Trials Evolution (RedLynx's Trials HD sequel) - Out Now! - 1200 points

Is anyone else having issues getting into a multiplayer match?

I love the game so far, it's really easy to download/play custom tracks. If anybody wants to they can send me a Friend Request so we can compare scores.

[quote name='GUNNM']Look at the xbox rewards thing you get 300 MSP back for doing certain things[/QUOTE]
thanks for the heads up! :)

[quote name='The 7th Number']Does this game have the wacky side games like trying to bike up the mountain, or trying to go the longest on one wheel, etc? Ill probably get it either way, but i might wait a while.[/QUOTE]
man, these were awesome, motorcycle inside or outside iron ball, jumping, bone breaking, bomb transport...

[quote name='crunchewy']According to RedLynxGamer there are more (Red Lynx selected) skill games (well, they say "minigames", so maybe these are non trials type stuff? I don't know) available via Track Central:

https://twitter.com/redlynxgamer/status/192565192423505920[/QUOTE]
broken link? (don't have or care about twitter)

[quote name='utopianmachine']The mini games aren't all bike-based, this time. One has your guy skiing and another has you controlling a ball ala Marble Madness.[/QUOTE]
I trust these damn great Finnish devs to make them great.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I keep getting pop ups telling me to reconnect to Live to post to the leader boards even though I am connected. Anyone else having issues?[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here and asked a friend who obviously, by the look of the fact that he has a lot of achievements and a new gamerpic, has played the game all day lol and he said it was fine then went all wonky. So yeah it's probably everybody jumping into the game, which is kind of a cool problem to have. :applause:

Update: It's working now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I said I wouldn't, I picked this up today as well. Forgot how much this game makes me rage though.

On a more positive note, the custom tracks are pretty fun. Foosball and a shmup? Fine by me.

Where/how do people win the 160 MSP codes? I could use one...

[quote name='The 7th Number']Does this game have the wacky side games like trying to bike up the mountain, or trying to go the longest on one wheel, etc? Ill probably get it either way, but i might wait a while.[/QUOTE]
man, these were awesome, motorcycle inside or outside iron ball, jumping, bone breaking, bomb transport... not enough imho, ended up playing these more than the (tough) tracks.

[quote name='crunchewy']According to RedLynxGamer there are more (Red Lynx selected) skill games (well, they say "minigames", so maybe these are non trials type stuff? I don't know) available via Track Central:

https://twitter.com/redlynxgamer/status/192565192423505920[/QUOTE]
[quote name='utopianmachine']The mini games aren't all bike-based, this time. One has your guy skiing and another has you controlling a ball ala Marble Madness.[/QUOTE]
and to the poster above me, I can't wait!

Yeah apparently the game was getting smashed by the masses (the best problem you could have) as I had the problem 30 minutes as I was playing. It was fixed shortly though and I hadn't had any more problems with the game's leaderboards. Had to replay the levels I beat to post my score but it was a pleasurable experience so I didn't mind that much.

I played the crap out of this game, according to Raptr 4 hours too haha. Played a bunch of the single player, went into the Track Central hub and tried out the official RedLynx tracks (Angry Bikers, Super Bike Boy lolz) along with the user created crap/decent ones and played some multiplayer.

The multiplayer is fun but at first it's confusing which rider is you in the race. Wasn't until a few races afterwards that I realized it says your Gamertag on the left of the riders at the start.

Start the race, flip upside down due to not knowing where you are amongst the 4 riders lol.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Start the race, flip upside down due to not knowing where you are amongst the 4 riders lol.[/QUOTE]

I've only played a little multiplayer, but I found it easy to keep track of my rider based on the clothes and bike customization. I find it hilarious that my rider has no shoes. :D

I need CAG advice! When's the greatest likelihood of a sale on this game? I really like the original but it really ramped up in difficulty so that I couldn't play the any of the later levels so it became a pretty small game to me. I heard this game has a less steep progression. But after playing the demo, I can see how insane this game will probably get, difficulty-wise.

