Trials Evolution (RedLynx's Trials HD sequel) - Out Now! - 1200 points

[quote name='WV Matsui']This is my first Trials game and I'm loving it! Should I get Trials HD as well or just enjoy the never ending playability of this one?[/QUOTE]
If you want to get the last bike go back to Trials HD.You need the Unyielding Achievement in Trials HD to get it.

[quote name='mrx001']If you want to get the last bike go back to Trials HD.You need the Unyielding Achievement in Trials HD to get it.[/QUOTE]

cool, pretty sure i have that one already.

i unlocked the hard tracks... all i can say is fuck YOU!!! haha. it is satisfying when you finally beat a course with 35 faults.

Loving the user created tracks, some are duds though, and spent way too much time with The Pass something (in RedLynx's Picks) and Explosive Barrel Extreme (Skill game). Beat the game and chuckled at the end. Shit went by too fast though so I'll look for a youtube video of it so I can pause and read all that fine print.

I finally unlocked the hardest tracks (135 medal requirement). I have to laugh when I watch the top videos as they make it look so easy. Someone here mentioned using the d-pad instead of the joystick. That really works for me on the hard parts, but screws me up on everything else since I always used the stick for everything. Does everyone here use the d-pad or the stick? What kills me is landing on the steep sloped platforms. I bounce to damn much and crash/flip. Watching the experts stick their landings while still accelerating is crazy. I really need to get that down, even just a little.

Accelerating off a landing does take some time to learn, but basically requires landing with a fairly neutral posture, then leaning forward and gunning it just as you as you land.

OK so my favorite tracks so far:
User: InF1ictor Tracks: Heaven, Landfill, Forgotten
User: MD0708 Tracks: Fire in the Hole!, Toxic (aint bad either)
User: UndeckedSumo Tracks: djmod LONG01 final
User: Split Jugular Tracks: Silhouette Redux
User: Templar Knight4 Tracks: Test Subject 001, Apocalypse, Deathtrap Dungeon (wow to creativity to this dude)

Random shits and giggles
User: eCom WizKiD Skill Track: Barrel Bailout XTRM (he's not kidding either)
User: M00UT Skill Track: Wheeland Pro

[quote name='moojuice']Accelerating off a landing does take some time to learn, but basically requires landing with a fairly neutral posture, then leaning forward and gunning it just as you as you land.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I can pull it off 100x easier now.

[quote name='Spybreak8']OK so my favorite tracks so far:
User: Templar Knight4 Tracks: Test Subject 001, Apocalypse, Deathtrap Dungeon (wow to creativity to this dude)

Random shits and giggles
User: M00UT Skill Track: Wheeland Pro[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed most of those as well as some others, including Red Crates, Ritual (both in Red Lynx picks), and one I can't remember the name of with floating rocks in it. The Takeshi's Castle themed one is difficult but really well made to capture the obstacles on the show. Just needs the MXC announcers over it.

Haha yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm like damn, now you're just intruding on private property. Although maybe they know the owners so it's been pre-approved, who knows.

Edit: Yeah I like Red Boxes but Ritual you can have. Heaven has floating blocks.

Test Subject 002 is up, lol Portal quality stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spybreak8']OK so my favorite tracks so far:

Random shits and giggles
User: M00UT Skill Track: Wheeland Pro[/QUOTE]Thanks for the list. I was just thinking that I need to go back and check out some user-created tracks; I tried a few a day or two after the game released, but haven't been back to them since. Nice to have a list of tracks worth checking out.

Kinda wish hardcore trials for multiplayer was more then a two map cycle. All the games I've played so far of that mode only had maybe two people in contention, if not just one, while everyone else was getting DNFs

[quote name='Spybreak8']Haha yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm like damn, now you're just intruding on private property. Although maybe they know the owners so it's been pre-approved, who knows.

Edit: Yeah I like Red Boxes but Ritual you can have. Heaven has floating blocks.

Test Subject 002 is up, lol Portal quality stuff.[/QUOTE]

Didn't have the game booted up in front of me before, so yeah, Red Boxes. Same creator made Blue Boxes, but I haven't tried that one yet. The floating rock on I mentioned was not the Heaven track, which is great, but Chain of Fools by TheJesus.

Pandora final by Schnee Henri is also pretty good.
Also: Super Mario Trials by Aquarius2104
Fear Auge by HanfRay is good in a haunted house type of way.

Are there any guides on how to create some of the Skill Game stuff?

[quote name='Spybreak8']Cool I'll look at those. I'm guessing the official level editor forums would be your best bet.[/QUOTE]

Yikes, even the forums aren't very beginner friendly either. There apparently are a long series of tutorial videos on youtube they recommend checking out. I'm just in awe of some of the tracks people have made already.

anyone get a game freeze after multiplayer matches? twice tonight it froze to the point i had to turn off my xbox.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Yikes, even the forums aren't very beginner friendly either. There apparently are a long series of tutorial videos on youtube they recommend checking out. I'm just in awe of some of the tracks people have made already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah hmm I found this site today and it looks like what you're looking for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmetWIQN8tM&feature=player_embedded#t=76s
Yeah played Blue Boxes from the same guy who did Red Boxes, kinda of a neat track as well. Really most of his stuff I enjoy.

