Too Human - Gen. Discussion & Info

When I last played this game it would lock up a lot does it still lock up as bad as when it first came out? I might have to log onto it and play come co op. Only issue with coop in the past was I would get kicked by people just doing it to get the extra xp.

[quote name='sendme']When I last played this game it would lock up a lot does it still lock up as bad as when it first came out? I might have to log onto it and play come co op. Only issue with coop in the past was I would get kicked by people just doing it to get the extra xp.[/QUOTE]

Bought this a few weeks ago, haven't had it lock up on me yet (almost done with my first playthrough). Not a great game but quite a bit of fun for what it is. Story is pretty cool to boot. Worth the $10 I spent on it

[quote name='sendme']When I last played this game it would lock up a lot does it still lock up as bad as when it first came out? I might have to log onto it and play come co op. Only issue with coop in the past was I would get kicked by people just doing it to get the extra xp.[/QUOTE]

Second level by any chance?

I'm on the fence about buying this and I was hoping someone will push me over the edge one way or another. I played the demo and I liked it well enough, but with my game budget running almost on E, I wanted to get some input. Help me out CAGs!

[quote name='ninju D']I'm on the fence about buying this and I was hoping someone will push me over the edge one way or another. I played the demo and I liked it well enough, but with my game budget running almost on E, I wanted to get some input. Help me out CAGs![/quote]

I really enjoyed it, to be honest. I haven't played in a while, but I poured a fair amount of time into it. How is coop these days? Do any CAGs still play online?

I found the story interesting, and I could kinda manage the befuddled controls, but the brutally unfair/cheap AI combined with the unskippable death animation drove me insane. I might have been able to zerg though 50 enemies that all hit you at the same time for 50% of your life (yea, that's 2500% of your life right there) if you could skip the animation... but for 20 seconds of death, followed by 20 seconds of walking back to your body, ending with 3 seconds of trying to hit as many enemies before you die just isn't fun.
[quote name='ninju D']I'm on the fence about buying this and I was hoping someone will push me over the edge one way or another. I played the demo and I liked it well enough, but with my game budget running almost on E, I wanted to get some input. Help me out CAGs![/quote]

Whatever happened to the DLC that seemed to be right around the corner?

I did enjoy this game. I think those who were expecting a Diablo clone were very disappointed, and those expecting a God of War clone were disappointed.
It is sort of a mix of both of those games, but doesn't do either one particularly well.

Unless the dlc was free and included a death scene skip I'd probably rather slit my wrists...

[quote name='Kayden']I found the story interesting, and I could kinda manage the befuddled controls, but the brutally unfair/cheap AI combined with the unskippable death animation drove me insane. I might have been able to zerg though 50 enemies that all hit you at the same time for 50% of your life (yea, that's 2500% of your life right there) if you could skip the animation... but for 20 seconds of death, followed by 20 seconds of walking back to your body, ending with 3 seconds of trying to hit as many enemies before you die just isn't fun.[/quote]

The only way I can recommend this game is if you can play Co-op, otherwise... pass. BTW, wanna buy mine? xD

I jumped on the $12 buy.com sale for Too Human a few weeks ago and finally popped it in last night. WTF is this mess? Maybe I was a little tired and I only played for about 45 minutes but not one second of it was even remotely fun. I have no idea what is going on and the combat seems random (and stupid). Is this game really that bad or does it take a while to get into it?

A lot of people on here liked it, but I hated it. I didn't just hate it, I hated it. So much so that I couldn't stomach paying $9.99 for it during the Best Buy sale. $4.99, maybe, but this game is complete garbage.

If they had a camera you could actually control, I think I would've liked it a lot better.

If you bought it without the intention of playing it co-op you're pretty much going to hate it. Even in co-op there are things that get really irritating.

At least you didn't pay $35 for it...

I hated the demo, but I got used to the combat while playing. I was enjoying it for awhile. Unforunately I chose a melee class and that class is completely broken at higher levels. You have to spend more time going to the shop than actually playing if you don't want your equipment to break.

Too Human is one of the few reasons I still turn on my 360 for gaming as opposed to my PC. The game is like PSO/U with a different style and different combat. I really wish it had a lobby system and 4 player co-op though.

I personally give the game an 8.5/10, but then again this game is pretty love it or hate it. I

As you can see OP, the reviews of this game are wildly erratic. Some loathe it while others love it. Personally, I liked it. I bought it during a TRU sale for $24.99 about a week after it came out and I really enjoyed it. My buddy paid $60 for it day 1 and can't get enough of it. I don't know what it is about the game, but it polarizes the community lol.

I liked it but expected a lot more. Online is where this game is better only hope you can actually get someone that is willing to play and not there to just level.

I recently bought it for $10, which is the right price point for this game IMO.

Controls, camera, and endgame are the three big issues for me.

