Too Human - Gen. Discussion & Info

I just beat the game at lvl 38 Champion, man this game is awesome, and will be running through it again as a zerker..

Anybody want the special Per-order armor? I have an extra code, first one to PM me get its

EDIT: Pre-order armor went to SilverSC01

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Callandor']Dear god, defenders own. :D[/quote]Truth.

I'm finally near the end of the single player campaign (all my playing has been on Co-Op, really) and I'm enjoying the story/cinematics/cutscenes for the most part. Hopefully I get that damn well achievement on this playthrough, since you can't get them aside from single player.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Truth.

I'm finally near the end of the single player campaign (all my playing has been on Co-Op, really) and I'm enjoying the story/cinematics/cutscenes for the most part. Hopefully I get that damn well achievement on this playthrough, since you can't get them aside from single player.[/QUOTE]

One thing to note is that there are wells within the Great Tree in Aesir. The only ones I believe I forget to activate with my Berzerker were the last two (after the Serpent and after Helheim, but before you go to the feasting hall for the last cinematic) and I didn't get the well achievement, so those probably count. Or I missed some in a stage.

I'll finish my Defender campaign eventually, so no rush.

[quote name='SoulReaver']So whats everyone's opinion? Whats the game worth, price-wise?[/quote]

ohhh yes, this game rocks, I was worried after the reviews, but I gave it a try and boy its great, I put in in 22 hours in 2 days

[quote name='SoulReaver']So whats everyone's opinion? Whats the game worth, price-wise?[/quote]
There aren't many games that I feel are worth $60. That said, I have put in ~38 hours since Wednesday. I feel this game was totally worth my $60.

I'm certainly getting my money's worth. I've put in less time than others in the thread so far (I'm only level 14), but I'm having a blast... and the settings, atmosphere and Viking mythology are just plain cool.

The reviewers were overly harsh, I think... it's not perfect, but no game is. :)

[quote name='Callandor']One thing to note is that there are wells within the Great Tree in Aesir. The only ones I believe I forget to activate with my Berzerker were the last two (after the Serpent and after Helheim, but before you go to the feasting hall for the last cinematic) and I didn't get the well achievement, so those probably count. Or I missed some in a stage.

I'll finish my Defender campaign eventually, so no rush.[/quote]

No u dont need to play single player to get the well ach.

Theres 18 in all.. the ones in world tree dont count -_-V

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']No u dont need to play single player to get the well ach.

Theres 18 in all.. the ones in world tree dont count -_-V[/quote]
Oh well, either way I got done with the story and got the well achievement.

I was also able to get my level 50 Berserker's Attack Damage up to 2888 and his Total Armor to 2056 :cool:

[quote name='Callandor']sendme: I sent you a request.

Started a cybernetic defender. Dear god, defenders own. :D[/QUOTE]

I got your request. I should be on sometime later today. I still want to get the online achievement so maybe we can work on that one when whe are playing. Every time I try to get it online the other player isn't really helping much. They tend to just kill the troll by shooting it.

[quote name='sendme']I got your request. I should be on sometime later today. I still want to get the online achievement so maybe we can work on that one when whe are playing. Every time I try to get it online the other player isn't really helping much. They tend to just kill the troll by shooting it.[/QUOTE]

I'll try to hop on sometime after 5pm central today, after I get home from work.

World Serpent with my berzerker, perhaps? Or Hall of Heroes with my Defender? Don't really feel like Ice Forest or Helheim right now.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']I never get my questions answered :whistle2:( can u guys see me lol[/QUOTE]

Don't know what the best human character is, but a human berzerker is quite fun. A little lacking in defense, yeah, but the attack speed as the combo meter goes up is insane. Just don't get surrounded by a mob and have a good rifle/fierce attacks for polarity bastards and you should be fine.

So what are your guys favorite level? I just ran through hall of heroes and ice forest for the fourth time on co op and the ice forest gets funner ever time i play it. When i played it on single player the first time through it was horrendously long. Id say hall of heroes is my favorite though.

[quote name='SoulReaver']So whats everyone's opinion? Whats the game worth, price-wise?[/QUOTE]

$20-$30 price range.

