Transformers Movie - DVD & HD DVD Sales Break Records

[quote name='ITDEFX']at this moment we do NOT know if the classic transforming sound WILL BE BACK. Remember this was just a trailer. The trailer doesn't always reflect the final version of the film. Don't be surprised if we don't get it :([/quote]

Wasn't it confirmed by the studio that it would have the sound effect?

The lack of voices from the Transformers makes them seem like....non-intelligent beings, or something. Like....Pokemon.

OK, bad comparison. But I want to hear Optimus say something, dammit! Or Megatron.

fucking hell. I just watched the trailer: WHY THE fuck DID THEY PICK SHIA LABOUFF?????

Jesus, of all the people they could have picked, that kid is by far the most fucking annoying. And he's nothing like any of the kids in the series. Terrible terrible. I'd really enjoy this film, but I'd have to sit through that fucking abnoxious kid... well... I guess I'm a bit too harsh, maybe Shia is good for some things (Holes was marginaly enjoyable), but god please not in Transformers.

No, see I like Shia. Man, this movie looks awesome. Even love how in one part of the trailer when he's changing forms it does the little noise.

holy shit more toy sightings at target :O

SWINDLE o.0

0517072129.jpg

0517072128d.jpg

Bumblebee :(
0517072128c.jpg

0517072128b.jpg

Bonecrusher :|
0517072128a.jpg

0517072128.jpg

[quote name='martin8me']Woah Swindle is so cool *drool*

Is he gonna be in the movie?[/QUOTE]

Swindle's head kind of looks like Shockwave. Seems like these new transformers (based on the toys) seem to be Beast Wars/Beast Machines Heads with high end G1 bodies.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks...that last bit was funny. Too bad they haven't revealed what the voices will sound like.[/QUOTE]

I had a link that went to a clip of Starscream talking...I'll try to find it. It sounded alright, still really scratchy, but it's not the same voice actor since the one guy who played Starscream passed away a few years ago.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I had a link that went to a clip of Starscream talking...I'll try to find it. It sounded alright, still really scratchy, but it's not the same voice actor since the one guy who played Starscream passed away a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

He was also cobra commander. :(

[quote name='CocheseUGA']WTF is up with the 78 Camaro Bumblebee toy? Who dropped the ball on that one?[/quote]
They will be having 2 versions, the old car and the new. Bubmblee goes through both transformations on the movie.

EDIT: here's a couple images of the '08 Camaro Bumblebee:

will they talk? the trailers give the impression that this is an alien invasion movie like independance day.
Im guessing prime will say something to the kid at the end before leaves and thats all.

[quote name='Jedi1979']i guess you wont be looking forward to Indiana Jones 4 since he is in it as well...personally i dont find him annoying...yet[/QUOTE]

How the hell did the kid from Even Stevens all of a sudden become this big Hollywood actor?

[quote name='Skelah']will they talk? the trailers give the impression that this is an alien invasion movie like independance day.
Im guessing prime will say something to the kid at the end before leaves and thats all.[/quote]

They will talk. Check the OP most robots have already been assigned actors for voice overs.

That trailer was awesome, but did they try and shoehorn a love story in there?

Ugh. Why do they always have to do that, no matter what movie it is.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They will talk. Check the OP most robots have already been assigned actors for voice overs.[/QUOTE]

as long as none of them say, MAXIMIZE, TERRORIZE, BEAST MODE, OR I AM TRANSFORMED...then all is good.

[quote name='Roufuss']How the hell did the kid from Even Stevens all of a sudden become this big Hollywood actor?[/quote]

Speilberg loves him as an actor...and thats all it takes

[quote name='ITDEFX']as long as none of them say, MAXIMIZE, TERRORIZE, BEAST MODE, OR I AM TRANSFORMED...then all is good.[/quote]
Or take 5-10 seconds to flash that they're transforming. God, that's only one of many reasons why I think Japan destroyed the Transformers. When they yell they're transforming and take closeup showing them changing.

If Cartoon Network is truly working on a new Transformers series and not a dub of some lame ass japanese version, they need to ditch those two things. Keep like the original where they say nothing and quickly transform.

Tthat trailer was pretty sweet, though "What I've Done" at the very beginnig served no perpose, other than momentarily tricking me into thinking this was another fan-made trailer.

I would love if they made a Transformers 2:
Beast Wars

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Tthat trailer was pretty sweet, though "What I've Done" at the very beginnig served no perpose, other than momentarily tricking me into thinking this was another fan-made trailer.

I would love if they made a Transformers 2:
Beast Wars
[/QUOTE]

no we don't need that... but we do need a sequel with Soundwave and atleast a combinator group :)

[quote name='tangytangerine']Or take 5-10 seconds to flash that they're transforming. God, that's only one of many reasons why I think Japan destroyed the Transformers. When they yell they're transforming and take closeup showing them changing.

If Cartoon Network is truly working on a new Transformers series and not a dub of some lame ass japanese version, they need to ditch those two things. Keep like the original where they say nothing and quickly transform.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no shit. All we need is the transforming noise.

