Tons (100+) of clearance games $0.96-8.96 @ circuitcity.com

wlau

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
A ton of games from the past few Circuit City clearances are currently available online. Prices range from $0.96 - $8.96. There are way too many titles to list individually, so please use the links below to browse by system.

Shipping = $1.99 + $0.50 for each additional item.

PS2
XBox
GC
DS
GBA

Notes:
[quote name='"evanft"']Oftentimes it doesn't say that the game is OOS right on the page, you have to click on the game and bring up its page to check if it's OOS.[/quote]
[quote name='"ultra6160"']Before you add an item to cart, click on the item description, it will tell you right there whether the game is in stock or not.[/QUOTE]
At the time of this post, most of the games were in stock. I was able to get just about everything I wanted. I imagine the stock on these games were very low to begin with, so they sold out quickly.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Site is back up and looks to be up to date about a game being in stock or not[/QUOTE]
It's more up-to-date than before, but all of the items that I was interested in that said they were in stock (that had the "Add to Cart" button displayed) were actually out of stock.

[quote name='Follandboy']I hate this sale.

I put 8 games in my cart that were all "availble" and the only one they ended up having was NFL Street 2 for GC[/quote]

really? thats weird...ive never heard of that happening before:roll:

Well , I hit the stores yesterday was able to find a few games with the CC list.

I was happy to find Xenosaga but was dissapointed that it had gone up in price to 14.99.

[quote name='spamfree2']Well , I hit the stores yesterday was able to find a few games with the CC list.

I was happy to find Xenosaga but was dissapointed that it had gone up in price to 14.99.[/QUOTE]

Same here found Xenosaga but I was really hoping it would be a $5. Funny they have had it for less than $10 before. But I was able to find Tekken Tag Tournament for $2 last night! I'm pretty happy about that because I've been wanting to complete my PS2 tekken collection for a while now. I passed up on this game when Sears was selling it for $5 on black Friday, $2 at CC is even better

I couldn't find any cheap game still in stock. Pretty crazy, they must have gotten slammed with orders. No taking advantage of the trade 3 get an extra $10 for me from this sale.

[quote name='spamfree2']Well , I hit the stores yesterday was able to find a few games with the CC list.

I was happy to find Xenosaga but was dissapointed that it had gone up in price to 14.99.[/QUOTE]

Was it one of those value games with the sticker over the UPC? I haven't seen a copy of Xenosaga in a CC store without a value sticker since January.

Don't forget you can go to the actual stores and find these deals (Found Gun for $10).

Also I was there and they told me you could use their computer (Which I did) to to bring up prices to show them so they could match.

[quote name='NamPaehc'](Found Gun for $10).[/QUOTE]

My local B&M store had both the PS2 and Xbox ports of GUN for $5 over the Labor Day weekend earlier this month. I found out about the sale on a thread here at CAG.

I went to Circuit City last night and had them look up a lot of the games on the list and they weren't even showing up as existing. The only one on my list that showed up was lunar and they couldn't order it.

[quote name='nodoubt']for those who got stuff at the store, are the tags' prices correct? or does the correct price ring up at the register? thanks[/QUOTE]

In my case Tekken Tag wasn't even in their inventory system so the guy just price adjusted it to $1.96 and didn't even charge me tax. I was pretty happy about that.

The Xenosaga I saw was the first one, GH edition and when scanned using the UPC it was $14.99. I know that Xenosaga 2 is $8.96 if you can find it in stores still.

Man, I am fucking pissed.

I spent nearly 45 minutes on the phone trying to order a few games from the sale, after the CC website had made my browser crash (not once, not twice, but three times).

After getting an operator who obviously didn't have English as her first language, due to her accent, she took her sweet time trying to decipher the game titles I was trying to describe to her over the phone. I had to spell out most of the fucking game titles, that I felt like I was teaching her how to spell.

I was planning on ordering nearly $200.00 worth of those clearance games (including some of the more regular priced titles) when the operator lets me know that 6 of the games I had her 'add to my cart' during our lengthy sales conversation were 'no longer in stock'.

Needless to say, I was extremely pissed that I had wasted my time, especially since 3 of the 6 titles that were out of stock were titles that I was really looking forward to playing.

WTF kind of telephone operator system do they run? I mean, are these operators using the website like I would be? Typing in the URL, browsing the site, using the 'search' option? She was also really starting to irritate me because every 5-10 seconds, she would apologize and say something like 'sorry for that', 'I apologize....', 'thank you for waiting' or 'I appreciate your patience....'.

