TRU 2/10-2/16 Ad: Wii consoles, DSL handhelds, GHIII deals

JediBaja

CAGiversary!
Toys "R" Advertisement for Sunday, February 10th to Saturday, February 16th

Scan: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/JediBaja/Gaming/TRUad001.jpg

Consoles/Handhelds:
Wii Game System Console - $249.99
Nindendo DS Lite - $129.99 (cobalt blue, crimson red, coral pink, onyx black, polar white)

Guitar Hero:
Wii GHIII Bundle - $69.99 (Save $20)
360 GHIII game - $49.99 (Save $10)
PS2 GHIII game - $39.99 (Save $10)
PS2 GH Encore: Rocks the 80's game - $39.99 (Save $10)

DS Games:
Petz Catz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Dogz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Hamsterz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Horsez 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Wild Animals Dolphinz - $19.99 (Save $10)

Electronics:
TOM TOM One XL - $299.99 (Save $50)
Sony 2GB Video MP3 Player - $89.99 (Save $10)

[quote name='Starving Gamer']Hi folks, I'm pretty new here but am a veteran bargain game hunter and would like to help fellow gamers save some $$ by posting info on relevant sales and MDs at TRU(I'm friends with Geoffrey;)).Please keep in mind they don't have flyers every week, and though markdowns are a weekly affair they don't always include games.
The following items are on the 2/10 flyer:
  • Save $10 on Guitar Hero III--$49.99 XB360, $39.99 PS2
  • Guitar hero Rocks the 80's $39.99 PS2
  • Guitar Hero bundle for WII--$69.99, was $89.99
  • $129.99 Nintendo DS Lite, including the new blue one.
  • Save $10 on all Petz games for the DS @ $19.99, was $29.99 (shows pic of Hamsterz 2, Dogz 2, Catz 2, Horsez 2, and Dolphinz)
  • Zoo Tycoon 2, Professor Layton and the curious village, A.W. Days of Ruin for $29.99; Mario & Sonic Olympics $34.99
  • The add DOES feature WIIs, meaning at least 6 will be available per store--plan on getting up really early if you want to snag one!
The following are markdowns effective Monday, 2/11. It is by no means a comprehensive list, as it contains only clearanced items that are part of one particular store's inventory--other stores may feature more or less items depending on their stock. If a store near you does carry these titles, however, the following prices will be effective as of 2/11. Please feel free to add any other titles you might come across.

XB360:
  • Surf's Up--$9.90
  • Project Gotham 4--$39.99
XBox:
  • NFL Head Coach--$5.00
PS3:
  • The Darkness--$9.90
PS2:
  • Metal Slug Anthology--$9.90
  • Taito Legends 2--$9.90
  • Suikoden Tactics--$9.90
DS:
  • Kart Racing--$9.90
  • Napoleon Dynamite--$9.90
  • Ed, Edd & Eddie--$19.99
  • Sudokuro--$9.90
PSP:
  • P.o P. Rival Swords--$9.90
Well, it's not a great list but it's a start. It is kinda interesting, however, because the $9.90 price point is new and could signify a new wave of clearanced games--we can only hope!
Cheers,

The Starving Gamer

PS: I first posted this in the wrong forum, so here it is again if ya missed it.:dunce:[/quote]

[quote name='MightySlacker']Gangs of London - $5
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror - $5
Capcom Puzzle World - $5
Hitman Blood Money XBX - $5
Far Cry Evolution - $3
Tales of Symphonia - $9.90
Bust a Move DS - $5
Tokobot Plus - $5
Devil may Cry 3 SE - $5
GTA Vice City - $5
Gunpey PSP - $5
natasha gift set GBA - $5
mojo ps2 - $5
Lumines plus - $5

Dave[/quote]

Wow! Where do you live?! I will have to check out TRU again today, to see if our TRU has the same prices!!

Anyone want to pickup Killzone for PSP at that price+shipping and a little extra? I've checked the 3 TRU in my area (Cincinnati) but they are all cleaned out.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So it's okay for people here to hoard stuff, but it's wrong if it is someone from another board?

I'm not sticking up for them, but that's kind of a far out double standard.[/quote]

Agreed. "Hiding" deals is counter to the CAG spirit, not to mention extremely douche-y.

