Tonight Show Shakeup Leno Back In

Yeah if that's true, it really sucks as NBC will really be able to dick him over since the offered to keep him on The Tonight Show at 12:05 and there may have been no guarantee of time slot.

In which case he'd be breaching contract by quitting instead of moving to 12:05.

damn if chuck werent always at risk of being canceled id be done with nbc...anyway fuck nbc and fuck leno

theyre screw over not just conan but his whole freaking staff that moved to LA with him :bomb:

[quote name='JolietJake']Didn't they guarantee him the tonight show though? Wouldn't that mean that jay couldn't just move back in?[/QUOTE]

Which is why the offered Conan the Tonight Show at 12:05.

He said no, so they can take it away from him then I guess since he gave it up rather than moving time.

Again assuming that it's true that his contract didn't guarantee the 11:35 time slot.

[quote name='Tony208']This is the stupidiest shit ever, why can't they just have Leno follow Conan at 12:35? Problem fucking solved?[/QUOTE]

Because he was guaranteed the 10 pm time slot in his contract and wouldn't wave that to move to 12:35.

Plus, they just wanted Leno back at 11:35 as he was getting better ratings than Letterman and Conan wasn't.

Or they could keep Conan, have Leno follow, and get rid of whoever the other Poser is after that... Faillon? Problem fucking solved.

[quote name='Tony208']This is the stupidiest shit ever, why can't they just have Leno follow Conan at 12:35? Problem fucking solved?[/QUOTE]

Because Leno was getting double the ratings and beating Dave Letterman everynight. Because Comcast owns NBC and alot of the regional NBC channels were complaining because Leno at 10 p.m. wasn't drawing ratings and Conan wasn't drawing ratings at 11 30. NBC's primetime had become 8-10 and people changed the channel after.

The Major problem with Conan's contract is that it didn't specify a time period. Howard Stern has gabbed for hours about all of this due to his hatred towards Jay Leno. Stern mentioned that in the past that whenever he got a contract for the morning rush hour that it was always from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. So that corporate couldn't f him over and put it sometime else. NBC could keep "The Tonight Show" with Conan and put it at 2 a.m. if they wanted. Conan really did get f'ed over but his lawyer should have specified in his contract the time slot. NBC cant even get a guest host because it would come off as Conan being fired. NBC also has the Winter Olympics coming up which is why this move was made. People and Suits were pressing for higher ratings.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Or they could keep Conan, have Leno follow, and get rid of whoever the other Poser is after that... Faillon? Problem fucking solved.[/QUOTE]

That might have been a better, more dignified option for Leno. Follow the Tonight Show with a classy, laid back, Late Late Show with Tom Snyder-style show. But what Leno wants, we have to live with, I guess.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']But what Leno wants, we have to live with, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Don't tune in for Leno's show, and hope that he gets the same fate that Conan unfortunately suffered.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Or they could keep Conan, have Leno follow, and get rid of whoever the other Poser is after that... Faillon? Problem fucking solved.[/QUOTE]

People keep missing the biggest point.

Leno had big ratings for them at 11:30. PERIOD.

Why don't people see this?

[quote name='DestroVega']People keep missing the biggest point.

Why don't people see this?[/QUOTE]

I see it. They just simply need to release Conan and let him go wherever if they have such confidence in Leno's ability to draw ratings as he did before.

It's a dick move to take it away from Conan and try to force him later, or keep him from leaving.

^ They are releasing Conan...

it's shitty but listen, Leno had ratings and Conan didn't

now... Leno's dumb show at 10 was a huge factor in Conan's failing... but that's the breaks I guess.

This is absolutely appalling to me. I can't believe this is actually going through. I was hoping that Leno would have the good sense to retire(not to mention get a clue), and be the end of this cluster:fuck: but I guess I was expecting too much.

I'm wondering if this is all a pride issue for Leno as he doesn't want to retire before Letterman does, given their past history. God what an asshole.

Didn't someone mention before that the reason he had high ratings was so that people catch his shows before he leaves the tonight show?

[quote name='DestroVega']it's shitty but listen, Leno had ratings and Conan didn't[/QUOTE]
Say it 14 more times.

