Transformers Movie - DVD & HD DVD Sales Break Records

i watched it. that looks cool.

Welker's doing the games voice but not the movie? thats retarded. i cant think of two different kinds off voices.

been looking at those pics from the first posts, i was skeptical about this film at first but im really excited now.

have they speculated about sequels? theyll have to do at least one 'cause theyll make a killing off this first one.

you guys into the T-FORMERS comics? they kick ass

[quote name='IronMan2020']i watched it. that looks cool.

Welker's doing the games voice but not the movie? thats retarded. i cant think of two different kinds off voices.

been looking at those pics from the first posts, i was skeptical about this film at first but im really excited now.

have they speculated about sequels? theyll have to do at least one 'cause theyll make a killing off this first one.

you guys into the T-FORMERS comics? they kick ass[/QUOTE]

The producers are betting on a strong fan 80's fan based to drive the profits for this movie. It was a smart idea to bring Prime's OVA to voice this one, as it would have alienated the fans big time. Although we didn't get Welker to voice the movie role, having Agent Smith do the voice should be ok... Guess Welker wanted a shit load more money for this one.

[quote name='ITDEFX']ok, so we get Agent Smith to voice Megatron in the movie, but what the hell, the game based on the movie we will get Welker to do Megatron!??!?!!?!
[/quote]it mainly has to do with him getting older and his voice not being as great as it once was. even though when you hear him now you get goosebumps and memories of megs! but i heard there was to much voice acting and he was not going to be able to be even at 65% the game doesnt require all that much work. im sad though that he wont be in the movie as megs, but as some other characters.

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I prefered Optimus and Megatron's voice from Beast Wars, specially Megatron his voice was deeper and not squeaky like in Gen1. I'm really looking forward to Hugo Weaving voicing Megatron though.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I prefered Optimus and Megatron's voice from Beast Wars, specially Megatron his voice was deeper and not squeaky like in Gen1. I'm really looking forward to Hugo Weaving voicing Megatron though.[/QUOTE]

squeaky??!?!?! HOW DARE YOU!!!

If you want a spiritual OP then go with BW/BM OP........ if you want the Asskicking
OP we all loved in the 80's you go with the OVA!!!

Oh come on, based on what I heard in that gamespot interview, the Megatron OAV can still pull it off!!
Prime however sounds a bit gruffier :(

megatron's g1 voice sounded like an oily gear. it was perfecct.
i dont know if im gonna like hearing V's voice as megatrons. but i'm sure that they will alter the voices a little in production.

i saw 3 planes in a vid. is that skywarp and thunder cracker(best t-former name)?

[quote name='IronMan2020']megatron's g1 voice sounded like an oily gear. it was perfecct.
i dont know if im gonna like hearing V's voice as megatrons. but i'm sure that they will alter the voices a little in production.

i saw 3 planes in a vid. is that skywarp and thunder cracker(best t-former name)?[/QUOTE]

Ironman. Look at the OP to see the list of all the Transformers set to appear in the film..

Also Linkin, Are you saying you would've rather had the Beast Wars Megatron voice to be in the film? Not sure if you were, but personally I think that would not have worked, and been way too cartoony. I agree with you, and do slightly prefer the BW Megatron over the G1, but just slightly, but in BW he was more of a maniacal supervillain that was common in morning kids' shows, which BW was.

Also, in the end, the voice actors won't matter "too" much. I say that because they are going to alter these voices to make them sound really really robotic. You're going to be able to hear the voice actors' actual voices I'm sure, but if you're not a huge fan of Transformers, you probably wouldn't know its the original voice of Prime, and if you don't keep up with the movie, you probably wouldn't know it was Agent Smith.

Also, there is already sequel talk, I posted it in one of the other pages. Soundwave is confirmed to be in the sequel. They didn't wanna cut him out of this film because they didn't want to give him a bit part (since he is just a damn stereo) and he's set to appear in the sequel because this thing will make boatloads of money. I can't tell you how many times I went to the theater when the trailer was first initially showing, and most of the public hadn't seen it yet. But man, when they saw the "Transformers" logo come up at the end, usually at least half the crowd went nuts.

the only time i've movie crowds cheer a preview is when it was for star wars.

i looked at that list and i'm thinking there has to be more than that. skywarp and thundercracker arent on the list and think i saw them. thats not enough characters unless they are working to do a sequel. i hope micheal bay stays on the project just for continuity reasons.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Also, there is already sequel talk, I posted it in one of the other pages. Soundwave is confirmed to be in the sequel. They didn't wanna cut him out of this film because they didn't want to give him a bit part (since he is just a damn stereo) and he's set to appear in the sequel because this thing will make boatloads of money. [/quote]

I'm hoping that they'll add Cliffjumper to the sequel and have Casey Kasem voice him again(even he had a falling out with the G1 producers). Although that might be too cartoony.