Share and share alike.

I like the way this thread is going. I'm not hoarding anything. I just want to buy a game or two before this guy I know that hoards, hoards.
I hope he hasn't seen this yet.

[quote name='trunks982']thanks. but do they have darkness for the ps3?[/quote]

I have no idea. I went specifically for DS, PS2, and 360 games, didn't even glance at the PS3 section.

I'm heading out this afternoon to look for a few.

Eternal Sonata and The Darkness are intriguing to me. If I see a copy of Killzone, I'll pick that up for you, Ronin.

I got a PoP:Rival Swords for PSP ($9.90) that I'm not going to keep. Didn't realize that it's basically a port of Two Thrones. PM if you're looking for it or I'll return it in a few days.

Ideally I'd like Fight Night 3 for PS3 or Kororinpa:Marble Mania for Wii as trade since I couldn't find those. Will check tradelists too.

So the Toys R Us in Vernon Hills, IL had some Wiis today (Saturday). They had us go through this line where they try to pitch a "Super Bundle" which is an over priced extended warranty. So they ask the guy in front of me two or three times, then they ask me twice. I get up to the counter and the guy checking me out asks again (and a couple of times at that)! He said it has been worth it because he is now on his third Wii. And to think I used to like that Toys R Us...
why doesn't no mean no for these chumps?

[quote name='poet17eric']So the Toys R Us in Vernon Hills, IL had some Wiis today (Saturday). They had us go through this line where they try to pitch a "Super Bundle" which is an over priced extended warranty. So they ask the guy in front of me two or three times, then they ask me twice. I get up to the counter and the guy checking me out asks again (and a couple of times at that)! He said it has been worth it because he is now on his third Wii. And to think I used to like that Toys R Us...
why doesn't no mean no for these chumps?[/QUOTE]

What is he doing with these things to be on his third Wii? Target practice? That's gotta be truly unlucky or he's counting the 2 he sold for triple retail before Christmas...

Went to Porter Ranch today, saw a clearance bin with mostly Xbox 1 stuff, and a bunch of XBLA Arcade Offlines (Whatever it's called) for $9.98, the Xbox 360 VGA cable for $19.98 and some PSP batteries for $16.98. Nothing too exciting.

(The BB next door had Xbox Pro's in stock, though)

Went to the Toys R Us near Plaza Las Americas in PR

No Eternal Sonata :( Blazing Angels 9.90 Fifa World Cup 9.90 and more copies of The Outfit at 9.90

Got marc ecko's getting up LE (9.90) and coleco plug and play for 1.98. was looking for the gta triple pack but no luck.:cry:

Wait, why are you guys mentioning Eternal Sonata? I don't see it on the list, and search in topic only brings up the two people that said they were going to find it.

Because someone said they found an awesome 360 game for $5 with no confirmation and we're all looking to find it.
I checked 2 TRU's and neither had it.
or Hotel Dusk...

Well, the bad news is that Eternal Sonata is NOT $5.

The good news is that it $9.90

The bad news is that you will have a tough time finding it, as most TRUs got a low initial shipment and never got it restocked.

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']Well, the bad news is that Eternal Sonata is NOT $5.

The good news is that it $9.90

The bad news is that you will have a tough time finding it, as most TRUs got a low initial shipment and never got it restocked.

Dave[/quote]

Shit. I never thought to look. Hmm.

[quote name='ddp72984']went to toys r us in burbank and orland (illinois) looking for...

metal slug
metroid hunters
darkness

no luck. did any find them? Thanks[/quote]

lol my girl friend lives in orland park, small world

Just got back from Toys R Us again and picked up Gangs of London for $5.

Weird thing is, they knew it was $5, but still had it up with a $9.99 price tag behind the counter.

Two more games confirmed.

iconxbox360.gif

Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires - $5.00
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PH) - $9.90

[quote name='snakelda']Mine actally had Tetris DS but for $30.[/quote]

If you could afford to, you should have purchased it. It's an extremely rare find that a fellow CAG'er would trade for with/buy from you, or eBay customer would no doubt purchase from you for more than $30.

I checked Westbury & Valley Stream TRU's for Eternal Sonata with no luck, employees don't even remember seeing the games stocked there at all.

bread's done
Back