10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had that happen, and I'm not really one to "inspect" figs in package. I'll occasionally get one with some light scuffs scratches or something, but not with huge chunks of paint missing. Looks like you just got a lemon there. Congrats on getting in on the TRU deal though!

I need Thundercracker. I'm such a sucker for seeker repaints. I've already got Starscream, Sunstorm, and Skywarp. They need Thundercracker, and the girl Starscream from Animated, they should make that one too.

The War for Cybertron figures look really good. So tempted to get them all. I'm definitely getting Prime.

I've been out of the loop on action figures for a few years. What's the best (ie cheapest) way to get them?

Anybody check out the product description for the WFC Bumblebee on TRU's site?

"Product Description
Our Transformers Deluxe Action Figure - Cybertronian Bumblebee is a Heroic robot fighter converts from fierce robot mode with deployable blade accessories to speedy Cybertronian Courier vehicle mode - and back again!

You and your Spider-Man figure are ready to track down your toughest foes - no matter where they run! This cool vehicle starts out in battle truck mode, but you can easily convert it to a fighter jet vehicle or even an attack boat vehicle! From thrilling jet engine sounds to ferocious speeding boat sounds and cannon blasting sounds, each vehicle activates new sounds to really intimidate your opponents. As the engine light glows, you can activate the 11 heroic phrases to get yourself and your figure ready for action and let your enemies know that you're ready and raring to chase them down. When you reach them, launch your web missile accessory and the battle is as good as won!"

Holy crap! Bumblebee not only outdoes the triple changers, but even gets his own superhero sidekick! :p

Also: goddamn leeches bought out the site on both Op and 'Bee.

I got my WfC Prime and Bee on Firday. I LOVE THEM!!! Bee is like a Tron vehicle. I want a dozen of them, all in different colors!

I asked in the 360 thread, but would you guys be into a War for Cybertron group/clan where we could maybe represent CAG and set up matches with various Transformers boards and such?

[quote name='n10zguy']I got my WfC Prime and Bee on Firday. I LOVE THEM!!! Bee is like a Tron vehicle. I want a dozen of them, all in different colors![/QUOTE]

Don't worry, this is Hasbro. You'll have all the repaints you could ever want and then some... :D

and Ultimate Matt X, I'd totally be down, but no way do I have time. I don't even have a gold Live account :( Still can't wait to get the game though!

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I asked in the 360 thread, but would you guys be into a War for Cybertron group/clan where we could maybe represent CAG and set up matches with various Transformers boards and such?[/QUOTE]

I'm down with that idea.

I tried the multiplayer demo today, nothing mind blowing but it was fun. I was hoping to try the single player stuff first before getting my butt reamed in MP without knowing what I was doing.

MP in War of Cybertron feels so painfully generic to me, like it could have just been any game with robots and you'd get the same results. Didn't feel Transformer specific enough except for Peter Cullen as OP.

The MP demo was really barebones. It'll be better when you have access to everything.

I'm getting it for PS3 though.

Also ordered my WfC Prime from Amazon yesterday. It was $15, a little more than I'd like to spend but I must have it and hate hunting for toys. I'm probably just going to wait to get Bumblebee in store. I'm just going to get those 2, Megatron, and Soundwave (and Starscream if one comes out).

For those still interested in the MP ideas I have, check out the 360 forum thread. I don't want to clutter things up here and I don't think making a PS3 specific thread is necessary yet. I've heard from a few Transformers board so far and I'm just trying to work out the specifics.

Got my WfC Prime today. The robot mode is very nice. The vehicle mode is alright. Transforming to vehicle was a bit of a pain. I'll probably keep it in Robot mode since it looks better. Wish it came with an energon ax though :whistle2:(

[quote name='icedrake523']Got my WfC Prime today. The robot mode is very nice. The vehicle mode is alright. Transforming to vehicle was a bit of a pain. I'll probably keep it in Robot mode since it looks better. Wish it came with an energon ax though :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. Prime is cool in robot mode, but he lacks some enough articulation to get some good poses. Bee on the other hand, I like both. I was really surprised and how he is in his alt. mode. Nice sleek design. Both Prime and Bee are a pain to transform though.

