Too Human - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't think I get what the charms are all about. I've completed a few, collected and inserted the runes, and completed the attached quest, so what happens after that?[/quote]

Now im not sure but i know you put completed lvl one charms into lvl two charms but i havent completed a level three one yet so im not sure what to do after that.

Here is what it says on mycheats: Runes & Charms: These small items can be attached to your character for small, extra boosts in strength. Charms are more situational upgrades that have little miniature quests/achievements attached. Fill the quest's requirements (usually killing a certain number of enemies a certain way) and you can get the Charm's bonus, which is usually a reward of equipment. Later, you'll pick up Charms of a higher level that will usually need a few weaker Charms to fully grow. It's best to equip Charms ASAP and work towards building them up early and often. Runes are inserted in equipment with empty Rune slots (they will say as much in their stats). The equipment is labeled with funny names, but those names are from their inherent Runes. Collecting unattached Runes like "Blight," "Plasma," "The Maiden," and so on will add small boosts in their associated stats, such as increased armor strength from "The Maiden." If you find yourself relying on a certain weapon or piece of armor that just happens to have a Rune slot, it won't hurt to slot in an extra Rune. Runes can also affect the items' colors when attached, further customizing your character's look.

It's my understanding, frisky, that charms will work once you complete their tasks.

The runes you put in them are just for an extra bonus.

So...who wants to hear how stupid I am? :dunce:

I'm a Berzerker right? I thought that just meant really good at melee...but I didn't realize how much BETTER it was to use two swords.

Yes...I didn't figure this out until the 3rd stage :whistle2:#

I wonder what the best gun/melee combos are for all the classes...

[quote name='seanr1221']So...who wants to hear how stupid I am? :dunce:

I'm a Berzerker right? I thought that just meant really good at melee...but I didn't realize how much BETTER it was to use two swords.

Yes...I didn't figure this out until the 3rd stage :whistle2:#

I wonder what the best gun/melee combos are for all the classes...[/quote]I thought the Berserker would be my favorite, but in reality he's awful when it comes to the higher levels. The low HP is detrimental when you get surrounded.

[quote name='zewone']Power leveling does not work.

Warping to the last stage to fight the last boss to get an achievement does not work.[/quote]

Nope, they really thought of everything lol.

Ive got 2/4 of the beating levels without dying..first and the last.

I beat level 3 without dying, but it didnt unlock.. pissed me off.

almost debating not playing it again becuase of it.

Disappointed you cant repair armor online, only weapons, but in single player you can repair both..

crap.

When you beat level 3 did you end up saveing or quiting the game at some point in the level? From what someone posted on xbox360achievements.org you have to play it in one sitting. I thought I migh tbe able to get it for the first one but got a DRE so no chance in me getting it and both times I played the first level I got a DRE.

Also from what the guid says you only get some skills if your human? I was thinking about for the Commando going Cybernetic however from what the guid shows I wong get Helm Reddener. It is the second skill at the top you get. Anyone know what class would be better to go cybernetic?

I had this pre-ordered at GS and never picked it up I might pick it up at TRU if they still have a copy left. My question is how important was that armor you got for free if you pre-ordered the game?

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I thought the Berserker would be my favorite, but in reality he's awful when it comes to the higher levels. The low HP is detrimental when you get surrounded.[/QUOTE]

Basically I run in, get off a few quick attacks (I'm a cyborg, so I'm slower but stronger), roll to the side, then dash in again. I can take down a troll in 2 hits, and those spider dark elves in 3. Since I put on dual swords I haven't had too much trouble.

Not sure who I'll create next. But are there certain weapons that work better for certain classes?

[quote name='sendme']When you beat level 3 did you end up saveing or quiting the game at some point in the level? From what someone posted on xbox360achievements.org you have to play it in one sitting. I thought I migh tbe able to get it for the first one but got a DRE so no chance in me getting it and both times I played the first level I got a DRE.

Also from what the guid says you only get some skills if your human? I was thinking about for the Commando going Cybernetic however from what the guid shows I wong get Helm Reddener. It is the second skill at the top you get. Anyone know what class would be better to go cybernetic?[/QUOTE]

I would THINK a commangdo and cybernetic would go hand in hand. Wouldn't a commando with a cannon be great?

[quote name='ajh2298']I had this pre-ordered at GS and never picked it up I might pick it up at TRU if they still have a copy left. My question is how important was that armor you got for free if you pre-ordered the game?[/QUOTE]

It's good up until about level 10.

Anyone who has gone back to previous levels notice that some parts of the level were different? I could swear the bridge in 1-2 had just some barriers on it, but when I went back at level 10 the barriers had turned into a small maze.