I'm hoping that and maybe they add a combiner set(just imagine how huge that robot would be).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']New Bumblebee close up. Looks pretty cool!

[/QUOTE]

That's pretty sweet how they all seem to have face shields...but he does look a little too insect-like for me.

I was searching on Amazon.com and found some Transformer: Movie Figures. Here's Optimus:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1176806438&sr=1-1

And Starscream:
http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-81103-...=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1176806438&sr=1-17

If you look at the product page and look at the other thumbnails, they transform into comets (lame). These are the prototype forms before they copy themselves into the truck and the fighter jet. This might be evidenced as seen in the trailer, you see a comet blazing across the sky and crashlanding.

Also found this box of awesomeness:
http://www.amazon.com/USAOPOLY-MN05...=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1176807610&sr=1-34

I went out to dinner today, and a section of the street on the mall I went to was blocked of by a big black trailer, I was wondering what it was all about, it had a Plasma TV built onto the side of it and then I saw it...Transformers posters. I stopped by quickly and asked what they were showing, they said that they had a 10min clip of the film inside the trailer. I waited in line for about 15min and got in.

The scene took place in Qada (IIRC) in the middle east, Scorponok tails shows up from under the sand and behind a group of Army guys, the tail gets closer to Capt. Lennox (Josh Duhamel), he turns around, and yells, everyone starts shooting at the ground, then it hides back underground, and seconds later pops out chasing after the Armed Forces...They all start running towards a beaten down city, with Scorponok right behind them, shooting what looked like twirling lasers from its claws. They look back and shoot but nothing seems to work. As they aim at its head, you can see the face shield close up just in time to block the bullets and open back up as soon as the shots stop. Sgt. Epps (Tyrese) stays back with others to hold Scorponok back as Capt. Lennox searches for a phone to call for backup. He goes inside a house and asks for a phone, he's given a cell phone by a resident in its house. He immediately tries to call the Pentagon, but the operator is un cooperative and asks for a credit card, since the cell phone provider doesn't do long distance. The scene is pretty humorous as Capt. Lennox, is trying to call for help, he realizes he won't be able to without a credit card, he runs outside dodging fire from Scorponok, gets behind Sgt. Epps and asks for his wallet, he tells him its in his pocket. Capt. Lennox, checks his his pants and he has army pouches all over the place, he asks Sgt. Epps, "which pocket?", Sgt. Epps, yells back as he fire's at Scorponok "my left cheek, my left cheek!!" He grabs the Credit Card from the wallet and gives the guy on the phone the credit card number, he then is connected to the Pentagon and asks for backup...they send jets to his coordinates. Capt. Lennox, tells another army dude, to target the thing (Scorponok) as he targets it himself with a weapon that emits a large green laser. The planes show up, and shoot the crap out of Scorponok, it becomes injured and starts twitching around like a real injured insect and it starts flasing, like electrical surges are flowing throughot his body...Scoroponok still standing, Capt. Lennox, calls another plane to fire some sort of exploding rounds, the jet flies by and takes a few good shots, and the area is filled with smoke and sand...They can't see anything...Scorponok all injured, hides behind the smoke still twiching, digs underground to hide and a piece of his tail breaks off as he goes in. The scene ends...

I was really impressed with what I saw. I loved the way the face shields worked. You could totally tell that it was like a reflex for him, to close up as bullets were coming towards his head. Unfortunately Scorponok didnt' transform, stayed in scorpion form. I was surprised to hear cussing, they kept saying "shit"...The score was great, as it made the scene more intense, loved the humor in the scene and I was left in awe when I left. I'm more convinced now than ever, that this will be an awesome movie. I cannot fucking wait. I'll be there on July 4th at 12:01am!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I went out to dinner today, and a section of the street on the mall I went to was blocked of by a big black trailer, I was wondering what it was all about, it had a Plasma TV built onto the side of it and then I saw it...Transformers posters. I stopped by quickly and asked what they were showing, they said that they had a 10min clip of the film inside the trailer. I waited in line for about 15min and got in.