Best quote from last night's Conan:

[quote name='Coco']"Hosting The Tonight Show has been the fulfillment of a lifelong dream for me - and I just want to say to the kids out there watching: You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too."[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='DestroVega']^ They are releasing Conan...

it's shitty but listen, Leno had ratings and Conan didn't

now... Leno's dumb show at 10 was a huge factor in Conan's failing... but that's the breaks I guess.[/QUOTE]

Leno had ratings as the Tonight Show host.

Leno did not have ratings as the Leno Show host.

See where your attempt at logic fails?

EDIT: Also, Patton Oswalt comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ei4rgiDveY

[quote name='DestroVega']^ They are releasing Conan...
[/QUOTE]

Is that official? Earlier there were the quotes for Zucker saying he'd keep Conan off the air for 3 1/2 years. That's not releasing him.

[quote name='mykevermin']Leno had ratings as the Tonight Show host.

Leno did not have ratings as the Leno Show host.

See where your attempt at logic fails?[/QUOTE]

No talk show is going to get ratings at 10 PM as very few people would watch any talk show over a drama, sitcom etc. on another network.

Conan's ratings were worse as he probably shares a lot of fans with Letterman. Lots of people probably watched Letterman and switched over to Conan on Late Night before. But a lot of those people apparently stuck with Letterman when he moved to the Tonight Show.

While a lot of Leno fans (older folks, middle american jack offs etc.) probably just quit watching as they didn't care for Conan, and had never liked Letterman.

Thus Conan wasn't able to pull the same ratings as Leno on The Tonight Show as he lost Leno fans, and lost some of his Late Night fans who stuck with Letterman at 11:30.

I don't think there's anything intrinsic about wanting to watch a TV drama at 10PM.

I do think, however, that 3 and a half hours of talk show broken up by 30 minute of local news (Leno through Fallon) is a magnificently poor scheduling decision.

[quote name='dmaul1114']No talk show is going to get ratings at 10 PM as very few people would watch any talk show over a drama, sitcom etc. on another network.

Conan's ratings were worse as he probably shares a lot of fans with Letterman. Lots of people probably watched Letterman and switched over to Conan on Late Night before. But a lot of those people apparently stuck with Letterman when he moved to the Tonight Show.

While a lot of Leno fans (older folks, middle american jack offs etc.) probably just quit watching as they didn't care for Conan, and had never liked Letterman.

Thus Conan wasn't able to pull the same ratings as Leno on The Tonight Show as he lost Leno fans, and lost some of his Late Night fans who stuck with Letterman at 11:30.[/QUOTE]

Then again, everyone is also forgetting how useless ratings are. Ratings are only based upon people who are part of the Nielsen Research Group. It shouldn't matter if you only get a certain amount on Nielsen, since it's not even in.. what, 10% of homes? The shows are getting watched, but there is no other way to tally who is watching. It seems to be prevalent that lots of older people are the ones with Nielsen in their house.

I think everyone is seeing that. I think the issue is that Conan was only given less than 6 months to build a base. I am not sure of the specifics but I know Conan's rating were not awful....the other issue is that The Leno Show eliminated dramas which are often popular with older people and mid-Americans also Leno is popular with that demographic as well. People get to watch Leno earlier and that effects both Conan's ratings and the local news rating (which have suffered as well). Also if someone doesn't like Leno and thus don't watch the Leno show they are less willing to remember to flip to NBC when Conan is on. Also the Leno gave people their "talk show fix" for the evening.

Another issue is Leno is popular with older people like 50-60 and up. That is a short sided view as these people keep getting older they watch less TV, go to bed early, and die. On the flip side Conan's fans whom watched him for the last 16 years are getting older thus staying home more, watching more tv, and going to bed earlier. People who watch Conan or early Simpsons even in College would be in close to or in their 40s now. So Conan ratings should only grow over the next years.

Plus old people are stubborn and if the just stick with Conan it will force a lot of the people in the middle of the two groups I described to just get used to him and start to understand his humor.

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't think there's anything intrinsic about wanting to watch a TV drama at 10PM.

I do think, however, that 3 and a half hours of talk show broken up by 30 minute of local news (Leno through Fallon) is a magnificently poor scheduling decision.[/QUOTE]

My point was more that people watch the late night talk shows as there's nothing else on--just re-runs of shows in syndication, infomercials, old movies etc. Well if you're not into sports at least--I watch Sportscenter more than these talk shows.

