Trials Evolution (RedLynx's Trials HD sequel) - Out Now! - 1200 points

Finally got this game. I was going to say how most of the tracks feel short. Then i played Gigatrack. Man that track was really annoying, with its spaced out checkpoints and little bumps here and there. I never want to play that track again. Took me 15 min and 33 faults. I think the most annoying part was its so long, and the checkpoints are really really spaced out, too far.

What are those little shirts next to your friends leaderboard names? I mean are they customizable, based on what shirt your rider wears? They all seem to be red and blue.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Finally got this game. I was going to say how most of the tracks feel short. Then i played Gigatrack. Man that track was really annoying, with its spaced out checkpoints and little bumps here and there. I never want to play that track again. Took me 15 min and 33 faults. I think the most annoying part was its so long, and the checkpoints are really really spaced out, too far.[/QUOTE]

Lol that's the whole point. Just be glad there's only one track like that, Trials Evo is way easier than HD (I think they learned their lesson).

This game is damn fun, but at the same time its frustrating. I managed to get best time out of everyone on my friends list in all the courses in the first two events. But getting to the 3rd event, watching replays of the top guys, i just dont see how they do it so well. They must play this game a ton. While i end up popping wheelies and flipping backwards when im pressing forward. LOL The fastest bike can feel like it weighs 2 pounds the way it bounces around. Still a good game, just wish i was better at it.

I think the shirts represent countries. I have someone on my list from Japan and I think his shirt was red and white, different than everyone else's.

I really like Trials games, even if I take a ton of faults to beat the tougher tracks. Just getting to the end eventually is enough of an accomplishment to me. I think I'm at 121 medals and I'd like to get to 135 and unlock the extreme tracks. I'm not sure how I'm going to pick up 14 more medals, though.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I think the shirts represent countries. I have someone on my list from Japan and I think his shirt was red and white, different than everyone else's.

I really like Trials games, even if I take a ton of faults to beat the tougher tracks. Just getting to the end eventually is enough of an accomplishment to me. I think I'm at 121 medals and I'd like to get to 135 and unlock the extreme tracks. I'm not sure how I'm going to pick up 14 more medals, though.[/QUOTE]

I got 135 medals without that much trouble. The tournaments and circus games help. Or just try to get better medals on easy tracks.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I think the shirts represent countries. I have someone on my list from Japan and I think his shirt was red and white, different than everyone else's.

I really like Trials games, even if I take a ton of faults to beat the tougher tracks. Just getting to the end eventually is enough of an accomplishment to me. I think I'm at 121 medals and I'd like to get to 135 and unlock the extreme tracks. I'm not sure how I'm going to pick up 14 more medals, though.[/QUOTE]

You can customize your rider, the shirt options are unlockable just like accessories for your bike.

I have gold in all the first 3 events. 150 medals total so far.

Trials of Limbo fuck you! That level is so annoying. Its so slow and the gravity is different, yet it seems like the bike will still flip back or forward with almost the slightest nudge. Whats worse is that you have to beat it in 52.0 seconds to get gold, and i did it in 52.2 seconds! :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so you guys inspired me to try again. I'm halfway there and up to 128 now. I have almost all gold on easy and many silver on medium but that hasn't been enough yet. I'll never try for anything but a bronze on hard. I have some golds on circus games as well. I'll work on getting one or two more each time I play and get there soon enough!

I have 173 medals now, 67 bronze, 61 silver, 44 gold, and 1 platinum, and i dont think of me as a pro at this game. Sometimes you just need to practice the same course over and over till you get it down.

Cant get past the basketball scoreboard in "Dark City Run", seems impossible. Thats one of the things i have problems with in this game, is platforms that look like this / especially where there are more than one after each other. My bike always bounces to much, i just cant seem to get past them if there are more than one.

30 minutes later on "Way of the Ninja" and i come away with 0 medals. What a waste of time. Then i watch a replay of a guy who did it in under 2 minutes with 0 faults. insane!

Gigatrack is so annoying. i dont know how anyone can beat it in under 7:55 with 6 faults or less. My best is 12 faults in 10:51. I swear whenever im doing good my guy will pick a spot to just completely screw me over. I was doing great maybe only 1 fault and the part where you have a long slope down and jump over a lake and onto another hill, my guy just decides to pop wheelies or break his bike on impact. Then sometimes my bike just goes bobbling back and fourth uncontrollably. Then there is a ramp gap, i think its the first one right after the cop car/train tracks maybe? Usually i can make it no problem. Other times my guys fails over and over where he cant even get far enough to land the gap. When im doing the same thing. Sorry, just need to vent some frustration. Obviously im no expert at the game.

But yeah, Gigatrack is the only track in that event i dont have gold for. -_-

EDIT

I now have all gold medals for the first 5 events, except for Gigatrack. LOL

I have gold on all tracks except Gigatrack and the Extreme tracks. Every once in a while I try for gold again on Gigatrack. I'd really like to complete that set. Then there is getting platinum. I have none of those. I have completed 3 or 4 of the extreme tracks. Some are just so damn hard.