Nearly 45 fucking minutes and the games I want become out of stock.

Damned, stupid, fucking 'English-as-a-second-language' operators.

[quote name='GunPanther']Man, I am fucking pissed.

I spent nearly 45 minutes on the phone trying to order a few games from the sale, after the CC website had made my browser crash (not once, not twice, but three times).

After getting an operator who obviously didn't have English as her first language, due to her accent, she took her sweet time trying to decipher the game titles I was trying to describe to her over the phone. I had to spell out most of the fucking game titles, that I felt like I was teaching her how to spell.

I was planning on ordering nearly $200.00 worth of those clearance games (including some of the more regular priced titles) when the operator lets me know that 6 of the games I had her 'add to my cart' during our lengthy sales conversation were 'no longer in stock'.

Needless to say, I was extremely pissed that I had wasted my time, especially since 3 of the 6 titles that were out of stock were titles that I was really looking forward to playing.

WTF kind of telephone operator system do they run? I mean, are these operators using the website like I would be? Typing in the URL, browsing the site, using the 'search' option? She was also really starting to irritate me because every 5-10 seconds, she would apologize and say something like 'sorry for that', 'I apologize....', 'thank you for waiting' or 'I appreciate your patience....'.

Damned, stupid, fucking 'English-as-a-second-language' operators.[/QUOTE]
:roll:
Well, sorry Archie Bunker.

Another mad ebayer story. Those warm my heart. Thanks for posting it : )

Can't believe you are ragging on her even though it sounds like she was trying her best and being polite about it.

[quote name='GunPanther']Man, I am fucking pissed.

Damned, stupid, fucking 'English-as-a-second-language' operators.[/quote]

Well...I wouldn't blame it on the operator who had a hard time speaking english, I'd blame it on the person who has a hard time reading english.

[quote name='GunPanther']Man, I am fucking pissed. . . .
[/QUOTE]

You want to know what that customer service rep was likely doing during the call as well?

It was probably something like this: :booty:

[quote name='captainfrizo']You want to know what that customer service rep was likely doing during the call as well?

It was probably something like this: :booty:[/quote]

or this :-({|= :-({|= or this :argue: :argue: maybe even thinking this:twoguns: :robot:or doing this :speaktothehand: \\:D/or maybe this too :bow: :bow: but definately not this:grouphug:

in stock now
at least was TIME OF POSTING

The Sportsman Two-Pack (Game Boy® Advance)
UPC 047875751392 $3.96

After $16.03 savings
See savings
Remove
Update quantity $3.96
MLB™ SlugFest: Loaded (PlayStation®2)
UPC 031719268986
see accessories $5.96

Remove
Update quantity $5.96
Cabela’s Big Game Hunter: 2005 Adventures (PlayStation®2)
UPC 047875750593
see accessories $5.96

Remove
Update quantity $5.96
World Championship Poker (Nintendo DS™)
UPC 650008099010
see accessories $5.96

After $11.00 savings
See savings
Remove
Update quantity

Ummm not sure if this was brought up yet, but if you don't care is its credit or cash you should just by any non-sports game thats less then #3.00 then sell them back to gamestop when they have the bring three games get $10.00. you'll prolly make about a 3-4 dollar profit with each 3 game deal.(Yes, unfortunatly the deal went away today,but the deal will be back in a few months, if your willing to wait that long)

[quote name='assasin4hire']Ummm not sure if this was brought up yet, but if you don't care is its credit or cash you should just by any non-sports game thats less then #3.00 then sell them back to gamestop when they have the bring three games get $10.00. you'll prolly make about a 3-4 dollar profit with each 3 game deal.(Yes, unfortunatly the deal went away today,but the deal will be back in a few months, if your willing to wait that long)[/QUOTE]
Personally, I'd prefer to just have the cash to spend where ever I like than tie up money which will only provide a $3 or $4 return months later. Especially if they're games I don't want to play or already have played.

[quote name='assasin4hire']Ummm not sure if this was brought up yet, but if you don't care is its credit or cash you should just by any non-sports game thats less then #3.00 then sell them back to gamestop when they have the bring three games get $10.00. you'll prolly make about a 3-4 dollar profit with each 3 game deal.(Yes, unfortunatly the deal went away today,but the deal will be back in a few months, if your willing to wait that long)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the deal was extended.