The scene took place in Qada (IIRC) in the middle east, Scorponok tails shows up from under the sand and behind a group of Army guys, the tail gets closer to Capt. Lennox (Josh Duhamel), he turns around, and yells, everyone starts shooting at the ground, then it hides back underground, and seconds later pops out chasing after the Armed Forces...They all start running towards a beaten down city, with Scorponok right behind them, shooting what looked like twirling lasers from its claws. They look back and shoot but nothing seems to work. As they aim at its head, you can see the face shield close up just in time to block the bullets and open back up as soon as the shots stop. Sgt. Epps (Tyrese) stays back with others to hold Scorponok back as Capt. Lennox searches for a phone to call for backup. He goes inside a house and asks for a phone, he's given a cell phone by a resident in its house. He immediately tries to call the Pentagon, but the operator is un cooperative and asks for a credit card, since the cell phone provider doesn't do long distance. The scene is pretty humorous as Capt. Lennox, is trying to call for help, he realizes he won't be able to without a credit card, he runs outside dodging fire from Scorponok, gets behind Sgt. Epps and asks for his wallet, he tells him its in his pocket. Capt. Lennox, checks his his pants and he has army pouches all over the place, he asks Sgt. Epps, "which pocket?", Sgt. Epps, yells back as he fire's at Scorponok "my left cheek, my left cheek!!" He grabs the Credit Card from the wallet and gives the guy on the phone the credit card number, he then is connected to the Pentagon and asks for backup...they send jets to his coordinates. Capt. Lennox, tells another army dude, to target the thing (Scorponok) as he targets it himself with a weapon that emits a large green laser. The planes show up, and shoot the crap out of Scorponok, it becomes injured and starts twitching around like a real injured insect and it starts flasing, like electrical surges are flowing throughot his body...Scoroponok still standing, Capt. Lennox, calls another plane to fire some sort of exploding rounds, the jet flies by and takes a few good shots, and the area is filled with smoke and sand...They can't see anything...Scorponok all injured, hides behind the smoke still twiching, digs underground to hide and a piece of his tail breaks off as he goes in. The scene ends...

I was really impressed with what I saw. I loved the way the face shields worked. You could totally tell that it was like a reflex for him, to close up as bullets were coming towards his head. Unfortunately Scorponok didnt' transform, stayed in scorpion form. I was surprised to hear cussing, they kept saying "shit"...The score was great, as it made the scene more intense, loved the humor in the scene and I was left in awe when I left. I'm more convinced now than ever, that this will be an awesome movie. I cannot fucking wait. I'll be there on July 4th at 12:01am![/QUOTE]

Damn you're lucky. Was it some kind of traveling marketing campaign??

How were the effects? Did Scorponok look like he was really there in the scene? From what I heard the robots blend so seemlessly in with the environment it's unreal.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Damn you're lucky. Was it some kind of traveling marketing campaign??

How were the effects? Did Scorponok look like he was really there in the scene? From what I heard the robots blend so seemlessly in with the environment it's unreal.[/quote]

I have no idea what campaign they're doing, I didn't hear about it before hand, I just happened to be at the right time at the right place.

The special effects are amazing. It doesn't look CGI, I could almost swear that they were fighting an actual robot.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I was just at TRU today. So far the Protoform OP and Starscream toys SUCK ASS!!![/quote]
There out already? I hope non-protoform Starscream looks cool.

i work at a theater and have asked for the 4th off. im going to watch it all day over and over with my employee pass. oh happy days. i've seen the trailer every day for like 3 weeks.

[quote name='IronMan2020']i work at a theater and have asked for the 4th off. im going to watch it all day over and over with my employee pass. oh happy days. i've seen the trailer every day for like 3 weeks.[/QUOTE]

too much information. i love transformers but that's just being too obsessive.

new pics of the transformers

http://www.michaelbay.com/blog/files/d58812e5a390e8b3a44162285e4ae054-74.html

protoform megatron :(
megatron.png

I dont know if this was asked already.