[quote name='crunchewy']I have gold on all tracks except Gigatrack and the Extreme tracks. Every once in a while I try for gold again on Gigatrack. I'd really like to complete that set. Then there is getting platinum. I have none of those. I have completed 3 or 4 of the extreme tracks. Some are just so damn hard.[/QUOTE]

Yup, i have gold in the first 5 events except gigatrack. I have at least silver on all Death Valley tracks except Down in the dumps, which i only have bronze. Last night i even amazed myself, being able to finish both Dark City Run and Way of the Ninja. I only have The Wreck and Inferno 3 to finish in Flatliner event. I almost had The Wreck, got stuck at the last checkpoint where there was a platform like / with a box on top of that. Couldnt get past that damn box. The inferno track i dont think ill be able to beat that because i got to a point where there are three / / / in a row and i cant get any momentum to even get to the 3rd one. I Never finish the inferno 2 track in the first trials game. :/

Wow just finished the wreck in 13 minutes and 200 faults. Now the only one i havent finished is inferno 3. -_-

EDIT: OH YEAH! Beat Inferno 3 in 21 minutes 384 faults. :bouncy:

I think platinums are harder to get in evolution. Though i only got 4 in the first game, i only have 1 in evolution.

Trials is a game where you come back and try to beat your times, your friend's times or gain a higher medal, sorta like a puzzle. If you stare at it long enough, you aren't going to find where that piece goes lol.

Did gigatrack with 5 faults, but finished with 9:18 and gold is 6 faults or less and under 7:55 :bomb:

Another run, 4 faults 8:22. :/

YES! YES! YES! Gigatrack done in 2 faults 7:48. I was so nervous at the end!

I have 100% in the first 5 events, 206 medals total. I actually got platinum in the circus games Icarus Factor and Exploding Man. Icarus Factor was a bit tricky, the thing that helped me out was I watched one of the top replays. You back up, then tap the gas a few times, then just hold it down. But the thing that made me really fly the best was when you hit Y to release, you hold the LS up and forward. For whatever reason holding up on the LS made me fly higher and farther by a lot. I really never thought holding up would work, but it did.

I guess I'm on a lower expectation level than the rest but I'm proud of finally getting the Trials Trophy and I'm up to 137 now after getting a couple of extreme tracks done. I'd like to finish the last 4 or 5 but I have to go into it in a high-tolerance mood.

Totally agree, Spy. I see it sitting there in my Quickplay and sometimes am just too tempted to get another medal but then play for two hours to get a perfect run on something.

[quote name='The 7th Number']This game just got better, next month 36 new tracks on Pain Island for 5 dollars on xbox 360. It also comes with some cool looking helmets, and a dirt bike.

Check it out![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info fellow Wisconsinite! :D

So how are the new tracks? I'm surprised no one has posted impressions yet. I haven't picked up the DLC yet, but I'm planning to download it this weekend.

[quote name='Spybreak8']It seems everything is coming out in the wroooonggggg tiiimeee! lol on hold for me.[/QUOTE]

that's the holiday shopping season! everybody is aiming for your wallet!

[quote name='DurbanBrown']I was thinking of getting this. Wondered if it was really worth it[/QUOTE]I just spent a couple hours playing it, and I think it is. The tracks are awesome, and noticeably harder than in the main game. Even the "Easy" courses have a few tricky jumps in them, probably similar to what would be in the Medium tracks of the main game. Once you get to the Medium and Hard tracks in this DLC, some of them can get pretty tough. I think I had something like 80 faults on the final Hard track.

The Extreme tracks.... well, I only tried the first one, and I don't see myself finishing it. Then again, I only ever finished one of the Extreme tracks in the main game, so maybe it's just that my so-so skills do not pay the bills.

Lots of stuff added to the track editor, too. That won't make much difference to me apart from seeing what kind of crazy stuff the community can make out of it all. I tried making a track in the main game and my one attempt turned out pretty sad. :lol:

[quote name='Danimal']I just spent a couple hours playing it, and I think it is. The tracks are awesome, and noticeably harder than in the main game. Even the "Easy" courses have a few tricky jumps in them, probably similar to what would be in the Medium tracks of the main game. Once you get to the Medium and Hard tracks in this DLC, some of them can get pretty tough. I think I had something like 80 faults on the final Hard track.

[/QUOTE]

Yeh, I agree. Easy is really more medium. It was harder then I thought it would be. The bike feels little touchy. Its still fun and the tracks are really neat. But challenging.

I bought the DLC and played about 1-2 hours of it. The bikes do feel a little touchy, maybe i just forgot how they feel. But they seem extremely easy to bounce, pop a wheelie, or fall face first. They also feel like they are light as a feather. But again, i may not remember how they were in the main game as much. Really wish i could customize my own bike, and give it my own personal ratings.

Racing Evolved - Beginner/Easy - I got 66% complete, one gold and two silver.