It's not something intrinsic about the 10pm timeslot. It's just that most people will go for a new episode of a TV show over a talk show regardless of time slot.

Thus the earlier primetime slots are a graveyard for talk shows as not many will tune in vs. watching a drama or comedy. Vs showing them later when there's nothing else new on to watch.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Have you come upon that site that lets you take a pic of yourself with a webcam with that same Conan hair? I'm not sure if I saw it on FB or somewhere else, but I'm trying to find it myself. I was trying to do it myself on Photoshop, but I suck at that program.[/QUOTE]

Found it:

http://www.conanyourself.com/

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Then again, everyone is also forgetting how useless ratings are. Ratings are only based upon people who are part of the Nielsen Research Group. It shouldn't matter if you only get a certain amount on Nielsen, since it's not even in.. what, 10% of homes? The shows are getting watched, but there is no other way to tally who is watching. It seems to be prevalent that lots of older people are the ones with Nielsen in their house.[/QUOTE]
In statistics you don't have to poll everyone. You select an adequate sample and perform the analysis on that sample, in this case the Nielsen homes.

[quote name='JolietJake']In statistics you don't have to poll everyone. You select an adequate sample and perform the analysis on that sample, in this case the Nielsen homes.[/QUOTE]

Yep. The only question is how representative the Neilsen homes are across age, race, gender and class lines. If it's not representative across demographic groukps, then it's a poor sample to try and estimate viewership nationwide.

Here is an interesting question. I have read a lot of comedians and actors are throwing their full support for Conan. Can these people protest/boycott by refusing to appear on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno or do these actors have a contract stating they HAVE to appear on the tonight show to promote their new movie?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Here is an interesting question. I have read a lot of comedians and actors are throwing their full support for Conan. Can these people protest/boycott by refusing to appear on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno or do these actors have a contract stating they HAVE to appear on the tonight show to promote their new movie?[/QUOTE]
It's very possible that something like that could be written into the contracts of some actors.

There is a rumor that Conan's last show could air as soon as next week.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']It's very possible that something like that could be written into the contracts of some actors.

There is a rumor that Conan's last show could air as soon as next week.[/QUOTE]

Yea I know they have to promote the film as part of the their contract. Do you really think these actors LOVE to go all over the world to attend the premiere of their movie in that country? I would get tired of it. But anyways I guess they are "booked" by the tonight show weeks in advanced.

As for that rumor, if it is true...I am going to bet you money that anyone who has tickets from now til next Friday is going to try to sell them on EBAY. Son of a bitch.

Another thing to remember is that NBC just spent MILLIONS of dollars building both show brand new sets. That's not cheap. Arghh , I would love to strangle the guy who told the bean counters "It's ok, it was only a few Million! :p"

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am going to bet you money that anyone who has tickets from now til next Friday is going to try to sell them on EBAY. Son of a bitch.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand through looking at the process of obtaining tickets myself, it's not possible.

You're put on a waiting list, and they can call you up until the day of the show to tell you that you have an opportunity to get in, then if you show up, you can still be denied depending on how many people that were called showed up and your place in line...and there is no ticket per say, your name is on a list, and its not transferable.

The sad thing is, with primetime leading him in again Leno could have better ratings than Conan and NBC will think they did the right thing.

I hope it tanks. I'm surprised Leno is risking ruining his image like this.

Leno pulled a bigger audience than Conan did. True. Leno also didn't pull a huge audience when he first started. It took him years to establish himself. When it went from Carson to Leno, I'm sure the ratings were not the same for a long time (probably years). The network stuck it out and let him pull an audience. It said in 2006 he had held the lead for 11 years, meaning since 95. He got the job in 92. That's 3 years to take the lead. Conan has had 7 months. It's silly to argue that just because he isn't pulling the same numbers, Conan should get outed for Leno. They expected Leno to do just as well against big budget shows as he did against reruns and people going to sleep. The network made a gamble, screwed up and now are trying to fix it by screwing Conan.

If Leno was doing so well they shouldn't have fired him from the job in the first place, especially if the best idea they could come up with would be to give him another show that started an hour and a half earlier.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']From what I understand through looking at the process of obtaining tickets myself, it's not possible.