But if anyone is deciding whether or not to buy these figures, check out the galleries I submitted!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/toys/Generations/Autobots/WFC+Prime/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/toys/Generations/Autobots/wfc+bee/

[quote name='Thedrknss48']Both Prime and Bee are a pain to transform though.
[/QUOTE]

Shit, now I want them even MORE! No such thing as too complicated transform imho :D

[quote name='Zmonkay']Shit, now I want them even MORE! No such thing as too complicated transform imho :D[/QUOTE]

Beast Wars Tripredacus came pretty close the first time I took him / them out of the box.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are WfC figures already in stores? :shock:[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there's been any sightings in stores but TRU online and Amazon both had them available.

[quote name='Thedrknss48']Yeah, I agree. Prime is cool in robot mode, but he lacks some enough articulation to get some good poses. Bee on the other hand, I like both. I was really surprised and how he is in his alt. mode. Nice sleek design. Both Prime and Bee are a pain to transform though.

But if anyone is deciding whether or not to buy these figures, check out the galleries I submitted![/QUOTE]

Prime's knees are especially bad. I like to bend them and have the legs out a bit, a slight crouch. But WfC Prime has to stand up straight. Not as cool.

[quote name='Bloomy']Beast Wars Tripredacus came pretty close the first time I took him / them out of the box.[/QUOTE]

Was that the 3-in-1 combiner? I had the Maximal version. I HATED transforming the Elephant. I think I only combined them once. Such a pain in the ass.

[quote name='icedrake523']Was that the 3-in-1 combiner? I had the Maximal version. I HATED transforming the Elephant. I think I only combined them once. Such a pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the pred. combiner. I fucking LOVED them! MOAR combiners please! (in the alt/robot/combined mindset, not fucking stupid ass power ranger supreme devy from ROTF)

Although you're right, I never could figure out a good way to hide the elephant head kibble on him, lol.

So how many of you guys are going to Botcon? I'm heading out Sunday night to start the drive so I can get into Orlando on Tuesday and make the Wednesday customizing class.

Would you guys be interested in pics and such from the show? I could update on figure news and such.

Ah... I'm just asking for trouble.

I thought I kicked this hobby years ago-- lost 90% of my Transformers collection 4 years ago when we moved, mostly RiD, Armada, Energon and Beast Wars/Machines with a few original G1 TF's. Losing 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime still stings. I was pretty much done after that.

But I just ordered the War for Cybertron Optimus and Bumblebee. I blame it on High Moon for making such a badass Transformers game. So, now it begins again... Already planning on getting the WFC Soundwave and Megatron figures, along with any others released.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']So how many of you guys are going to Botcon? I'm heading out Sunday night to start the drive so I can get into Orlando on Tuesday and make the Wednesday customizing class.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, you got into a customizing class? You must of been FAST on the trigger to get in. I'm going! Starting to get really excited. :D I live in north Florida, so it's merely a couple of hours to get to Orlando. Going to leave home Wednesday morning and leave Orlando Sunday afternoon.

[quote name='Inferno-X']Oh man, you got into a customizing class? You must of been FAST on the trigger to get in. I'm going! Starting to get really excited. :D I live in north Florida, so it's merely a couple of hours to get to Orlando. Going to leave home Wednesday morning and leave Orlando Sunday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't in the first 100 though. I was registering and checking over things, but my 8 minutes ran out (still think the clock screwed up) so I had to start over. I still managed to get into the Wednesday customizing class though originally I think I was in the Thursday one. We're going to be in the area for other stuff though so I don't mind doing the class Wednesday and then going to parks on Thursday.