I'm enjoying the game, but it has some significant problems. There's a lot of potential here though so I'm hoping that many of this game's issues will be worked out in the sequel. Even with the problems I keep returning to the game.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']Can u respec your alignment? or just ur skills?[/QUOTE]

Only the skill trees. Your alignment is a one-time permanent choice.

I have played the first 10 levels of every class and have to say the berzerker really fun to play. I think I might also end up likeing the Bio Engineer and Defender. The Commando and Champion both felt like I was playing the same thing. Infact all but the Berzerker felt some what the same. The Berzerker just felt faster. However the Commando and Champion felt more so then the others felt some what different but not much. Anyway what classes would be better for cyborg and human? Someone said Cyborg for Bio Engineer already. I would think Cyborg would also fit the Commando. Human seeing how the Berzerker is more combo based would fit it. What about Defender and Champion?

[quote name='sendme']I have played the first 10 levels of every class and have to say the berzerker really fun to play. I think I might also end up likeing the Bio Engineer and Defender. The Commando and Champion both felt like I was playing the same thing. Infact all but the Berzerker felt some what the same. The Berzerker just felt faster. However the Commando and Champion felt more so then the others felt some what different but not much. Anyway what classes would be better for cyborg and human? Someone said Cyborg for Bio Engineer already. I would think Cyborg would also fit the Commando. Human seeing how the Berzerker is more combo based would fit it. What about Defender and Champion?[/quote]I would go Cybernetic for every class except Berserker. You can honestly play him as either alignment, but most prefer the extra combo meters and speed/damage that you can tweak Berserkers with.

These Level 3 Charms are going to be a pain in the ass to complete (for the achievement and because the "+1 All Skills" bonus sounds fantastic). I have four of them so far, and I have to either kill 4000 Goblins, 120 Trolls, 80 Leaders, or 7000 Enemies with a gun :bomb:

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I would go Cybernetic for every class except Berserker. You can honestly play him as either alignment, but most prefer the extra combo meters and speed/damage that you can tweak Berserkers with.

These Level 3 Charms are going to be a pain in the ass to complete (for the achievement and because the "+1 All Skills" bonus sounds fantastic). I have four of them so far, and I have to either kill 4000 Goblins, 120 Trolls, 80 Leaders, or 7000 Enemies with a gun :bomb:[/quote]

I like my cybernetic beseker :booty: im gonna make a human bio or human defender I don't wanna die anymore lol

Well seeing how I liked playing the Berzerker more I'm going to remake it as Human and make a Bio as a Cyborg. I'm only going to keep my champion to get to 50 with unless I get the other two there first.

Do I have a long road ahead of me as a Human Champion? After the Hall of Heroes, I'm lvl 10, Dragon armor minus the vest/chestplate, plasma pistol attack 6, staff attack 46 w/ various runes and charms to boost my attack power.

I went into the Ice Forest and got my ass handed to me in just the first 10 min. I probably died 4 times in that time period. My defense seems to really suck. Should I go back to the Hall of Heroes? Is there even a way to do that?

[quote name='typeRJ']Do I have a long road ahead of me as a Human Champion? After the Hall of Heroes, I'm lvl 10, Dragon armor minus the vest/chestplate, plasma pistol attack 6, staff attack 46 w/ various runes and charms to boost my attack power.

I went into the Ice Forest and got my ass handed to me in just the first 10 min. I probably died 4 times in that time period. My defense seems to really suck. Should I go back to the Hall of Heroes? Is there even a way to do that?[/quote]

The monsters are the same level you are, or a little above. Leveling up only makes the ice forest worse.. trust me -_-V

Single player the ice forest is insane.. theres the giant spiders and elves at the start..

CO op theres no spiders, and the elves only appear in section 4.. not section 1 lol.

I still can not get the Trial of Ascendance achievement. It says Complete a level 1 charm and I do the charm quest and put the symbols that look like a F H and I in my armor and nothing.