You're put on a waiting list, and they can call you up until the day of the show to tell you that you have an opportunity to get in, then if you show up, you can still be denied depending on how many people that were called showed up and your place in line...and there is no ticket per say, your name is on a list, and its not transferable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah when a friend and I saw Conan in Chicago a couple of years ago...my friend literally got emailed the night before....and yes even then there was still a chance of not getting in. We had to get there 5 hours early

[quote name='LinkinPrime']From what I understand through looking at the process of obtaining tickets myself, it's not possible.

You're put on a waiting list, and they can call you up until the day of the show to tell you that you have an opportunity to get in, then if you show up, you can still be denied depending on how many people that were called showed up and your place in line...and there is no ticket per say, your name is on a list, and its not transferable.[/QUOTE]
Yea I went and saw the show a couple nights ago and they check your ID when you get there, so there is no way to sell your ticket. And it also seems that there are no more tickets for his remaining shows... I was hoping to go to one more. :cry:

I have waited several times for stand by tickets in NYC outside of RFP a few years back and learned a few things

-You have to be waiting at the spot no earlier than 5:30 to be one of the top ten.
-9am is when they give out tickets. If you are late and past the first 10, forget about it.
-I have seen lines go as much as 100+ people for stand by tickets.
-I have been within the top 10 people waiting in line for stand by tickets, ranging from number 1, to number 6, to number 9.
-Even if I was within the first top 5, there is still a chance that you will not get in :(

It can be a long wait only to find out there are no stand by's available :(

Yea I could have called/email a long time ago , but not only was it fun meeting other people trying to see conan and talking about his show, but to also find out the reservations ahead of time is not for sure :(

[quote name='Doc Bacca']

If Leno was doing so well they shouldn't have fired him from the job in the first place, especially if the best idea they could come up with would be to give him another show that started an hour and a half earlier.[/QUOTE]

NBC never fired Leno from the tonight show. My guess is that he just wanted a break from show business, but I guess NBC gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

wait what?

Did anyone see this?
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=62402

NBC has announced its post-Winter Olympics primetime schedule beginning March 1st:

NBC unveiled its new post-Winter Olympics primetime program schedule today. The new drama series "Parenthood" will premiere on Tuesday, March 2 (10-11 p.m. ET) and the comedy panel series "The Marriage Ref" from Jerry Seinfeld will premiere Thursday, March 4 (10-11 p.m. ET) after its sneak preview on Sunday, February 28 (10:30-11 p.m. ET) following NBC's coverage of the Closing Ceremony of the Winter Olympics.

In addition, the new alternative series "Who Do You Think You Are?" from Lisa Kudrow will premiere Friday, March 5 (8-9 p.m. ET) and the new game show "Minute to Win It" joins the lineup on Sunday, March 14 (8-9 p.m. ET). Also, "Friday Night Lights" will begin a new broadcast season on NBC on Fridays (8-9 p.m. ET) starting April 30 after "Who Do You Think You Are?" concludes its run.

The long-running series "Law & Order" continues its 20th season debuting on a new night with a two-hour telecast (9-11 p.m. ET) on Monday, March 1 before settling into its regular time period the following week, Monday, March 8 (10-11 p.m. ET). "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" will move to Wednesdays at 10-11 p.m. (ET) beginning March 3. Encore episodes will air at 9-10 p.m. (ET) followed by original episodes (10-11 p.m. ET). "Trauma" returns to the schedule Monday, March 8 (9-10 p.m. ET).

"Parenthood" is a one-hour drama inspired by the box-office comedy hit of the same name that debuts Tuesday, March 2 (10-11 p.m. ET). The re-imagined and updated production introduces audiences to the large and colorful yet imperfect Braverman family and features an all-star cast that includes Lauren Graham, Peter Krause, Craig T. Nelson, Erika Christensen, and Bonnie Bedelia among others. Serving as executive producers are Oscar winners Ron Howard and Brian Grazer ("A Beautiful Mind," "Frost/Nixon"), Jason Katims ("Friday Night Lights") - who wrote the pilot episode - and David Nevins ("Friday Night Lights," "Arrested Development"). Emmy Award winner Thomas Schlamme ("The West Wing") is the director and executive producer of the pilot. "Parenthood" is from Imagine Television and Universal Media Studios.