If we could get enough people we should have a CAG meet up.

I just so happened to acquire 16 Transformers Revenge of the Fallen action figures. I was curious how much you guys think I could sell them for, and if it would be more profitable using eBay, Craigslist, or even selling to some of you guys. All are sealed except for one. The names are:

Scout Class:

Dune Runner
NightBeat
Scalpel
Dirt Boss
Reverb
RollBar (the backing of the package came off before I even had it)

Deluxe class:

Stalker Scorponok
Tuner Mudflap
Dead End
Armorhide
Autobot Gears
Dirge
Alliance Bumblebee x2
Deep Desert Brawl x2

And yes, the urge to open and play with them is killing me.

I am already in Orlando (got here on Satruday), doing all kinds of stuff before the big event. I will be in there Wednesday class as well (got the first 100 pin too). I am having an amazing time here.

Flying in to Botcon Thursday evening. Hopefully will make the 6PM package pickup:shock:. Think I got a first 100 pin also but won't know till I get there. Customizing class sounded cool but will miss it since not getting there till Thurs.

I'd love to go to a Botcon someday. I REALLY wanted those Cybertron versions of Beast War figures they had years ago. When they came out, I went and bought the Cybertron figures that had the same models. That'd be the closest I'd ever get to them :whistle2:(

[quote name='Zmonkay']Really should make it out to Botcon one of these years. Maybe if it comes back to Chicago some time. Let us know how it was guys![/QUOTE]

I missed out on the Chicago botcon a few years ago. i do hope they come back.

I was going to go to Botcon, under General Admission, but I'm going to pass even though it's an hour away... none of the panels really look that interesting to me, and with so many TF's coming out in July / August I'm not interested in buying any at the moment. The only panel I'd really be interested in is Bob Budiansky, having a ton of his comics, but the only day I could make is Saturday and he won't be there. Would be awesome with a Primus package, but that was way above what I had to spend.

I just decided to use my money for War for Cybertron (which is awesome) and MP Grimlock, which is real soon... and save the rest to get the SDCC exclusive Blaster when it hits on Hasbro's website. I waited too long on Soundwave and never got one, Blaster is one of my favorites (particularly the Marvel run) and I won't make the same mistake.

Here is the Blaster (with three tapes) that is going to be at SDCC 2010 this year: http://www.flickr.com/photos/collecticon/4354769661/

Last edited by a moderator:
I never been to a comic con, but heres my question do they have it in NYC ? I was looking at a comic con for nyc but what I'm really interested is only transformers figures and maybe G.I. Joe exclusives.

[quote name='animalspinners']I was going to go to Botcon, under General Admission, but I'm going to pass even though it's an hour away... none of the panels really look that interesting to me, and with so many TF's coming out in July / August I'm not interested in buying any at the moment. The only panel I'd really be interested in is Bob Budiansky, having a ton of his comics, but the only day I could make is Saturday and he won't be there. Would be awesome with a Primus package, but that was way above what I had to spend.

I just decided to use my money for War for Cybertron (which is awesome) and MP Grimlock, which is real soon... and save the rest to get the SDCC exclusive Blaster when it hits on Hasbro's website. I waited too long on Soundwave and never got one, Blaster is one of my favorites (particularly the Marvel run) and I won't make the same mistake.

Here is the Blaster (with three tapes) that is going to be at SDCC 2010 this year: http://www.flickr.com/photos/collecticon/4354769661/[/QUOTE]

When is SDCC taking place? G1 Blaster was one of the ones I lost when we moved, so I'd love to get this reissue. Especially since my original Blaster didn't even have any tapes.

[quote name='blaze81']I never been to a comic con, but heres my question do they have it in NYC ? I was looking at a comic con for nyc but what I'm really interested is only transformers figures and maybe G.I. Joe exclusives.[/QUOTE]

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/

A warning, this thing usually gets super crowded and you may want to purchase your tickets beforehand. The first year they had it the FDNY had to come in because there were too many people.