Down and Dirty - Easy/Medium - I only got 33% complete, one silver and two bronze. This course only allows the bike you pedal, called the Gecko 520. Which i havent really gotten the hang of it that well. Plus the first course "Flow like water" just seems like its set up to make you fail. One point you have to brake to duck under a wooden object. Later there is a huge ramp and you free fall down and end up hitting the same type of wooden object. Maybe if i spend more time with it ill be able to do it better.

Adrenaline Rush - Medium - I got 100% in, four gold medals. For whatever reason this was pretty easy for me, and i dont even think i retried any of the courses to get gold.

Survival of the Fastest
- Medium - I got 68% in that one, two gold, one silver, and one bronze.

Theory of Acceleration
- hard - i got 50% in. Two gold, two silver, two bronze, and i cant seem to finish Aftermath. Whenever i get to that area where you jump up and gravity starts to pull you to the left of your screen, thats the part i get stuck at.

Unatural Selection - Extreme - Havent had a chance to try any of these yet. There are only three tracks in this course.

Skill Game Circus II - Medium/Hard - Havent had a chance to try these. There are only two, Adrenaline Cannon and Uphill Struggle.

But overall for 5 dollars i think its cool. I also seen there is a Bahemoth Knight helmet, so your head looks like the blue knight from castle crashers. Only 199,990 price tag. :D

A5EDcafCIAA7p0I.jpg

I played quite a bit of the DLC. Love it. The bikes control the same as before, I think. They play fine. I've gold starred all but the last hard level and have two platinums. Haven't completed any of the extreme levels yet.

I have 100% on the first 3 events. One platinum being on the "High Level Degree" course. 87% in Survival of the Fastest, all gold except silver on Thermal Terror. 71% on Theory of Acceleration, 3 gold, 4 silver. Then a lousy 8% in Unnatural Selection. Bronzed "Back to the Attic" and couldnt finish the other two. Actually the other two i cant even get past the first part of the tracks lol. I got a platinum medal in the skill game Adrenaline Cannon, actually came in 437th in the leaderboards with 1.371m. But now that i look i got bumped down to 475.

Overall this game is great, i just wish it had longer replay value. Ive only played this a couple days and im already at the point where i cant do anything. Either i got gold on all the tracks and they are too hard to get platinum for me, or they are just too hard to enjoy the game. I guess if i practiced more i would get better but i dont always have the patients. Then whenever i download tracks other people made, they are either really lame or too hard. Just wish there was a lot more easy/medium type tracks to this game. Not just the DLC but the whole game in general. It also kind of sucks you cant use the Gecko bike on any tracks from the main game.

I can't really do the Extremes, or just barely, but I get a ton of mileage out of this game. And if you stick to the highly rated download levels, there are some great ones. I've put more time into Trials HD and Evo than any other games by far.

I hate Aftermath, its now the only course i havent gotten gold in under the Thoery of Acceleration events. My best time was 6 faults in 1:21, i need 5 faults or less in 1:12. I usually get stuck by the part where gravity goes to the left, or by the piano, sometimes right before the piano where you are climbing uphill on a pipe. :bomb:

UPDATE

Finally got aftermath gold, never play that track again!

Wow, just beat Straitjacket (181 faults in 14:36) and Magic Marker (198 faults in 14:02), sure i only got bronze but wow those are very very hard. So i have 25% now in Unnatural Selection.

I have a total of 6 platinum medals in the DLC, 3 in the main game, total of 9.

Man there is an achievement to get gold on every track and skill game in the DLC, i wont be getting that achievement. lol.
Also there is an achievement to find all the squirrels and i was half way through that until i got to a hard level that you have to stay on fire and reach a certain point. When i saw that i just said forget that.
And riding a wheelie through the nut house achievement is another hard one.

Aftermath is tough, I agree. I'm just short of gold on that one. I also tend to get stuck at those same points. If I get by the gravity bit, I then flub it at the piano.

Just read some cool news on joystiq.com

The second batch of DLC for Trials Evolution is headed your way in December (yes, that's this month), and it's titled 'Riders of Doom' in celebration of the end of the world. Riders of Doom will run you 400 MS Points ($5 USD).

The DLC includes 40 new tracks set in the Big Sand Lands, an apocalypse-inspired environment that will be built up and destroyed throughout the stages, and a new Banshee bike. Riders of Doom also adds "hundreds" of new editor objects to the level editor and has 10 new Skill Games, including an infinite series of generated extreme obstacles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NkDc-wRPI

I picked it up and played some last night. It feels more difficult to me, a little. Not sure, though. In any case it's another good DLC pack. I loved the wild west track, not sure of the real name.

[quote name='crunchewy']I picked it up and played some last night. It feels more difficult to me, a little. Not sure, though. In any case it's another good DLC pack. I loved the wild west track, not sure of the real name.[/QUOTE]

yeah i went through the first 3 events and the western one stood out as one of the best ones so far.

bread's done
Back