"The Marriage Ref" - which has a special sneak preview following the Closing Ceremony of the Winter Olympics on February 28 - is NBC's new comedy panel series about the unpredictable and hilarious institution commonly known as marriage. It features comedian/actor Tom Papa, who was personally selected by executive producer Jerry Seinfeld to host and serve as the "marriage ref." The show will premiere in its regular slot on Thursdays (10-11 p.m. ET) beginning March 4.

"The Marriage Ref" is produced by Seinfeld's Columbus 81 Productions and Ellen Rakieten Entertainment. Seinfeld, Ellen Rakieten ("The Oprah Winfrey Show"), Shed Media's Nick Emmerson ("Supernanny") and Jennifer O'Connell ("Supernanny"), Al Berman ("The Biggest Loser Live Finale," "The Celebrity Apprentice Live Finale"), Howard West ("Seinfeld") and George Shapiro ("Seinfeld") serve as executive producers. International distribution is by Endemol.

"Who Do You Think You Are?" premieres Friday, March 5 (8-9 p.m. ET) and gives viewers an up-close and personal look inside the family history of some of today's most beloved and iconic celebrities. Among the celebrities featured are Matthew Broderick, Lisa Kudrow, Spike Lee, Sarah Jessica Parker, Susan Sarandon, Brooke Shields and Emmitt Smith. Ancestry.com is NBC's official partner on the series. From executive producer Kudrow ("Friends," "The Comeback") - in conjunction with her production company Is or Isn't Entertainment and the U.K.'s Wall to Wall productions - "Who Do You Think You Are?" is an adaptation of the hit BBC television documentary series created and executive-produced by Alex Graham.

"Who Do You Think You Are?" is produced by Wall to Wall productions (a Shed Media Company) in association with Is or Isn't Entertainment. Alex Graham and Lucy Carter from Wall to Wall and Lisa Kudrow, Dan Bucatinsky and Don Roos from Is or Isn't Entertainment are the executive producers. Bryn Freedman is the co-executive producer.

All-American chef and television personality Guy Fieri ("Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives") will host NBC's new game show "Minute to Win It" as it debuts on Sunday, March 14 (8-9 p.m. ET). Fieri will serve as master of ceremonies and will lead competitors through a series of simple, yet nerve-wracking games that can reward them a $1 million prize. Over eight one-hour episodes, competitors will face 10 challenges that escalate in level of difficulty using everyday household items. Each game has a 60-second time limit and failure to finish the task on time will eliminate the contestant. At various points throughout the game, the contestant can walk away with the money earned up to that point - but it'll take nerves of steel to complete all 10 tasks to win $1 million.

"Minute to Win It" is produced by Universal Media Studios with Friday Television. Craig Plestis, Tim Puntillo (NBC's "Identity"), Mattias Olsson and Jock Millgardh serve as executive producers.

The new post-Olympics program schedule grid follows (all times ET); new series are in upper case.

MONDAYS
8-9 p.m. - "Chuck"
9-10 p.m. - "Trauma" (beginning March 8)
10-11 p.m. -"Law & Order" (returns March 1 with two-hour episode, 9-11 p.m. (ET); resumes in regular time slot March 8)

TUESDAYS
8-10 p.m. - "The Biggest Loser"
10-11 p.m. - "PARENTHOOD" (premieres March 2)

WEDNESDAYS
8-9 p.m. - "Mercy"
9-10 p.m. - "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (encores beginning March 3)
10-11 p.m. - "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (originals beginning March 3)

THURSDAYS
8-8:30 p.m. - "Community"
8:30-9 p.m. - "Parks and Recreation"
9-9:30 p.m. - "The Office"
9:30-10 p.m. - "30 Rock"
10-11 p.m. - "THE MARRIAGE REF" (premieres March 4; sneak preview February 28)

FRIDAYS
8-9 p.m. - "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" (premieres March 5; "Friday Night Lights" returns on April 30)
9-11 p.m. - "Dateline NBC" (begins March 5)

SATURDAYS (all beginning March 6)
8-9 p.m. - "The Biggest Loser" (encore episode)
9-10 p.m. - "Law & Order" (encore episode)
10-11 p.m. - "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (encore episode)

SUNDAYS (all beginning March 14)
7-8 p.m. - "Dateline NBC"
8-9 p.m. - "MINUTE TO WIN IT" (premieres March 14)
9-11 p.m. - "The Celebrity Apprentice" (season premiere March 14)

talk about plan B!