I'm so itching to pull the trigger but I have never bought a $15 game for $15...

[quote name='dirtyvu']I need CAG advice! When's the greatest likelihood of a sale on this game?[/QUOTE]
It has been out for 2 days. Not for a long time - especially since it is going to sell a ton.

Fall at the earliest, and I'd guess it'll be more towards the holidays.

[quote name='KaneRobot']It has been out for 2 days. Not for a long time - especially since it is going to sell a ton.

Fall at the earliest, and I'd guess it'll be more towards the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my guess would also be sometime during the holiday season as well, part of the countdown to whatever day deals, but def a year from now. It'll go on sale, every game that comes out with Summer of Arcade or this new Arcade Next ends up on sale a while from now. If you can wait that long, (yeah that's what I usually do sometimes), lol :applause:.

[quote name='dirtyvu']I need CAG advice! When's the greatest likelihood of a sale on this game? I really like the original but it really ramped up in difficulty so that I couldn't play the any of the later levels so it became a pretty small game to me. I heard this game has a less steep progression. But after playing the demo, I can see how insane this game will probably get, difficulty-wise.

I'm so itching to pull the trigger but I have never bought a $15 game for $15...[/QUOTE]
uhm if you buy it now and do a bunch of other shit on xbl you can get it for 900 MSP

This could EASILY be a more than $15 game! Soooo effing worth it! I may even entertain Multilplayer! That's RARE for a game...

argh... you guys are killing me... :D

considering that the holidays are about 6 months away... if the holidays are what you guys are thinking for a sale...

*argh*

[quote name='dirtyvu']I need CAG advice! When's the greatest likelihood of a sale on this game? I really like the original but it really ramped up in difficulty so that I couldn't play the any of the later levels so it became a pretty small game to me. I heard this game has a less steep progression. But after playing the demo, I can see how insane this game will probably get, difficulty-wise.

I'm so itching to pull the trigger but I have never bought a $15 game for $15...[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that with Track Central you'll be able to download tracks to your hearts content. Presuming people don't just make hard tracks, and I wouldn't expect that they would do that exclusively, you should be able to get a lot more value out of this game then you did HD.

I with everybody else in this thread and I loving this game. It is really addictive like the first one. One of the best decisions they made is a 1 button restart without reload.

okay, so here's one more angle... for April's Xbox Rewards thing, I already have everything. I bought 800+ points of game stuff (got Pinball Arcade). Got the 1+ hours of Youtube. Got 10 hours of video.

Now, is there a good chance that if I got Trials Evolution in May, it would count toward something that month? I can definitely wait a couple of weeks.

You guys have pretty much got me convinced there won't be a sale on the game for at least 6 months.

[quote name='dirtyvu']okay, so here's one more angle... for April's Xbox Rewards thing, I already have everything. I bought 800+ points of game stuff (got Pinball Arcade). Got the 1+ hours of Youtube. Got 10 hours of video.[/QUOTE]

I just read the Rewards thing for April. The one-hour of YouTube app use is possible. No way I'll be able to get in the "use an entertainment app (Netflix, Hulu, etc) for 10+ hours total this month" stipulation.

Small tangent.

As for Trials Evo, I've only played for a lil' bit, but it's already my pick for Game of the Year. Love it. So much content for fifteen-dollars.

Finally got to play tonight and, yep, it's freaking awesome! Well, I do think the curving bits are kind of weird and slightly nausea inducing, but not too bad. :) I'm getting use to them in any case. It's everything I hoped for. So much entertainment for your dollar and so many great improvements over the original. No doubt it will be my game of the year.

One weird thing is how the textures look like crap for a moment at the start of each level, then they sharpen up (before you start moving). I presume others see this happen?

Definitely, easily game of the year.

