Tonight is the night - YOU DOWN FOR SFII?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']fuck!!!!!!!

My mom's credit card is expired!!

Looks like I'm goign to stick to the trial for tonight.
I'll pick it up in the AM. *Sigh* spent all this time waiting for it and i have to wait some more...[/quote]

All good things come to those who wait...like puberty.

j/k man lol

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']damn 50 mb download..... what am i gonna do to waste time?[/quote]

50meg download? Dude, thats nothing! I'll be nice for once and not make a tooth crack, even though it would too damn easy to do...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']50meg download? Dude, thats nothing! I'll be nice for once and not make a tooth crack, even though it would too damn easy to do...[/quote]

hahah ur so funny. well I went with the trial. gonna stick with it til tomorrow night see impressions and such.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']hahah ur so funny. well I went with the trial. gonna stick with it til tomorrow night see impressions and such.[/quote]

After re reading that, didn't notice the pun there, seriously...

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']everyone else getting slow speeds?[/quote]

I went up to 10% in about 5 seconds, but after that I've been going slower and slower...

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']everyone else getting slow speeds?[/QUOTE]

Mine isn't what I'd call slow. Kind in mind there's probably a few thousand people downloading it right now. That could cause speed issues.

Edit - Mine finished downloading. Time to get my ass kicked.

Controls are a bit iffy. I'll need more time to get adjusted to them.

Edit: I never really realized how poor the D-pad is. While it's workable, it certainly isn't the best. My record is 1-1.

It is crap. I keep on getting timeouts online (and the one match I do get the person left or got kicked by server problems) and I am also getting slowdown in Arcade Mode. Also it is official that the 360 dpad sucks my left nut.

Well, I just played five matches. The first four were without any lag but the fifth was slowed down heavily. I hope it's because there's so many people playing right now, but I imagine this will only get worse tomorrow as more people download it.

My online stats aren't being kept for ranked matches. It gives me a score (1201) but doesn't keep track of my wins or anything like that. It's pretty annoying.

Played the trial and didn't think it was that much fun. I'll play it some more tomorrow and if I like it more I'll give up the 800 points. I thought the D pad was working pretty well, but I only played 5 or so matches vs the CPU.

I quit the game for a minute and restarted it and my online stats have been erased. The leaderboards aren't working either. It feels like they rushed this to meet the release date.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Well, I was playing with cheapy linkin and azn but I got disconnected. I like it.[/quote]

Yeah, don't know what happened but it was good. Gotta hit the hay, for fucking work in a few hours. Late...

Am I the only one without lag problems? I was playing almost exclusively quarter match, but it was running beatifully. You guys should maybe try that.

I was getting timeouts in ranked, btw.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']GG. Cannot effectively do a flashkick at any given time, nor a sonic boom. Need me an arcade stick.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't pull off shit. Nine out of ten times, dragon punches turn out as a forward jump, while hurricane kicks result in jumping backwards.

I haven't played SFII in a couple years, but this is ridiculous. I'm on battle 37 in Arcade Mode, and I've defeated six characters.

Well, the online mode is extremely addicting and I can see myself playing it quite a bit. The stats and leaderboards are all up and running now (I probably would have been near the top if they were up from the get-go. . .damn). Only two of my matches have had any lag at all on ranked games.

My biggest gripe is the Xbox controller. The D-pad is horrible. I've noticed that it gets quite slick with any oils and/or sweat on it. I found my thumb sliding off it several times in the middle of matches. I can see myself investing into an arcade stick in the future.

All the bitching aside, it's still damn fun, even if I'm not that good at it.

If anyone here ever wants a match I'm game.

played a good amount online, hardly any lag, i love it, kudos to capcom. ill be playing this every night like crack.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Is it just that I suck or does the single player seem fuckING difficult?![/QUOTE]

Have you fought Vega yet? It's almost laughable. I can't play this thing to save my life.

I don't know what the hell is going on with my Live, but I've had literally hundreds of timeouts, and the only match I've had was when I created my own game and waited for five minutes. Even then, there was major slowdown. God, I hope all this gets straightened out soon.

[quote name='defiance_17']Yeah, I can't pull off shit. Nine out of ten times, dragon punches turn out as a forward jump, while hurricane kicks result in jumping backwards.

I haven't played SFII in a couple years, but this is ridiculous. I'm on battle 37 in Arcade Mode, and I've defeated six characters.[/quote]

This should feel "at home" for me. I've been playing Super SFII on 3DO, and that D-pad is pretty much crap too...and also extremely difficult for no good reason...

I made it until 3:30 am last night before I zonked out. Going to probably be around tonight playing. I'll look for some of you.

...bought it this morning before work, ran it (just to see if the hf intro was still there) and ran out the door 30 minutes late to work (over slept)..... so no chance to play it till about 6pm..... the agony....as i have been wanting to play this since the 1st announced timeframe (in feb)

[quote name='seanr1221']OMG single player is so much harder than I remember.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened on SF Anniversary...the default difficulty was suddenly cranked way up - not meaning it was on six stars by default, meaning the four star setting was HARD.

A little torn on this now (haven't bought or played it yet). I don't mind the d-pad but if it's going to be dropping matches left and right, forget it.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I've noticed that it gets quite slick with any oils and/or sweat on it. I found my thumb sliding off it several times in the middle of matches.[/QUOTE]
Stop it, you're turning me on.

Even though I've been on the fence about this, I bought it without hesitation this morning (when I should have been leaving for work.) I tried to get an XBLA game going but it simply didn't happen quick enough. Ok I only allowed one attempt but I seriously had to get to work. I did notice CheapyD bought his though. You up for some pwnage Cheapy? :D

[quote name='KaneRobot']Same thing happened on SF Anniversary...the default difficulty was suddenly cranked way up - not meaning it was on six stars by default, meaning the four star setting was HARD.
[/QUOTE]

Yea it's getting me angry. I'm having trouble beating the game with 0 fucking stars..bah!

Also, I havn't gotten lag in any of the 13 matches I've played so far.

Played the trial and boy did it suck not worth 800 at all yeah online mite be fun but blah xbla is still disappointing

Not sure if this has been mentioned, E. honda + LAG will soon become an epidemic. Anyone else get totally owned cause you can't throw a proper fireball through lag (either that or the directional pad) when they just press punch punch punch punch. Who knew?

[quote name='peterhql']Not sure if this has been mentioned, E. honda + LAG will soon become an epidemic. Anyone else get totally owned cause you can't throw a proper fireball through lag (either that or the directional pad) when they just press punch punch punch punch. Who knew?[/QUOTE]

In my one match I was backed into a wall and just got bitch slapped to death by Honda :(

[quote name='Pratt75']Why are all these new arcade games laggy online? Whats the deal with that?[/QUOTE]

Something tells me this is the reason why the game was delayed for 6 months. It sounds like they weren't able to fix the issues and decided to release anyway. I'll find out for myself soon enough.

bread's done
Back