TRU store near me got the new Generations figures in today or yesterday. They had 1 WFC Optimus Prime, 4 WFC Bumblebee, and 2 Thrust. Didn't see any Drift which I thought would have been in the case, but maybe somebody grabbed them. Picked up Prime and Bumblebee...passed on Thrust waiting for a BOGO deal in the future.

Also TRU is running 25% off all clearance toys until July 17th. I know I saw the Fallen/Megatron/Soundwave three pack for $30 and Animated Ultra Magnus for $15 both after 25% off.

Also saw 4 Arcee's on the peg...they always show up after you stop looking!

[quote name='poison_SHADOW']When is SDCC taking place? G1 Blaster was one of the ones I lost when we moved, so I'd love to get this reissue. Especially since my original Blaster didn't even have any tapes.[/QUOTE]

July 22 - 25.

Hasbro, last year, put up the exclusives a few days after the show ended, IIRC. It's a really limited window to get one.

[quote name='180husher']TRU store near me got the new Generations figures in today or yesterday. They had 1 WFC Optimus Prime, 4 WFC Bumblebee, and 2 Thrust. Didn't see any Drift which I thought would have been in the case, but maybe somebody grabbed them. Picked up Prime and Bumblebee...passed on Thrust waiting for a BOGO deal in the future.

Also TRU is running 25% off all clearance toys until July 17th. I know I saw the Fallen/Megatron/Soundwave three pack for $30 and Animated Ultra Magnus for $15 both after 25% off.

Also saw 4 Arcee's on the peg...they always show up after you stop looking![/QUOTE]

Awesome... hopefully other stores in my area will get them soon (or we'll start seeing reports of Target / Wal-Mart getting them), I despise TRU and the only time I'm willing to make the 30 minute drive is for MP Grimlock. Really wish Hasbro would stop giving them exclusives.

[quote name='animalspinners']July 22 - 25.

Hasbro, last year, put up the exclusives a few days after the show ended, IIRC. It's a really limited window to get one.[/QUOTE]

Alright, hopefully I'll have some spare cash by then. Thanks for the info.

Well things are starting to wrap up here at Botcon. Dinobot was announced as the 5th Hall of Fame character at the dinner. I wanted to update here more this week, but internet access has been a pain. There is supposed to be more info at the Hasbro Designers panel tomorrow.

Snagged my WFC Op and 'Bee today over at TRU--had two more of each on the racks.
So, I suppose I could do what I did before with the Animated Ratchets and Arcees and buy up the rest if someone's having a hard time getting them and just sell 'em at cost and ship them (because I'm not a money-grubbing bastard despite being horribly unemployed), but it's a little early for desperation.

I would suggest that those searching TRU's hit theirs on a Saturday morning--mine gets a weekend shipment in and they put them out fairly early that day--but I picked mine up as late as 3 pm today.

[quote name='Watchman']Snagged my WFC Op and 'Bee today over at TRU--had two more of each on the racks.
So, I suppose I could do what I did before with the Animated Ratchets and Arcees and buy up the rest if someone's having a hard time getting them and just sell 'em at cost and ship them (because I'm not a money-grubbing bastard despite being horribly unemployed), but it's a little early for desperation.

I would suggest that those searching TRU's hit theirs on a Saturday morning--mine gets a weekend shipment in and they put them out fairly early that day--but I picked mine up as late as 3 pm today.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't every store going to be getting in the WFC figures? I'm fairly sure they aren't a TRU exclusive, so eventually they should starting hitting Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and everywhere else. So I definitely don't think they'll be super hard to find like Arcee was. Still though, that's nice of you to offer!

Plus, they are currently online and in-stock at TRU.com with a buy 1 get 1 50% off -

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4020215

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4020214

Also in stock at Amazon, so yea, these should be clogging the pegs everywhere in no time.

bread's done
Back