The controls blow, and really seem broken no matter how well used to them you are. The camera is by far,the worst part. Loot is great, but when there's no extra bosses besides the 4 (that I know of) what's the point?

Meh the demo was enough to get me feelin' the Shaq Fu-ness. Too repetitive, and as your powers and levels increase the enemies' levels/powers match yours always, so it feels kinda worthless as you level up.

Absolutely the most frustrating game I've played on the 360. Apart from the clunky controls and horrendous camera angles, what really got to me was the mothefucking fairy or whatever that fucking bitch was that descended from the skies and picked you up every time you die.. and you die a lot.. and the goddamn cutsceen isn't skippable!! There you are pissed as hell for dying for the 100th bloody time and then this cutsceen shows up every fucking time that takes wht seems like forever... God My blood boils even thinking about those few hrs I put into this sorry excuse for a game!!

[quote name='destinywaste']Absolutely the most frustrating game I've played on the 360. Apart from the clunky controls and horrendous camera angles, what really got to me was the mothefucking fairy or whatever that fucking bitch was that descended from the skies and picked you up every time you die.. and you die a lot.. and the goddamn cutsceen isn't skippable!! There you are pissed as hell for dying for the 100th bloody time and then this cutsceen shows up every fucking time that takes wht seems like forever... God My blood boils even thinking about those few hrs I put into this sorry excuse for a game!![/QUOTE]

While the Valkyrie is annoying, it's what I imagine was the developers way of saying "You thought dying had no negative effects? THINK AGAIN BITCH!"...

Well, maybe not quite that but my point stands that you should try not to die. If you're dying that much, play the defender or get a bio engineer guy or something.

[quote name='Tigresa']Meh the demo was enough to get me feelin' the Shaq Fu-ness. Too repetitive, and as your powers and levels increase the enemies' levels/powers match yours always, so it feels kinda worthless as you level up.[/QUOTE]

It's mostly about your gear. If you don't hunt for the good stuff and just rely on basic drops, you will always be matched but once you get some epic gear and runes you will be a cut above the enemies.

Loved the demo, hated the game. Once you get to a point where there are enemies that slow you down, explode and do damage over time or poison you, death is inevitable. You get health drops at times when you don't need them, and can't get one at time when you do need one. The boss battle in Hel is an exercise in frustration and tedium.

I liked the two stick combat and the story, but the game is a mess.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Loved the demo, hated the game. Once you get to a point where there are enemies that slow you down, explode and do damage over time or poison you, death is inevitable. You get health drops at times when you don't need them, and can't get one at time when you do need one. The boss battle in Hel is an exercise in frustration and tedium.

I liked the two stick combat and the story, but the game is a mess.[/QUOTE]

The polar enemies are definitely the pinnacle of annoyance. Especially the polar trolls :bomb:

i bought it during the buy.com sale as well, also just recently got around to playing it, (tried both single player and co-op) i really liked the game for about an hour or two(i played it for like 7 hours total), but then the game just started to get boring and old, so i traded it to a fellow cag for infinite undiscovery.

I was one of the people that really liked it (which I'm glad because I traded in a few games and dropped like $40 on it originally). The combat is definitely repetitive but for some reason I just really liked it. I found it fun playing co-op and trying to get all the special weapons and armor. In fact come Friday I'm probably going to re-buy it for $10 through ExpertZone.

Edit: I totally forgot about the polar enemies. I wanted to fucking shoot myself. There are undoubtedly very frustrating enemies in the game, and not in a "oh this is a good challenge" as in "oh this shit is broken".

[quote name='javeryh']I jumped on the $12 buy.com sale for Too Human a few weeks ago and finally popped it in last night. WTF is this mess? Maybe I was a little tired and I only played for about 45 minutes but not one second of it was even remotely fun. I have no idea what is going on and the combat seems random (and stupid). Is this game really that bad or does it take a while to get into it?[/quote]

Just like Army of Two, people enjoyed both games at the $10 price but I couldn't stand either or. I think Army of Two was probably the worst game I bought for the 360 ever...

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']i bought it during the buy.com sale as well, also just recently got around to playing it, (tried both single player and co-op) i really liked the game for about an hour or two(i played it for like 7 hours total), but then the game just started to get boring and old, so i traded it to a fellow cag for infinite undiscovery.[/QUOTE]

:shock:

So let me get this straight....you traded away Too Human because it was boring for Infinite Undiscovery? Does anyone else see the humor in this? I own IU. I've never played IU. Why? Because I have been told, on countless occasions, that the first two hours of the game are mind numbingly boring. If you thought Too Human was boring, get ready to kill yourself while playing IU :D.