[quote name='GunPanther']
I was planning on ordering nearly $200.00 worth of those clearance games (including some of the more regular priced titles) when the operator lets me know that 6 of the games I had her 'add to my cart' during our lengthy sales conversation were 'no longer in stock'. [/quote]That's too bad, because we're also out of stock on Sympathy.

[quote name='cranguy']That's too bad, because we're also out of stock on Sympathy.[/quote]

I'm not...I have plenty to go around. The way you run ur company must suck if u already ran out of sympathy this early in the year.

Anyways, to the original poster of that retarded story, be glad only 6 games making up the of the $200 were OOS, u poor poor ignorant fool

[QUOTE=GunPanther;2221251

I was planning on ordering nearly $200.00 worth of those clearance games

its too bad you couldnt spend that money on games that were 2 or 3 yrs old. you really missed out . but stay strong, keep the faith my friend!

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Anyone who got in "early" care to share what kind of games they got?

It seems all the people posting they got tons this morning aren't listing anything. It might appease some of the frothing people over the really RARE games if they were never available (and it's not likely many were).

Thanks![/quote]

I wasn't exactly early, but I managed to get:

Links 2004
Rogue Ops
Half Life 2

These were xbox titles, ~$21 shipped. There were actually a few others that I passed on that were still in stock, like Scaler.

I posted my haul up thread.

Early: MK: Deception (GC), Rogue Ops (GC), Red Dead Revolver (PS2)

Next Day: Tenchu: Fatal Shadows (PS2, not a bad find.).

Recently: Def Jam: FFNY (GC, why was I still able to get this? DJ:FFNY is one of those good games, so it really shouldn't have hung out on the site for long.)

Like suko_32 already said this has been extended until 10/15. If you did a simple search you would have found this: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106720&highlight=Trade

I learned something new about the CC sale today. I realized you could add stuff that looked like it was in stock, and when you selected to go to checkout from your cart it would come up with a screen listing which ones were out of stock for your zip code. Each morning I had a handful of titles I'd type in, add to my cart (if I could) and then see what was in stock. Usually nothing was in stock.

Well, this morning Jak & Daxter: The Precusor Legacy, Crash Nitro Kart, and 1 other on my list showed up at this screen as available, so I got excited. I went all the way to the last screen where everything was shown in stock, hit Submit, and I'd get an error about how the web site couldn't accept my order for this store, to select a different store (as if I could for "delivery only" items) and try again. After several unsuccessful tries returning to my cart and going through the checkout process again where every item was still listed in stock, I finally called. I found out that Crash Nitro Kart was actually out of stock even though the web site says it is in stock. Like someone else said, all the CC reps can say is "I apologize for your inconvenience" or something like that, but they never can do anything for you.

So I learned that even when you get to the final checkout page and think your items are in stock, they may not be (I figured they had the decency to allocate them to you temporarily at that point so they don't disappear before you can hit Submit). Obviously the web page knows the item is out of stock, but the error message isn't clear. If The Precursor Legacy hadn't been high on my list (I'd like to play the Jak games in order), I wouldn't have paid $5.96 + $1.99 shipping on it.

GunPanther: I feel for ya on that one. I had to contact Circuit City for an order via phone (was trying to get a DDR game) and it was absolutely agonizing. For five years I worked as a customer service/telephone operator (among many other things) for a security company so I am used to trying to decipher a wide range of accents.

but I couldnt understand but every other word this woman said. The phone popped and sounded hollow too, they are likely outsourced to some other country so their first language is anything but English. She did try but I had to spell everything out to her... D-A-N-C-E..... DANCE .... it was an excrutiating experience and one I wont be repeating.

Plus it took forever... about 20 minutes to try and figure out one game and by then it was sold out... lol

fuck Circuit City!

On day 1, I placed an order but realized a mistake in a game selection. So I canceled it and placed a new order (all within a hour). I even received an order cancelation email.

Now they have just charged my credit cards for BOTH orders. WTF! I thought they only charge when the order ships?!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Was it one of those value games with the sticker over the UPC? I haven't seen a copy of Xenosaga in a CC store without a value sticker since January.[/quote]

This was the Greatest Hits version. No UPC sticker over the original UPC. They put the Cool Deals sticker on it though. They probably got more stock in and adjusted the price I guess.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']:rofl: Good job reading the thread before you wasted your precious "45 minutes"[/QUOTE]

Time is money. It's too bad you don't feel that way.