Few days ago thought I would never beat any of the Extreme tracks. Got bronze on all but 3 now. Now, again, I am convinced I'll never beat another.

[quote name='HydroX']This game feels like LittleBigPlanet on dirt bikes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been really impressed with the editor. It's a bit of a learning curve but once understood there can be some amazing things done with it. I'm making my own level but just testing the editor and getting a feel for it atm.

Nice, user TheJesus has a few good levels to try out, Chain of Fools, Red Planet and The Diamond were a lot of fun and creative.

LOL add Trial Kitchen by IIDEXTER on the list.

Finally got to play again after a 2 week hiatus. This game is so awesome. I unlocked the extreme tracks and completed the first 3 (bronze, of course). Also finally tried the skill games. I didn't like the ball rolling one much, but I really liked the running out of gas, stuck throttle and no lean ones. The skiing one seemed kind of stupid. It's skis, but it plays just like a motor cycle. The others were OK. I don't really understand how to get distance on the flapping wings one. I'm not getting anywhere near as far as anyone else. You rock forward and bail, then flap by pressing Y rapidly - is that it? Obviously I'm doing something wrong....

I've had my 360 freeze now 3 times playing online while I'm waiting to join a match where I had to power down everything. Also I noticed my online stats say I've won 1 of 12 matches but I've won 3 or 4. Anyone else running into this issue?

[quote name='crunchewy']Finally got to play again after a 2 week hiatus. This game is so awesome. I unlocked the extreme tracks and completed the first 3 (bronze, of course). Also finally tried the skill games. I didn't like the ball rolling one much, but I really liked the running out of gas, stuck throttle and no lean ones. The skiing one seemed kind of stupid. It's skis, but it plays just like a motor cycle. The others were OK. I don't really understand how to get distance on the flapping wings one. I'm not getting anywhere near as far as anyone else. You rock forward and bail, then flap by pressing Y rapidly - is that it? Obviously I'm doing something wrong....[/QUOTE]

Alternate X and Y quickly.

The "Top Rated this Week" category turned up several really good ones for me:

Neosphere by DrittesAuge

HOT FUZZ (Easy) by X3XEX
and HOT FUZZ

The latter is the hard version. These are all pretty awesome.

I thought Spark Plug was pretty neat... But my favorite custom track this week has to be Batman! Such a creative track. Give it a shot ;).

[quote name='sp8001']I thought Spark Plug was pretty neat... But my favorite custom track this week has to be Batman! Such a creative track. Give it a shot ;).[/QUOTE]

Who's the designer(s)? You can't search by track name (though why we can't I have absolutely no idea).

[quote name='crunchewy']Who's the designer(s)? You can't search by track name (though why we can't I have absolutely no idea).[/QUOTE]

I will check when I get home tonight. I know both of them were either in Redlynx Picks or Top Download this Week. That is where I grab all my tracks from.

How do you bunny hop exactly? I can't seem to do it. There is a spot in one of the extreme levels where there is a beam leaning down followed by a gap and then a beam leaning up, with the lowest points of the two beams level with each other. I can get to the first beam, but when I tray to hop to the second one I never make it. I think there's some basic principle here I'm missing....

The bunny hop is probably the most important move you need to learn to keep your sanity in this game. You won't even be able to tackle the later levels without it. There are many obstacles you can't reach or clear without the bunny hop.

lean forward --> accelerate & lean back --> lean forward

All in one quick motion. Watch the leaderboard replays and look how they move the stick and throttle. Practice it from a dead stop. Lean forward first, stay that way as long as you want, then flick the stick back and forward as you pull the throttle.

Ah, thanks! I could do it inconsistently and finished all but the last 3 extreme levels, but I don't think I'm getting any further without mastering that technique. I will try it out tonight.

Of the Hard and easier levels, the only one I have left to get gold on is Gigatrack. Argh. I've been trying and got to 3 faults, but 30 seconds too slow. Darn.

[quote name='Javery']Gad damn this game is hard.[/QUOTE]

You play the first one? So far, this one feels a touch easier to me. It's easy to 'beat' a level but it still takes skill and time to master them.

[quote name='Yanksfan']You play the first one? So far, this one feels a touch easier to me. It's easy to 'beat' a level but it still takes skill and time to master them.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, they did at least a better job explaining the techniques this time around. I need to check out the picks of the week sometime. I tend to not like user created tracks because people don't use enough checkpoints lol.

I just picked this up last night and am really enjoying it. I put some good time into the original before getting frustrated and giving up on the final set of tracks. The outdoor scenery is a nice change of pace. Perhaps I'll be singing a different tune when I move into the hard and expert tracks.

Unfortunately, this game also has a ridiculous bug in it that I've seen a few reports of elsewhere online. Sorry if it's been mentioned here before as I'm just getting into the thread. When launching the game it spins your disc drive, regardless of what you have in there, and spins the entire time you are in the game! It is just madness. It is doing nothing with an unrelated disc and putting extra stress and noise on the system for absolutely no reason. How could this not have been fixed yet?

bread's done
Back