[quote name='Pck21']:shock:

So let me get this straight....you traded away Too Human because it was boring for Infinite Undiscovery? Does anyone else see the humor in this? I own IU. I've never played IU. Why? Because I have been told, on countless occasions, that the first two hours of the game are mind numbingly boring. If you thought Too Human was boring, get ready to kill yourself while playing IU :D.[/quote]

well, i have allready played it at a friends house, and while the first 2 hours are very boring, the game does get better, unlike too human which just got more and more boring imo. i will play a game that is boring at first IF it gets better, but i hate playing a game where it just gets worse, so im glad you found humor in it, but i got to play too human, and didnt like it so i traded it for something i wanted to play.

[quote name='theloserboy']http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/213-Too-Human

yahtzee pretty much sums up all the hate.[/QUOTE]

I hardly trust Yahtzee for quality reviews. He goes off on funny tangents with visuals to aid his insane similes and that's why he's popular. Though because of these tangents he often doesn't focus on all the elements, honing in on a few things. That's not to say I don't like him, it's to say he'd make a better comedian or talk show host then a video game reviewer.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I hardly trust Yahtzee for quality reviews. He goes off on funny tangents with visuals to aid his insane similes and that's why he's popular. Though because of these tangents he often doesn't focus on all the elements, honing in on a few things. That's not to say I don't like him, it's to say he'd make a better comedian or talk show host then a video game reviewer.[/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more. He's not the guy to go to if you're on the fence about buying a game, but he is the guy to go to if you want to find out all the little annoyances a game have or if you just want some really far-gone metaphors.

I really like the game, but the fact that health drops are so random and you can't save them annoys me to no end. I can't count how many times I was poisoned or slowed and poisoned and ended up with a cheap death. You can try to roll around to slow the poison, but that is really stupid. Every class should have a reliable way of healing, especially since there is only two player co-op and the bio engineer still has to fight to cast heals.

Overall, I really like it but the frustrating parts are REALLY frustrating.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']well, i have allready played it at a friends house, and while the first 2 hours are very boring, the game does get better, unlike too human which just got more and more boring imo. i will play a game that is boring at first IF it gets better, but i hate playing a game where it just gets worse, so im glad you found humor in it, but i got to play too human, and didnt like it so i traded it for something i wanted to play.[/QUOTE]

I'm just giving you a hard time ;). I thought it was funny that Too Human bored you so you traded it for IU, a game notorious for it's boring beginning :lol:.

Like I said before, the game is certainly not for everyone. I'm not criticizing your decision at all. Actually I think that it was a good trade for both parties. Too Human is such a niche game that it's not even funny anymore. It polarizes the gaming community into two parts: the love it crowd and the hate it crowd. I guess I just find humor in stuff like that.

I was thinking about opening IU recently (have it in the backlog) but I can't bring myself to allocate that much time to a game right now. Hopefully this summer it will get some play time but we'll see.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I hardly trust Yahtzee for quality reviews. He goes off on funny tangents with visuals to aid his insane similes and that's why he's popular. Though because of these tangents he often doesn't focus on all the elements, honing in on a few things. That's not to say I don't like him, it's to say he'd make a better comedian or talk show host then a video game reviewer.[/quote]

Generally yes, but after watching his review it pretty much is dead one. I like Too Human despite its flaws, but he really hits the nail on the head with his review.

I'm nearing the end of this game but I'm looking to co-op it for at least a little while before throwing it on Goozex.

I'm throwing in the towel on this one, the bugs and low framerates are too much for me. I would be down for a sequel if they fixed all that and fine tuned the gameplay.

So has anyone heard anything about whether they are still going ahead with a sequel for this game or not? I'm somewhat interested in giving the game a go , but I hate playing games with major stories that never see conclusions (like Advent Rising).

[quote name='StarKnightX']So has anyone heard anything about whether they are still going ahead with a sequel for this game [/QUOTE]

ten years...

Ugh! I'm at 94% and I don't think..... I...... can....

I don't usually give up on a game this close to the end but I'm about ready to scratch this one off my list. I had fun for about the first 75%. But the dying and the timeouts between dying are just too much. I hate it when developers feel the need to punish gamers. Over and over I keep asking myself "and this is fun...how?" So I must revert to my #1 rule of gaming: If it ain't fun don't do it.

Edit: Went back and finished it. I can see now how I could have made things easier by
respec-ing the skill tree and salvaging gear I didn't need to buy the most powerful stuff I could afford. In the end I
bought the best armor I could afford and was mostly using the rifle with quick reload runes and walking in circular motion around the swarms. I still died some but made headway.
. Now I like the game again.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the end really sucked, they had those fat guys flying around that do that undodgable attack and tons of polarized enemies but you need those cheesemints man.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']Game is so boring, I have yet to beat it. :/[/QUOTE]
I could not stand the first ten minutes of the demo...much less get 1000/1000 achievements on the damn thing..I would rather enjoy my time in front of my 360..lol You should put it away and play something else...because at this point I just feel bad for people that paid money for this game.

True....its just funny to see a post about this mediocre game get brought back from the dead. That and this game is pretty terrible. Maybe the "over-hype" it got killed it for me?

bread's done
Back