[quote name='ITDEFX']no we don't need that... but we do need a sequel with Soundwave and atleast a combinator group :)[/quote]
I agree. Beast Wars is my favorite Transformers TV show, but it wouldn't work as a movie.
I agree that if we get more films we need at least one combinator group. Maybe in they could set up the sequels so that the second one has another battle on Earth where they uncover lots of Energon that both sides need, so in the third one there is a huge all out war with tons of transforms, including combinator groups on both sides.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I agree. Beast Wars is my favorite Transformers TV show, but it wouldn't work as a movie.
I agree that if we get more films we need at least one combinator group. Maybe in they could set up the sequels so that the second one has another battle on Earth where they uncover lots of Energon that both sides need, so in the third one there is a huge all out war with tons of transforms, including combinator groups on both sides.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I wonder if this movie will establish a *base* of operations for both sides? I doubt we will see an *ark* or Nemesis base. As for tangytangerine comment, I agree way too much time on close ups of transforming and screaming out that they are transforming. Just get to the fucking point. Today's kids have too little attention span to watch all that shit.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']They need to set up movie Unicron by the 3rd movie. Just think about what it would be like to have a transforming Death Star attack Earth. :)[/QUOTE]

uh.......NO

Die hard fans of the G1 series would love Megatron turn into a gun and be fired by Soundwave or Starscream....but no......pussy parents and civil rights groups would march to protest against the film.

Does anyone know the score that plays right after Prime transforms? I don't think I have that bit in my collection. Does anyone recognize it?

http://www.michaelbay.com/blog/files/021f924f9ff0126591c3f6144456d4df-82.html

From Bay:

I would also like fans opinion on opening on July 3rd instead of the 4th. The studio kind of sort of is thinking about which might mean "no". If you spread the word on the Net - everywhere - they might listen. The 3rd everyone is off from work, I say "what the fuck" play the movie - "give'em giant fucking robots early"!!!

Spread the word, we want Transformers on July 3rd!!!!

[quote name='ITDEFX']uh.......NO

Die hard fans of the G1 series would love Megatron turn into a gun and be fired by Soundwave or Starscream....but no......pussy parents and civil rights groups would march to protest against the film.

Does anyone know the score that plays right after Prime transforms? I don't think I have that bit in my collection. Does anyone recognize it?[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with my Unicron comment? Cripes.

[quote name='ITDEFX']uh.......NO

Does anyone know the score that plays right after Prime transforms? I don't think I have that bit in my collection. Does anyone recognize it?[/QUOTE]

??? A movie with Megatron turning into a gun would be stupid. I'm sorry but it's truth.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']??? A movie with Megatron turning into a gun would be stupid. I'm sorry but it's truth.[/QUOTE]

Well it's a lot better then him turning into a stupid tank or alien jet.

[quote name='Roufuss']That trailer was awesome, but did they try and shoehorn a love story in there?

Ugh. Why do they always have to do that, no matter what movie it is.[/quote]
For the eye candy:

fox2rb8.jpg
fox3car2.jpg

foxqa2.jpg

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Megatron turning into a Tank is stupid?
Tank= Gun+Vehicle
Kinda fits with everyone else that way...[/QUOTE]

well if the purpose of using earth cars/aircraft to hide themselves , then megatron will stand out as an alien ship.

[quote name='ITDEFX']well if the purpose of using earth cars/aircraft to hide themselves , then megatron will stand out as an alien ship.[/quote]

You mean they don't already stand out as 20 foot tall walking robots fighting an intergalactic war?

[quote name='Kayden']You mean they don't already stand out as 20 foot tall walking robots fighting an intergalactic war?[/QUOTE]

well it be easier for him to hide as an earth form until he's ready to kick some ass.

god damn it, we need a sample of one of his lines in the movie with Hugo speaking NOW!!

[quote name='ITDEFX']well it be easier for him to hide as an earth form until he's ready to kick some ass.

god damn it, we need a sample of one of his lines in the movie with Hugo speaking NOW!![/quote]
Its going to go something like this....

"Mr. Prime....we missed you!" ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Its going to go something like this....

"Mr. Prime....we missed you!" ;)[/QUOTE]

no it's "WELCOME BACK MR. PRIME, WEEEEEEE MISSED YOU!"...."love what I've done with the place?"

[quote name='ITDEFX']no it's "WELCOME BACK MR. PRIME, WEEEEEEE MISSED YOU!"...."love what I've done with the place?"[/quote]

True dat....I just shortened it. Its what the commercials for Matrix Reloaded used to run.

DAMN IT!!!

I was so tempted to show my 5 year old nephew the new trailer off my cell phone...but I needed to check with his dad as it *might* be too violent for a 5 year old :(

This has nothing to do with the movie, but they seriously should have hired this guy to do some of the special effects.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1QytC1hflKo[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']They need to set up movie Unicron by the 3rd movie. Just think about what it would be like to have a transforming Death Star attack Earth. :)[/quote]
I like Unicron, but I just don't think it would work very well in a live action movie.

bread's done
Back