[quote name='sendme']When you beat level 3 did you end up saveing or quiting the game at some point in the level? From what someone posted on xbox360achievements.org you have to play it in one sitting. I thought I migh tbe able to get it for the first one but got a DRE so no chance in me getting it and both times I played the first level I got a DRE.

Also from what the guid says you only get some skills if your human? I was thinking about for the Commando going Cybernetic however from what the guid shows I wong get Helm Reddener. It is the second skill at the top you get. Anyone know what class would be better to go cybernetic?[/quote]

Commando should go cybernetic to be honest.

Yes i did it in one sitting. no idea why it didnt unlock. Dont care, Im still 5k kills away from 20k, and a bunch of other achievements left to do, so its not a big deal.

The cybernetic path gives you increased slug range, increased ammo, and a bunch of other insanely good skills.. Id recommend it.

[quote name='zewone']You can repair armor online. You just have to go to the center of the armor store and press A.[/quote]

Theres only a weapon store, no armor store..

Where exactly is this "armor Store" online?

[quote name='zewone']There is an armor store.

It's directly opposite of the weapon store.

It has a crutch and syringe logo.[/quote]

Lmao. Thanks, never found it before.

Level 50

Armor - 2088 total

Weapons - 2200 per hit some weird sword

Cannon - 400 per hit of a slug

Insane weapons you can get once you hit level 50..

Sadly 50 is as high as you can go. which is stupid.

Beat this last night. About 12 hours, level 29.
Garm is a cheap bitch. :bomb:
I didn't really see the lack of story that a lot of reviews were complaining about. There really was a nice progression of characters and events that built up to all the craziness. And the final shot
of Loki and the Giant!!!
has me utterly hyped for part two.

Also, I think some of the achievements are buggy. There are secret ones for clearing each level without dying. I just managed that on a post-game playthrough of hall of heroes, and I didn't get the achievement... :cry:

Anyway, I'm up for coop now pretty much any night or weekend (generally not too late, as I now work at 8am every weekday). I've only got a lvl 30 Berzerker so far, but I'd like to play around with the other classes. So if anyone wanted to do coop for new characters, I'd be up for that. Or existing characters.

Just send a friend request if you're interested.

To get the one for not dying you have to beat the level and not stop. So you can't save it or just shut the system down.

After ~50 hours with this game, I have:

Level 50 Berserker (Human)
Level 16 Commando (Cybernetic)
Level 34 Defender (Cybernetic)
Level 15 Champion (Cybernetic)

I'd have to say the Defender has been my favorite so far, with the Commando a very close second. I noticed today when I got an elite helmet for my Defender that it looked the same as the one on the character select screen - so maybe those armor sets displayed on the character select screen are indeed that class' elite set?

How does leveling with characters that differ greatly in levels work? When I started playing with Music in coop I had played for around an hour and a half to two hours solo and had gotten to level 10 already and he was a 1 and by the time I hit level 12 he was level 10, I think. This would be useful for speeding up the jack of all trades achievement.

Also, I beat the game without ever noticing the secondary, cybernetic/human skill tree. :dunce:

Luckily you can reassign points for a small fee.

[quote name='seanr1221']Which class did you use to beat the levels without dying?[/quote]I beat most of Ice Forest by myself with the Champion (but saved and quit - which looks like I won't get the achievement now), but I would advise doing Co-Op and at least one person being the BioEngineer and max out those heal abilities. I'd say the Defender or Champion is a solid choice for those level achievements. The Commando and Berserker are good, but the low HP on both suck when you get to Hellheim.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I beat most of Ice Forest by myself with the Champion (but saved and quit - which looks like I won't get the achievement now), but I would advise doing Co-Op and at least one person being the BioEngineer and max out those heal abilities. I'd say the Defender or Champion is a solid choice for those level achievements. The Commando and Berserker are good, but the low HP on both suck when you get to Hellheim.[/quote]

Commando can end up with more defense/armor/skill path if used properly... :)

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I beat most of Ice Forest by myself with the Champion (but saved and quit - which looks like I won't get the achievement now), but I would advise doing Co-Op and at least one person being the BioEngineer and max out those heal abilities. I'd say the Defender or Champion is a solid choice for those level achievements. The Commando and Berserker are good, but the low HP on both suck when you get to Hellheim.[/QUOTE]

Only thing is at max the one heal that you start with only does .8% regen. Not sure about the others. From what I got from the guid is that the healing is not as great as you would think I just started one and I'm only at around level 3. I should be on some time the next 3 days if people want to play. gamer tag is shazo.