[quote name='ITDEFX']wait what?

Did anyone see this?
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=62402

NBC has announced its post-Winter Olympics primetime schedule beginning March 1st:

NBC unveiled its new post-Winter Olympics primetime program schedule today. The new drama series "Parenthood" will premiere on Tuesday, March 2 (10-11 p.m. ET) and the comedy panel series "The Marriage Ref" from Jerry Seinfeld will premiere Thursday, March 4 (10-11 p.m. ET) after its sneak preview on Sunday, February 28 (10:30-11 p.m. ET) following NBC's coverage of the Closing Ceremony of the Winter Olympics.

In addition, the new alternative series "Who Do You Think You Are?" from Lisa Kudrow will premiere Friday, March 5 (8-9 p.m. ET) and the new game show "Minute to Win It" joins the lineup on Sunday, March 14 (8-9 p.m. ET). Also, "Friday Night Lights" will begin a new broadcast season on NBC on Fridays (8-9 p.m. ET) starting April 30 after "Who Do You Think You Are?" concludes its run.

The long-running series "Law & Order" continues its 20th season debuting on a new night with a two-hour telecast (9-11 p.m. ET) on Monday, March 1 before settling into its regular time period the following week, Monday, March 8 (10-11 p.m. ET). "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" will move to Wednesdays at 10-11 p.m. (ET) beginning March 3. Encore episodes will air at 9-10 p.m. (ET) followed by original episodes (10-11 p.m. ET). "Trauma" returns to the schedule Monday, March 8 (9-10 p.m. ET).

"Parenthood" is a one-hour drama inspired by the box-office comedy hit of the same name that debuts Tuesday, March 2 (10-11 p.m. ET). The re-imagined and updated production introduces audiences to the large and colorful yet imperfect Braverman family and features an all-star cast that includes Lauren Graham, Peter Krause, Craig T. Nelson, Erika Christensen, and Bonnie Bedelia among others. Serving as executive producers are Oscar winners Ron Howard and Brian Grazer ("A Beautiful Mind," "Frost/Nixon"), Jason Katims ("Friday Night Lights") - who wrote the pilot episode - and David Nevins ("Friday Night Lights," "Arrested Development"). Emmy Award winner Thomas Schlamme ("The West Wing") is the director and executive producer of the pilot. "Parenthood" is from Imagine Television and Universal Media Studios.

"The Marriage Ref" - which has a special sneak preview following the Closing Ceremony of the Winter Olympics on February 28 - is NBC's new comedy panel series about the unpredictable and hilarious institution commonly known as marriage. It features comedian/actor Tom Papa, who was personally selected by executive producer Jerry Seinfeld to host and serve as the "marriage ref." The show will premiere in its regular slot on Thursdays (10-11 p.m. ET) beginning March 4.

"The Marriage Ref" is produced by Seinfeld's Columbus 81 Productions and Ellen Rakieten Entertainment. Seinfeld, Ellen Rakieten ("The Oprah Winfrey Show"), Shed Media's Nick Emmerson ("Supernanny") and Jennifer O'Connell ("Supernanny"), Al Berman ("The Biggest Loser Live Finale," "The Celebrity Apprentice Live Finale"), Howard West ("Seinfeld") and George Shapiro ("Seinfeld") serve as executive producers. International distribution is by Endemol.

"Who Do You Think You Are?" premieres Friday, March 5 (8-9 p.m. ET) and gives viewers an up-close and personal look inside the family history of some of today's most beloved and iconic celebrities. Among the celebrities featured are Matthew Broderick, Lisa Kudrow, Spike Lee, Sarah Jessica Parker, Susan Sarandon, Brooke Shields and Emmitt Smith. Ancestry.com is NBC's official partner on the series. From executive producer Kudrow ("Friends," "The Comeback") - in conjunction with her production company Is or Isn't Entertainment and the U.K.'s Wall to Wall productions - "Who Do You Think You Are?" is an adaptation of the hit BBC television documentary series created and executive-produced by Alex Graham.