Didn't know I had to put the ruins in the charm. The stuff I read said armor. Also DJSteel I'm starting to see some slow down in the game. I would just say it is due to lag however I'm in single player when I see it. At first it would be some what slow when I had a lot on screen but now it is just randomley.

EDIT: I'm also starting to really like the Bio Engineer class. The skill that makes it so your enemies attack eachother works more then I thought it would and I only have 5 points into it. It is funny to see people online keep trying to kill them if they are working for you becaue they don't die. Now if only they would do more then just stand there. Some times they attack the group others just stand in the way.

I have to post this as i just finished a 12.5 hour run through Too Human.

I followed the game on neogaf and bought into the hype it would suck. I tried the demo and i hated it at first, but then by the end of the demo when i had more weapons and items, it got kinda fun. I got the game last night and decided to give it a shot. I put the controller down 12.5 hours later, went through the entire thing in one strait shot and got 590 of the 1000 achievements with a single run through.

I really loved it, the graphics reminded me of Resistance so many times since it has a large scope for the levels, and although the story was ridiculous at first, it got better as it went on, and the voice acting was fantastic. Ive never played a loot game before but this one was really fun. Sometimes the graphics were just outright amazing, sometimes it looked really bad (like n64 textures).

Its more good then bad tho. Glad i gave it a shot and i recommend it to anyone who actually liked the demo, its just more of the same and way funner. It is repetitious but i never once felt like it got old, i also should note that it is only 4 levels long, but 4 super long levels. They better make a sequel, i loved how they ended the game.

Quick impression after playing for 90mins

+ graphic is amazning. A lot better than Mass Effect.
+Story is interesting so far.

-So far I been doing the same thing over and over. A bit repeative.
-the dying animation took too long
-Control isnt as bad as I thought, and I hated the PS2 games that uses the right stiick to attack. Would prefer the tranditional control.
-The camera is just bad.

[quote name='DJSteel']is anyone else game freezing up??[/quote]

I had some lockups that appeared to be Too Human, but then it happened to me on dashboard and playing Bankshot Billiards, so I scoured the forums for some info (since I didn't get a Red Ring on the lockup and it was particularly annoying, because it was happening right when the system would be up for 4 or 5 minutes). My experience was the game would lock up in the Aesir teleport menu, sometimes in the equipment menu (1 lockup each), but usually played fine otherwise.

I came across a "fix" for the hard drive's possible corruption as a culprit in lockups. Go to the memory section of the dashboard, select the drive, (get into the "rename/format" section, IIRC) and hit the following sequence on the controller:

Y (to select the drive), X, X, LB, RB, X

It should bring up a question on the blade "Do you want to perform system maintenance?" (or words to that effect). Say yes and it'll gronk for a few minutes. But after that, I've not had a single lockup in almost a week on my Elite. (Which I attributed to possibly being destined for RRoD.)

YMMV, but it's worth a shot. Joystiq says it clears out all software updates, but I didn't experience that at all. Just a cache flush. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sendme']I still can not get the Trial of Ascendance achievement. It says Complete a level 1 charm and I do the charm quest and put the symbols that look like a F H and I in my armor and nothing.[/quote]

You have to complete the quest and put the runes INTO THE CHARM, not the armor itself -_-V

You do that once for the ach, then 19 more times.

Have fun.. took me a while. Doing the RED CHARMS LEVEL 3 is much worse lol.. then again.. I have two level 3 red charms completed..

Drain health whenever I attack + Absorb damage whenever Im hit = unstoppable commando ^_^

[quote name='jman619']I played the demo, and thought it was decent. Going by the demo is the actual game better? I was thinking about renting it.[/QUOTE]

Others might disagree, but imo, it gets only worse. I loved the demo. I like the controls, have no problem with the camera, and if you know about Norse mythology the story is pretty cool.

But the game balance sucks. Once you start leveling up enemies will scale and then you'll get enemies who attack with status effects, some of these effects cause damage over time and since health is a random drop it leads to a lot of unnessicary deaths and watching the unskippable death animation. There is at least one boss battle towards the end that is just awful. Expect to die a lot from frustrating situations, and having to sit through the animation.

My favorite part of the game was the first level, which is 25% of the game and in the demo. After that it just goes downhill.

