piece of plastic you point at the screen? If someone tells me yes, it does have kickback, i'm buying this asap.

[quote name='Scorch']This is a make or break question.

I loved TC at the arcades where the guns had kickback. Does the guncon kick back/have recoil? Or is it just a piece of plastic you point at the screen? If someone tells me yes, it does have kickback, i'm buying this asap.[/quote]

It has no kickback.

[quote name='Vanigan']There's no pedal with this game, however the new guncon has extra buttons on it, one of those likely takes the place of the pedal.[/QUOTE]
Well yeah, there's always been a button in place of it. The pedal is just more fun.

[quote name='suko_32']I have some PS2 pedals that worked with PS2 Guncon games, and supposedly with a PS2/PS3 adapter, they work.[/QUOTE]
Cool.

If they do I gotta buy some.

I got in on the Amazon deal and it came today.

Anyone else having problems with the gun? According to the instructions the minimum distance for a 32in TV is 4'4" but I have to be at 5'6" before it starts working which makes playing on such a small TV kind of difficult.

lol, got the game today. The new guncon is amazingly crappier than the old one in terms of accuracy. I have a 42" HDTV for reference.

There is a noticeable inaccuracy similar to the wiimotes (though not as much) which really takes away a whole lot of the accurate lightgun fun. The game is pretty damn cheesy as expected and plot is laughable.

Personally I don't see how anybody could have paid full price for this crappy game and ended up happy. I spent $39 after a promotional amazon certificate and the gold box deal and I feel like I overpaid by $20 still.

Namco really dropped the ball on this title.

#1 gun should have been wireless or/and included the recoil effect
#2 the Sensors you place in front of the TV is a compromise I understand for HDTVs, but it doesn't bode well when the previous generation peripheral performs better.
#3 I'm not too picky on this matter since it was expected, but come on... same old formula is tired... time to innovate Namco........ ZzZzz

I'll prob play more later, but I just wanted to test out a new toy I guess. Back to drake's fortune and mass effect D:

So, word is this game is $60 at amazon. Could be part of a holidays sale, or just plain bad sales.

Frankly, I think it's a combination of both. If they'd really wanted to promote this new peripheral, you need a good new game to promote it.

[quote name='Scorch']We're on PS3 and the guncon is still on PS1. Awesome. No deal.[/QUOTE]

Actually the new gun is worse than the old guncon in terms of accuracy. Not sure if there's another alternative.

[quote name='Zoglog']The new guncon is amazingly crappier than the old one in terms of accuracy. [/quote]

I agree. The mini-games are damn near impossible because of it but the main story line is still pretty fun.

[quote name='Vanigan']So what does that mean for aiming down the sight to aim? Do you pretty much have to use an on screen crosshair?[/QUOTE]

You can in the FPS mode, but then it feels just like the wiimote.

I have a feeling this game would be a bit more fun with 2 guncons, but we all know the story behind that............

The only thing that would convince me to get TC4 now was if Capcom supported the Guncon 3 in Resident Evil 5. It's going to be really hard going back to a controller after playing RE4 again on the Wii.

[quote name='metaly']The only thing that would convince me to get TC4 now was if Capcom supported the Guncon 3 in Resident Evil 5. It's going to be really hard going back to a controller after playing RE4 again on the Wii.[/quote]

Shoot, I'd be thrilled if they ported over Umbrella Chronicles!

[quote name='Vanigan']Wasn't there two games, dead aim and something else in the RE universe that allowed you to use a gun controller?[/QUOTE]
Dead aim and another one called Gun Survivor. Was never released in the US, just Japan/Europe. They had the arcade machine at the arcade near me for awhile, too bad it's gone.

^^ Yeah, I saw you playing for a long time. ;)

I'm about to open my copy soon, but want to pay it off first. I got unlucky and purchased my copy for $70 on Amazon (did not hear about the sale) and could not cancel.

Yesterday, I purchased Time Crisis II, and I've been playing a lot of TC 2 and 3 today. It reminds me why I like light gun games a lot. I'm in the mood to play more and hope more come to PS3 (using Guncon3).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']^^ Yeah, I saw you playing for a long time. ;)

I'm about to open my copy soon, but want to pay it off first. I got unlucky and purchased my copy for $70 on Amazon (did not hear about the sale) and could not cancel.

Yesterday, I purchased Time Crisis II, and I've been playing a lot of TC 2 and 3 today. It reminds me why I like light gun games a lot. I'm in the mood to play more and hope more come to PS3 (using Guncon3).[/QUOTE]
Well contact Amazon and get $10 back since it's $60 there now :)

btw 480p and 720p only

i'm not sure how much of a difference 720p is going to make, because the graphics basically look like a ps2 game.

I'd be curious to see what the actual rendered resolution of this game is..