"Who Do You Think You Are?" is produced by Wall to Wall productions (a Shed Media Company) in association with Is or Isn't Entertainment. Alex Graham and Lucy Carter from Wall to Wall and Lisa Kudrow, Dan Bucatinsky and Don Roos from Is or Isn't Entertainment are the executive producers. Bryn Freedman is the co-executive producer.

All-American chef and television personality Guy Fieri ("Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives") will host NBC's new game show "Minute to Win It" as it debuts on Sunday, March 14 (8-9 p.m. ET). Fieri will serve as master of ceremonies and will lead competitors through a series of simple, yet nerve-wracking games that can reward them a $1 million prize. Over eight one-hour episodes, competitors will face 10 challenges that escalate in level of difficulty using everyday household items. Each game has a 60-second time limit and failure to finish the task on time will eliminate the contestant. At various points throughout the game, the contestant can walk away with the money earned up to that point - but it'll take nerves of steel to complete all 10 tasks to win $1 million.

"Minute to Win It" is produced by Universal Media Studios with Friday Television. Craig Plestis, Tim Puntillo (NBC's "Identity"), Mattias Olsson and Jock Millgardh serve as executive producers.

The new post-Olympics program schedule grid follows (all times ET); new series are in upper case.

MONDAYS
8-9 p.m. - "Chuck"
9-10 p.m. - "Trauma" (beginning March 8)
10-11 p.m. -"Law & Order" (returns March 1 with two-hour episode, 9-11 p.m. (ET); resumes in regular time slot March 8)

TUESDAYS
8-10 p.m. - "The Biggest Loser"
10-11 p.m. - "PARENTHOOD" (premieres March 2)

WEDNESDAYS
8-9 p.m. - "Mercy"
9-10 p.m. - "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (encores beginning March 3)
10-11 p.m. - "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (originals beginning March 3)

THURSDAYS
8-8:30 p.m. - "Community"
8:30-9 p.m. - "Parks and Recreation"
9-9:30 p.m. - "The Office"
9:30-10 p.m. - "30 Rock"
10-11 p.m. - "THE MARRIAGE REF" (premieres March 4; sneak preview February 28)

FRIDAYS
8-9 p.m. - "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" (premieres March 5; "Friday Night Lights" returns on April 30)
9-11 p.m. - "Dateline NBC" (begins March 5)

SATURDAYS (all beginning March 6)
8-9 p.m. - "The Biggest Loser" (encore episode)
9-10 p.m. - "Law & Order" (encore episode)
10-11 p.m. - "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (encore episode)

SUNDAYS (all beginning March 14)
7-8 p.m. - "Dateline NBC"
8-9 p.m. - "MINUTE TO WIN IT" (premieres March 14)
9-11 p.m. - "The Celebrity Apprentice" (season premiere March 14)

talk about plan B![/QUOTE]
I am confused this doesn't even cover the Tonite Show time slot. Are you shocked Seinfeld would produce a show called the Marriage Ref?

Conan is going off the air and Guy Fieri gets a new show on television?

I don't believe I've ever hated Americans on the whole as much as I do now.

“Hi, I’m Conan O’Brien, NBC’s “Employee of the Month.’”

“There’s a rumor that NBC is so upset with me, they want to keep me off the air for three years. My response to that is, if NBC doesn’t want people to see me, just leave me on NBC.”

“Time sure does fly. Do you realize that a baby born on the day we did our first “Tonight Show” is now a slightly larger baby?”

“This is absolutely true—I received a letter from the adult film company ‘Pink Visual’ offering me a role in one of their porno movies. In the movie I’d be having sex with a beautiful woman and just as we’re about to climax I get replaced by Jay Leno.”

“No matter what happens, it’s been a real honor to sit in the same chair as Steve Allen, Jack Paar, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, and Jay Leno.”

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/conan-obriens-barbs-keep-coming/

EDIT: I spoiler'd it as the quotes read line monologue one-liners he will use tonight.

[quote name='mykevermin']Conan is going off the air and Guy Fieri gets a new show on television?

I don't believe I've ever hated Americans on the whole as much as I do now.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I don't like Guy.

bread's done
Back