OMG, I just picked up three epic charms, all from the obelisks blocked by Nidhogg patches in cyberspace.

Hell, two of them have fairly easy quests (15 secret areas, and 50 mounting kills on trolls). And I nearly have the tier 2 charms finished for one of them! :D The third is kill 120 trolls; I'll probably trade that one away.

As a note, I had +15% loot at the time.

Hey guys, I need 2 completed charms to finish up a level 3 charm before I have to return the game. 1 is a level one and 1 is a level 2. Ive finished both of these on my own a few times but keep putting them into the wrong things and have lost my patience. The two I need are a completed up arrow and a completed level two weird diagonal S thing. For gods sake some help.

I still have yet to have a level 3 charm drop however I'm only level 41 so that might be it. The rooms that have the red egg shape above the door can you go in them? Also anyone else missing some of the videos when you go to the cinema? I'm missing 2 and don't know from where.

I just took my second copy back to Gamestop to get another copy because of the damn freezing. Hopefully that is all over with.. I might have to delete my game files and restart.

I'm guessing it is just a bug in the game. Mine slows down alot in the later levels and at times the controller does not even work in game. I can press the guid button and that is it. It even does it with fully charged batteries. If this game had more to do for multiplayer and got better reviews then it did I would expect to see a patch soon to fix all this. However as of now I don't. If they were to add a few more levels and make them for a 4 player co-op this game would be great.

Also I almost beat level 2 with out dieing. I had only one death with my BE and had the last attack actually done damage I would have not died. I was pissed. The BE seems to really get better the closer to 50 I get. I'm wondering now how good it will be if I ever get a full set of the level 50 cyborg gear for it.

[quote name='sendme']I still have yet to have a level 3 charm drop however I'm only level 41 so that might be it. The rooms that have the red egg shape above the door can you go in them? Also anyone else missing some of the videos when you go to the cinema? I'm missing 2 and don't know from where.[/QUOTE]

Max out your +loot drop and try the obelisks closed off by Nidhogg patches. It worked for me thrice in an hour.

Also got my first elite piece (helm) for my defender off Grendel. Only 6 more to go! :D

game froze on me twice.. I love the game.. but until I can play the game without it freezing on me.. it might just be used as trade fodder... it's probably the game (not the physical disk, but the game) not my system.. I've played 2 hours of castle crashers between the freeze ups..

I really don't want to max out my loot drop because then most or all of my gear would be shit. I guess i could have gear just for that and when I get to one change it then just change it back. I'm at 1500-1900 total armor on my BE and dont want to lower that unless I have to.

Well, I now have FOUR epic charms. Completed the first one (+1 all skills and randomly, but fairly often, drops puddles of poison when I get hit; great for a defender! :D), working on the second (50 Mounted Troll Kills, has +1 all skills and randomly make enemies vulnerable to critical strikes when they're hit), and now have two to give/trade away!

The quests on the two I don't want are Kill 120 Trolls and Collect 400 Blueprints (this one also has the poison puddles). If anyone wants one, I'm looking for a couple of tier 1 and 2 charms, don't care if they're complete or not.

[quote name='DJSteel']game froze on me twice.. I love the game.. but until I can play the game without it freezing on me.. it might just be used as trade fodder... it's probably the game (not the physical disk, but the game) not my system.. I've played 2 hours of castle crashers between the freeze ups..[/quote]

that doesn't sound good. Mine started freezing on me a week before it died... Too Human was the big game I was playing, but I could seemingly get in more time on an XBLA game (I don't remember it freezing up on those until right before death.)

So, I'd be wary of freezes. My new replacement is playing Too Human fine and dandy... not a lockup in almost 12 hours of gameplay (according to the clock on my defender's character sheet. 82% done and I'm getting my TUSH handed to me in Helheim. There are TOO many of those bloated, fat guys on hovercrafts resurrecting everything... EEESH my death count must be 180 by now... AAAGH.)

Anyway... just something to look out for... (I had a Zephyr Elite... the old 203 watt with the new heatsink too... not a falcon like my new arcade system.)

bread's done
Back