[quote name='crunchewy']Well, I do think the curving bits are kind of weird and slightly nausea inducing, but not too bad. [/QUOTE]

First time I saw that I was like wOhA... then I was like... Well, better they do it than make me do it because then I'd be completely worthless at this game... :\

...this may be the first time I've ever bought a 1200 point game at the 1200 point price. Very tempted, and I didn't even buy the first Trials. After watching the Giant Bomb quick look I'm convinced.

[quote name='KaneRobot']...this may be the first time I've ever bought a 1200 point game at the 1200 point price. Very tempted, and I didn't even buy the first Trials. After watching the Giant Bomb quick look I'm convinced.[/QUOTE]
I Honestly just decided to submit and get it after playing the demo and I do not regret it. I Couldn't get into the first one that much, but this one just gives more then enough variety to justify the cost and even with all the trial and error I never feel frustrated. That and personally I feel the change in scenery from warehouses helps alot as well.

[quote name='Chase']I just read the Rewards thing for April. The one-hour of YouTube app use is possible. No way I'll be able to get in the "use an entertainment app (Netflix, Hulu, etc) for 10+ hours total this month" stipulation.

Small tangent.

As for Trials Evo, I've only played for a lil' bit, but it's already my pick for Game of the Year. Love it. So much content for fifteen-dollars.[/QUOTE]

I gave in to temptation and went to the dark side. Picked up Trials Evo and loving it.

As for the 10 hours of video, why can't you do it? Lots of options like Crackle, ESPN, VEVO, etc.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Gigatrack :cold:

Needs more checkpoints. ;)[/QUOTE]No kidding. I just finished it... in 25:51.196, with 79 faults. It almost feels like there should be an achievement just for finishing it. :lol:

What I lack in mad skillz, I make up for in stubborn persistence. :mrgreen:

[quote name='bardockkun']I Honestly just decided to submit and get it after playing the demo and I do not regret it. I Couldn't get into the first one that much, but this one just gives more then enough variety to justify the cost and even with all the trial and error I never feel frustrated. That and personally I feel the change in scenery from warehouses helps alot as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think the dev RedLynx learned from the feedback from HD as there seems to be a better learning curve with tracks that break down the basic and more advanced moves on how to go over obstacles and what not this go around.

This game is so addicting lol, crushed my leaderboards and got gold medals on some tracks last night. :)

I love the game (contender for game of the year), but this one seems MUCH easier than the last. I've played for 2 days and i have beaten every level except for 1 exteme :)bomb:) and tournements, and i am only missing 3 achievements. I havnt even damaged 1 controller yet!

Does the game have local multiplayer? Like, two players logged in, picking the bikes they've unlocked and all? Or is it sort of blind multiplayer, using pre-rendered characters and bikes and all?

[quote name='macontosh2000']I love the game (contender for game of the year), but this one seems MUCH easier than the last. I've played for 2 days and i have beaten every level except for 1 exteme :)bomb:) and tournements, and i am only missing 3 achievements. I havnt even damaged 1 controller yet![/QUOTE]

I like it that way... a bit more playable than HD... Then again I'm not that far after a couple of days too...

[quote name='utopianmachine']Does the game have local multiplayer? Like, two players logged in, picking the bikes they've unlocked and all? Or is it sort of blind multiplayer, using pre-rendered characters and bikes and all?[/QUOTE]
Yes local MP and no its not a bland pre rendered characters the more you play SP the more clothes you unlock. You can even change the colors on your clothes and bike and the bikes on MP are the two shitty bikes you start with and the scorpion and the phoenix which are unlocked even if you haven't played SP yet

[quote name='GUNNM']Yes local MP and no its not a bland pre rendered characters the more you play SP the more clothes you unlock. You can even change the colors on your clothes and bike and the bikes on MP are the two shitty bikes you start with and the scorpion and the phoenix which are unlocked even if you haven't played SP yet[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the notice! Some friends and I are getting together tonight for some Trials Evo time, and I was trying to figure out if I should bring my profile.

You can even make your own tracks and play on them which seems like a lot of work and haven't really tried it out

bread's done
Back