[quote name='spamfree2']This was the Greatest Hits version. No UPC sticker over the original UPC. They put the Cool Deals sticker on it though. They probably got more stock in and adjusted the price I guess.[/quote]
I saw it too. GH version, no UPC sticker, Cool Deals sticker and $14.99 price tag. Brand new condition with no shelf wear at all - leads to me believe it's no leftover from the early clearance. It rang up $9.99 during a Cool Deals sale few weeks ago.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']LMAO at that guys story. He should have read the thread and realized that the best games are long gone.[/QUOTE]

What would you consider a 'best game'?

Another man's trash just might be another man's treasure.

[quote name='cranguy']That's too bad, because we're also out of stock on Sympathy.[/QUOTE]

Oh man....

I really wanted that game too. I just love Sympathy. It's such a kick-ass game. It's okay. I have Sympathy EXTREME Edition and and the follow up title Sympathy Legends.

I have them both for my Playtendo You-Not-Me ZCase that sports 5,000 bits of graphics. w00+!

[quote name='Ubichu']I learned something new about the CC sale today. I realized you could add stuff that looked like it was in stock, and when you selected to go to checkout from your cart it would come up with a screen listing which ones were out of stock for your zip code. Each morning I had a handful of titles I'd type in, add to my cart (if I could) and then see what was in stock. Usually nothing was in stock.

Well, this morning Jak & Daxter: The Precusor Legacy, Crash Nitro Kart, and 1 other on my list showed up at this screen as available, so I got excited. I went all the way to the last screen where everything was shown in stock, hit Submit, and I'd get an error about how the web site couldn't accept my order for this store, to select a different store (as if I could for "delivery only" items) and try again. After several unsuccessful tries returning to my cart and going through the checkout process again where every item was still listed in stock, I finally called. I found out that Crash Nitro Kart was actually out of stock even though the web site says it is in stock. Like someone else said, all the CC reps can say is "I apologize for your inconvenience" or something like that, but they never can do anything for you.

So I learned that even when you get to the final checkout page and think your items are in stock, they may not be (I figured they had the decency to allocate them to you temporarily at that point so they don't disappear before you can hit Submit). Obviously the web page knows the item is out of stock, but the error message isn't clear. If The Precursor Legacy hadn't been high on my list (I'd like to play the Jak games in order), I wouldn't have paid $5.96 + $1.99 shipping on it.[/QUOTE]

I guess that CC can only update their website so many times, which is understandable, but it still is quite a chore when you have to resort to calling their toll free number to try and order what you want.

[quote name='kittycatgirl2k']GunPanther: I feel for ya on that one. I had to contact Circuit City for an order via phone (was trying to get a DDR game) and it was absolutely agonizing. For five years I worked as a customer service/telephone operator (among many other things) for a security company so I am used to trying to decipher a wide range of accents.

but I couldnt understand but every other word this woman said. The phone popped and sounded hollow too, they are likely outsourced to some other country so their first language is anything but English. She did try but I had to spell everything out to her... D-A-N-C-E..... DANCE .... it was an excrutiating experience and one I wont be repeating.

Plus it took forever... about 20 minutes to try and figure out one game and by then it was sold out... lol[/QUOTE]

Thanks for understanding.

That sucks that you also had to go through the same thing, but it still has to do a lot with the operating structure the the telephone operators use. From what I suspect, they're probably browsing the exact same website as us consumers would normally use, especially considering the fact that the operator I was dealing with had asked me for information that was very similar to what you would have indicated in the checkout area webpage. I mean, you could literally have someone else use the website and order items for you, as long as you give them your credit card information, address, etc. .

Plus, having an operator who doesn't really have a good command of the English language won't help the situation any, especially if you're trying to purchase items and you don't have too much time on your hands.

As I stated in my previous message, if the website was working correctly, I would have ordered online, but the damned website kept crashing my browser.

That's definitely the last time I resort to calling an 800 number to order items from CC.

[quote name='GunPanther']*bullshit rant*[/quote]

[quote name='Ubichu']DEY WERENT IN TEH STUCKzZZ dumbass #131[/quote]

reeding.jpg

Seriously, how many fucking times do I need to say it? Read the fucking first post you dumb shits.

bread's done
Back