Too Human - Gen. Discussion & Info

The new trailer was pretty neat, saw it for the first time last night. Loved the concept of it but the graphics seriously need to improve, not sure if it was just a low quality video that was made to show up as HD, but the colors were really saturated and it made it look old and sorta blurry. The game has a lot of promise but it seems like they are still no where with this. I have a feeling we might not see it at all, or it will end up as a rushed POS. I really do hope that whatever needs to be done to get this game done right is done ASAP.

is it me or did they take the video off the marketplace yesterday? i saw it the night before but i was downloading other stuff so i didn't bother to queue it, but when i tried to get it again i couldn't find it.

It's amusing how Dennis fucked up again. He was whining before about how his first E3 debut garnered crappy impressions. But he said it was a mistake and it gets better.

come E3 this year they release a crappy trailer on marketplace with De-synced sound....

I was hyped about this game at first, now it just looks like a pile of crap. I hope it turns out well, but things aren't lookin good.

Perhaps its just not the type of game that works well as a demo/trailer. I'm assuming they're trying not to give away too much of the story, otherwise that should be the focus of the trailers if the gameplay isn't done yet.

The game looks like it could be gorgeous when it's done, it looks great by my standards already. I think the issue linkinprime noted was in the compression of the video, I saw a lot of banding and other compression-related video problems in the background colors. Given the obvious sound-sync error, I wouldn't be surprised. I thought it ended rather stupidly and abrupt. If you hadn't heard of the game previously you'd have no clue what the fuck just happened or what it meant.

The main character's facial expressions didn't seem to react much - he looked static and stale. Not in a creepy way but in a "is it a robot?" way. I could go on but since 2008 is so far away I'll reserve further judgement until I see/try gameplay.

the game looks ok in screenshots, but ass in motion. Guns still sound like pea shooters and swords sound like wooden sticks. Fighting badguys is like attacking wooden dummies.

Dyack spent so much time bragging about how he worked with Kojima that apparently he forgot to learn from kojima.

[quote name='Zoglog']the game looks ok in screenshots, but ass in motion. Guns still sound like pea shooters and swords sound like wooden sticks. Fighting badguys is like attacking wooden dummies.
[/QUOTE]

Everything about the game is great, but the sound and animation need an overhaul. Fire the sound and animation guys and bring in new people... the atmosphere of the game is working, but man, I feel like it's a little kid with puppets when it's in motion.

To be honest with you, at first I thought this is another one of those set on a futuristic era with neon lights and shitty weapons, but as I kept on watching the newly release footage of the game, I began to like it.

In the interview http://www.gamespot.com/video/928546/6186635/too-human-gdc-2008-demo
they said that the game will have only ONE loading scene....ONE! are in insane? That sounds almost too good to be true(maybe thats why they name the game too human ;) )
Anyway, they instead, replaced the loading scenes with interactive(meaning you can walk, look away, etc...) cinematics or whatever you call it.
Also the game is freeroaming which is I think is always good(look at Mass Effect)
and its not so much as a shooting game, but rather a RPG masquerading as both shooting and adventure....pretty slick imo

Anyway heres some more gameplay vids for your eyes to ponder

http://www.gamespot.com/video/928546/6186603/too-human-gameplay-movie-3

http://www.gamespot.com/video/928546/6186308/too-human-guns-swords-and-bears--gdc-trailer-

http://www.gamespot.com/video/928546/6186306/too-human-not-too-late--gdc-trailer-

http://www.gamespot.com/video/928546/6150870/too-human-gameplay-movie-1

What say you?

I'm really looking forward to this coming out. I have no idea what to expect but I've been hearing about it forever and I like hearing Dennis Dyack talk about the game and his ideas.

After seeing all the latest media for this game, my interest level has shot way up.

This game was intended (I Believe) to come out before even gears, but hit a number of snags not worth mentioning. It was also meant to be just as big of a flagship game for Microsoft as Gears.

I think this could very well end up being an awesome game. Especially if it's as long as they are claiming and have the two sequels coming out relatively quickly (this generation). I'm probably more excited for this game than GTA4.

Actually, this was one of the first games that really got my attention for the 360 way back when. I'm cautiously optimistic for this one now. There's just so much bad press. I'm looking forward to the demo that Dyack promised.

I was curious before but I saw video of the gameplay on X-Play last week and now I'm really pumped. The action looks insane and fun and apparently there is an insane amount of customization options based on what character you choose and how you want to level up. Plus it just looks great. Which is always a plus.

Preorder program announced...get 4 exclusive set of armor. Stores TBD
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W06ajgH0SPg&eurl=http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/[/media]

Just hope Amazon is involved since I already pre-ordered there.