Bio Engineer's many healing abilities (battle cry, spider, regeneration) are all very effective, especially for the Unstoppable achievement.

That's why I have all of them. :cool:

[quote name='Mojimbo']On the regular skill tree menu press left or right trigger. :dunce:[/quote]

wow, Im level 34 and I did noit know that, thanks

[quote name='seanr1221']Did you go human or cyborg for your bio-engineer, zew?[/QUOTE]

Cyborg of course.

The more to the left of the character select screen the class is, you should choose Human.

The more to the right, you should choose Cyborg.

[quote name='sendme']To get the one for not dying you have to beat the level and not stop. So you can't save it or just shut the system down.[/QUOTE]

Started at the beginning, didn't leave, didn't save and quit, didn't stop. :cry:

Oh well. I'll get 'em eventually.

Did you use the warp/teleport to feature to jump to 1-1 or whatever or did you do it through the natural story progression?

[quote name='a_bleak_tomorrow']Now im not sure but i know you put completed lvl one charms into lvl two charms but i havent completed a level three one yet so im not sure what to do after that.

Here is what it says on mycheats: Runes & Charms: These small items can be attached to your character for small, extra boosts in strength. Charms are more situational upgrades that have little miniature quests/achievements attached. Fill the quest's requirements (usually killing a certain number of enemies a certain way) and you can get the Charm's bonus, which is usually a reward of equipment. Later, you'll pick up Charms of a higher level that will usually need a few weaker Charms to fully grow. It's best to equip Charms ASAP and work towards building them up early and often. Runes are inserted in equipment with empty Rune slots (they will say as much in their stats). The equipment is labeled with funny names, but those names are from their inherent Runes. Collecting unattached Runes like "Blight," "Plasma," "The Maiden," and so on will add small boosts in their associated stats, such as increased armor strength from "The Maiden." If you find yourself relying on a certain weapon or piece of armor that just happens to have a Rune slot, it won't hurt to slot in an extra Rune. Runes can also affect the items' colors when attached, further customizing your character's look.[/quote]
Thanks. I read a bit more of the MyCheats guide and it doesn't really explain much about the armor or weapon you're supposed to get from completed charms, so I can't tell which ones it gave me.

Dang, I thought charms only rewarded you with a combat modifier type thing.

---

toohuman_comm.jpg

Level 40ish Commando.

I need some better pants/boots and a chest piece that doesn't look like garbage. I like the Mega Man gauntlets.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Did you use the warp/teleport to feature to jump to 1-1 or whatever or did you do it through the natural story progression?[/QUOTE]

Jumped to 1-1. So it has to be natural story progression?

[quote name='zewone']Bio Engineer's many healing abilities (battle cry, spider, regeneration) are all very effective Xecutioner is the best Co-Op partner to have on this game, especially for the Unstoppable achievement.

That's why I have all of them. :cool:[/quote]:cool:

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Im not sure if the elite armor is a blueprint you need to construct, or its just random armor found.

Im only level 32.. Ill find out once I hit level 50.. people on gfaqs have been saying that the armor pops up around 40.[/quote]

I assume you can trade armor weapons etc right?

btw this game is hot i dunno what all the hub bub is about it being so bad its crack I been playing alot just got my beserk cyb to 30 achivements been poping like crazy

[quote name='seanr1221']Wish I had known that before making my zerker a cyborg :cool:[/quote]

Actually human gives you more combos I think doesnt it? So its better for berserkers to go Human rather than Cyborg. Cyborg just gives more health and the ability to use cannons, which berserkers suck with anyways lol

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Actually human gives you more combos I think doesnt it? So its better for berserkers to go Human rather than Cyborg. Cyborg just gives more health and the ability to use cannons, which berserkers suck with anyways lol[/quote]

thanks for pissing in my cheerios!

Whats the best class ? I think im gonna make a champion next or maybe the defender (heals right?) for when I go thru on Human for the achivement.

Imma be online send me a friend request if u wanna play

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got to level 9 with my bio-engineer and picked cyborg. Don't know why but out of the 3 that I have played to atleast level 10 all seem the same. Not much really seems different from one to one other then the bio-engineer with the healing. Think I'm going to play all to level 10 and get my champion to level 50 seeing how it is at 26 already and get what achievements I can and then as of now I might go with the bio-engineer.

I got online and started to play but the other player was a level 36 when I'm at level 2 and all they did was run around the city. We never even got on the ship to go to the level. I ended up just exiting and playing solo. So if anyone wants to add me to their friends list and group some time I would like that. GT is shazo.

bread's done
Back