But...is Ratback in the movie? That would be fucking grand.....if you dont remember who he was. He was the transformer that turned into a mofo cassette tape.

Now that is the best power to have....you know...always being able to rock out.

[quote name='ITDEFX']and let me guess, it will become the most expensive movie ever made.......... how many times have I heard that every year.[/QUOTE]

I forget what the budget is for the film, but it was made for a lot less than you might think, something like the 100 million range. Spiderman 3, for those of you who don't know, cost close to $300 million....and you don't know where the money went. Judging from these screens, the robots look fucking real.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I dont know if this was asked already.

But...is Ratback in the movie? That would be fucking grand.....if you dont remember who he was. He was the transformer that turned into a mofo cassette tape.[/quote]
You mean Ratbat? No, out of the tapes in G1, Frenzy is the only one that makes it into the movie and he transforms into CD player w/ 2 speakers in the movie.

If you don't remember Frenzy in G1, he was the red & black version of Rumble.

[quote name='ITDEFX']too much information. i love transformers but that's just being too obsessive.[/quote]

Seeing the audiences reactions over and over along with the ability to actually soak in the whole movie by looking at it from different angles is an absolute perk of working at a theater.

When episode 1 came out I timed my watch so I could go from Pod race to light saber duel over and over again. The matrix was the same way. Hell, wasnt a big fan of Final Destination, but I sure as hell made sure when I was working) to be in that theater when the Bus Scene happened.

The fact that I now have to pay for movies is going to kill me since I can already tell this is a "see it multiple times over the weekend" kind of movie.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Seeing the audiences reactions over and over along with the ability to actually soak in the whole movie by looking at it from different angles is an absolute perk of working at a theater.

When episode 1 came out I timed my watch so I could go from Pod race to light saber duel over and over again. The matrix was the same way. Hell, wasnt a big fan of Final Destination, but I sure as hell made sure when I was working) to be in that theater when the Bus Scene happened.

The fact that I now have to pay for movies is going to kill me since I can already tell this is a "see it multiple times over the weekend" kind of movie.[/QUOTE]

Mmmhmmm.....

was at Target in Fairlakes, VA today and saw this! It might be an accidental release shipment but it was the only one. I know protoform Starscream and Prime are out but when I saw this I was like uh.....

0512071859b.jpg

0512071859a.jpg

0512071859.jpg

sorry for the bad image quality, it was from my cell phone.

Man...I would have picked that up. You could have probobly sold it on eBay atleast...maybe. The official release is not till June 2nd...the only ones allowed are protoform Optimus and Starscream, and those suck major ass.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Man...I would have picked that up. You could have probobly sold it on eBay atleast...maybe. The official release is not till June 2nd...the only ones allowed are protoform Optimus and Starscream, and those suck major ass.[/QUOTE]

at this point, i might be just skipping buying any of these transformer movie toys.. :( besides you could get about 20 or 25 bucks for this thing on ebay... meh.

Here's the new TV spot:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVJ06ixj19Q&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecomicbookresources%2Ecom%2Fnews%2Fnewsitem%2Ecgi%3Fid%3D10589[/MEDIA]

[quote name='CocheseUGA']If you can find me a sweet Bumblebee wallpaper, I'll love you long time.[/QUOTE]

if anyone can point me to a direct download HQ version of this so I can convert it to be put on my cell phone, me love you harder :)

Holly shitballs on a stick....that was fucking sweet! Finally that confirms that the classic Transfomers transforming sound is back.

Nice touch by having Linkin Park's "What I've Done" in the beginning of the trailer :D

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Holly shitballs on a stick....that was fucking sweet! Finally that confirms that the classic Transfomers transforming sound is back.

Nice touch by having Linkin Park's "What I've Done" in the beginning of the trailer :D[/QUOTE]

at this moment we do NOT know if the classic transforming sound WILL BE BACK. Remember this was just a trailer. The trailer doesn't always reflect the final version of the film. Don't be surprised if we don't get it :(

Here's the youtube version for those that may not be able to access the site or view the clip:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7uXvqfQvNI&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ethemovieblog%2Ecom%2F[/media]

NOTE: Youtube quality does not do it justice.

bread's done
Back