Maybe someone on here can help me out. I watched this badass video like maybe a year and half ago I think I watched it on google video. It was of gameplay of a next gen game and it was like multiplayer. I think they explained it as Psi-Ops but taken to another level. Player were literately flying around and could move/throw objects with their minds around at opponents and still had a bunch of UTesk weapons. It looked badass but I completly forgot the name of the game and when and where I found it.

[quote name='SmokyPreacher']Maybe someone on here can help me out. I watched this badass video like maybe a year and half ago I think I watched it on google video. It was of gameplay of a next gen game and it was like multiplayer. I think they explained it as Psi-Ops but taken to another level. Player were literately flying around and could move/throw objects with their minds around at opponents and still had a bunch of UTesk weapons. It looked badass but I completly forgot the name of the game and when and where I found it.[/quote]

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed ?

[quote name='Maklershed']Star Wars: The Force Unleashed ?[/quote]
No definitely wasn't that. I watched the vid like maybe a year ago and if I remember correctly the graphics had a kind of maybe Gears look to it but wasn't it either.

For what it's worth, it's five sets of armor with the pre-order; one for each class. And yes, stores still TBD.

I thought this game looked kind of crappy at first, but now it's one of my most anticipated games. Really excited for the co-op

Articles about the co-op:

Kotaku
MTV
Penny Arcade

It's a drag that the co-op has no story scenes, but it sounds like a relaxing, social experience. You have unlimited respawns, so you can basically just zone out and grind while voice chatting. Not too shabby. I've decided to pick the game up.

[quote name='eastx']Articles about the co-op:

Kotaku
MTV
Penny Arcade

It's a drag that the co-op has no story scenes, but it sounds like a relaxing, social experience. You have unlimited respawns, so you can basically just zone out and grind while voice chatting. Not too shabby. I've decided to pick the game up.[/QUOTE]

Those previews are actually fairly positive, minus the camera issue. I really just get the impression that much of the heat is coming from people who are expecting Devil May Cry, rather than Diablo.

[quote name='trq']Those previews are actually fairly positive, minus the camera issue. I really just get the impression that much of the heat is coming from people who are expecting Devil May Cry, rather than Diablo.[/quote]

I'm expecting Diablo with a hint of Devil May Cry but even still if it doesn't have that then I'm not going to think the game sucks. If its a real nice dungeon crawler with good gfx ill bite regardless. I loved the baulders gate series and that one that was on the psp and MUA games etc if its anything like that you have my vote.

I dunno, I love Diablo and all but there is something about the watching it that doesn't seem to click for me. I think its the animations, which are kind of sloppy. However, I think this game could be really fun, as long as I can get some of my friends to buy it too.

[quote name='eastx']It's a drag that the co-op has no story scenes, but it sounds like a relaxing, social experience. You have unlimited respawns, so you can basically just zone out and grind while voice chatting. Not too shabby. I've decided to pick the game up.[/quote]

That's sounds exactly like KUF:CoD.

They need to get their ass in gear on getting the demo out there. The only way I'd pay more than $20 for this game is if my wife likes playing it and the latest impressions have me concerned that she's not going to like it.

[quote name='SoulReaver']I dunno, I love Diablo and all but there is something about the watching it that doesn't seem to click for me. I think its the animations, which are kind of sloppy. However, I think this game could be really fun, as long as I can get some of my friends to buy it too.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think they could have saved themselves lots of bad press if they had just replaced the supposedly-intentional "slide" with something like the Diablo III Barbarian's leaping smash. But aside from that, the animation doesn't bother me, and I'm an animation whore above all else.

Yeah the animation has improved alot since their videos from last year...or whenever they showed an early build. I'm actually pretty excited for this game now, it reminds me of some sort of bastard child of god of war and baldurs gate:dark alliance.

[quote name='homeland']JohnnyFoxDarko its just 2 player co-op[/quote]
Dang. Weird, because I just a saw a video online stating it was 4 player co-op. It's at 1:33.
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=lEMeiYScKdU[/media]

This game needs to be good. My world will crash and burn if not. Haven't played a great rpg since.. ... i can't even remember!

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Dang. Weird, because I just a saw a video online stating it was 4 player co-op. [/quote]
It used to be 4 player co-op... but they cut it down to 2 for some reason. They said, 'its too hectic' or something like that with 4 people.

These are the same developers who made the masterpiece Eternal Darkness.. so I have pretty high hopes for this game.

[quote name='evyrew']It used to be 4 player co-op... but they cut it down to 2 for some reason. They said, 'its too hectic' or something like that with 4 people.[/quote]
Hmm. I think it would have been pretty epic with about 3. Oh well.

bread's done
Back