[quote name='The Mana Knight']^^ Yeah, I saw you playing for a long time. ;)

Yesterday, I purchased Time Crisis II, and I've been playing a lot of TC 2 and 3 today. It reminds me why I like light gun games a lot. I'm in the mood to play more and hope more come to PS3 (using Guncon3).[/quote]

I wish my TV would let me play the old Time Crisis games. :(

This game is cool. I have made it to stage 2 and keep dying. Lots of fun. I got my $50 worth already. I probably would have dumped that much in quarters in the arcade by now. Plus I get to keep the orange gun.

wow, you guys sure are easy to please. Even at $39.99 I feel like this game is a ripoff.

I think at $19.99 it's probably worth it for kicks. Bottom line, there's a reason why this game is getting discounted so heavily so soon after release.

[quote name='Zoglog']wow, you guys sure are easy to please. Even at $39.99 I feel like this game is a ripoff.

I think at $19.99 it's probably worth it for kicks. Bottom line, there's a reason why this game is getting discounted so heavily so soon after release.[/quote]

I was considering getting this at $50, and then I saw your earlier post and crossed it off my list. A lightgun game where you can't aim down the barrel like you're supposed to = what's the point? I was really disappointed when I found out the Wii didn't work like that, since I expected it to usher in a lightgun reinaissance.

I am interested in checking out Ghost Squad and that Nyko handgun since supposedly you can calibrate it to work like a real lightgun. Point Blank and Time Crisis collections for the Wii please, Namco.

[quote name='whoknows']Dead aim and another one called Gun Survivor. Was never released in the US, just Japan/Europe. They had the arcade machine at the arcade near me for awhile, too bad it's gone.[/QUOTE]

gun survivor was released in the US, but they removed the "on rails" and gun based gameplay and made it an fps.... god it was awful.... glad i only paid a few buck at blockbuster years ago

[quote name='Zoglog']wow, you guys sure are easy to please. Even at $39.99 I feel like this game is a ripoff.

I think at $19.99 it's probably worth it for kicks. Bottom line, there's a reason why this game is getting discounted so heavily so soon after release.[/QUOTE]I personally felt FPS gameplay shouldn't have been included in TC4. I bought TC4 because I liked the on rails stuff in the previous ones, and that's the main reason I want to play it (and that's what it was intended to be in the first place). That's what TC is all about, being quick and taking good aim, not exploring.

Btw, from what I heard around, on 42" and bigger displays, the guncon3 may have some accuracy issues. I only have a 32", so I should be okay.

I was kind of hoping for TC4 to perform decently, since that could lead to more Guncon3 games (like on PSN and such).

[quote name='metaly']
I am interested in checking out Ghost Squad and that Nyko handgun since supposedly you can calibrate it to work like a real lightgun. Point Blank and Time Crisis collections for the Wii please, Namco.[/QUOTE]

Ghost Squad is a blast, and you can play with up to 3 other people. I highly recommend it, especially when you consider the low price they're selling it for. It is possible to calibrate through the game to give you close-to-line-of-sight. Very short game, but there are a ton of unlockables.

I'm really reconsidering opening my copy of this game. I have a 60" SXRD, so I'm not sure how well the gun will calibrate with that. I've used a eRealgames gun on the TV before, and that worked well, but i'm guessing they both use very different technologies.

Anyone with a larger SXRD that has calibrated and played the game?

I am a huge Lightgun/Time Crisis fan :D Since I'm from the UK, Ghost Squad and Time Crisis 4 both come out next year for me :cry: But thank God the PS3 is region free, time to Import it after Christmas if I have enough money to buy it.

Also, if I do have more money, I'll pick up myself a Black GunCon 3 from somewhere on the net, I don't like the Bright Orange tbh ;)

I started playing yesterday and I've been playing a lot as of late. It took a while to get the Guncon3 setup (and figuring out how to use it right), but once I did, everything was fine.

I'm definitely really liking the game. It may be my favorite Time Crisis in the series. I wasn't too impressed with the graphics in images, but in motion (running at 720p), they look great. I'm definitely addicted to this and having fun. Definitely worth the $70 I paid.
[quote name='PhaperPlane']
Also, if I do have more money, I'll pick up myself a Black GunCon 3 from somewhere on the net, I don't like the Bright Orange tbh ;)[/QUOTE]U.S. gun laws are the reason for the color though.

[quote name='ashram']gun survivor was released in the US, but they removed the "on rails" and gun based gameplay and made it an fps.... god it was awful.... glad i only paid a few buck at blockbuster years ago[/QUOTE]
That's right, that PS1 game. I was thinking of Gun Survivor 2 it turns out. You play as Claire/Steve in it. Was pretty fun when I played it at the arcade.

bread's done
Back